Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Harmonica on Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:57 pm

Why on earth are non Americans so interested in this? I mean I would understand if you're Iranian, or a gun nut... It's interesting as mass shootings in the US nowadays.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 12259
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Freeza on Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:01 pm

@Harmonica wrote:Why on earth are non Americans so interested in this? I mean I would understand if you're Iranian, or a gun nut... It's interesting as mass shootings in the US nowadays.


90% of my family is Iranian.

Also. Even if they weren't. American politics have a bigger effect on other countries than their own national governments. Everything revolves around America. Wish it didn't, but because they keep electing warmongers like Clinton, Reagan, Obama, Bush^2, Trump etc. it will always matter.

_________________
hmm:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 22029
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Harmonica on Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:11 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@Harmonica wrote:Why on earth are non Americans so interested in this? I mean I would understand if you're Iranian, or a gun nut... It's interesting as mass shootings in the US nowadays.


90% of my family is Iranian.

Also. Even if they weren't. American politics have a bigger effect on other countries than their own national governments. Everything revolves around America. Wish it didn't, but because they keep electing warmongers like Clinton, Reagan, Obama, Bush^2, Trump etc. it will always matter.
I understand it's the most powerful nation and effects and all that... But what has the president selection ever done to your country?


_________________
- Come with me. Save yourself. You don't owe Argentine people any more. You've given them everything.
- Not everything. Not yet.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 12259
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Freeza on Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:17 pm

Drawn us into plenty wars because they’re too powerful to say no to.

And also don’t worry, I blame my own government plenty. Just don’t chat about it on here because I don’t think people would find Danish politics very exciting.

_________________
hmm:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 22029
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Harmonica on Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:28 pm

@Freeza wrote:Drawn us into plenty wars because they’re too powerful to say no to.

And also don’t worry, I blame my own government plenty. Just don’t chat about it on here because I don’t think people would find Danish politics very exciting.
Forgot that Denmark was a Nato country, yeah obviously that has some effects. But does that really affect normal people? How's the Danish military, is military service mandatory like for us, or do you just send professionals there?

_________________
- Come with me. Save yourself. You don't owe Argentine people any more. You've given them everything.
- Not everything. Not yet.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 12259
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Freeza on Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:49 pm

@Harmonica wrote:
@Freeza wrote:Drawn us into plenty wars because they’re too powerful to say no to.

And also don’t worry, I blame my own government plenty. Just don’t chat about it on here because I don’t think people would find Danish politics very exciting.
Forgot that Denmark was a Nato country, yeah obviously that has some effects. But does that really affect normal people? How's the Danish military, is military service mandatory like for us, or do you just send professionals there?


Yeah, our former Prime Minister was even head of NATO. He was as happy with war as they come (Anders Fogh Rasmussen). Really didn't like that dude one bit. Distrust career politicians in general. They're ready to send young people to war to further advance their own careers (which he did).
__
It's a lottery for males. It's too popular for mandatory service I think.

All males above 18 have to go to a draft and have a medical checked and draw a number. Then they have to serve for 6 months.

I got a free pass because of a back injury, which luckily doesn't bother me one bit.

_________________
hmm:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 22029
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Harmonica on Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:01 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@Harmonica wrote:
@Freeza wrote:Drawn us into plenty wars because they’re too powerful to say no to.

And also don’t worry, I blame my own government plenty. Just don’t chat about it on here because I don’t think people would find Danish politics very exciting.
Forgot that Denmark was a Nato country, yeah obviously that has some effects. But does that really affect normal people? How's the Danish military, is military service mandatory like for us, or do you just send professionals there?


Yeah, our former Prime Minister was even head of NATO. He was as happy with war as they come (Anders Fogh Rasmussen). Really didn't like that dude one bit. Distrust career politicians in general. They're ready to send young people to war to further advance their own careers (which he did).
__
It's a lottery for males. It's too popular for mandatory service I think.

All males above 18 have to go to a draft and have a medical checked and draw a number. Then they have to serve for 6 months.

I got a free pass because of a back injury, which luckily doesn't bother me one bit.
So with bad luck you get to military, and then to war? Now I understand why you would care about Nato countries. Here military service isn't that bad, I had the minimum of 6 months, nice experience, although I don't think many would go if it wasn't mandatory.

_________________
- Come with me. Save yourself. You don't owe Argentine people any more. You've given them everything.
- Not everything. Not yet.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 12259
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Young Kaz on Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:44 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@Harmonica wrote:Why on earth are non Americans so interested in this? I mean I would understand if you're Iranian, or a gun nut... It's interesting as mass shootings in the US nowadays.


