farfan
Perucho21
Hapless_Hans
S
27 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Sergej's next destination ?

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Transfer Speculation  - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Transfer Speculation  - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Transfer Speculation  - Page 4 Vote_lcap13%Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Transfer Speculation  - Page 4 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Transfer Speculation  - Page 4 Vote_lcap38%Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Transfer Speculation  - Page 4 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 6 ]
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Transfer Speculation  - Page 4 Vote_lcap6%Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Transfer Speculation  - Page 4 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Transfer Speculation  - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Transfer Speculation  - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Transfer Speculation  - Page 4 Vote_lcap43%Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Transfer Speculation  - Page 4 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 16

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Transfer Speculation  - Page 4 Empty Re: Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Transfer Speculation

Post by Luca Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:21 pm

Freeza wrote:What happened in those 30 minutes?

FFP @Milan

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Transfer Speculation  - Page 4 B57

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Transfer Speculation  - Page 4 Empty Re: Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Transfer Speculation

Post by Robespierre Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:25 pm

Baiowho

Today GianGOAT Di Marzio returns from holidays, so if there is something he'll say it :coffee:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:28 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Doc wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

#FirstWorldProblems

I mean, a bit ironic you wrote that while I'm here and you're there lol

The irony was not lost on me

Anyway, I trust our Serie A contingent enough to 100% be sure that Sergej is way better than Kovacic whom you had no trouble supporting

Ofcourse he is

Dont think Madrid will remotely be even interested in dropping 100M on him though

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:33 pm

S wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Doc wrote:
I mean, a bit ironic you wrote that while I'm here and you're there lol

The irony was not lost on me

Anyway, I trust our Serie A contingent enough to 100% be sure that Sergej is way better than Kovacic whom you had no trouble supporting

Ofcourse he is

Dont think Madrid will remotely be even interested in dropping 100M on him though

Agreed. Too old and not Braziliany enough
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:36 pm

I've seen Kova give good performances against Barcelona and PSG. When Savic does something similar, I'll jump on the bandwagon. Till then, #notmymidfielder
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:41 pm

That's a terrible criteria for a player that is on Lazio

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:43 pm

That's why you have to wait and rate players when they perform
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:50 pm

I've got no problems rating Sergej, he's an objectively, immense talent

But he's severely overpriced and as such overhyped at the same time because of Loltito

I can have both, right? He's not a 100M player but he's definitely very good

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:56 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:That's why you have to wait and rate players when they perform

We don't have to do anything imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:57 pm

Kovacic has been consistently on the fringes for both club and country and was initially a very inconsistent player when Madrid bought him from Inter.

His body of work was like 10x worse than SMS now who has established himself as one of the best CM's in the league.

Atleast you could write that he's too overpriced for your liking(which is probably not your concern) than writing nonsense like 'SMS dint give that one odd performance like Kovacic did against the likes of Barcelona yet so he's not my type'.

Last edited by S on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:00 pm

So is he joining Milan or not ?

You guys got me at the edge of my seat today, i was reading this thread while making my deliveries, last he read Milan made "a huge offer"... where those funds come from ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:02 pm

The contexts in which they both play aren't the same. I can also argue Kovacic never had the run and freedom clubs like Lazio can afford to give a guy like SMS.

He joined Inter young and the season he was about to make a leap we signed him. But even in that difficult context he showed his level against the best teams in the world. Performances like his won us trophies like the CL I think it says just as much about how good he is compared to SMS whom I saw struggle vs Juventus last year
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:03 pm

Doc wrote:I've seen Kova give good performances against Barcelona and PSG. When Savic does something similar, I'll jump on the bandwagon. Till then, #notmymidfielder

rofl

Kovacic does nothing on the field 90% of the time. Sturaro was a beast against Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, does that make him superior to SERGEJ ? Hell nah

SERGEJ got the talent of Kovacic in each of his toes.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:20 pm

Look i think this numpty Sergej is a very good talent but you guys are selling us his potential more so than his abilities today
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:26 pm

I really wont claim to have watched much of Inter of previous seasons but as far as i know, he was a regular feature under Mancini. I guess you could make an argument about Mancini not being the ideal coach to exploit his 'talent' and give him the freedom.  He was used in multiple positions, showed glimpses of his talent which prompted clubs like Madrid to sign him. And that's basically it. He's shown flashes of his talent but never truly reached a consistent level yet, be it Inter or at Madrid.

I cant believe you can be this inconsistent in judging players. If performing at a 'difficult level' against big teams is your metric, then Morata's been there and done that for us. And the guy struggles to hold down a starting spot everywhere he goes. Yet you choose to cast away a whole season of good performances from SMS and judge based on that one game against Juventus. By the way, he was excellent in the home leg against us where Lazio went on to defeat us. When SMS eventually moves on to a big team, his level is naturally expected to improve because he'll play against better teams with better players around him.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:30 pm

He had a shit World Cup and when I watched him towards the end of the season a handful of times he was bang average in all of them, now, of course this doesn't discredit having a good season. But we're hardly talking about an established world class talent here. He's coming up 24 so not even entering his prime but I guess we'll see what he's made of this season. Needs to have a big one IMO to get a move next summer.

That said, Kovacic hype is hella unwarranted too, Madrid fans acting like they've had a hidden monster on their bench for years, now granted he had legit monsters ahead of him so it was hard to showcase it but he's hardly lit the world alight when given chances.

Quite interesting actually as Kovacic isn't even a year older than SMS and both will, supposedly be starting this season. Both competing for teams that will be in the EL.

Maybe we can get a comparison thread going for the season hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:32 pm

I agree @Warrior overhypes him too much but some of the posts by you numpties really agitate me and forces me to defend him

Milinkovic-Savic for the right price would be a very good signing for Madrid or for any club that badly needs a midfielder of his profile.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:33 pm

I am not inconsistent at all, i am not calling Kovacic a world class player. My argument is, despite not holding consistent game time, Kovacic has proven he is a world class talent. His performances against the best teams in the world proves that to me.

I rate Mediocre Savic, i did not say he is a bad player, you dont score 19 or so goals from midfield as a fluke. I saw him terrorize Inter in that finale last year, and his first world cup game was very good for example.

I simply think we are talking about the same level of talents, guys who ultimately have not shown enough and rank at the same tier.

Morata however, was in the same situation, but unlike these guys, he was given his shot in an elite club and he flopped. I dont i ever called morata an elite player. He did what he was supposed to do to get a shot and he sucked. maybe Sarri will save his career.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:35 pm

S wrote:I agree @Warrior overhypes him too much but some of the posts by you numpties really agitate me and forces me to defend him

Milinkovic-Savic for the right price would be a very good signing for Madrid or for any club that badly needs a midfielder of his profile.
what is his profile actually? second striker?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:35 pm

Talking about 'his abilities today' and then rating Kovacic higher. Come on. What is this myth. Sergej's performances are so clearly better Kovacic's. There is a reason why Kovacic keeps getting sidelined everywhere. There is a reason why Sergej costs 3x as much as Kovacic did when he left the same league.

When Madrid signed Kovacic he was a talent that had failed to performed and was finding his feet. When Sergej leaves Lazio he will do as a star. The one that is always rated on potential is not the one the one plays every game 90 minutes but the one who can't get consistent starts for club or country.

It is obvious for everyone that watched a lot of Sergej that he is better. This doubt only exists on people who don't follow him.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:36 pm

Ya. That's a fair point, even the Juve/Serie A fans that rate SMS were laughing at the price Lotito was asking for. I think most of the downplaying of him stems from that price tag. If a top team paid 60m for him rn I don't think anyone would question it.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:37 pm

Maybe others but me i always talk of his current capacities, it's more than enough.

Only a few teams (i include Real Madrid) can brag about not needing a player like SERGEJ in their starting squad. What kills him is the price tag which is too high.

Potential is the reason why some clubs are still giving Kovacic a chance. But SERGEJ is actually proven, he was a pillar last season in Serie A, it's not like he dominated the serbian league with Partizan or such minor achievement.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:38 pm

@rincon, what are you talking about, there are 3 legit monsters in madrid midfield, that could bench virtually any player in europe. Who is competing for position at Lazio? are you serious?

the cost thing has been set by the market which is bonkers now compared to when we signed him, Lotito, and the precedent set by Pogba.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:43 pm

When Kovacic did slot into the lineup at Madrid, he got to play with legitimately 10 world class players around him, slightly easier to perform in any match than being the guy on a smaller team against a better one which is what Sergej faces against Juventus, Inter, Milan, Roma and Napoli which are all better teams than Lazio.

All I'm saying is if roles were reversed, you would be salivating over Sergej like you are for Kovacic, whom I do rate but bottom line is: context, it's very important.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:39 pm

S wrote:

Di Marzio said same thing now (:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:39 pm

Kovacic lol

Has anyone understood what is his proper role ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next