Doc
El Gunner
S
Onyx
RealGunner
42 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

GL Pre-Season improvements/Suggestions/Innovation Empty GL Pre-Season improvements/Suggestions/Innovation

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:28 pm

So us overseers have been discussing what exactly we can do before the season starts in terms of improving the forum structure, sections, lack of activities in certain areas etc.

One thing we have agreed on is to get rid of MLS/A-League/Rest of the world sections. There is no debate on that.

There has also been an idea about moving the Hub above club section. What do you all think about that?

But we are not sure what to do with the other sections. I mean we can all see sections like United/bayern/Inter barely get posts in them. At best there are 50 in a season. But we also know those sections have posters who do posts there sometimes. It's a dilemma.

Also don't make this about activity or lack of posters since we have discussed that countless times.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. Season starts in a month so try to be quick and give me a 3 week head start to change things around.

Thank you

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

GL Pre-Season improvements/Suggestions/Innovation Empty Re: GL Pre-Season improvements/Suggestions/Innovation

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:47 pm

You must DELETE the club sections that are DORMANT and ASLEEP on the plane known as the LEGACY of GOAL.

They must enter the LAKE of REINCARNATION and EMERGE as newly REFORMED WOKEN sections yehhsssss.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

GL Pre-Season improvements/Suggestions/Innovation Empty Re: GL Pre-Season improvements/Suggestions/Innovation

Post by S Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:49 pm

But we are not sure what to do with the other sections. I mean we can all see sections like United/bayern/Inter barely get posts in them. At best there are 50 in a season. But we also know those sections have posters who do posts there sometimes. It's a dilemma.

You need to ask this with the (existing) Bayern/United and Inter fans themselves

It's not like there's going to be a sudden influx of Bayern fans or United fans anyway

Don't you find the hub already too big to move it above the club sections ?

Maybe you can condense the hub too and make some changes there. The odds and ends can be merged with life and humor for example.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:57 pm

Yea nah don't move the hub above club sections.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:05 pm

Additional sections IMO that need to be removed:

Clean debate section

And maybe the RB section

Majority of our football talk happens in the GS anyway , even comparisons between players. Both sections are not serving the purpose for a while now. What do you think ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Again, I agree with you, S
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:44 pm

S wrote:Additional sections IMO that need to be removed:

Clean debate section

And maybe the RB section

Majority of our football talk happens in the GS anyway , even comparisons between players. Both sections are not serving the purpose for a while now. What do you think ?

I incline to agree. But the problem comes when people spam those type of threads. We rather keep the shitty threads away. Clean debate is definitely going.

Need to be convinced about RB section tho
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:44 pm

How does a dedicated thread about comparing players sound like?

A battle thread or something.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:03 pm

Not sure if it is possible but a better search function would be nice. A battle thread would seem great in theory but that can end up exactly like the RB section: underused. I like the idea though.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:08 pm

Delete the less active club sections and make one 'Other clubs' tab, give each of deleted clubs a stickied thread for the users to post in.

For example: "Official Inter Milan Thread", "Official FC Bayern Thread", removes clutter yet gives these clubs and users a home

Delete unique, everything else that's been said I agree with.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:30 pm

How can you say a section is more dead than another tbf ?
for example last post on Milan section is in April , yet I remember it was active. It depends on moments.
Generally I see these sections are less and less active though   , so I am favourable to a total restyling.
On Inter section I am the only one active Inter poster, Vibe writes about wrestling lol and I ' ve seen ZERO new Inter posters since I'm logged. Crying or Very sad  And it is almost as 5 years.  So I don't think something is going to change even after CL return . Never calling something as " Inter Milan " though , Luca pls . I admitt it is the most hateful thing to read in English for me . FC Inter or FC Internazionale.
Inter Milan = Nails dragging on chalkboard
really a bad habit by Anglophone ppl

Ah , not sure if it is possible but it'd be nice   tags to work.
We usually tag other users even if we know it doesn't work. Is it possible to get a notification for a tag ? IMO it'd be useful.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:02 pm

We need to migrate to Discord, its super Mobile friendly and its the direction all forums are heading, i'm sure more people will participate
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:18 pm

might as well have a GL whatsapp group chat then
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:24 pm

That would be better, but i doubt people would want to give away their private numbers, Discord is like Whatsapp but with the anonymity. It still retains the 'forum feel' with sub channels

I made a mock GL Discord a year go if you wanna see how it looks, https://discord.gg/p9EA3Q
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:27 pm

Nah, that's one idea i'll never get behind. A man gotta stick to his code.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:32 pm

Kaladin wrote:That would be better, but i doubt people would want to give away their private numbers, Discord is like Whatsapp but with the anonymity. It still retains the 'forum feel' with sub channels

I made a mock GL Discord a year go if you wanna see how it looks, https://discord.gg/p9EA3Q

There is Telegram for it. Telegram is whatsapp without private numbers

tbf I used Discord with some friends time ago and it was a sort of Skype  lol
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:05 am

Discord is more like Skype but you can't start threads to discuss certain topics. It would be like chat only then
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:13 am

Nah wtf, it's basically like chatting.

Chatting apps is for your family, friends, colleagues and your women.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:15 am

Yes I agree
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:18 am

I actually like the idea if you guys wanna game together lol. It’s basically Skype for gaming and I use it daily with my friends. But I think most are console gamers here and not PC
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:23 am

But why would you want to create threads when you can chat? Threads are cumbersome and a remnant of the old Internet, social interaction is more casual, you don't need a specific thread for talking about CL, just talk about CL, its very arduous trying to post in every thread, especially on mobile.

If it bothers you so, you can create subchannels for WC, CL, so on and so forth, its nothing like Skype i dont see how it hold any cross over apart from using VOIP, we are just using text-based channels, no one is in any chat rooms. Skype is like Whatsapp more than anything, and Whatsapp is a very rudimentary messaging app.

I don't know, these are just my 2 cents, as the Internet culture changes, so too must we.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:27 am

Because with threads you can pick and choose what you wanna discuss, and skip those you are not interested in. There is nothing outdated with the old forum system.

I think GL should use both, since they like chat so much and Discord is basically a improved chat.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:31 am

I don't think I can bump a David Ngog appreciation thread from 2009 on Discord just to remind people that he is still a legend. I can do that here Proud

Discord seems like GL revenge against RG for no chat during the majority of this world cup.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:43 am

I am on GL not only because it is a place where you can talk about football with good people, but also because it is a forum.
I like forums. An ephemeral chat with instantaneous messagges don't give same sensations. Internet culture is probably changed, but I don't want to change. Best Internet era is that of forums , and no social network who have produced a one-dimensional man not by chance
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:49 am

Discord isn’t a social network platform, it isn’t Instagram or Facebook, its communities for everything niche to everything big, you won’t see anyone posting C’est La Vie in the club with 2 girls. I don’t know why there’s such a negative connotation here with Discord.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next