Donald Trump watch

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 34 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by McLewis on Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:25 pm

@Unique wrote:
@McLewis wrote:
@Myesyats wrote:So Bernie's running again. Isn't he a little too old?

He's 77, Elizabeth Warren is 69 and Joe Biden is 76. Clinton was 69 at the time of the 2016 election as well, the same as Reagan when he took office in 1980. Trump is 72 currently and he shows all of it everyday. They're all too damn old tbh. They could perfect candidates ideologically to me, but that makes no real difference if they keel over while in office.

Just as there's cutoff point for being too young to be President, I really believe there should be one for being too old as well. 35 to 60 sounds about right.
would the us not be better off picking the right person for the job anf not the right age.

A reasonable concept, except none of them are the right person. Age for a POTUS, however, is a practical matter however as when they die before their term ends, it can cause a crisis, especially if the VP and/or Speaker are dubious characters.

Our 2 youngest in Kennedy (43) and Teddy Roosevelt (42) are revered as 2 of our best ever presidents so there is a precedent here. Bill Clinton is up there as well and he was 46 when elected. This isn't completely monolithic though (US Grant, whom I rate as one of our worst, was also 46 when elected). There's also Grover Cleveland, another terrible one, who was 47 when elected.

What I can say though is that history has told us that the older they are at election, the worse or ineffective they tend to be. Beyond him there's Reagan, Trump, Buchanan, WH Harrison (was 68 at the time of election and he died a month after inauguration from pneumonia), Jackson, and Taylor, none of which were (or are in Trump's case) considered good POTUS.

The ages of the current Dem field are: Klobuchar (58), Delaney (55), Harris (54), Gillibrand (52), Booker (49), Castro (44), Buttigieg (37), and Gabbard (37). All are much younger than Trump, Clinton or Sanders so barring assassination or a serious disease, there's no threat of them dying suddenly in office. Policy-wise, it remains to be seen if they are good candidates though. We'll find that out this year.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:29 pm

@McLewis wrote:
@Myesyats wrote:So Bernie's running again. Isn't he a little too old?

He's 77, Elizabeth Warren is 69 and Joe Biden is 76. Clinton was 69 at the time of the 2016 election as well, the same as Reagan when he took office in 1980. Trump is 72 currently and he shows all of it everyday. They're all too damn old tbh. They could perfect candidates ideologically to me, but that makes no real difference if they keel over while in office.

Just as there's cutoff point for being too young to be President, I really believe there should be one for being too old as well. 35 to 60 sounds about right.

Completely agreed. 70+ is way too old to represent anything other than the old folks' home.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:12 pm

I'm fine electing a representative or senator over 70 as long as they seem to be active in Congress and show a sharpness of mind. Just because you're 70 doesn't mean you've all of a sudden lost your cognitive ability.

However I agree that when it comes to the presidency, I feel a little concerned when you've reached past your early 70's. The presidency is a four year job and one that could extend to 8 years. If you're close to 80 at any time during that 8 year potential term....you're too old and you're a risk. Even if cognitively you're fine.

Biden is too old. Sanders likewise. Warren is pushing it. Although she looks great for someone who is 69. Would have guessed early 60's.

I wouldn't go as far as to make a trend regarding age and effectiveness like McLewis though. I imagine if you graphed that data (however you managed to categorize it), you would have a lot of noise.

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:34 am

Well like I said, electing a candidate that is too old is a matter of practicality as well as preference. The older a POTUS is, the higher the risks of them not making through a full term.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:34 am

Let's have a 'Bernie Sanders Watch' or 'Democrat Presidential Candidate Race' for such issues.

BTW, I don't think he is going to win the nomination.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:46 pm

The 'no collusion' conclusion from Mueller's report gives Trump's 2020 bid a serious boost.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:47 pm

@Art Morte wrote:The 'no collusion' conclusion from Mueller's report gives Trump's 2020 bid a serious boost.

Is there a conclusion from a legit source?

I won't trust the guy who Trump appointed to stop the investigation.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:57 pm

have to hand it to trump. the guy could fall into a pile of dog shit and get up smelling of roses Laughing

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:11 pm

If that's true then they should release the entire report

Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:12 pm

The US is known for its transparency

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:53 pm

The report has not been released to the public. William Barr's statement about Mueller's report is his own so it holds virtually no water with me.

Frankly, I want to read the report for myself. I don't trust Barr because I don't trust any Trump appointee at this point. Half want to protect him and half want to protect themselves. None of them want us to know the real truth of what's going on.

And besides, even if this report ends up not producing the smoking gun we expected it to, there's still the investigations being run by the SDNY and NY's Attorney General. Those could be just as damaging to Trump. This is not over by a long shot.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:00 am

@Freeza wrote:
@Art Morte wrote:The 'no collusion' conclusion from Mueller's report gives Trump's 2020 bid a serious boost.

There isn't. We're getting the Justice department summary.

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:03 am

@Freeza wrote:The US is known for its transparency

...among NSA employees Laughing

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:28 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Freeza wrote:

There isn't. We're getting the Justice department summary.

I don't really know how to feel here. I don't think Barr would have the gall to blatantly lie, I think there is more to lose there than there is to gain. To that end, I think that it's likely that what Barr wrote as far as overall conclusions is likely fairly accurate to what Mueller wrote as his overall recommendations.

However, it's pretty clear that this is an opportunity for the Trump administration to get in ahead of the Mueller report and frame it positively for Trump, so I don't think what Barr wrote is even close to the full story. I personally would be surprised if there was not a lot in there that doesn't at least look bad for Trump.

However, from what I've listened to and read, it seems like Mueller did what he could with what he had. DOJ policy currently being that you cannot indict a President and without getting an interview, it seems like Mueller couldn't reach the necessary threshold to accuse Trump of obstruction of justice even if there was evidence there ("this does not exonerate him" seems to indicate that).

For the some of the same reasons, I'm sure not all loose ends with the Russia investigation could be tied up. It's hard to say much there, though.

It's a boost for now, but we have to wait for the full report.

NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:22 pm

This whole "collusion" thing was a farce from day 1. Trump, to this day, with every mass media in the world grilling him 24/7 and after everything he has said and done and tweeted, still has approval ratings above 42 % among the US population. Yet a couple of Russia originated memes on social media are to be blamed for Trump. "The Russians did it." Laughing

Simpsons makers must be running out of ideas, reality has long surpassed them.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:51 pm

@futbol wrote:This whole "collusion" thing was a farce from day 1. Trump, to this day, with every mass media in the world grilling him 24/7 and after everything he has said and done and tweeted, still has approval ratings above 42 % among the US population. Yet a couple of Russia originated memes on social media are to be blamed for Trump. "The Russians did it." Laughing

It's really hilarious

-Journalists wake up.
-Write about what a terrible president/human Trump
-Pat each other on the back after getting 10k+ RT on tweets regarding Trump
-Meanwhile nothing they put out (no matter how legit) ever affects Trump nor it ever will.
-Goes back to sleep for another day of the same.

Trump will finish his term. Most likely will get a 2nd too at this rate.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue on Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:05 pm

@RealGunner wrote:
@futbol wrote:This whole "collusion" thing was a farce from day 1. Trump, to this day, with every mass media in the world grilling him 24/7 and after everything he has said and done and tweeted, still has approval ratings above 42 % among the US population. Yet a couple of Russia originated memes on social media are to be blamed for Trump. "The Russians did it." Laughing

It's really hilarious

-Journalists wake up.
-Meanwhile nothing they put out (no matter how legit) ever affects Trump nor it ever will.

Dems, liberal, and MSM are some of the dumbest people. They are absolutely doing their best to get Trump his second term. If they really wanted to go after Trump they should go after him based on corruptions, because he is vastly more susceptible in that area not some crazy Tom Clancy conspiracy. The Dems have the ability to go after Trump taxes, but they won't because they are not serious. Secondly if they want to blame someone they should blame Jim Comey the former FBI directer his statements leading up to the election was much more impactful, Nate Silver labeled that moment as the turning point for Trump. Yet that guy is on book tours and lauded as a liberal hero lol.

The whole Russiagate was idiotic, clickbait, and most impotently incredibly dangerous. The Dems and MSM basically put Trump in a position to dare him to go in conflict with Russia, basically giving Trump the freedom to take vast military actions in Syria, Iran, Venezuela and other areas where US and Russia interest collide. Pretty much Trump had little to no opposition, because you can not in one hand say he is working for the Russians and than oppose him when he does act against them. Also it is a bad precedent for future presidents especially progressives like Sanders and Warren who undoubtedly do not seek stronger sanctions against them, and do not seek the cold war mentality of the US mobs.

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam on Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:27 am

Um, they are investigating him for all kinds of corruption. Not just Congress but also the SDNY has ongoing investigations into all kinds of shady shit.

I agree that Comey is a piece of shit, though.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:35 am

@RealGunner wrote:

It's really hilarious

-Journalists wake up.

Nothing affects him?

Have you even seen his twitter rants and interviews?

Everything affects him.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:59 am

rofl This nonsense is incredible

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:49 am

He's so fucking embarrassing

NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:14 am

@CBarca wrote:He's so fucking embarrassing

What's really embarrassing is that you elected him as POTUS

Fuck me what a shit show

The beacon of humanity is like a drunken adult shitting in his pants in public

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:54 pm

Just curious, who was more embarrassing and a disaster in waiting; Trump or Boris???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:03 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@CBarca wrote:He's so fucking embarrassing

What's really embarrassing is that you elected him as POTUS

Fuck me what a shit show

The beacon of humanity is like a drunken adult shitting in his pants in public

No need to remind me ffs. One of the worst nights of my life

NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:24 pm

Just wondering but since trump has been president has crime rates gone up. Has unemployment gone up. Has the quality of education and healthcare gone down. Is there a housing crisis in the USA. These are the most important things to the American people. Let’s forget about a bunch of Europeans hating trump because he won’t just open the borders to his country so anyone can just walk in. I’m talking about the important domestic stuff how badly has he fucked that up or hasn’t he.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue on Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:44 am

@Freeza wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:

It's really hilarious

-Journalists wake up.

Nothing affects him?

Have you even seen his twitter rants and interviews?

Everything affects him.

The issue is Trump loves it, he absolutely gets off on the attention and focus he receives from the media. He is a classical sociopath; why else do you think he left his comfortable billionaire lifestyle for pressure cocker in DC?

The gratification he gets from the media and power he wields as the president undoubtedly gets him off. For Trump the lack of attention is worse.

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum