titosantill
CBarca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Robespierre
Zagadka
34 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Club winning treble vs. Country winning WC?

Your Club winning Treble vs. Your Country winning WC Vote_lcap22%Your Club winning Treble vs. Your Country winning WC Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 7 ]
Your Club winning Treble vs. Your Country winning WC Vote_lcap78%Your Club winning Treble vs. Your Country winning WC Vote_rcap 78% 
[ 25 ]

Total Votes : 32

Your Club winning Treble vs. Your Country winning WC Empty Your Club winning Treble vs. Your Country winning WC

Post by Zagadka Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:43 pm

Would you rather your favourite club win the treble (league, cup, CL) or your country wins the World Cup?

And please don't answer: "my country sucks, so it isn't applicable"...this is a hypothetical question in which India/Zimbabwe/El Salvador/Tajikistan/etc all have a chance at winning the World Cup.

For me it's extremely straightforward, but I have seen in other places people choosing the club treble...was curious about the mood about it here.

Last edited by Zagadka on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Your Club winning Treble vs. Your Country winning WC Empty Re: Your Club winning Treble vs. Your Country winning WC

Post by Robespierre Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:00 pm

First of all I' ve seen both things as fan, and in a short time, in 2006 and 2010. What a time to be alive
Am I the the only one on GL in addition with HaplessHans and Futbol here? hmm

I think you can never see a collective madness as when your NT wins WC. Incredibile memories. Insanity for days in a row

Having said that.... Absoutely no doubts for me : my club winning treble .

But for me Inter >>>>>> Italy. I don't put NT at the same level of club.  it sounds as heretic, I suppose Laughing

Last edited by Robespierre on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:42 pm; edited 8 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Your Club winning Treble vs. Your Country winning WC Empty Re: Your Club winning Treble vs. Your Country winning WC

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:03 pm

I'd like just one trophy just one time tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:05 pm

Country winning the world cup, absolutely. Even though I care little for international football, the world cup is something else.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:20 pm

obviously country (sigh, all our goats played for netherlands), the world cup is also more difficult, even for good teams
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:30 pm

World Cup. The whole country is celebrating, every one I know is happy. Can't be compared.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:18 pm

Country, not even close.

Last edited by Nishankly on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:23 pm

WC
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:23 pm

if for u it's extremely straightforward

and for the other choice, it get a facepalm emote.

why do u even bother open poll

seem to me u just wasn't so sure bout your own choice and looking for more approval
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:27 pm

^ For me it's very straight forward, but I had seen in other place this has been debated.

As you can see so far in results, even on GL almost one third of people have chosen the club...so it's clearly not as straightforward for some people.

I'm curious to hear their reasons and kudos to Robes (what a beautiful man) for his response.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:29 pm

Practically speaking, my country will never win a World Cup or probably won't even qualify even after I'm dead    so I might have to go with the latter option
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:48 pm

I just want Sweden to win the world cup so IKEA offers discount on all their stuff. Need new furniture
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:50 pm

Zagadka wrote:^ For me it's very straight forward, but I had seen in other place this has been debated.

As you can see so far in results, even on GL almost one third of people have chosen the club...so it's clearly not as straightforward for some people.

I'm curious to hear their reasons and kudos to Robes (what a beautiful man) for his response.

it's neither for me, i enjoy football alot, i'd support real madrid and only them for around 2 decades, yet when it comes to deeper issue, i will still get a response 'are u even spanish' from some elitist. that's why i dont pour my whole heart on such thing.

sadly, not same but very similar situation happen on my national case. im living just fine but i could imagine there're more who live under much complicated political or social condition.

i tried to disregard those sentiment and the choice are actually much simple then, i would wish i could cry with tears of joy when my country won world cup one day.

back to this thread, if u need to belittle those who didn't make the same choice as your opinion, it's pretty shitty poll to me.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:58 pm

terrance511 wrote:
Zagadka wrote:^ For me it's very straight forward, but I had seen in other place this has been debated.

it's neither for me, i enjoy football alot, i'd support real madrid and only them for around 2 decades, yet when it comes to deeper issue, i will still get a response 'are u even spanish' from some elitist. that's why i dont pour my whole heart on such thing.

sadly, not same but very similar situation happen on my national case. im living just fine but i could imagine there're more who live under much complicated political or social condition.

i tried to disregard those sentiment and the choice are actually much simple then, i would wish i could cry with tears of joy when my country won world cup one day.

back to this thread, if u need to belittle those who didn't make the same choice as your opinion, it's pretty shitty poll to me.

I see, and thank you for your response. You're right. I got rid of the facepalm emoji. Appreciate it Smile

I myself am a dual citizen and have lived half my life away from homeland, but I couldn't give a single *bleep* about Canada. Only the homeland matters for me...hence the strong blood connection and love for the national team.

I don't know if you have another country background other than Spanish that you feel closer to the people and they don't act as elites and maybe not see you as one of them, but if it's somewhere different, would you care more if THAT (the one you feel more in touch and united with people of) country won the World Cup ahead of Spain? perhaps that'd make it more interesting.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:02 pm

I don't get the point by Terrance lol

Great thread to be fair,  I' m surprised no one never made it on GL.
Tbh I wanted to raise the question Club - NT time ago on GL , considering fanbase from the world etc, but  I didn't find the proper thread to express the concept .(especially if you must write it in English..)

For example , I believed that clubs would have won TBH (probably because everyone looks like "fanatic" for own club while we talk about NT just for WC ) but I am realizing to be inin the minority.

Weird,  also because my choice is convinced, really no contest for me

Curious to read other opinions though,, it is an interesting point .

Last edited by Robespierre on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:05 pm

Alot of people like Mole are from the same country as their club so I guess the difference is very minimal

But for me if lets say Sweden wins the whole town goes crazy, and that makes it more special.

Sure people went crazy when Madrid won too but literally EVERYONE will celebrate this here. It's different so for me WC.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:16 pm

At first i said "treble for Juve" because i don't feel patriotic towards my country, i mostly care for my province.

But then i remember Winter Olympics 2010 when we won the gold medal at home, how it felt we were all united behind the same cause... only sports can do that

If Juve wins the treble i'd be extremely happy but i could not celebrate LIVE in the Turin streets. On the other side, if my country wins the World Cup i'd take part of the festivities in my city. Which happens rarely nowadays. So definite answer: country wins the World Cup !!!
FORZA CANADA
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:54 pm

Definitely country, no question. For all the low quality of international football and international tournaments nowadays, there's still nothing more special than the World Cup. It's the first way I was exposed to football as I'm sure it was for some of you as well, and it's always has a special place in my heart.

Club winning the treble would be fantastic, but you can't compare that to the sheer delirium of winning a World Cup. Like I was actually telling a friend of mine before the World Cup started, if I was to rate my life out of 100 my country winning the World Cup would bring it up by like 3 or 4 points
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:56 pm

I'd pick a World Cup win for Denmark over anything in my life probably let alone a Madrid treble.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:11 pm

I watched my favorite club lift the CL three times in a row and 4 in 5 years - a record that shall never be broken and is vastly superior to winning the treble. And To this day, I still haven't absorbed it yet.

But, I think watching your country win the WC is an even greater achievement. Nothing compares to that.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:27 pm

As an Italy and Inter fan I can tell you that winning the World Cup in 1982 was the biggest thing for me in football, winning it in 2006 was less exciting but probably due to the fact that I was in Spain for the 1982 WC and Inter's winning the CL is in third place and was more exciting than winning the treble actually.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:32 pm

I would sacrifice Real Madrid, GL minus Hans and Hala and this delicious burger I made if TT can win the World Cup.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:42 pm

By sacrifice, I mean dropping all you guys in a volcano and using your souls to quench the Football Gods' thirst for banter.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:51 pm

Doc wrote:By sacrifice, I mean dropping all you guys in a volcano and using your souls to quench the Football Gods' thirst for banter.

Don’t mind this as long as the Brexit boys are coming with me.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:53 pm

Doc wrote:By sacrifice, I mean dropping all you guys in a volcano and using your souls to quench the Football Gods' thirst for banter.

As if the football gods will consider that enough of a sacrifice tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next