Whomstd Will Stop Napoli from Winning the Scudetto?

+15
Ion Creanga
breva
Interman
RealGunner
Robespierre
CBarca
Tomwin Lannister
BarrileteCosmico
Warrior
Firenze
rincon
InterMalia
Kaladin
Hapless_Hans
Luca
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Whomstd Will Stop Napoli from Winning the Scudetto? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whomstd Will Stop Napoli from Winning the Scudetto?

Post by Warrior Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:15 pm

VAR, the almighty instrument that permits justice... when it comes to Inter games only

Every wrong decision taken by VAR against Juventus after the ref made a correct call, that's justice ? damn i thought "justice" was more than an incidental concept that's only there to satisfy your double standards Rolling Eyes

don't get me wrong, it has potential to serve the REAL justice, but right now it's controversial to say the least

Robespierre wrote:
I don't dare to imagine the level of pressure in April if they are first in the table , and they players and coach have won nothing. Now it is easier .

Agreed. Same as us in Champions League.

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Whomstd Will Stop Napoli from Winning the Scudetto? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whomstd Will Stop Napoli from Winning the Scudetto?

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:53 pm

awwwww it's that time of the year where Juve fans pretend that another team has a chance to win the scudetto

Can't wait to bump this in feb

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:55 pm

Warrior wrote:VAR, the almighty instrument that permits justice... when it comes to Inter games only

Every wrong decision taken by VAR against Juventus after the ref made a correct call, that's justice ? damn i thought "justice" was more than an incidental concept that's only there to satisfy your double standards [smiley]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/smiley]

don't get me wrong, it has potential to serve the REAL justice, but right now it's controversial to say the least

I don't dare to imagine the level of pressure in April if they are first in the table , and they players and coach have won nothing. Now it is easier .

Agreed. Same as us in Champions League.

Var balance so far : 21 decisions were correct thanks to Var , 4 mistakes made by Var.
There is not other to add.
It is working.
It is weird that just Juve fans are against it in Serie A, but ok I don't want to know the reasons.
Anyway so far Var has just changed one decision for Inter : a free kick converted in penalty kick because the fould indeed was in area... The other times has just confirmed the ref's decisions (indeed those were correct).

Last edited by Robespierre on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Interman Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:57 pm

Too soon.

a few years back, Roma had a 10 win start, yet ended up 20 points behind Juve.

Interman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:04 pm

4 mistakes by VAR, cost Juve 2 points with a potential of 8.

You forgot a penalty awarded to Inter after a dive by Icardi. Should have been reviewed and disallowed by VAR but it was not, because the use of it is not methodical and it's the referee who has to call his own errors.

But yes, that's justice. Nothing but the pendulum striking back after the Calciopoli and years of league domination.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:08 pm

The problem with the VAR is it's not being used clearly for situations

You're not supposed to be able to pressure the ref, yet after bitching VAR was used against us for a foul half way up the pitch by Lichtsteiner to rule out a goal? Lol if they go down that road then I want a review of every *bleep* goal ever in the future in case a missed foul happened in the build up

Should be for penalties and red cards. Not to retroactively punish random fouls. Especially when they aren't consistent and just randomly decide to go back.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:26 pm

it was "only" 20 seconds before the goal, it seems like you don't know what justice is, Tom Rolling Eyes

My suggestion: In the future there will be no referees during the games, it will be open play all the time. After the game, VAR will review the 90+ minutes and disallow/invent goals according to what would have been the consequences of every single foul.
Then the VAR representatives will communicate the official & righteous result.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:16 pm

Warrior wrote:it was "only" 20 seconds before the goal, it seems like you don't know what justice is, Tom [smiley]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/smiley]

My suggestion: In the future there will be no referees during the games, it will be open play all the time. After the game, VAR will review the 90+ minutes and disallow/invent goals according to what would have been the consequences of every single foul.
Then the VAR representatives will communicate the official & righteous result.
Unreal hallucinatory state.
I think you have invented everything.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:40 pm

Its funny that only Juve fans are against VAR
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:42 pm

ES wrote:Its funny that only Juve fans are against VAR

I think its only warrior to be honest

And its fine to admit it isn't perfect, neither is refereeing and its use hasn't been consistent but given that its the first season and October, I'd say that's just part of the big change that it is

Really upset that ya'll ruined a perfectly good thread

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:43 pm

tbh I don't mind VAR as long as decisions go to the teams i support (juve, Inter, Napoli mainly)
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:47 pm

Just you wait until this reaches PL, i guarantee you it will make headlines and controversies for weeks, Pep will give an insane promo about it to rival his 'More than you believe' promo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:30 am

Luca will soon develop a permanent grudge against me for constantly derailing his threads Laughing

For the 10th time, i'm not even against VAR as principle.
But i definitely disagree with those whomstd've say it's a perfect system as it is right now. When it matters the most, which is in title race games (so Juve games), VAR is a factor that contributes at FALSIFYING the real results. Please tell me i do not hallucinate this ?

When a serious use is made out of this tool i swear you'll never read my complaints again.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:57 am

Napoli plays beautiful football. Unless Inter can get their crap together, hope they win.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:26 am

Napoli
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:14 pm

RealGunner wrote:awwwww it's that time of the year where Juve fans pretend that another team has a chance to win the scudetto

Can't wait to bump this in feb

And I'll give you an upventus when you do
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:30 pm

We only need to wait until December
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:37 pm

And not even that is enough , Napoli was Campione d'Italia on 1st half of season '15-'16 , but then Juve won it with three matches in advance.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:22 pm

Anyway even if I rate Juve still as the favorite, it is a good thread tbh.
Now take away the usual things on jinx etc I don't think it was even the real objective, but Luca wanted to underline how much is relevant this Napoli. And they're damn strong at the moment, maybe we underrate it just because they are named Napoli . their gamestyle , both beautiful and effective, reinforces the overall perception that it might be realy the good year for abdication.
Anyway I think this is a crucial year for Napoli . A point of no return. The last train. They have the duty to win it .
Stop on winning the league of aesthetics , it's time to convert the utopia into reality - and so winning- if you want to be remembered really in football.
Otherwise you 'll be just an utopia. a thing that likes much at the beginning but at the end never satisfies you.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:50 pm

robes, you're such a GOAT poster

I think they're legit and both Roma and Napoli had seasons last year which would win the scudetto 9 times out of 10.

Juventus is still amazing but we have become top heavy, relying on an older back line and an influx of players to raise the level of the group. I don't think people realize how hard it is to sign 5-6 players every season and try to not only integrate them but to focus on them, all while seeing important players going the other way.

Now back to Napoli, this is a big part of their strength. The same core, Sarri going to be Sarri, Zelinski/Diawara will only be better for them in their second season's respectively. Mertens isn't slowing down, Callejon has mastered his role and Insigne has become a legit star in Serie A.

They have no weaknesses in my opinion and they kept together for the belief of winning this Serie A, what a win it would be too.

I think it will go really late and with all the quality at the top, it would be an amazing achievement for whichever team comes out on top

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:39 am

Robespierre :bow:

Luca cheers

On a side-note, what/how is their squad depth? I have the occasional Napoli games and they look really good (and balanced) throughout the field (OK, may they can do better than Reina). But more often than not such campaigns get derailed due to injury/suspension/form of 1-2 players. (We know that all too well. :brickwall: )
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:23 pm

Reina is a weakness. Other than that their depth is good.

Rafael; Rui, Maksimovic, Chiriches, Maggio; Rog, Diawara, Zielniski; Giaccherini, Milik, Ounas

Defense and mid are very well covered. Attack is the potential problem. Insigne and Mertens are too important since Milik got injured again. Inglese will join them in January.

Last season their depth worked well and they reinforced a little this summer. They got 86 points, their only bad patch where they lost the title was when Milik got injured at the start of the season and they hadn't figured out Mertens as striker. Outside of that moment they kept pace.

This year they have 7 points more than at this round last year. If they could recreate their campaign of last season from this moment on, they win the title.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:53 pm

rincon wrote:Reina is a weakness. Other than that their depth is good.

Rafael; Rui, Maksimovic, Chiriches, Maggio; Rog, Diawara, Zielniski; Giaccherini, Milik, Ounas

Defense and mid are very well covered. Attack is the potential problem. Insigne and Mertens are too important since Milik got injured again. Inglese will join them in January.

Last season their depth worked well and they reinforced a little this summer. They got 86 points, their only bad patch where they lost the title was when Milik got injured at the start of the season and they hadn't figured out Mertens as striker. Outside of that moment they kept pace.

This year they have 7 points more than at this round last year. If they could recreate their campaign of last season from this moment on, they win the title.
Thanks Rincon. BTW, is it your real name or have you fashioned it after that Colombian player?

Yes, the striking department looks poor. May be they should take Sturridge on loan in January. Razz

and a decent RB wouldn't do any harm either. :coffee:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:26 pm

iftikhar wrote: Thanks Rincon. BTW, is it your real name or have you fashioned it after that Colombian player?

neither hmm

Rincon is a Juve legend from Venezuela.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:34 pm

Good call, Reina is hot garbage in goal

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:35 pm

Very excited to see how they lose at Manchester next week
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next