Has there ever been a more lucky club than Real?

+40
Valkyrja
Winter is Coming
sportsczy
Kick
futbol
CBarca
Perucho21
Doc
VanDeezNuts
futbol_bill
Robespierre
terrance511
Turok_TTZ
ExtremistEnigma
titosantill
Luca
Tomwin Lannister
Clutch
Zees
S
farfan
Lord Spencer
Jack Daniels
Art Morte
Unique
The Demon of Carthage
Adit
Thimmy
nasir6371
Myesyats
Hapless_Hans
Firenze
M99
Mr Nick09
BarcaLearning
El Gunner
RealGunner
Nishankly
Freeza
Cruijf
44 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Has there ever been a more lucky club than Real? - Page 4 Empty Re: Has there ever been a more lucky club than Real?

Post by titosantill Wed May 02, 2018 2:29 am

as i've always said i'll take "luck" over getting knocked out any day of the week. and i hope this "luck" continues till the final. btw i don't get the back and forth from us madrid fans.....considering not too long ago, some on the madrid forum used the "luck" card to bash zidane's "tactics" and the back to back ucl success of the team

i'm very happy with the "luck" and i hope it continues to the point rivals start making threads appealing to uefa fifa nato and the united nations organization to scrap some of our european cups

titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Has there ever been a more lucky club than Real? - Page 4 Empty Re: Has there ever been a more lucky club than Real?

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed May 02, 2018 2:36 am

We are going to need all the luck we can gather for Liverpool, maybe a few false penalties, and Liverpool's front 3 to all be red carded against Roma.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed May 02, 2018 3:14 am

titosantill wrote:as i've always said i'll take "luck" over getting knocked out any day of the week. and i hope this "luck" continues till the final. btw i don't get the back and forth from us madrid fans.....considering not too long ago, some on the madrid forum used the "luck" card to bash zidane's "tactics" and the back to back ucl success of the team

i'm very happy with the "luck" and i hope it continues to the point rivals start making threads appealing to uefa fifa nato and the united nations organization to scrap some of our european cups

I think we're all happy that we've had luck on our side under Zidane, but at the same time, you could argue that it's concerning when a team has to rely on luck to such a great extent. Luck is not something that can be sustained in the long term, and I'm sure there are fans who've been worried that Perez and the Real Madrid board can't tell the difference between a manager who's capable of getting the most out of a team, and one that manages to win things with established, strong teams when fortune favors him.

It goes without saying that Zidane is appreciated for the things he has already achieved, it's been nothing short of amazing, but it's hard to put much faith in his future endeavors when you've seen him churn out wins time and time again, despite making multiple poor decisions from a tactical perspective, and allowing presumed inferior teams to dominate everything but the final score on so many occasions that you'd almost think it was staged.

I see Zidane as a coach who's done an exceptional job of punching above his weight and beating what's been in front of him, yet his actual decision- making hasn't inspired much confidence for the future. He's unique in that sense. He's by no means the worst coach I've ever seen, like someone on here claimed. All coaches have their pros and cons, and he has done good things for the club. Sports likes to insist that it's nonsensical to not sing his eternal praises for what he's achieved in his so far short stint as a coach, but considering what he's achieved, and the talent he's got at his disposal, his actual football has rarely been convincingly superior, in my opinion. A few games a year doesn't change that. That said, if he keeps winning like this, I don't think anyone will complain. Winning against the odds is good when it works.

Last edited by Thimmy on Wed May 02, 2018 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 02, 2018 3:26 am

It has nothing to do with "luck". People use this term to explain something they can't rationalize or comprehend.

Italy NT and Germany NT prior to the 00s were the luckiest teams on earth under this rational.

Zidane has made this team resilient and ruthless... which has allowed us to overcome difficult situations and circumstances. It's a mentality.

Our players have nerves of steel.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed May 02, 2018 3:34 am

It was Zidane who made Rafinha gift you a goal in the first leg? Zidane who made Ulreich gift you a goal today? Zidane who made the ref ignore the Marcelo handball?

I've given credit to Zidane and Real before for the consistency with which they win games they don't look like winning. It is very impressive, there's no doubt about that, especially the consistency with which they've done so.

But you simply can't deny the huge role luck has played on so many occasions in Zidane's tenure. I'm not talking about grinding out games or mental traits that can be attributed to coaching. I'm talking about pure dumb luck, like the stuff that I listed above.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed May 02, 2018 3:37 am

That doesn't explain why top teams keep bottling sitters against us, or the absolutely ridiculous amount of matches under his tenure where we've been spanked by teams who cost a fraction of ours, only for us to magically win it late. Or the many times when he's subbed out our top performer when we've been chasing a draw, only for CR to clean up the mess. I appreciated our last league trophy as much as everyone else, but the amount of tragically poor games where higher forces ensured that arguably the worst string of performances in the last 20 years will be recorded in history as records and a streak of being unbeaten, left an incurable tumor in my brain.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed May 02, 2018 4:59 am

Now you know how we felt in our glory days. Maybe not the RM fans here, but generally we were UEFALons, we bought refs worse yet at least you aren’t accused of doping like we were by some Madrid faithfuls Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 02, 2018 5:08 am

You're just looking at it from one perspective and ignoring the other... CR missed an absolute sitter.  3 or 4 crosses were missed when we had a 2v1 in the box...  We miss chances too.

Difference is that we're not a ball dominant team.  Never been under the CR era.  Once in a while, you'll see us take a game completely over like the Juve final and against PSG.  But normally, we sit back and counter.

