Would give it to Ramsey if it were up to me tbh

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Fifa The Best 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:02 am

futbol wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Criticising Salah is dumb AF.

He's the main reason they got to a CL final and he broke a PL record which has stood for more than 20 years.

The other two won a CL and got to a WC final in Modric's case so the 3 chosen are fine.

The main reason Liverpool got to the CL final was an easy draw against Roma (yeah, make all the jokes you want, Roma still are a mediocre team, even if we bottled it against them in 1 game) and Klopp's tactics against Pep.

Other than that Liverpool won nada and finished below Spurs.

Controversial to say now but de Bruyne had a better season than Salah. MVP of the league record point winners and 3rd place in the WC. Liverpool making a CL final after so many years again and Salah being such a surprise performer created a false narrative.

They beat the English champions and a team which beat the Spanish champions to get there, hardly an easy draw tbh.

Also I don't get why anyone would downplay the record Salah broke, Suarez, Ronaldo, Henry etc etc never broke it but Salah did.

It's a statistical achievement worthy of recognition, De Bruyne lost all arguments here when Liverpool smashed City and he played meh just like Messi lost all arguments when Roma knocked Barca out.

The only false narratives here are the ones you've made up in your head tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:06 am

This is a calendar year award, correct? Or is it a season?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:43 pm

Hopefully we win best fans

Schmeichel ffs. Just had to remind me of his great saves against Peru Sad
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:14 pm

Messi 52 goals/21 assists (73 total) / La Liga, Copa
Ronaldo 54 goals/11 assists (65 total) / UCL
Salah 50 goals/14 assists (64 total) / no trophies

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:20 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
futbol wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Criticising Salah is dumb AF.

He's the main reason they got to a CL final and he broke a PL record which has stood for more than 20 years.

The other two won a CL and got to a WC final in Modric's case so the 3 chosen are fine.

The main reason Liverpool got to the CL final was an easy draw against Roma (yeah, make all the jokes you want, Roma still are a mediocre team, even if we bottled it against them in 1 game) and Klopp's tactics against Pep.

Other than that Liverpool won nada and finished below Spurs.

Controversial to say now but de Bruyne had a better season than Salah. MVP of the league record point winners and 3rd place in the WC. Liverpool making a CL final after so many years again and Salah being such a surprise performer created a false narrative.

They beat the English champions and a team which beat the Spanish champions to get there, hardly an easy draw tbh.

Also I don't get why anyone would downplay the record Salah broke, Suarez, Ronaldo, Henry etc etc never broke it but Salah did.

It's a statistical achievement worthy of recognition, De Bruyne lost all arguments here when Liverpool smashed City and he played meh just like Messi lost all arguments when Roma knocked Barca out.

The only false narratives here are the ones you've made up in your head tbh.

My only thing is, if this is counting ALL comps then I think in order of importance per tournament should be World Cup>UCL>Leagues

I honestly don't have an issue with Salah being on that list, but having Modric is kind of ridiculous considering he lost the World Cup final. Instead a winner should be on that list, as Griezeman makes sense to be the third guy next Salah and Ron. But if they are just going by stats, then Messi should be on that list as he basically has the stats of Ron and Debryne combined.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:23 pm

We can't really blame Salah for the WC though lol, I know you're not but seeing as it's the only thing I'm arguing against I thought I'd mention it.

Would agree with your order of importance.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:36 pm

WC shouldn't be taken seriously anymore. The quality is decreasing rapidly from tournament to tournament.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:03 pm

futbol wrote:WC shouldn't be taken seriously anymore. The quality is decreasing rapidly from tournament to tournament.

What do you mean, it shouldn't be taken seriously? Individual top players still have to show how capable they are, without the comfort of being backed up by the star studded, club teams that they're used to playing with. In regard to awards like these, I think the world cup is still very much relevant, and should be taken seriously. I didn't see you complaining when Barca last won the treble, and all other top teams were handicapped with suspensions and injuries to key players. That's just part of the game.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:51 pm

If Perez barbie is there because of 2 games, psg and juventus then what is the problem if Modric is there too? If 2 games wins you ballon dor then add there Messi too, he had 2 great games in cl vs chelsea and juventus, and he was way better than CR in la liga

if its the award for the calendar year CR again flops in the new season 3 games 0 goal while messi is on fire. Its ridiculous

Dont make bicycle kick and statpadding against APOEL fool you. Modric and CR had similar performances and Modric deserves to be there too. its a WC year and Modric is WC finalist and CL winner

GO MODRIC
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:54 pm

Kebab wrote:If Perez barbie is there because of 2 games, psg and juventus then what is the problem if Modric is there too? If 2 games wins you ballon dor then add there Messi too, he had 2 great games in cl vs chelsea and juventus, and he was way better than CR in la liga

if its the award for the calendar year CR again flops in the new season 3 games 0 goal while messi is on fire. Its ridiculous

Dont make bicycle kick and statpadding against APOEL fool you. Modric and CR had similar performances and Modric deserves to be there too. its a WC year and Modric is WC finalist and CL winner

GO MODRIC

How are you gonna mention the calendar year but only mention the first 3 games of this season? We had 8 full months plus the rest of the year and anything can happen.. And ofc Barca fans want to discredit the World Cup.... Messi continues to flop in it
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:29 pm

Perucho21 wrote:
Kebab wrote:If Perez barbie is there because of 2 games, psg and juventus then what is the problem if Modric is there too? If 2 games wins you ballon dor then add there Messi too, he had 2 great games in cl vs chelsea and juventus, and he was way better than CR in la liga

GO MODRIC

How are you gonna mention the calendar year but only mention the first 3 games of this season? We had 8 full months plus the rest of the year and anything can happen.. And ofc Barca fans want to discredit the World Cup.... Messi continues to flop in it
what rest of the year mate, voting is closing next month. So only september matters
Kebab
Kebab

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:04 pm

sportsczy wrote:This is a calendar year award, correct? Or is it a season?

How could it be for a calendar year if the finalists are already determined months before the end of the year?

In the end it never mattered anyway. As if anyone voting for these awards would base his vote on some detailed analysis.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:23 pm

Filipe Luis (Atlético Madrid): "FIFA's The Best award is for the best player in the world. In my opinion, the best player in the world is Messi. Today, last year, 2 years ago, 3 years ago." [espn]

Agreed, awards do not matter. There is only one player who is 'the best'.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:21 pm

Agreed. Let's just drop the voting and give it to Messi. Sounds like fun.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:27 pm

Agreed, these awards are great fun. Amazing.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:51 pm

zigra wrote:
sportsczy wrote:This is a calendar year award, correct? Or is it a season?

How could it be for a calendar year if the finalists are already determined months before the end of the year?

In the end it never mattered anyway. As if anyone voting for these awards would base his vote on some detailed analysis.

You never know lol. I throw all logic aside when it comes to football and especially awards.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:56 pm

Goals
Messi: 45
Ron: 44
Salah: 44
Modric: 2

Assists
Messi: 18
Ron: 10
Salah: 14
Modric: 10

Chances Created
Messi: 121
Ron: 54
Salah: 97
Modric: 60

Successful Dribbles
Messi: 253
Ron: 55
Salah: 114
Modric: 73
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:09 pm

Are those numbers supposed to mean anything, beyond the fact that La Liga was a one horse race that Barcelona dominated last season?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:35 am

Thimmy wrote:Are those numbers supposed to mean anything, beyond the fact that La Liga was a one horse race that Barcelona dominated last season?

And why did they dominate? Because of Messi, right?

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:59 pm

Yes such domination in CL and in the world cup
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:09 am

Messi has as much case of winning this year as Mahrez had in 2016. Best player in a dominant league winning team just is not enough when there are Champions Leagues and World Cups.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:26 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Thimmy wrote:Are those numbers supposed to mean anything, beyond the fact that La Liga was a one horse race that Barcelona dominated last season?

Largely because of the lack of competition, in my opinion. But I see Barcelona fans are starving to praise Messi for the sake of it these days, so I'll give ya that one Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:15 pm

So its basically dont do a shit whole season and score a wonder goal in quarter finals of CL and you will win ballon dor. I dont understand why messi wastes his energy from the beginning of the season. March-April will decide your ballon dor you nub
Kebab
Kebab

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:28 pm

Myesyats wrote:

Nope. It was more down to Madrid being shit than Barcelona or Messi being dominate. Let me remind you that Madrid were out of the title race in October. That's your direct rival crashing out before the season even begun. Let's not kid ourselves here and pretend that Barcelona and Messi had to overcome a mammoth task to win the league.

It was one of the easiest one-horse title races to win in La Liga history, and it was won by one of the worst Barcelona sides in recent years. That should tell you how crappy your competitions were last season.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:02 pm

Atletico Madrid were relatively underwhelming last season, as well. And they still managed to place 2nd in the league, no less than 14 points behind Barcelona. No one's harping on Messi's talent, or lack thereof. We all know how talented he is, but I don't think his level of talent always translates into an equal level of performance. I don't know about you, Barca fans, but if he had been a Real Madrid player, I'd much rather prefer if he stepped up his game in the face of adversity, as opposed to stomping league teams that his team are expected to beat, with or without him. One could argue that he almost single-handedly destroyed Chelsea last season, but I saw a game that Barca looked bound to win eventually, and as much as I hate to say it, a goalkeeper who fell for the same trick twice, and generally looked about as concussed as Loris Karius did in the same tournament.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next