Has there ever been a more lucky club than Real?

+40
Valkyrja
Winter is Coming
sportsczy
Kick
futbol
CBarca
Perucho21
Doc
VanDeezNuts
futbol_bill
Robespierre
terrance511
Turok_TTZ
ExtremistEnigma
titosantill
Luca
Tomwin Lannister
Clutch
Zees
S
farfan
Lord Spencer
Jack Daniels
Art Morte
Unique
The Demon of Carthage
Adit
Thimmy
nasir6371
Myesyats
Hapless_Hans
Firenze
M99
Mr Nick09
BarcaLearning
El Gunner
RealGunner
Nishankly
Freeza
Cruijf
44 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Has there ever been a more lucky club than Real? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has there ever been a more lucky club than Real?

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:00 pm

Or we could say that Real Madrid is unlucky since Vazquez would've put that in but here comes Benatia flying in to spoil the moment and for everyone to blame the ref for a "50/50" call.

Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Has there ever been a more lucky club than Real? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has there ever been a more lucky club than Real?

Post by Thimmy Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:01 pm

Art Morte wrote:It's not a clear penalty, imo. It's so-so whether you give it or not. But I have to say it does add to this feeling that Real have been quite lucky in recent years. At least this year there's a team in the semis that will take them to the cleaners with or without luck.
He pushed the player inside the box, without even as much as touching the ball. What’s the argument for it not being a penalty? It was a clumsy challenge, to say the least.

Last edited by Thimmy on Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:02 pm

nasir6371 wrote:
M99 wrote:Its telling that two people in this thread who are saying its not a pen are blatant Madrid haters. Will be three when Harmonica logs in Laughing Even linetty agrees it was a pen.

Looking at the replay, Vasquez was gonna get that, gonna take that back. Benatia is lucky he did not get sent off.

Nah, Im like 100% sure if it was City that would not have been given. Sterling yellow card would have been the call.

With City it wouldn't have mattered as they would have been down 5 goals on aggregate at that point
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:11 pm

I don't have an opinion myself, but the BeIN ref analyst says that it is not a clear-cut call. It was the official in the back of the goal that made the decision.

The ref analyst is well-known for usually agreeing 100% with all ref calls, and this is the first tie I have seen him not make a decision.

Just saying that it is not as clear as some are saying it is, and its really the worst way to end a tie. Real would have probably gone through if it went to extra-time. Juve made a mistake in not chasing a fourth.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:20 pm

Now let's hear the take of someone who knows what he's talking about

Has there ever been a more lucky club than Real? - Page 2 XT08QQI

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:30 pm

I watched it again and its 50-50

People need to stop listening to what British commentators/pundits say
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:33 pm

https://streamable.com/ft51k

Issa pen imo, makes no contact with the ball and he clearly get's in the way of Lucas getting to the ball, by coming in from behind and wrapping his foot around him.

Last edited by Zees on Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:34 pm

Sorry, clear pen.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:34 pm

Zees wrote:https://streamable.com/ft51k

Issa pen imo, makes no contact with the ball.

It's a 2 hit combo lol. Surely a penalty.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:37 pm

Tbh I dont think Vasquez scores that. It looked like the ball bounced in an awkward position for him to attack and he didn't know what to do with it. Plus its Vasquez

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:46 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:
Zees wrote:https://streamable.com/ft51k

Issa pen imo, makes no contact with the ball.

It's a 2 hit combo lol. Surely a penalty.

Yeah the leg is just the bonus, you can't shove down someone from behind in the 6 yard box with two hands like that. The ref got a perfectly clear view as well if you look at the picture below.
Has there ever been a more lucky club than Real? - Page 2 YemyNTS
I wouldn't even blame Benatia for that since there wasn't much else he could do honestly, Juve's fault for having any players in their box in last minute of added time.

Clutch wrote:Tbh I dont think Vasquez scores that. It looked like the ball bounced in an awkward position for him to attack and he didn't know what to do with it. Plus its Vasquez

I agree, he probably would've bottled it Laughing actually i think he blacked out because when the ball was coming to him, instead of going to receive it he just froze and stood still.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:51 pm

Even disregarding the penalty, why is it that Ronaldo is allowed to throw himself to the floor 57 times yet Dybala does it once, gets booked. Gets a stupid second yellow to follow it. One set of rules for Madrid, particularly Ronaldo. One for the rest.

UEFA Cashcow and Barca just went out. Was inevitable
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:01 pm

S wrote:I watched it again and its 50-50

People need to stop listening to what British commentators/pundits say

Push with two hands and then a kick to take him down all this while ball bounces off Vasquez chest.

Didn't get the ball... Check

Pushed with hands from behind.... Check

Kick to body... Check.

What 50-50?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:02 pm

M99 wrote:

Sorry, clear pen.

It was pretty emotional for juve but referee gotta do his job.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:06 pm

Not sure the point in discussing whether or not its a pen as it was called a penalty

To me, there's more than enough contact to say its a penalty. I just don't like the context of a call like this deciding the tie but realistically, we had 180 minutes prior to this and this was the outcome

We almost did enough, Real did more in the end

I'm good with it, we all should be

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:06 am

it was a clumsy challenge; from behind, leg all up in his heart, didn't even get the ball (btw sometimes, even if you do get the ball it can still be a foul). this was a penalty. i think what people should be complaining about was the red to buffon.....and with that, we don't know what he said to the ref. i hope we get some more luck going forward. i think we've paid our dues over the years with the last 16 quarter final exits in the previous decade to get some luck. my theory is roma really inspired juve, and they took it to us from the word go. i feel if that roma miracle didn't happen, this game wouldnt be this dramatic
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:25 am

This thread could just as easily be titled "Has there ever been a more bottler club than Juventus?" and it would make no difference
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:27 am

It seems you lot have long forgotten that Luck is a part of the beautiful game...

I hope our luck gets us the only title we can compete for to make up for what has been a malicious season for us.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:39 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:
I hope our luck gets us the only title we can compete for to make up for what has been a malicious season for us.

You won the Super Copa Espana, UEFA Super Cup and the club world cup this season already.

Im tired of these big teams, They need to be put down along with the fans.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:52 pm

agreed with you all. it's clear penalty.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:12 pm

El Gunner wrote:CLEAR PENALTY lol

Juventus bottled it last minute.

Or maybe Real was going to bottle it the 0-3 on first leg

A penalty is penalty regardless of 5' or 93' minute. That is evident penalty
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:21 pm

You can put the luck down to Zidane (again)!

If he had done his usual move of inserting Benzema for Bale!

Imagine how that last play would have worked if it had been Benzema instead of Lucas?

Juve could just leave him alone as he would blow it all by himself.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:35 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

You won the Super Copa Espana, UEFA Super Cup and the club world cup this season already.

Im tired of these big teams, They need to be put down along with the fans.

godddaamn, chill Laughing

Spoiler:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue May 01, 2018 9:44 pm

Lady luck strikes again. First Rafinha gifted them a goal in the first leg and now Ulreich did the same today
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 01, 2018 9:46 pm

Even if they really are 'lucky', does it matter?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue May 01, 2018 9:46 pm

Cruijf wrote:Lady luck strikes again. First Rafinha gifted them a goal in the first leg and now Ulreich did the same today

This is actually true.

If Liverpool have had an easy run, Madrid have rode their luck throughout.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next