Hapless_Hans
55 posters

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Julen Numptegui Suicide Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Julen Numptegui Suicide Watch

Post by rincon Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:33 pm

There seems to be some confusion.

Its actually like this:

So Lopetegui basically said "*bleep* sporting reasons, and people are ok with it?

Sack Lopetegui in my opinion

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:35 pm

rincon wrote:There seems to be some confusion.

Its actually like this:

So Lopetegui basically said "*bleep* sporting reasons, and people are ok with it?

He isn't the first coach doing this? Spanish FA going full retard is the first though
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:42 pm

Which other big team coach has done it this way? I actually don't know. Van Gaal's situation was not like this at all.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:52 pm

guest7 wrote:

Its actually like this:

So Lopetegui basically said "*bleep* sporting reasons,  and people are ok with it?

He isn't the first coach doing this? Spanish FA going full retard is the first though

So let's get this straight.

Real poach the NT coach, one week after he signed a contract extension, in midst of the two week WC preparation period.

They negotiate with him without letting the Spanish FA know, while he's supposed to be, well, preparing the WC.

They announce this unilaterally, 3 days before the NT's first game, notifying the FA five minutes beforehand.

And now it's claimed he told some players, but not all?

And there are people saying the FA is overreacting? Laughing

This monumental cluster *bleep* will quite obviously not end well for Lopetegui at Real.

The Sack Watch can remain in place.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:54 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
guest7 wrote:

Its actually like this:

So Lopetegui basically said "*bleep* sporting reasons,  and people are ok with it?

Real poach the NT coach, one week after he signed a contract extension, in midst of the two week WC preparation period.

They negotiate with him without letting the Spanish FA know, while he's supposed to be, well, preparing the WC.

They announce this unilaterally, 3 days before the NT's first game, notifying the FA five minutes beforehand.

This monumental cluster *bleep* will quite obviously not end well for Lopetegui at Real.

Rename it double sack watch
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:56 pm

The FA overreacted, no doubt. All they had to do was not do anything and this situation would’ve been fine for their own good.

How can this positively affect the Spanish squad (full of Real Madrid players) considering that they’ve been preparing for this World Cup with this man for 2 years? It just can’t, they shot themselves in the foot because of pride.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:04 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:The FA overreacted, no doubt. All they had to do was not do anything and this situation would’ve been fine for their own good.

How can this positively affect the Spanish squad (full of Real Madrid players) considering that they’ve been preparing for this World Cup with this man for 2 years? It just can’t, they shot themselves in the foot because of pride.

Perfectly summed up. Lopetegui is still a professional, it is not like he would have called in sick to have private dinners with Perez instead of match preparation for the flipping World Cup.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:11 pm

Still, I don't see Lopetegui being blameless in this. Maybe he should've acted with more transparency with the Spanish FA with his intentions to join Real and that he was currently negotiating with them behind the scenes. Obviously, the FA did not appreciate how any of this went down.

While I do agree changing their manager right now is madness for their chances, I do commend them for such a move. I am reminded of Italy with Ventura in his last several months. We were spineless and let him drive us to the lowest point before removing him. This move with Cucklen, is the reverse Ventura. I don't find it an extremely unjust move, just poor timing from everyone in this. Zidane's fault.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:17 pm

Correct decision

He signed a new contract 3 weeks ago to coach Spain till 2020 then only told Spanish FA about it less than an hour before the announcement and it was announced by Madrid right before the wc.

Embarrassing by both Madrid and Lopetegui but I noone should be surprised.

Lol at people saying it wasn't right he was sacked. This is a breach of ethics nd a conflict of interest. Will the Madrid players get favourable treatment? Will he disrupt the other players etc

He brought it on himself. Now imagine if he doesn't even last a full season at Madrid.

Last edited by jibers on Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:20 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
guest7 wrote:

Its actually like this:

Someone has to have a bit of integrity, Madrid don't through theor history, their players and president, lopetegui has and nd history of bs like this with Wolves issue.

Spot on decision
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:23 pm

No one had an issue with Lopetegui‘s move, not the players, not the fans, until the Spanish FA decided to throw a fit.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:28 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:No one had an issue with Lopetegui‘s move, not the players, not the fans, until the Spanish FA decided to throw a fit.

Luckily for them the players don't run the FA.

Imagine you had a company and your Manager just signed a new contract and then a few days later you see it in the newspaper that he has agreed to leave for another company and you just found out 5 minuted before.

It's another question of integrity. Not sure why it's haRd to understand

Hans already broke it down well.

Unbelievable.

The new Head of SFA has hopefully set a precedence here that he won't deal with BS. Can't be going behind people's back like that
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:30 pm

I don't agree with it at all. I'd hate it as a Spaniard. Seems like a pride move that is only going to hurt their chances.

Would've kept him on. Doubt the players mind too much.

Could've been handled better, but I don't know if I'd say the contract should mean he'd stay on. That's what the release clause if for. It's in the contract to give the coach an option if a better offer comes along.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:38 pm

jibers wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:No one had an issue with Lopetegui‘s move, not the players, not the fans, until the Spanish FA decided to throw a fit.

Imagine you had a company and your Manager just signed a new contract and then a few days later you see it in the newspaper that he has agreed to leave for another company and you just found out 5 minuted before.

Unbelievable.

