55 posters

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Julen Numptegui Suicide Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Julen Numptegui Suicide Watch

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:12 pm

Luca wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
rincon wrote:

Who told you the fans had no issue with this? from the moment it was announced that he signed for Madrid all spanish sites/media were full of arguments about firing him or not.

It was a small minority that talked about this move potentially destabilizing the Spanish NT but there was no outcry about SACKING him just days before the World Cup starts. No one would’ve minded Lopetegui managing in the World Cup if the Spanish FA supported him.

Mate, he announced he was joining Real yesterday and got sacked today.... sometimes destabilization takes a bit to materialize

The FA fired him within 24 hours, they obviously didn't like the move. That's about as quick of a turnaround as you can ask for

You mean destabilizing like the president has just done right now? Because that’s the only thing he has achieved with this decision.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:13 pm

I can't imagine they're exactly pleased that while they were being asked to fully commit to training for the world cup their coach had his attention divided on the Real Madrid negotiations, either.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:16 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I can't imagine they're exactly pleased that while they were being asked to fully commit to training for the world cup their coach had his attention divided on the Real Madrid negotiations, either.

The deal literally got done in like an hour on his part though, at least if reports are to be believed. Hardly a distraction.

Real were moving too fast for there to really be any distraction, and he didn't have the time to think it over that a lot people are saying he should've done.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:17 pm

Soap opera was made out of this by antimadridistas and crazed spanish media which act as script writers for telenovelas, and Rubiales pretty much makes it clear in the press conference that he was forced to do this to save face in front of said factions. That's the bottom line. Spain NT wasn't going to suffer from this on the pitch which is what matters, give me a break. Laughing
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:19 pm

I agree, it's more destabilizing for Spain to remove their manager than to keep a manager who will leave them after a tournament

I'm just saying, you can't say that no one had a big problem with him announcing the Real job. It happened yesterday and he was fired today because of it. Clearly, the only people who mattered- the FA, did mind it and they minded it so much that they fired him, as you've mentioned it, days before the World Cup. When I say they are the only ones who matter, I mean it as they have the power to fire him and thus, should be treated as the power players that they are in this context.

I think everyone has their hands dirty in this one

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:22 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I can't imagine they're exactly pleased that while they were being asked to fully commit to training for the world cup their coach had his attention divided on the Real Madrid negotiations, either.

That’s true but I’m not sure what the president has achieved with this decision other than showing his big balls. He has made things worse than they had to be.

I’m just looking at this from the perspective of a Spanish guy who is not interested in Barcelona/Real Madrid politics (because that’s what it really is) and just wanted to have the best chance at winning the World Cup. What Lopetegui did maybe unsettled the team a little bit but the president just ruined any chance of success for the NT he represents.

If this was the DFB, Bayern and Jogi Löw, I would be fuming at the DFB for making this worse.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:27 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
rincon wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

If I offer my manager a contract that includes a release clause then I fully understand that the manager can leave whenever he wants if a new company offers to pay it. The Spanish FA president either doesn‘t understand what a release clause is or he is just pissed. I‘m sure he is not dumb so this must be a personal/prideful decision rather than a logical one.

What happened to ethics and respect? this wasn't done in august or november. It was done 2 days before the start of the world cup, AND in the worst possible way.

This is obviously a fireable offense. I understand wanting to sweep it under the rug, but I don't understand this whole shitting on the FA president. The person who caused this and put him in this position, blindly, was Lopetegui. With him, and with Madrid is where the blame lies.

Ethical? What? It’s not like HE decided to quit right before the World Cup and therefore screwing over the Spanish NT. The only thing he announced was that he was going to quit AFTER the World Cup ends. It’s not unethical, Conte has done it before, van Gaal has done it before. It was not a big deal until that dumbass decided to make it a big deal.

Yes ethics. He was hired to lead Spain to the world cup. This is the biggest job in his country. It's on him to do everything in his power to keep focus and win.

