Art Morte
Luca
El Gunner
Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
12 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Art Morte wrote:Glad I didn't bother with the finals, a great first game obviously but a sweep shouldn't happen in the finals.

I wonder how much LeBron's family is going to affect his decision. Three kids aged between 15 and 4 (or something like that) isn't a situation where you necessarily want to move to a completely new place.

Think he said it would be a family decision this time, and that his Free Agency choice is much easier than in 2010.

I think his family wants to go to L.A where they live during the off-season, and their home is. Would be best for them to stay the same place.

New York would probably be a good place to live also, and it's close to Philly if he wants to play there.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:30 am

Freeza I'm pretty sure you're the only person here who looks at this Lakers squad the way you do. That being said, you do you. I also overrate the Bucks on a consistent basis, everyone does it. I'm not in a position to complain tbh

Congrats to EG and congrats to Kevin Durant on another finals MVP. Think it could have gone to him or Steph but given KD's overall stats in the finals, his efficiency, his unguardability and the way that he took over game 3 and dragged the Warriors to a win, I don't see why anyone would be upset he got the FMVP. Can't say he doesn't deserve it. Durant is nothing short of incredible and I understand people disliking him, and I can't say I liked his move either, but watching him every game is nothing short of a delight. He's just so much fun to watch. What an incredible player.

Looking forward to the off season tbh and also looking forward to next season. I wanna see what this Bucks team can do with Budenholzer. If we don't manage to improve much I will throw my hands up and admit that the bucks are complete shit. While I've said it before, I've always kinda believed in them

Hope we make a move somehow to get a serviceable center though. Getting a good coach was like 50% of the problem. The other 50% is split between having no center and having no bench. Regardless there are NO EXCUSES
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:41 am

No one has ever made a counter argument to actually discuss what it is that I'm overrating the players by saying.

Is that ridiculous to say Lakers would be a 60 win team if LeBron and Paul George joined and we maybe got Trevor Ariza back on the MLE?

Jaylen Brown is constantly being praised to the skies. Yet Ingram was better in every single statistic this year, while being a year younger.

Randle was one of five players to average 19/9/3 in the last 41 games while Lakers went on a run. The others were LeBron, Westbrook, Jokic and Giannis. Randle was the only one shooting +55%.

I don't see what I'm saying that's so ridiculous tbh.

I think our team from this season would be around 44-45 wins next year if they kept the entire roster together and got more lucky with injuries, or not getting injuries.

Considering we were a .500 when healthy, it isn't that bad of a statement. The team really showed they could compete with everyone after the horrible start to the season.

–––

Other than Golden State and Rocket, who are better than Lakers if LeBron and George joins?

I just hate hearing how I'm overrating a team, that clearly no one here actually saw apart from two games.
It's funny because the stats prove my points. So I find it weird to see what it is a lot on here disagree with.

I'm not saying anything ridiculous like Warriors fans calling Curry the greatest PG of all time.

And I'm not one of the insane Lakers fans saying LeBron is better than Kobe.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:49 am

Well, you're predicating your argument on adding the best player in the league to your team, along with another top 15 player and a rather solid player.

You're then assuming someone like Randle's numbers would stay the same and Ingram would continue to grow in such an environment.

I'm not saying you're wrong. Truthfully, I don't care to argue this because we'll find out where LeBron will play shortly and I think the Lakers are absolutely a possible destination. I just don't think even with LeBron and George that they'll take down a healthy Warriors team and LeBron simply won't go through the West as he has done in the East. His season in the East from start to finish just wouldn't fly in the West, there are too many good teams.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:55 am

I never said LeBron and Paul George would take down a healthy Warriors team though. I don't anyone can.

I don't think he can go through the west, but I think he'd make us a top West team if Pelinka can still be in charge of the roster.

The discussion was about where LeBron would go. In that case if it's the Lakers I have to assume they'll use the $75m cap space They've got on someone at least.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:45 am

Fully behind lakers if Lebron joins them

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:21 am

The Cavs didn't reach 60 wins once even with LeBron, Kyrie and Love. What makes you think that the Lakers would? And like Mole said, you're qualifying everything with "when we were healthy" or "in 2018" or speaking in hypotheticals about how many wins you would have if everyone stayed healthy and the team was playing to its potential.

Not to mention that just because some of the players are young and have good potential, you can't just assume they're going to get better year after year. Giannis aside, that's how you end up with the Bucks. Thon hasn't really gotten better, Henson never justified his draft pick, Rashad Vaughn was young and talented coming out of college and was a bust, Jabari blew up his knee twice.

If Lakers get PG and LeBron they'll be a really good team. I never said contrary. I just think you're overrating the team a bit, this is a team that got, what, 37 wins? Let's hold our horses here a bit. And like I said, everyone overrates their own team. It's not a hot take I consistently overrate the bucks either. The team (lakers) is young and has potential to improve though, that's for sure. I think with the cap situation and the players Lakers have, there is a lot to be optimistic about.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:33 am

Why can’t I assume 20 year olds will improve?

Hard to find 20 year olds who are at their peak.

I don’t see how you can compare Lakers players to the Bucks’. Brogdon was four years older as a rookie than Ingram is right now. Thon Maker was never someone anyone thought would be a good player.
Middleton is a good role player, but old.
Jabari is the one that could be compared, but he’s been too crippled to improve much.
I can’t see how you’d compare these situations. Your players were never young aside from Giannis, and hardly that talented.

Reason I’m speaking about health is because we had periods where we missed 4-6 rotations players on the regular. And our record doesn’t reflect the team’s talent.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:41 am

So what do people think of LeBron to Spurs?

Would have to get rid of Gasoline and Mills someway.

Murray - Green - LeBron - Kawhi - Aldridge would be deadly. The defense could be legit. Have to count on Murray developing something that looks like a shot though. His defence is already elite in a case.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:53 am

Also regarding Lakers is hard to find a comparable situation, because we’ve sucked for so long. Hardly any team can acquire this much lottery talent in this short amount. We had picks 2, 2, 2, 7 and Kuzma (still not sold entirely as potential star).

I find it hard to actually find another team with this many high picks.

Sixers might be the only one, and they’ve succeeded.

Jury still out on Boston but they only sucked one year, and they got Smart there I think. Who is a very mixed bag. Their Nets picks look promising now though.

Else the other teams who sucked got unlucky in the lottery.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:02 am

Lakers have potential, but it might be a season too early for the likes of Kuzma, Ingram, Ball and Hart to truly be ready to play in a LeBron team.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:32 pm

LeBron to Lakers beginning to sound like a sure thing at this point.

Question is who joins him, Cp3, PG, Boogie or Durant
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:39 pm

Sure thing according to who lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:39 pm

Durant to be the ultimate heel
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:41 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Sure thing according to who lol.

There seems to be hold to that school thing that GP said.

Just saw Scottie Pippen talk about it on The Jump and he couldn’t seem to hide it.

Momentum is going that way. Can’t see where else he’d go. Every top FA has already committed at this point though. So it’s bound to leak at some point.

Lakers odds are like 1.5 now.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:46 pm

The school thing is BS though, they denied it.

Everyone is massively reaching and don't know anything including LeBron as I doubt he's even close to making a decision.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:49 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The school thing is BS though, they denied it.

Everyone is massively reaching and don't know anything including LeBron as I doubt he's even close to making a decision.

Denied because it’s illegal to reveal that info from the school.
Pippen said “nothing is official... yet” and kind of smiles laughing.

You really don’t think LeBron has made a decision yet?
I think he has decided some time ago tbh.

Paul George decided it over a year ago, guess it’s not his choice anymore if LeBron chooses someone else.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:14 pm

I really doubt Pippen knows anything, i don't believe anyone does.

I don't think for a second Lebron has decided either, don't see why that would be so surprising.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:20 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I really doubt Pippen knows anything, i don't believe anyone does.

I don't think for a second Lebron has decided either, don't see why that would be so surprising.

Pippen would be ideal to know, if his son has talked to Bronny about going to the school, as Pippen's son is the star of that team apparently.

The 2016 FA really screwed a lot FA's though, kind of helped us, since every club has maxed their caps and we're one of 4-5 teams to offer.

Thought Philly would be front runner at this point, but now I think it's Lakers or Spurs for LeBron.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:03 pm

The Ball family are better rappers than ballers.

El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Liangelo def is without a doubt. He sounds like he's had a stroke though.

I won't tolerate the Lonzo slander, since he had a great rookie season, but he was way too injury prone. But that Kuzma diss was hella funny. He went way too hard on a teammate.

Kuzma has been dissing him for a month straight though, and Lonzo clapped back with that crazy "no daddy" line Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:09 am

Incredible team this... And it wasn't even the worst in the league Laughing

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 20 JvieJwH
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:28 am

Vander Blue sounds like a star of a really bad Sci fi film.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:38 am

You went through some dark times, Freeze Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:39 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Vander Blue sounds like a star of a really bad Sci fi film.

And he's an worse player...

48 minutes also Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:40 am

El Gunner wrote:You went through some dark times, Freeze Laughing

The darkest... Imagine rookie Jordan Clarkson being your best player.

Then think that Sixers were 10 wins worse Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next