titosantill
Hapless_Hans
Mr Nick09
30 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Thierry Henry sack watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Thierry Henry sack watch

Post by El Gunner Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:57 am

Yea way over his head for ever starting out with this job.
Hope he learns and gets the opportunity to restart out somewhere smaller.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:04 am

We have no reason to believe Henry is in any way capable as a coach.
And why would we? He got the job because he's a legendary player, not on actual merit in coaching.
He has none. (and no, assistant NT coach for a couple of years does not qualify anyone for a big management job).
Now we have a little bit of a record to go by and it's terrible.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:14 am

A cautionary tale to all legendary players who fancy themselves as world-class coaches. The right approach is to follow the "bald fraud" blueprint laid out by Zidane and Guardiola.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:37 am

Well, to be fair to Henry, the bald frauds had arguably the two best squads of this generation at their disposal.

He may be a horrible coach, but let's be fair to him and acknowledge at least the fact that he might've done slightly better had he had prime Kroos, Modric and Ronaldo playing for him.

The only difference between him and Zidane, is that Zidane wasn't stupid enough to take on the command of a sinking ship and he immediately turned down coaching Bordeaux (or Toulouse, can't remember which one) and opted to stay with Castilla instead. Had he taken that offer, you guys would've said the same thing about the guy who later became a three-time CL winner.

BTW, I'm not saying that Henry is as good as Zidane or even that Zidane is a great coach. What I'm saying is, the quality of the players you have is crucial for you to succeed. A poor coach can succeed with a world-class squad (ask Henrique), but a great coach might not be as lucky with a poor squad.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:47 am

That's my point, the bald fraud blueprint is to take over elite teams with world-class squads, use your own experience and man management skills to guide them to trophies, and leverage this success to land secure jobs with other elite teams with deep pockets.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:24 pm

farfan wrote:That's my point, the bald fraud blueprint is to take over elite teams with world-class squads, use your own experience and man management skills to guide them to trophies, and leverage this success to land secure jobs with other elite teams with deep pockets.

Have to say that I continue to be amazed how someone of your intelligence and observational skills can actually keep looking at Pep's teams and the way they're performing, again and again, and then insist, I have to assume somewhat earnestly, on concluding that safe, prudent career choices is the core of his success.

Noone with a clear judgement can debate that most of all, Pep is where he is because he's an uniquely talented coach with an obsessive madman's work ethic and ambition, notwithstanding the bonus he has had as a prominent Barca player and Cruyff disciple, and notwithstanding the privilieged working conditions he has had at his clubs, and notwithstanding what an irritating personality he projects.

Zidane is another case. He is where he is because he is Fortuna's chosen son on top of his natural authority and temperament.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:16 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
farfan wrote:That's my point, the bald fraud blueprint is to take over elite teams with world-class squads, use your own experience and man management skills to guide them to trophies, and leverage this success to land secure jobs with other elite teams with deep pockets.

Have to say that I continue to be amazed how someone of your intelligence and observational skills can actually keep looking at Pep's teams and the way they're performing, again and again, and then insist, I have to assume somewhat earnestly, on concluding that safe, prudent career choices is the core of his success.

Noone with a clear judgement can debate that most of all, Pep is where he is because he's an uniquely talented coach with an obsessive madman's work ethic and ambition, notwithstanding the bonus he has had as a prominent Barca player and Cruyff disciple, and notwithstanding the privilieged working conditions he has had at his clubs, and notwithstanding what an irritating personality he projects.

Zidane is another case. He is where he is because he is Fortuna's chosen son on top of his natural authority and temperament.

I have to agree with this. Surely, Pep’s earned himself some credibility, at this point in time. He may have been privileged to have taken over stacked squads, ever since he made a name for himself at Barcelona, but his tactical and managerial impact on his teams have been very apparent throughout his career - perhaps abundantly so, considering his hipster tendencies when experimenting with players and tactical setups. Pep definitely isn’t a fluke, or someone who’s riding the coat-tails of a one off achievement with a past club.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:57 pm

Vigil for Art Morte when he see's the recent GL onslaught to bald men Shocked
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:07 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Because he's being emotional, same case with almost any comments related to Guardiola on this forum.

When you let emotions dictate your thoughts even the smartest people say stupid things.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Because he's being emotional, same case with almost any comments related to Guardiola on this forum.

When you let emotions dictate your thoughts even the smartest people say stupid things.

This is not simply emotion anymore. This is emotion that has long been ossified into resentment, which in turn then starts its own reasoning.
Farfan resents Pep, and then builds an argumentation that must serve to justify this resentment.

IMO if you're going to resent someone or something, do so consciously and don't start to insult everyone else's intelligence by trying to reason :coffee:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:54 pm

While I get what Farfan is getting at, both Pep and Zidane actually coached at a lower level before making it big. Pep at Barca B and Zidane at Castilla. For the very least, they both cut their teeth with an actual managerial job before making it big.

Henry went from (a not so good?) pundit to coaching little children at Arsenal (couldn't even make it official as Wenger wanted a full time coach) to 2nd assistant coach/assistant manager in the Belgium NT to Monaco. From my own viewing, that was a bridge too far.

I do hope he doesn't give up though.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:54 pm

Monaco have sacked head coach Thierry Henry and rehired Leonardo Jardim on a two-and-a-half year contract.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:41 pm

i can't allow any comparisons between Zidane and Henry, let alone Pep. this is highly disrespectful stuff. Henry's arrogance is the reason why his players did not improve 1% with him and he flopped. He barely made anyone better.

Zidane was very diligent as a young coach not skipping steps, Coaching castilla was a very humble move and many people like Gerrard or lampard make that humble step to start from the bottom.

This dude after taking a job where he just talks with players to make them feel good, and not actually doing any coaching job though he was good enough to take a team midseason, and fighting relegation. Lack of intelligence taking a job he had not qualifications for.

That video of him humiliating a young player in press conference because he did not push a chair is the reason he got sacked
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:50 pm

Could not find the MLS thread in search, sorry

I will just say Thierry Henry is not a very good manager, not a single tactical flash throughout the season, with the poor squad at disposal he obtained the expected poor results. He also has an attitude, like he is bored or something. Bittersweet experience with him so far, but he deserves another chance without Covid.

After the JJ crest disaster today i am victim of another terrible Microsoft Paint rebranding

Seriously how can you go from this
Thierry Henry sack watch - Page 4 Montre10

To this Laughing imagine embracing a new identity as snowflakes
Thierry Henry sack watch - Page 4 Impact10

And it occurs everywhere like a plague. Fast like that Bordeaux, Nantes, Hellas Verona and many others fanbases have also been disrespected by their PR office......
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:13 pm

That might be the most depressing logo I've ever seen.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:24 pm

Art Morte wrote:That might be the most depressing logo I've ever seen.

Challenge accepted:
Spoiler:
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:34 pm

At least JJ is still the good ol Juve

My local club changed the name of the club, it is the pinnacle of the loser mentality. If you look on wikipedia pages of Alessandro Nesta and Didier Drogba you'll see they once played for Impact, a club founded 30 years ago in semi-beer leagues by second generation italo-canadians who wanted to share their passion for this sport. They wanted to have an impact on community. It evolved into a MLS club for what it's worth, also in co-ownership with Bologna, and signed legends of the game. As for every major rebranding i have ever seen i rate this terribly.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:35 pm

Benevento's crest is so bad it's great
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:44 pm

MLS Molenation

Microsoft paint level: rookie
Thierry Henry sack watch - Page 4 Charlo10

Paint level: pro
Thierry Henry sack watch - Page 4 Housto10

Paint level: expert
Thierry Henry sack watch - Page 4 Austin10
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:04 pm

About to get the Bournemouth job
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:51 pm

sorry what
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:50 am

RealGunner wrote:About to get the Bournemouth job
What!!! Why!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:57 am

Unique wrote:Monaco have sacked head coach Thierry Henry and rehired Leonardo Jardim on a two-and-a-half year contract.

For a moment I thought Unique is back on the forum Laughing
I think he is taking care of Trump in these difficult times.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:57 pm

OUT
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:29 pm

Didn’t he step down for family reasons?
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:52 pm

Warrior wrote:OUT

Not sure why so aggressive, when apparently Henry increased his average points per game from 0,95 at Monaco to 1,07 for Montreal Impact

You should be sorry to see such a successful coach go
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next