He is breaking this trust with this move. He signed a contract 3 weeks ago ffs. And within 3 weeks he negotiates with a club, signs, and makes it public he will quit. This done at the worst time possible. At the time that it will affect his work the most. The very fact that here we are discussing it is proof of how bad he did it. It only took 1 day for him to get fired. That's how much his actions have affected his employer and his people.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:32 pm

Breaking their trust? Really? As if they’d not fire him if he underperformed. There’s really no such thing as honouring trust in regards to contract length etc. In pro sport
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:35 pm

rincon wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
rincon wrote:

What happened to ethics and respect? this wasn't done in august or november. It was done 2 days before the start of the world cup, AND in the worst possible way.

This is obviously a fireable offense. I understand wanting to sweep it under the rug, but I don't understand this whole shitting on the FA president. The person who caused this and put him in this position, blindly, was Lopetegui. With him, and with Madrid is where the blame lies.

Ethical? What? It’s not like HE decided to quit right before the World Cup and therefore screwing over the Spanish NT. The only thing he announced was that he was going to quit AFTER the World Cup ends. It’s not unethical, Conte has done it before, van Gaal has done it before. It was not a big deal until that dumbass decided to make it a big deal.

Yes ethics. He was hired to lead Spain to the world cup. This is the biggest job in his country. It's on him to do everything in his power to keep focus and win.

He is breaking this trust with this move. He signed a contract 3 weeks ago ffs. And within 3 weeks he negotiates with a club, signs, and makes it public he will quit. This done at the worst time possible. At the time that it will affect his work the most. The very fact that here we are discussing it is proof of how bad he did it. It only took 1 day for him to get fired. That's how much his actions have affected his employer and his people.

It’s not a break of trust because the new contract had a release clause which the president himself agreed to put on.

It really doesn’t matter how offended and mad his employer got because some people get offended even when they are clearly wrong.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:41 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
rincon wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

It’s not a break of trust because the new contract had a release clause which the president himself agreed to put on.

It really doesn’t matter how offended and mad his employer got because some people get offended even when they are clearly wrong.

The FA being offended is why he was fired though. Right or wrong is the thing that doesn't really matter here, it can be viewed from either side. We must not pretend that every single decision made is one of logic, this is one of emotion and politics. It is usually smart practice not to piss off your boss, even more so, not to piss him off before the biggest project of your career

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:42 pm

Luca wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
rincon wrote:

The FA being offended is why he was fired though. Right or wrong is the thing that doesn't really matter here, it can be viewed from either side. We must not pretend that every single decision made is one of logic, this is one of emotion and politics. It is usually smart practice not to piss off your boss, even more so, not to piss him off before the biggest project of your career

Completely agree.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:47 pm

Luca wrote:Great thread @hans

Can't see Cucklen Numptegui making it to Christmas, what a time to be alive

What a pathetic chain of events and what a bunch of losers from start to end!!! All this happening with the national team I support. I have been irritated since the start of these events but today I got a complete shock.

Let's look at how the three key losers in this saga stand now :-

Julen Lopetegui - Coached a team for two years and took them to the status of at least fourth favorite at the start of the world cup. Then did not even get to experience the real fruit of his efforts. Spoiled your good name, or at least lack of bad name, from which now only supreme success can save him. Getting sacked within six months by Real Madrid would be expected by a majority of football fans. If that happens how much of a chance will he have to build his career? Maybe only a less fancied club, possibly second tier.

Real Madrid - Spain is a divided country but here we have the country's most famous and aristocratic club which has always championed the cause of the national team, almost like they are the principal flag bearers. Now they have proved to the world that their actions are a complete antithesis of their words. Next time anyone from Madrid says something about standing up for the national team, chances are people will laugh in his face. All this for what??? Sir Alex Ferguson? Rinus Michels? Johann Cruyff? Ariggo Sacci? Vicente Del Bosque? Carlo Ancelotti? Pep Guardiola? No not even Jose Mourinho. Instead for a coach who's largely unproven at a high level and whose chances of failing in the Bernabeu hot seat are much higher than his chances of success. Morons, how could it have hurt you to appoint one of so many other available coaches and just left the Spanish national team alone??? Even I wasn't betting on Spain winning this world cup but at least they could have been allowed to put their best foot forward but alas.

RFEF - Football fans around the world argue bitterly about so many things but we are unanimous on one aspect. We all hate or rather totally detest the administrators and incidents like this only illustrate why all the more resoundingly. So Lopetegui stabbed you in the back. So he behaved unethically. So he hurt your massive ego. However at this point in time your biggest concern should have been the well being of the national team. How can you sack a coach just when the world cup is about to start??? Being punished for hurting your massive ego is much more important than what the players need at the world cup!!! I really wish I could use the choicest of expletives for you but not allowed at this forum.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:03 pm

messixaviesta wrote:

Real Madrid - Spain is a divided country but here we have the country's most famous and aristocratic club which has always championed the cause of the national team, almost like they are the principal flag bearers. Now they have proved to the world that their actions are a complete antithesis of their words. Next time anyone from Madrid says something about standing up for the national team, chances are people will laugh in his face. All this for what??? Sir Alex Ferguson? Rinus Michels? Johann Cruyff? Ariggo Sacci? Vicente Del Bosque? Carlo Ancelotti? Pep Guardiola? No not even Jose Mourinho. Instead for a coach who's largely unproven at a high level and whose chances of failing in the Bernabeu hot seat are much higher than his chances of success. Morons, how could it have hurt you to appoint one of so many other available coaches and just left the Spanish national team alone??? Even I wasn't betting on Spain winning this world cup but at least they could have been allowed to put their best foot forward but alas.

We can see that this wasn't RM's intention. The deal was done over a week ago. The reason it was announced yesterday is because it was leaked- Instead of letting it run rampant, RM and Lopetegui sought to get ahead of the media and do damage control. Under the circumstances, I believe they made the right decision. If there was no leak, I think we can assume it would have been rightfully announced after the WC.

People are making too big of a deal about NT managers accepting positions for club jobs. Would Lopetegui or any NT manager slacked off or wanted it any less if they had a different job at the end of the WC? No, obviously. Is anyone arguing that NT managers are completely untouchable in a WC year? RM have a right, just as any team, to fill vacant positions, IMO.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:11 pm

BusterLfc wrote:Serbians: We are the worst, we're the only ones to sack a coach who qualifies for the world cup

2 months later

Spain: hold my beer

Thumbs up

This is the example I was looking for. Spain are now officially the most moronic team at WC 2018. Beyond sad to say this about my favorite national team. Sad

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:16 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Rubiales is a melt. Madrid > Spain. 1st round exit

Would have been a first or 2nd round anyway tbh, they are massively overrated on this forum.

People for some reason just conveniently forget they've been crap the last two tournaments.

Which team should be rated at this tournament that you don't think is overrated?

Brazil? Perhaps yes

Germany? Playing badly in friendlies and there is the Erdogan controversy. Still they are Germany. So I'll accept this.

France? A collection of very talented individuals. Still not a team but let me take this as well.

Argentina? All about a one man show. Let's hope for a Maradona 86.

Who else???

Fine if Spain is overrated but which team can you realistically place at 4th and 5th and then not call overrated???

Don't even start me on England who I think are sheer junk that have basically brought a lot of defenders to try to save their sorry asses somehow.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:24 pm

S wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Rubiales is a melt. Madrid > Spain. 1st round exit

Would have been a first or 2nd round anyway tbh, they are massively overrated on this forum.

People for some reason just conveniently forget they've been crap the last two tournaments.

Have to agree but i feel this 'drama' before the world cup may just somehow push them to perform better, you never know tbh

I wish, really truly wish, that were true but no. For two years the team has worked with a strategy. Now when the game is not going well, who will they rely on to make the necessary tactical changes compatible with what they are used to? As far as I know even the assistant coach will not be there.

This is sheer madness. The best solution right now may have been to appoint a player manager. At least he would have closely seen what was done for the last two years.

We cannot compare this to the Calciopoli type of motivation. There they had their coach and he could rally them together on what they had gone through all those months and years. In contrast Spain is just so directionless at the moment. As director Hierro would have hardly seen any of what happened on the pitch closely. This really is a hopeless situation.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:27 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:The FA overreacted, no doubt. All they had to do was not do anything and this situation would’ve been fine for their own good.

How can this positively affect the Spanish squad (full of Real Madrid players) considering that they’ve been preparing for this World Cup with this man for 2 years? It just can’t, they shot themselves in the foot because of pride.

I completely agree. As bad as the situation had become, it was at least salvageable. However the RFEF just had to go and make it hopeless. Feel like strangling that president now.

I should be completing my office work now but I am so mad that I have come to the forum mainly to take out my frustration. :brickwall:

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:30 pm

In all fairness though, I am sure the remaining coaching staff would continue with whatever Julen had running so Spain would be playing, more or less, the same way with the same tactics. Not like Julen was doing anything ground breaking or had a "plan B". Their chances of winning, to me, remain the same: hopeful.

As for this clusterfudge, for a country that struggles to agree to lyrics for a National Anthem, I am honestly surprised by this. I get brother Rincon's stance about ethics and yes, this entire situation could have been handled way better in an ideal world, so yeah, I agree to that. Since Spain is as flawed as any nation out here, both parties decided to take the initiative and announce it before it spread like a virus, to which, the Spanish media would have liked nothing better.

What I really did not expect was the Spanish FA to fire him. This has nothing to do with ethics, it's pride. The new Spanish FA President wanted to show "the world" that he is the man in charge and decided to do the worst possible scenario. This benefits no one, not the FA, not the team, not Julen and not Madrid.

I doubt, seriously doubt, that if this situation took place with the French, Italian, German, English, Dutch FA, their respective managers were not gonna get fired a day before the competition. But then again, this is a FA that hires refs that can't call offsides or fouls properly so, it really turns out to be not surprising when I think about it.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:30 pm

Luca wrote:Still, I don't see Lopetegui being blameless in this. Maybe he should've acted with more transparency with the Spanish FA with his intentions to join Real and that he was currently negotiating with them behind the scenes. Obviously, the FA did not appreciate how any of this went down.

While I do agree changing their manager right now is madness for their chances, I do commend them for such a move. I am reminded of Italy with Ventura in his last several months. We were spineless and let him drive us to the lowest point before removing him. This move with Cucklen, is the reverse Ventura. I don't find it an extremely unjust move, just poor timing from everyone in this. Zidane's fault.

Not removing a coach when things have clearly gotten hopeless is no doubt stupid. Just ask France 2008-2010.

That however does not mean that sacking a coach just before a world cup is starting is not moronic.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:32 pm

jibers wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:No one had an issue with Lopetegui‘s move, not the players, not the fans, until the Spanish FA decided to throw a fit.

Luckily for them the players don't run the FA.

Imagine you had a company and your Manager just signed a new contract and then a few days later you see it in the newspaper that he has agreed to leave for another company and you just found out 5 minuted before.

It's another question of integrity. Not sure why it's haRd to understand

Hans already broke it down well.

Unbelievable.

The new Head of SFA has hopefully set a precedence here that he won't deal with BS. Can't be going behind people's back like that

Setting a precedent at the expense of the prospects of your national team??? No way can I support that.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:35 pm

Freeza wrote:What would be worst for the players really. Their coach saying before tournament he's leaving, and the players knowing the situation. Or the fact that it gets leaked without him telling and joining after a unsuccessful campaign?

No way this wouldn't get leaked. And no way Lopetegui would decline his dream job.

Very good points. I also thought that if this had happened it was best to announce it publicly. Keeping it under wraps could only make things worse. The media has the scent of a hound nowadays. No way would it not have been out. That however does not mean that what both Lopetegui and Madrid did isn't stupid and unethical because it is. Still may be what the RFEF did after that is the most moronic of all.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:36 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
Luca wrote:Still, I don't see Lopetegui being blameless in this. Maybe he should've acted with more transparency with the Spanish FA with his intentions to join Real and that he was currently negotiating with them behind the scenes. Obviously, the FA did not appreciate how any of this went down.

While I do agree changing their manager right now is madness for their chances, I do commend them for such a move. I am reminded of Italy with Ventura in his last several months. We were spineless and let him drive us to the lowest point before removing him. This move with Cucklen, is the reverse Ventura. I don't find it an extremely unjust move, just poor timing from everyone in this. Zidane's fault.

Not removing a coach when things have clearly gotten hopeless is no doubt stupid. Just ask France 2008-2010.

That however does not mean that sacking a coach just before a world cup is starting is not moronic.

I agree. It's another extremity but just on the opposite end of the spectrum. Let's sack Lopetegui because he may cause unrest, or may not be focused or may not care, when really it's let's sack him because he pissed us off

However, Spain is still a talented team so I'll wait to see how this plays out

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:39 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:No one had an issue with Lopetegui‘s move, not the players, not the fans, until the Spanish FA decided to throw a fit.

Obviously none of the current players will say anything, but I would think many share xavis comments: "Lopetegui's decision is untimely, precipitated and unexpected. It has been a surprise to all of us, but Rubiales has acted well. It has looked out for the Federation, that must always be above individual names."

Xavi said that? Then I cannot argue any more. Surely the maestro knows much more than poor me. However the last sentence does not make complete sense. The federation should be above individual names certainly but should it be above the best interests of the team and the players at a world cup? Maybe, just maybe, Xavi is saying this to present the current situation as favorable while his private thoughts may be very different.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:42 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:

That’s true but I’m not sure what the president has achieved with this decision other than showing his big balls. He has made things worse than they had to be.

I’m just looking at this from the perspective of a Spanish guy who is not interested in Barcelona/Real Madrid politics (because that’s what it really is) and just wanted to have the best chance at winning the World Cup. What Lopetegui did maybe unsettled the team a little bit but the president just ruined any chance of success for the NT he represents.

If this was the DFB, Bayern and Jogi Löw, I would be fuming at the DFB for making this worse.

100% on the money. Thumbs up

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:47 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:

We can see that this wasn't RM's intention. The deal was done over a week ago. The reason it was announced yesterday is because it was leaked- Instead of letting it run rampant, RM and Lopetegui sought to get ahead of the media and do damage control. Under the circumstances, I believe they made the right decision. If there was no leak, I think we can assume it would have been rightfully announced after the WC.

People are making too big of a deal about NT managers accepting positions for club jobs. Would Lopetegui or any NT manager slacked off or wanted it any less if they had a different job at the end of the WC? No, obviously. Is anyone arguing that NT managers are completely untouchable in a WC year? RM have a right, just as any team, to fill vacant positions, IMO.

I am not saying he had no right to try for or accept the Real Madrid job. Everybody has to look after their interests. However they should have shown more maturity about what can happen in such situations. They had to take the RFEF into confidence. They should have completed this deal as far before the start of the world cup as possible and informed the RFEF immediately. So I do think both Real Madrid and Lopetegui acted stupidly and rashly. Having said that I could still live with all that. What's sent me over the edge is what the RFEF has done. They have just made this a massive ego battle without applying any good sense.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:52 pm

Luca wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:

I agree. It's another extremity but just on the opposite end of the spectrum. Let's sack Lopetegui because he may cause unrest, or may not be focused or may not care, when really it's let's sack him because he pissed us off

However, Spain is still a talented team so I'll wait to see how this plays out

Come on he wouldn't cause unrest. Which man on earth would himself like to throw away two years of his effort especially when the prospects weren't looking all that bad? Even the focus part I don't completely buy. All three parties could have sat together and agreed that what happened is unfortunate but let's act in the best interests of the team. Lopetegui doesn't even get to say Madrid while Spain remains in the world cup. The players would have certainly preferred it that way and they are the ones who matter the most here. What the RFEF has done is taken the situation beyond repair. Until then there was a hope at least.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next