We don't really care about possession or shots... quality chances is the key for us.  Our great chances don't come on miss shots btw... it's missed passes or crosses where our players are open in the box with no defender to the keeper.  Again, that's due to the fact that we're counter attack team.

We didn't contain things as well as we usually do in this game since we literally had no right back and Modric was a quasi second RB.  Our whole block was unbalanced as a result.

But in the end, we don't give open shots.  The chances we give up are with people in the path between the ball and goal.  That's by design.  The opponent may look open... but when you analyze it, he has to shoot it through a few Madrid players and then the keeper. The actual window to score a goal is small for an opponent.

Last edited by sportsczy on Wed May 02, 2018 5:10 am; edited 2 times in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed May 02, 2018 5:09 am

Nishankly wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:
I hope our luck gets us the only title we can compete for to make up for what has been a malicious season for us.

You won the Super Copa Espana, UEFA Super Cup and the club world cup this season already.

Im tired of these big teams, They need to be put down along with the fans.

none which is enough to protect Zidane's job.
La liga or CL. one of tbose two is needed so Zidane keeps his job. i like Zidane as our coach. i want him to stay. that is not unreasonable is it?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed May 02, 2018 5:10 am

Winter is Coming wrote:Now you know how we felt in our glory days. Maybe not the RM fans here, but generally we were UEFALons, we bought refs worse yet at least you aren’t accused of doping like we were by some Madrid faithfuls Laughing

The whole world was accusing Spanish athletes of doping, Madrid players included. Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 02, 2018 7:59 am

Has there ever been a more lucky club than Real? - Page 4 15252073674005

Lucky
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed May 02, 2018 12:23 pm

Thimmy wrote:
titosantill wrote:as i've always said i'll take "luck" over getting knocked out any day of the week. and i hope this "luck" continues till the final. btw i don't get the back and forth from us madrid fans.....considering not too long ago, some on the madrid forum used the "luck" card to bash zidane's "tactics" and the back to back ucl success of the team

I think we're all happy that we've had luck on our side under Zidane, but at the same time, you could argue that it's concerning when a team has to rely on luck to such a great extent. Luck is not something that can be sustained in the long term, and I'm sure there are fans who've been worried that Perez and the Real Madrid board can't tell the difference between a manager who's capable of getting the most out of a team, and one that manages to win things with established, strong teams when fortune favors him.

three finals in three years is as long a period and as hard a road to put it down solely to "luck".....you can say luck in one year, but 3 straight years? that's just fate. in the modern era with so many "great" tacticians and teams, none of them have done this......the aim though is not to reach the finals, let's go out there and win
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 02, 2018 12:31 pm

lets be honest here no team in history has ever won a trophy without a bit of luck somewhere.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed May 02, 2018 12:48 pm

"It was Zidane who made Rafinha gift you a goal in the first leg?"

Usually i dont like defending Madrid here because they're an incredibly arrogant lot, all of them except for maybe Thimmy, Vandeez, titosantill etc

But seriously its as much Rafinha's 'mistake' as its down to Asensio's cool and composed finishing. This Madrid players just have nerves of steel. That Asensio finish in a nutshell describes Madrid's performances in CL for the past few years. Force the opposition team to make an unforced error and then just bury them when you get the opportunity to do so. They havent exactly played champagne football but they just know how to approach big games like these.

They're just built to win cup competitions and when you keep your nerves and dont panic at crucial moments of the game, you're more often than not likely to win knockout games and hence Champions league titles. `

But again, in no shape or form that this team would qualify as the greatest side ever. The last team to win 3 on the trot was Bayern in the 70s and they were dominant both in league and Europe unlike this team.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed May 02, 2018 3:30 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:
If you're going to criticize Madrid for having played very bad, at least have the decency to acknowledge the fact that Bayern didn't play well either. Don't act as though they were the reincarnation of Sacchi's Milan tonight. They lost at home and drew at the Bernabeu. They should leave with their heads held high, but not any higher than Juventus.

Madrid won by playing poorly and beating another team who also played poorly. End of.

Have the decency to shove your sanctimonious BS up between your tightly clenched buttcheeks, if you would be so kind

Easily, one of the funniest posts I've read on GL lately. Thanks for the laugh, mate rofl
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat May 26, 2018 8:59 pm

Wtf is this.

First Salah goes off and then yet another moronic goalie gifts Real a goal? You can't make this garbage up :facepalm:
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat May 26, 2018 9:00 pm

You're welcome
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 26, 2018 9:35 pm

This is why their CL wins have been so forgettable
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 26, 2018 9:38 pm

CBarca wrote:This is why their CL wins have been so forgettable

Why u so butthurt if so forgettable ? hmm
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 26, 2018 9:39 pm

Lad I don't like Liverpool either so I won no matter what in this game
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat May 26, 2018 9:42 pm

The most pathetic club to have won so many trophies :facepalm:

Enjoy your stupid records and undeserved victories, the world knows you are a lucky piece of worthless trash
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat May 26, 2018 9:44 pm

tbh the only bit of luck madrid had tonight was salah going off. the liverpool keeper gave them the game
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat May 26, 2018 9:46 pm

Sour grapes!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 26, 2018 9:48 pm

Barca fans rofl everybody already forgot about your Liga this season lmao shut the hell up
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 26, 2018 9:50 pm

CBarca wrote:Lad I don't like Liverpool either so I won no matter what in this game

So why so butthurt? rofl
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat May 26, 2018 9:54 pm

4 out of 5 years is a little bit more than luck!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next