sportsczy
VanDeezNuts
Mamad
14 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Real Madrid VS Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Real Madrid VS Barcelona

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:07 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Somebody please zoom in on Florentino's face. I want to see the face of a guy who has finally realized he *bleep* up big time.

its not the presidents job to win games, he'll just fire lope and business goes on lol

titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:07 pm

I am sorry for thinking Lope was competent to take over this team. These players obviously need a dad to hold their hands. Raul needs to come and save this sinking ship asap. I dont want to hear the name of another tactician ever again. The players obviously do not follow them
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:13 pm

We need a proper professional elite manager. We need Jardim or Conte. They'll get us organized properly at the very least.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:16 pm

You could bring Pep as head coach and Jardin as assistant and they wouldn't be able to win us anything with this squad.

We need a brutal overhaul. Some players have overstayed their welcome and need to be released yesterday. That's the first step that you need to do if you really are serious about making a transition. Changing just the coach is not the answer.

Last edited by The Demon of Carthage on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:17 pm

titosantill wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:Somebody please zoom in on Florentino's face. I want to see the face of a guy who has finally realized he *bleep* up big time.

its not the presidents job to win games, he'll just fire lope and business goes on lol

It is the president's job to make sure we have a functioning team and not a hot pile of garbage- hiring the right coaches, signing the right players- Perez has clearly not done that.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:18 pm

Jardim would be another Lopeteguu. Conte Laughing as if Mourinho wasn't enough, we now want Mourinho v2.0 who'll make us play shit on a stick football. Thanks but no thanks. All these guys need is a motivator and they'll start grinding wins
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:19 pm

Jardim is a very very good manager. How can you put him in the same category as Lopetegui ffs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:23 pm

We should have known the day we got raped by Sevilla.

Couldn't let it finish 2-1. had to make it embarrassing ffs.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:24 pm

yeah i'm not down for this raul thing (i wasn't down with zidane either, just for the record). not everyone can turn things around ala zidane and del bosque; and with those 2 (even though i felt we needed squad change when zizou came in), they had better personnel.....and this doesn't excuse lope btw. juande ramos took a team of half injured squad minutes before the clasico, and though they still lost, they made it tough especially defensively (he did the opposite and lost 2-6 at home but whatever)

the team is awful and defensively terrible, if we had played a tight defensive game, full concentration, we'd still drop points (cos we can't score), but we'd have some grit and know how to build for next year.....i don't know how raul can solve that.

this i guess is another 'charge it to the game' season
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:26 pm

we're going to play for top 4... aka the Wenger Trophy.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:28 pm

It's simple, there's no hard work. Barca have won millions of LLs and they still hound you like dogs. Asensio came on and just after his dumb shot, starred jogging back and Barca had a chance on the other end. Like I have said our players don't need a tacticians, history has proved that tacticians don't make it far in our teams. Our 2 most successful Managers in recent time had no tactical know-how just the personality to lead a team of galacticos
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:30 pm

We need pragmatic tacticians... not ideological ones. There's a HUGE difference.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:32 pm

Hala you can't completely ignore tactics. Our team will be set up differently depending on the manager. We can't hire Tony Robbins and expect to win the treble.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:32 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
titosantill wrote:

It is the president's job to make sure we have a functioning team and not a hot pile of garbage- hiring the right coaches, signing the right players- Perez has clearly not done that.

i mentioned at the start of the season that i didn't like these moves. i wasn't on here championing this lot as being good enough. perez does what perez does; we don't have a technical director, and even when we did , they were flo's yes men (valdano and sacchi). but if the manager is on board with that, and has made it clear publicly that he is on board with it, what do we expect flo to do?

at least for sure he knows he'll have to sign next season (even if some magical turn around happens, which i doubt one will). i said that last year, but watching this lot must not be good for the guys health...what he also needs to know is who to sign, and i expect a coach to have a list of people who fit his schemes
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:33 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:Hala you can't completely ignore tactics. Our team will be set up differently depending on the manager. We can't hire Tony Robbins and expect to win the treble.

But that's what people think happened the past 3 years Deez... stay with the flow!
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:35 pm

i like that differentiation, pragmatical vs ideological
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:40 pm

Last season we lost 6 games. We've already lost 4 this season and it's only October Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:40 pm

titosantill wrote:i like that differentiation, pragmatical vs ideological

It's a necessity at Real Madrid since the managers don't get to impact transfers... they have to make the best with the squad that's handed to them.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:47 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:Hala you can't completely ignore tactics. Our team will be set up differently depending on the manager. We can't hire Tony Robbins and expect to win the treble.

You needn't look any further than Lope for Spain v Lope for RM. Night and day. His Spain team had a structure and an idea of how to play. Lope's Real on the other hand has been ZZ lite without the grit and determination. Conte would probably last at most 6 months. Jardim another unknown will come and try to coach this entitled team and we'd be as bad as we were today
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:54 pm

Lopetegui sacrificed his idea of play after a couple of games for god knows what? the team we have seen in the past few weeks is the same from last year under zidane: Miserable. At the start of the season, he was pushing the team to counter press, keep possession, etc, and he had results.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:59 pm

Lope didn't have the players he needed to play the way he wanted. Imagine having an old French baguette as a center forward. The Spanish national team were also eager to prove themselves. RM have a bunch of over entitled players who don't need to prove anything to anyone. They have won it all, and they play like they couldn't be fussed to win anymore.

We need a manager who can 1) find a way to motivate our current crop of players, 2) structure our team tactically to bring out the best in our players and cover our weaknesses, and 3) facilitate this rebuilding phase by cultivating youth and bringing in hidden gems given our seemingly nonexistent transfer budget.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:04 pm

He did, he just did not have to courage at times to play the way he wanted at the start of the season. He started playing players become of seniority more so than Merit.

ultimately, he did not have the courage to follow through on his ideas.

i think we need a manager who is going to challenge the players and get in their face if needed. That would install a meritocracy in theteam. If Ceballos is playing better than Modric, and he has been playing better this season, then he needs to play. I dont care that modric won The Best trophy.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:15 pm

I disagree Nick.

With ZZ, he knew that Marcelo and BBC don't defend.  So he had the midfield 3 play low with Modric and Kroos covering as would a normal wing player (since Ronaldo and Bale wouldn't do it).

He put Casemiro to cover the middle... but figured that his best defenders are Varane, Casemiro and Ramos so, even if they had a lot of pressure, it would be in front of them at least as opposed to breakdowns on the side.

He made BBC take a central high defending position so at least they could take positional space to help Casemiro.  But it wouldn't be as demanding as covering overlapping fullbacks.

Lope did nothing of the sort.  Kroos and Modric took advanced positions while he expected Asensio/Isco and Bale to cover for the overlapping fullbacks.  Why did he do this?  Because possession and midfield control are the basis of his ideology.  He gambled that possession would negate the extra chances Madrid would give up.

That didn't work out and he never changed his setup.  

Zidane tried the sexy attacking full press style his first month too and we dropped points like crazy.  He quickly gave that up and secured the hatches defensively.

Granted, given how low the midfield played under ZZ, a lot was asked of the forwards and fullbacks in terms of chance creation.  We couldn't create through the middle because our midfielders played so conservatively.  But it was the absolute best setup for the squad we had. Also, we played our best when either Bale or Benzema were injured and he could play Isco or Vasquez. Why? Lack of work rate by BBC.

ZZ set us up to give us the best chance to win games with his squad. Did he rely on CR to be a great scorer? Sure he did. It was the smart thing to do. He also convinced CR to take games off and play a more central role. That allowed Marcelo more space to attack on the left and gave a target in the middle for the crosses as our main attack was from the flanks. What would be the point of firing crosses to Benzema?

Football is as much about the individual pieces as it is about the whole. You have to figure out how to make them fit WHILE putting your best players in the best position for them to succeed. Who are we trying to key our play on now? Isco? Asensio? Bale? I don't see a purpose.

That's the difference.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:56 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:We got ripped apart by Patetico, we got ripped apart by Sevilla and we'll get ripped apart by Barca. If there's a glimmer of hope of us beating it is going to lie squarely on Iscos shoulders. Right now he's the only one I trust to step up. Perhaps Benz too against his favourite opposition

Suarez has scored 9 goals against us in 12 El Clasicos.
Benzema has scored 9 goals against Barcelona.... in 32 El Clasicos.

Those are insane numbers by Suarez!
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:13 pm

once upon a time people said suarez wasn't as good because at pool he was the main guy. ironically three of the CFs i wanted us to sign, to replace people who weren't performing at the time, all ended up on the other side. eto'o , villa, suarez.....the eto'o one hurts the most
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:15 pm

a center back has to be a reasonable option based on what we are seeing....and proper wing backs. this defense is atrocious
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next