The new Head of SFA has hopefully set a precedence here that he won't deal with BS. Can't be going behind people's back like that

If I offer my manager a contract that includes a release clause then I fully understand that the manager can leave whenever he wants if a new company offers to pay it. The Spanish FA president either doesn‘t understand what a release clause is or he is just pissed. I‘m sure he is not dumb so this must be a personal/prideful decision rather than a logical one.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:40 pm

Ultimately, this is a PR move for that bald cuck Rubiales, he could have swept this under the rug but instead added gasoline to the fire and made things even more uncertain for Spanish NT. Hope Spain NT burn in hell now as i will laugh plenty.

Madrid vs the world, love it.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:47 pm

Who told you the fans had no issue with this? from the moment it was announced that he signed for Madrid all spanish sites/media were full of arguments about firing him or not.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:49 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
jibers wrote:

Unbelievable.

If I offer my manager a contract that includes a release clause then I fully understand that the manager can leave whenever he wants if a new company offers to pay it. The Spanish FA president either doesn‘t understand what a release clause is or he is just pissed. I‘m sure he is not dumb so this must be a personal/prideful decision rather than a logical one.

What happened to ethics and respect? this wasn't done in august or november. It was done 2 days before the start of the world cup, AND in the worst possible way.

This is obviously a fireable offense. I understand wanting to sweep it under the rug, but I don't understand this whole shitting on the FA president. The person who caused this and put him in this position, blindly, was Lopetegui. With him, and with Madrid is where the blame lies.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:54 pm

What would be worst for the players really. Their coach saying before tournament he's leaving, and the players knowing the situation. Or the fact that it gets leaked without him telling and joining after a unsuccessful campaign?

No way this wouldn't get leaked. And no way Lopetegui would decline his dream job.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:04 pm

All he needed to do was not extend 1-2 weeks before negotiating with Madrid.

After screwing that up, all he needed to do was communicate everything to RFEF as it was happening.

Failing that again, all he needed to do was not announce it right before the tournament without the consent of the RFEF.

Literally they took the worst path in doing this.

rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:04 pm

rincon wrote:

Who told you the fans had no issue with this? from the moment it was announced that he signed for Madrid all spanish sites/media were full of arguments about firing him or not.

It was a small minority that talked about this move potentially destabilizing the Spanish NT but there was no outcry about SACKING him just days before the World Cup starts. No one would’ve minded Lopetegui managing in the World Cup if the Spanish FA supported him.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Freeza wrote:What would be worst for the players really. Their coach saying before tournament he's leaving, and the players knowing the situation. Or the fact that it gets leaked without him telling and joining after a unsuccessful campaign?

No way this wouldn't get leaked. And no way Lopetegui would decline his dream job.

So that it could've been leaked yet remain unconfirmed by both Real and Lopetegui, it's better that it was announced by both Real and Lopetegui?

Lopetegui and Real Madrid acted like a vegan at a barbecue, couldn't hold it together for 5 minutes without letting everyone know. The Spanish FA seemingly did not appreciate this gesture, so much so that they questioned his commitment to his current posting and let him go.

Allow it

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:07 pm

Obviously none of the current players will say anything, but I would think many share xavis comments: "Lopetegui's decision is untimely, precipitated and unexpected. It has been a surprise to all of us, but Rubiales has acted well. It has looked out for the Federation, that must always be above individual names."
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:07 pm

rincon wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
jibers wrote:

Unbelievable.

What happened to ethics and respect? this wasn't done in august or november. It was done 2 days before the start of the world cup, AND in the worst possible way.

This is obviously a fireable offense. I understand wanting to sweep it under the rug, but I don't understand this whole shitting on the FA president. The person who caused this and put him in this position, blindly, was Lopetegui. With him, and with Madrid is where the blame lies.

Ethical? What? It’s not like HE decided to quit right before the World Cup and therefore screwing over the Spanish NT. The only thing he announced was that he was going to quit AFTER the World Cup ends. It’s not unethical, Conte has done it before, van Gaal has done it before. It was not a big deal until that dumbass decided to make it a big deal.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:08 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
rincon wrote:

It was a small minority that talked about this move potentially destabilizing the Spanish NT but there was no outcry about SACKING him just days before the World Cup starts. No one would’ve minded Lopetegui managing in the World Cup if the Spanish FA supported him.

Mate, he announced he was joining Real yesterday and got sacked today.... sometimes destabilization takes a bit to materialize

The FA fired him within 24 hours, they obviously didn't like the move. That's about as quick of a turnaround as you can ask for

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:10 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Obviously none of the current players will say anything, but I would think many share xavis comments: "Lopetegui's decision is untimely, precipitated and unexpected. It has been a surprise to all of us, but Rubiales has acted well. It has looked out for the Federation, that must always be above individual names."

Xavi doesn’t play for the national team anymore so he is not as invested as the players are right now. I’m sure the last thing the players wanted just before the World Cup was to see Lopetegui sacked.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:12 pm

Luca wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
rincon wrote:

Mate, he announced he was joining Real yesterday and got sacked today.... sometimes destabilization takes a bit to materialize

The FA fired him within 24 hours, they obviously didn't like the move. That's about as quick of a turnaround as you can ask for

You mean destabilizing like the president has just done right now? Because that’s the only thing he has achieved with this decision.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next