90% of my family is Iranian.



This actually explains a lot.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1100
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by CBarca on Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:08 am

I never said hillary lost because she's a woman. She was highly unlikeable and ran a very average to bad campaign. That is more of why she lost than her sex.

However, I did say that Biden shouldn't be compared to Hillary because he's a man, for one. What's wrong with that statement? IMO Hillary didn't lose because she's a woman, but it didn't help her one bit. I'm sure it cost her a LOT of votes. If you tried to argue she did lose on the grounds of her sex, I would disagree, but note that you could easily make that argument.

Biden being a male makes it a stupid comparison from the get go. Saying otherwise is pretending sexism isn't a thing.

_________________
Beer and guns
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 18370
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Freeza on Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:22 am

I'm curious what makes Biden better, as a politician, than Hillary.

Drop the 'electability' stuff a moment. Actual policy.

_________________
hmm:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 22029
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:02 am

Hillary won 2.1% more of the popular vote than Trump (almost three million more votes). It was the Electoral College's votes that made her lose (227 to Trump's 304).

When the nationwide popular vote goes to a woman with nearly 4 million more vote than her opponent, claiming that she lost the election because she's a woman becomes a baseless claim.

Then you have the media who supported Hillary from day one and made it their life's mission to attack Trump at every turn. Bloggers, news anchors, political commentators who never ceased to remind the populace of Trump's wrongdoings (tax evasion, bankruptcy, sexism, misogyny, history with pornstars, tyranny, ...).

Hillary had the support of the media and the American people, and she was running against probably the most hated presidential candidate in American history, and she still lost.

She simply blew it, and I'm sure there are many women in the US who would've wiped the floor with him, and she's not one of them.

Also, it's just a matter of time before the US elects the first woman president.

_________________
I ****ing hate Komodo dragons
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 5235
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:18 am

@CBarca wrote:I never said hillary lost because she's a woman. She was highly unlikeable and ran a very average to bad campaign. That is more of why she lost than her sex.


It's both the same thing, as I explained above.
Demonstrably, for a female candidate the issue of 'unlikeablility' is much more of a problem than for a male candidate.

_________________
Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 29707
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:23 am

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:Hillary won 2.1% more of the popular vote than Trump (almost three million more votes). It was the Electoral College's votes that made her lose (227 to Trump's 304).

When the nationwide popular vote goes to a woman with nearly 4 million more vote than her opponent, claiming that she lost the election because she's a woman becomes a baseless claim.



It doesn't.
As I detalied above, the deciding voters that had such power in the electoral college(in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Virginia or whatever it was), the famous white male blue collar voters, demonstrably could easier be swayed by a male candidate who's clearly bullshitting them than a female candidate they don't deem likeable.

_________________
Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 29707
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Freeza on Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:09 am



This dude is a meme machine rofl

Also this stuff from American Psycho is so incredible:

_________________
hmm:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 22029
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Young Kaz on Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:06 am

Asian American super PAC endorses Joe Biden



Meh expected Warren, but this works. We are officially on code.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1100
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Blue on Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:29 am

Denying it was a valid factor for Hilary, does not mean i deny sexism in our society.

More than half of the general population in the United States are women. In fact more than 9.9m women voted than men. Sure it is possible some men deciding factor was gender, in the same vein one could argue that the decision of some women casting their vote for Hilary was based gender.

Trump won the rust belt states because he connected with them, and identified the loss of factories jobs which he blamed on bad trades made by the political establishment. In 2008 and 2012 Obama won these same "white male blue collar voters."

Also it has been well noted that Hilary did not campaigned hard enough in those states.

It is weird to me we are talking about sexism for a corrupt politician that had the system rigged in her favor. Wall Street, Corporate, media, political establishment, etc were all in her favor yet we have to talk about sexism.

_________________
Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Conor-Header2
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 2672
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by CBarca on Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:59 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@CBarca wrote:I never said hillary lost because she's a woman. She was highly unlikeable and ran a very average to bad campaign. That is more of why she lost than her sex.


It's both the same thing, as I explained above.
Demonstrably, for a female candidate the issue of 'unlikeablility' is much more of a problem than for a male candidate.


Sure, but you can be a woman and be unlikeable for reasons other than your sex. Being a woman doesn't exclude her from being unlikeable for reasons beyond her sex.

_________________
Beer and guns
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 18370
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Young Kaz on Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:30 am

@Blue wrote:Denying it was a valid factor for Hilary, does not mean i deny sexism in our society.

More than half of the general population in the United States are women. In fact more than 9.9m women voted than men. Sure it is possible some men deciding factor was gender, in the same vein one could argue that the decision of some women casting their vote for Hilary was based gender.

Trump won the rust belt states because he connected with them they are full of racist people, and identified the loss of factories jobs which he blamed  on bad trades made by the political establishment. In 2008 and 2012 Obama won these same "white male blue collar voters." stayed home

Also it has been well noted that Hilary did not campaigned hard enough in those states.

It is weird to me we are talking about sexism for a corrupt politician that had the system rigged in her favor. Wall Street, Corporate, media, political establishment, etc were all in her favor yet we have to talk about sexism.


Women hate women more than men do.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1100
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:26 am

Not all the women who didn't vote for her did it because they "hate women". Some of them didn't vote for her because they simply didn't relate to her and weren't convinced by her campaign. It happens, you know.

See the problem here is that some of you assume that her being a woman was the driving factor behind her losing the election, when all the data suggests otherwise.

Am I denying that sexism exist in today's society? Of course not. But in Hillary's case she didn't lose because of it. It might've influenced a teeny, tiny, uneducated portion of the populace not to vote for her, but most people don't really give a tiny rat's ass about her gender and are more interested in what she stands for and what she's bringing to the table. Heck, if I were American, I wouldn't have voted for her, and I'm pretty sure I'm not sexist. Hillary is simply an unlikable candidate, and as a Tunisian, I know a thing or two about her terrible decisions that turned Libya into a lawless wasteland and destabilized the entire region because of it.

Before assuming that sexism is preventing women from being elected in the US, think first about choosing a likable, competent woman (there are millions of them in the US alone), then try to come up with a logical explanation as to why, in a sexist society, one of the most unlikable female candidates in history was able to get more popular votes than her male opponent. Then, try to prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that those who didn't vote for her from the Electoral college, did it because she's simply a woman (and in order to do that you'd have to be able to delve in each and everyone's psyche because you can't do it otherwise).

You probably aren't aware of this, but you have no idea how insulting you guys sound when you claim without proof that the men who didn't vote for her did it because they are sexist and the women who didn't vote for her did it because they hate women. When you do that, you insult their intelligence as if they are incapable of thinking beyond what lies between their legs.

_________________
I ****ing hate Komodo dragons
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 5235
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:14 am

@CBarca wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@CBarca wrote:I never said hillary lost because she's a woman. She was highly unlikeable and ran a very average to bad campaign. That is more of why she lost than her sex.


It's both the same thing, as I explained above.
Demonstrably, for a female candidate the issue of 'unlikeablility' is much more of a problem than for a male candidate.


Sure, but you can be a woman and be unlikeable for reasons other than your sex. Being a woman doesn't exclude her from being unlikeable for reasons beyond her sex.


I'm not denying that but that doesn't deny my point either.
Unlikeable men are being voted into office left and right.

_________________
Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 29707
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Young Kaz on Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:51 am

Bernie Sanders bragging about Getting Joe Rogan's endorsement:



Same Rogan who called a theater full of black people: "Planet of the apes" and "Africa"

Bernie can NOT be the democrat nominee.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1100
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:03 pm

The degree to which your judgement hysterically jumps around on random utterances by people and then works on guilt by association is a bit puzzling

_________________
Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 29707
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Young Kaz on Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:07 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:The degree to which your judgement hysterically jumps around on random utterances by people and then works on guilt by association is a bit puzzling


Lets get real Trump was slaughtered in the press for not disavowing David Duke's endorsement.  If Biden was singing the praise of Rogan's racist ass endorsement he'd be getting slaughtered by brogressives.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1100
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Young Kaz on Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:31 pm



Brogressives spent the better part of a year trashing Biden for giving the eulogy at a segregationist funeral, but their king just retweeted his endorsement from the guy who called a room full of black people planet of the apes.

Brogressives, your king is dead.

Long live the democrat party.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1100
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:39 pm

@Young Kaz wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:The degree to which your judgement hysterically jumps around on random utterances by people and then works on guilt by association is a bit puzzling


Lets get real Trump was slaughtered in the press for not disavowing David Duke's endorsement.  If Biden was singing the praise of Rogan's racist ass endorsement he'd be getting slaughtered by brogressives.


Comparing Rogan to David Duke eh

_________________
Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 29707
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Myesyats on Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:50 pm

Dude he compared Adolf Hitler to PewDiePie

Everyone is a little racist Betty, accept that, yourself included

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 11775
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 23 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum