Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 37 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by McLewis on Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:26 pm

I've said it before, I'll say it again and I'm going to keep saying it: I'll vote for literally any of these candidates in the general. Without hesitation.

All of them have have issues voters will take offense to:

Biden - Wrote and championed the crime bill in the 90s that continued the mass incarceration of people (largely men) of color, prone to gaffes and is very...."touchy" with women.

Sanders - Supported Biden's crime bill and down plays the effects of racial inequality on overall social and economic inequality.

Warren - Accused Sanders of sexism, overplayed her Native American ancestry, and wouldn't admit her healthcare plan will raise taxes.

Buttigieg - Fired a black police chief and and defended the police response in his city when they killed a black teen.

Klobuchar - Prosecuted a black man and recommended a long prison sentence for the killing of a young black girl, even when evidence found someone else pulled the trigger. She's doubled-down.

Steyer - He's a billionaire.

Bloomberg - Created and enforced the Stop-and-Frisk policy and defended it as recent as 5 years ago. Bragged about targeting communities of color for increased police presence. Lobbied to change NY State's law for term limits on the Governorship to allow him to run and win a 3rd term. After that term, he then lobbied to have that law reversed so that no successor could run for a 3rd term. Also has said that taking from the rich was a bigger problem than income inequality. Oh, and he's a billionaire.
----------------------------------------

And that's just off the top of my head. Research them and you'll find plenty of reasons not to vote for one or the other.

I'll give conservatives one major advantage over liberals: They are extremely pragmatic. They saw Trump for what he can give them (more conservative judges, for instance) and considered that a significant reason to ignore his horrible personality, twitter tirades and dumb gaffes.

Democrats and liberals lack this pragmatism and thus are constantly searching for the "perfect" antidote to Trump. One doesn't exist. Every candidate is flawed. Democrats must make their peace with which of these flaws they can live with the most and then vote accordingly in both the primaries and the general.

Trump wins if they:

- Don't vote at all
- Don't vote for a Democrat.

As much as I hate Bloomberg's policies while he was mayor of NYC and his insincere apologies, he is a significant upgrade on Trump. That's not up for dispute. If elected, his feet should and likely will be held to the fire every step of the way by the left, as it should be.

So I'll say it yet again: I'll vote for literally any of these candidates in the general. Without hesitation. Everyone who doesn't want to see Trump re-elected must have the same mindset or he will win again. If that happens, we'll have deserved another 4 years of his tyrannical rule.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 37 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Blue on Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:59 pm

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:11 pm

I'm lukewarm to Noah, but when he's putting out content like that, that tells me why he was chosen as John Stewart's successor. Awesome clip.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:35 pm

I wouldnt vote for Bloomberg if he got the nomination.

4 years under him would be no different than Trump outside of hurt feelings on twitter.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:45 pm

Bloomberg is just as racist, less incompetent and just as big of a sexual predator.

Nominating him would almost guarantee a Trump win. Not much would change.

Would be prime democrats to fuck up their progressive movement and their new identity if they nominate a obvious republican as their candidate.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:00 pm

@Young Kaz wrote:I wouldnt vote for Bloomberg if he got the nomination.

4 years under him would be no different than Trump outside of hurt feelings on twitter.

Who would you vote for instead?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue on Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:12 pm

I am honestly not convinced Bloomberg is better than Trump. In fact everything he has done as the mayor of NY shows he is much more dangerous. Btw he only apologized just recently, it is very hollow imo.

Like i said earlier in this thread if Bloomberg can use the NY police force in such authoritarian style, scary thinking what he would do with the military, CIA, FBI, NSA, etc under his control. Who is going to stop him? His own party won't, and he can use his wealth to lobby members who oppose him. His ideology is very in line with the GOP, so i don't see them being oppose.

It is also incredible how much the media is giving him a pass too. Those clips were surfaced by a non major media, just a small time podcaster and others. The big media only talked about it when it became a story.

Also his sexism, and decades of lawsuits by women is hardly being mentioned.
https://www.gq.com/story/bloomberg-sexism

Last edited by Blue on Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:20 pm

@McLewis wrote:

If they are the two nominations I'd just vote democrat down ballot.

I wont even write anything in for president.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:58 pm

@Young Kaz wrote:
@McLewis wrote:

Wouldn't that be considered essentially a vote for Trump?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:05 pm

@McLewis wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:
@McLewis wrote:

Didn't you do that last time with a better option than Bloomberg?

I have voted blank before, mainly because I feel you have to vote and it's a disgrace not to. Voting blank gives you the right to keep criticising the status quo and is a vote against that, instead of a vote for a candidate.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:19 pm

@McLewis wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:
@McLewis wrote:

Voted Trump out by all means hinges on "all means" being not voting for someone who is as morally reprehensible as him(Bloomberg) or someone who plays in nationalistic populism like him(Sanders)

We have to vote Trump out on principle, or it becomes a meaningless vote.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:31 pm

If you don't vote for Trump, you didn't vote for Trump.
If @Young Kaz feels he can't vote for Bloomberg, it's his prerogative not to, and he shouldn't be blamed for Trump winning.
I hate this logic. If I was American, I would definitively not vote for Bloomberg either. Why would I be to blame for the political system being so laughable, only two parties, with the one I would be ready to support opting for a terrible, unacceptable candidate too?
I mean Trump vs Bloomberg would be exactly this situation right here

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:09 pm

does america not have anyone like the green party that they can vote for out of protest like we have in the UK. Very Happy

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:52 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@McLewis wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:
@McLewis wrote:

Didn't you do that last time with a better option than Bloomberg?

I have voted blank before, mainly because I feel you have to vote and it's a disgrace not to. Voting blank gives you the right to keep criticising the status quo and is a vote against that, instead of a vote for a candidate.

Indeed I did.

It's not a mistake I intend to make again. Excluding Biden, Steyer and Bloomberg, this field of candidates are better candidates than Clinton. I have my concerns with each, but would have far less overall issues voting for them.

I suppose I'm curious to compare Kaz's mindset to my own when I decided to vote for Johnson. I was lot more jaded though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:53 pm

@Young Kaz wrote:
@McLewis wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:
@McLewis wrote:

Voted Trump out by all means hinges on "all means" being not voting for someone who is as morally reprehensible as him(Bloomberg) or someone who plays in nationalistic populism like him(Sanders)

We have to vote Trump out on principle, or it becomes a meaningless vote.

Fair enough.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:54 pm

@Unique wrote:does america not have anyone like the green party that they can vote for out of protest like we have in the UK. Very Happy

We have plenty of smaller parties to get behind for protest votes. I voted for a Libertarian last time out for that very reason.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue on Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:41 am

I am honestly very cynical of the media and Democrat establishment, but i would have never honestly predicated them backing Mike Bloomberg. I honestly thought they would have some standard, some code they would not cross. If Trump had a D in front of his name, at this point i would believe they would wear a blue MAGA hat. Mike Bloomberg ran arguably some of the raciest policies in the 21st century by targeting Blacks, Latino, and muslims. He mistreatment of women equal if not greater than Trump. He is taking campaign spending into a new level, unquestionably buying our democracy.

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue on Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:49 am

btw Kaz why is populism bad?

From the dictionary; a political approach that strives to appeal to ordinary people who feel that their concerns are disregarded by established elite groups.

Thought that was the point of democracy.

Also i would not hold it against you if you don't vote for Sanders or Bloomberg(obviously). On principal i do not think anyone is entitled to anyone vote, it is the candidate job to convince them.

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue on Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:08 pm

Stacey Abrams 'absolutely' wants to run for president one day, but says she'd accept a VP slot in 2020

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/stacey-abrams-absolutely-run-president-day-shed-accept/story?id=68891036

"Every person is allowed to run and should run the race that they think they should run, and Mike Bloomberg has chosen to use his finances. Other people are using their dog, their charisma, their whatever," she added. "I think it's an appropriate question to raise. But I don't think it's disqualifying for anyone to invest in fixing America."

lmao, yeah spending billions of dollars on ads, army of campaign resources, and buying endorsements is like using your dog.

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:15 pm

The Democrat establishment  putting on a media-driven coronation of Bloomberg is pretty true to form honestly. They did do it with Biden after all. Look at the lack of coverage Sanders is getting, despite being the clear front runner. My biggest fear is that the DNC will play kingmaker again with Bloomberg, just as they did with Hillary.

And just as I believed in 2016, if they do it again, we'll have deserved another 4 years of Trump.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:22 pm

The more I hear about Bloomberg through his ads and the pundits, the less I know what he actually stands for or believe in. For me, he's a soulless, data-driven husk in a suit.

At least we can say that the other candidates truly believe in something. Bloomberg doesn't seem to believe in anything, but numbers.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram on Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:16 pm

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 37 2vRuAze

Bloomberg qualifies for tomorrow's debate.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:35 pm

@Blue wrote:btw Kaz why is populism bad?

From the dictionary; a political approach that strives to appeal to ordinary people who feel that their concerns are disregarded by established elite groups.

Thought that was the point of democracy.

Also i would not hold it against you if you don't vote for Sanders or Bloomberg(obviously). On principal i do not think anyone is entitled to anyone vote, it is the candidate job to convince them.

Populism is almost always synonymous with racism.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:36 pm

@Blue wrote:Stacey Abrams 'absolutely' wants to run for president one day, but says she'd accept a VP slot in 2020

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/stacey-abrams-absolutely-run-president-day-shed-accept/story?id=68891036

"Every person is allowed to run and should run the race that they think they should run, and Mike Bloomberg has chosen to use his finances. Other people are using their dog, their charisma, their whatever," she added. "I think it's an appropriate question to raise. But I don't think it's disqualifying for anyone to invest in fixing America."

lmao, yeah spending billions of dollars on ads, army of campaign resources, and buying endorsements is like using your dog.

I am shocked she is even a talking point on this site....and I say this as the only person on here who has voted for her.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:17 pm

Abrams is good only because her competition was literally this stupid ass son of a bitch:

^^He won too. Because our state is full of stupid ass sons of bitches.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:23 pm

rofl rofl rofl

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum