+4
sportsczy
Freeza
halamadrid2
Mr Nick09
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

La liga: Getafe vs Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: La liga: Getafe vs Real Madrid

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:59 pm

there is such a thing as over rotating a squad and changing formation too frequently, leading to poorer results

Always a new line up, always a new set of players, you can both rest players and expect the team to roll out and win all games.

There is a balance to find, this season we have not found it yet, hopefully it comes

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

La liga: Getafe vs Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: La liga: Getafe vs Real Madrid

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:06 pm

@Bill Asensio could not play the Isco role because he isn't a midfielder. Isco is always up there above Modric for passes made a distant second obviously behind Kroos.

Asensio firsly only uses one foot, can't use his body to shield the ball, is too afraid to dribble, doesn't have the best off the ball movement and drifts in and out of games. If anyone is similar to Isco in the team it is Ceballos. Asensio needs to learn from Ronaldo and co because it's them he'll be replacing in the future. Also he is very fortunate he's playing under ZZ and not Carlo etc.

Guys like Isco have been through ostracism, coaches who don't rote, having to play in a range of different positions to get minutes etc. ZZ is basically letting Asensio plwy himself into form. If this was Carlo today, this would be the last we heard of him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:17 pm

We're getting a ton of chances a game... our finishing has been pathetic. That's our only real problem. We give teams hope unnecessarily and then are forced to grind it out.

The finishing will come. The guys that are missing won't miss forever.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:20 pm

Hala, Asensio is an AM, has been for almost all his career. He played the exact same position as Isco last year with U21 whereas Ceballos was a CM. And last couple of NT games Asensio placed in Isco's spot when Isco wasn't in game and yes he was dribbling all over the place. I think you are making a misjudgment on his capabilities. For sure something is wrong with him, several games of late, but he is a talent, but I do agree he still has a lot to learn.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:31 pm

Asensio is best on the right
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:32 pm

Oh yes, Carlo would have sent Asensio into purgatory by now. Lovely manager but his distrust for things "youthful" is legendary at this point. Also, this is just growing pains for Asensio. He'll have more bad or meh matches before he finds his real form. We just need patience with him in that regard. Disagree with Hala's assessment bar the off the ball and one footed way. He really is sluggish with respect to the former.

Anyway, today was just a lazy display and we got the win. Hopefully Atleti Barca end in a draw so we can close the gap a bit.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:45 pm

@Bill, No Asensio was a winger for Spain U21. I don't know whar position he played at Mallorca but he played all 3 midfield positions for Espanyol. And has only played as a LW for Spain same position he plays for RM. He will obviously play himself into form soon, he is a quality player but there's alot of competitiin so he can't keep having these lackluster games.

@Sport, I agree, chances are there just not the finishing yet. Though I'll say we were pretty terrible today. Getafe's heavy metal pressing didn't help either. They didn't give us a second on the ball before they surrounded us with a bunch of players. Benz looked more enthusiastic than Bale has looked this season. Proper energetic performance. Bale should beware, because once the frontline is set he'll find it hard to get in
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:47 pm

Doc wrote:Oh yes, Carlo would have sent Asensio into purgatory by now. Lovely manager but his distrust for things "youthful" is legendary at this point. Also, this is just growing pains for Asensio. He'll have more bad or meh matches before he finds his real form. We just need patience with him in that regard. Disagree with Hala's assessment bar the off the ball and one footed way. He really is sluggish with respect to the former.

Anyway, today was just a lazy display and we got the win. Hopefully Atleti Barca end in a draw so we can close the gap a bit.
Oh come on, don't tell me you have no more ambition than that. I mean personally I'd prefer an Atleti win but thats just me hmm Proud
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:53 pm

Watch for Bale's agent to pull the "must play the LW position" again. I actually hope he does something stupid like that again and I'll bet he'll get a different reaction from Flo (and Zidane).

@Hala, when you see Asensio on LW or RW he is still an AM. In case you haven't noticed the majority of his goals have come from top of box (neither left not right nor as a forward would do). Agree with Doc he is still finding his form and as I said earlier I believe you are making a misjudgment.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:02 pm

I'm more inclined to hope Atleti win but a draw is actually way more suitable for us than either one winning.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Atleti are not our competitor anymore in terms of winning the league. Barca are. So the more points Barca lose the better. Don't care about Atleti anymore because come the end of season we'll probably be 10 points ahead of them. If Griezmann can have one great big game performance I'll be grareful but there's more chance of him getting lost in Umtiti's pocket than him doing us a favour tbh
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2