The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Page 43 of 43 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43

Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 43 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by RealGunner on Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:07 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:@RG
Spoiler:

Ending kinda ruined it for me. It was so happy (in contrast to the rest of the show) that I thought she must have OD'd at some point and this was all a fantasy, and it would cut to a scene of her in a hospital bed or something. They should've seriously dialed it back.
Other than that pretty good.

Started but abandoned Barbarians (poor man's Vikings) and I Hate Suzie (poor man's Fleabag). Might actually finish them because I feel like I've already watched every good show in a streaming platform.


Spoiler:


Yea found it a bit unbelievable how an addict can just get over addiction and pretend everything is fine. I guess they wanted the story done in season 1 with no cliff hangers.

What i didn't like was how she had to resort to asking for help against the Russian James Bond from some chumps she can beat in her sleep. Her asking "how do i beat him" was a bit of a character u-turn.


let's see where they go with S2.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Posts : 87535
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 43 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by McLewis on Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:42 pm

S4 of The Crown finished. The show has not lost a step. Riveting.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12232
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 43 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:33 pm

@RealGunner wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:@RG
Spoiler:

Ending kinda ruined it for me. It was so happy (in contrast to the rest of the show) that I thought she must have OD'd at some point and this was all a fantasy, and it would cut to a scene of her in a hospital bed or something. They should've seriously dialed it back.
Other than that pretty good.

Started but abandoned Barbarians (poor man's Vikings) and I Hate Suzie (poor man's Fleabag). Might actually finish them because I feel like I've already watched every good show in a streaming platform.


Spoiler:


Yea found it a bit unbelievable how an addict can just get over addiction and pretend everything is fine. I guess they wanted the story done in season 1 with no cliff hangers.

What i didn't like was how she had to resort to asking for help against the Russian James Bond from some chumps she can beat in her sleep. Her asking "how do i beat him" was a bit of a character u-turn.


let's see where they go with S2.
yeah agreed with all of that. Also the Russians rooting for the American was wth Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 26350
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 43 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by M99 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:12 pm

@RealGunner wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:@RG
Spoiler:

Ending kinda ruined it for me. It was so happy (in contrast to the rest of the show) that I thought she must have OD'd at some point and this was all a fantasy, and it would cut to a scene of her in a hospital bed or something. They should've seriously dialed it back.
Other than that pretty good.

Started but abandoned Barbarians (poor man's Vikings) and I Hate Suzie (poor man's Fleabag). Might actually finish them because I feel like I've already watched every good show in a streaming platform.


Spoiler:


Yea found it a bit unbelievable how an addict can just get over addiction and pretend everything is fine. I guess they wanted the story done in season 1 with no cliff hangers.

What i didn't like was how she had to resort to asking for help against the Russian James Bond from some chumps she can beat in her sleep. Her asking "how do i beat him" was a bit of a character u-turn.


let's see where they go with S2.


Its a miniseries. Not gonna be a season 2. Its an adaptation of a book and its complete.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 29327
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 98

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 43 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by El Gunner on Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:53 pm

i loved Luca Guadagnino's We Are Who We Are. He really is a brilliant director. Captures innocence, purity and sexuality so beautifully. The last episode was a bit corny though and just totally off-track from what transpired before it all.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17440
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 43 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Robespierre on Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:03 pm

I' ve finished The Office US yesterday.
Well , what an amazing series.

Imagine to watch 9 seasons but never getting bored  but wishing it continues.

Never tired, hilarious but not just this.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 15444
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 43 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:34 pm

@El Gunner wrote:i loved Luca Guadagnino's We Are Who We Are. He really is a brilliant director. Captures innocence, purity and sexuality so beautifully. The last episode was a bit corny though and just totally off-track from what transpired before it all.


Nice, will try to watch it soon. Did you see Call Me ByYour Name? Wonderful film.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 31768
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 43 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Thimmy on Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:57 pm

@Robespierre wrote:I' ve finished The Office US yesterday.
Well , what an amazing series.

Imagine to watch 9 seasons but never getting bored  but wishing it continues.

Never tired, hilarious but not just this.

Dwight Schrute might be my favorite TV series character of all time. Such a quirky, entertaining character.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11241
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 43 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Robespierre on Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:07 pm

@Thimmy wrote:
@Robespierre wrote:I' ve finished The Office US yesterday.
Well , what an amazing series.

Imagine to watch 9 seasons but never getting bored  but wishing it continues.

Never tired, hilarious but not just this.

Dwight Schrute might be my favorite TV series character of all time. Such a quirky, entertaining character.


The whole cast is fantastic and this gives engine to the series ut I agree, my favorite character on The Office is Dwight.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 15444
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 43 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by RealGunner on Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:27 pm

@Robespierre wrote:I' ve finished The Office US yesterday.
Well , what an amazing series.

Imagine to watch 9 seasons but never getting bored  but wishing it continues.

Never tired, hilarious but not just this.


Proud

Yea it's definitely an all time great. Other than the season after michael left it's consistently entertaining.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 87535
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 43 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Robespierre on Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:08 pm

@RealGunner wrote:
@Robespierre wrote:I' ve finished The Office US yesterday.
Well , what an amazing series.

Imagine to watch 9 seasons but never getting bored  but wishing it continues.

Never tired, hilarious but not just this.


Proud

Yea it's definitely an all time great. Other than the season after michael left it's consistently entertaining.



Agree :

Spoiler:
the 8th season is the only one undertone for me . Acceptable but not same level than rest.
Micheal gone away was main reason but it's due to his replacement too . Deangelo Vickers was the worst character on The Office, a bust, but well at least he lasted just few episodes.
Robert California, the CEO Dunder Mufflin in the 8th season, was never convincing. So 8th season is the only one with weak episodes imo.
9th improves and last 3 episodes.. damn..
I mean The Office is comedy surely , but not just this.
Last 3 episodes are amazing, touching, I was close to tears several times ffs Proud

Probably the most amazing show I've seen, I already miss it
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 15444
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 43 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by El Gunner on Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:21 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@El Gunner wrote:i loved Luca Guadagnino's We Are Who We Are. He really is a brilliant director. Captures innocence, purity and sexuality so beautifully. The last episode was a bit corny though and just totally off-track from what transpired before it all.


Nice, will try to watch it soon. Did you see Call Me ByYour Name? Wonderful film.

Forgive Frazer if you find him a bit annoying in the first episode, you'll soon get used to his personality, and the series isn't a character study on him specifically, thankfully

Yes, I loved Call Me By Your Name
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17440
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 43 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Warrior Yesterday at 9:13 pm

Lupin on Netflix is a good watch, i recommend, Not sure if the character of Arsène Lupin is known outside of the french world hmm it will bring back hype for the books. I have sympathy for projects that present reading as something "cool" imo it's important for childrens/teenagers to read

Tried the Queen's Gambit and could not watch beyond 10 minutes. Gave me a feeling it will be overdramatic. Personal problems, alcoholism, orphan... seems boring stuff
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6686
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 43 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by El Gunner Yesterday at 9:40 pm

except for Another Round my movie-watching experience so far this year has been met with mediocrity, so i decided to take a break with some series.

Started Raised by Wolves and The Deuce, they both look promising
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17440
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 43 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Pedram Yesterday at 9:48 pm

@Warrior wrote:Lupin on Netflix is a good watch, i recommend, Not sure if the character of Arsène Lupin is known outside of the french world hmm it will bring back hype for the books. I have sympathy for projects that present reading as something "cool" imo it's important for childrens/teenagers to read

Tried the Queen's Gambit and could not watch beyond 10 minutes. Gave me a feeling it will be overdramatic. Personal problems, alcoholism, orphan... seems boring stuff

Queen's Gambit was one of the best miniseries i've watched, definitely give it another chance.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6439
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 43 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Myesyats Yesterday at 11:39 pm

@Warrior wrote:Lupin on Netflix is a good watch, i recommend, Not sure if the character of Arsène Lupin is known outside of the french world hmm it will bring back hype for the books. I have sympathy for projects that present reading as something "cool" imo it's important for childrens/teenagers to read

Tried the Queen's Gambit and could not watch beyond 10 minutes. Gave me a feeling it will be overdramatic. Personal problems, alcoholism, orphan... seems boring stuff

Lupin seems interesting and quite refreshing since every time I open netflix these days they seem to try and shove a spanish show down my throat and I'm tired of it. Casa de papel had some success and now i see espanol everywhere ffs

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 13725
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

The TV Series Thread - Part 5 - Page 43 Empty Re: The TV Series Thread - Part 5

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 43 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum