urbaNRoots
Vlad the Impaler
BarcaLearning
Chumlum
Firenze
82 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 12 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by Unique Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:43 am

people giving pep stick but is there any fans from other clubs that wouldent take him tomorrow

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 12 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:46 am

Unique wrote:people giving pep stick but is there any fans from other clubs that wouldent take him tomorrow

I would because it would mean we would spend near half a billion on our squad cheers
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:55 am

I would take BarcaLearning over Mourinho
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:56 am

Firenze wrote:I would take BarcaLearning over Mourinho
awoooOooooooooooooo
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:56 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
Unique wrote:people giving pep stick but is there any fans from other clubs that wouldent take him tomorrow

I would because it would mean we would spend near half a billion on our squad cheers

Hmm, Arsenal job is probably the most challenging one in football right now, so it will be a NO from Pep. football eritage mate rofl

He'll go to Juve or PSG, that sounds more like Guardiola
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:01 am

Firenze wrote:I would take BarcaLearning over Mourinho
rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:06 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Pep Guardiola crashing in the quarter finals after spending half a billion on a shiny new squad shouldn't go unnoticed despite Roma's incredible comeback.

Reminder that Pellegrini did reach the semifinals with far less and was ridiculed by even City fans.

I thought of that too. Justice for Pellegrini. Got past tougher opponents than Monaco and Liverpool, too.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 17, 2018 10:36 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu May 17, 2018 11:34 pm

S wrote:
meh. he will be sacked next season. :coffee:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Fri May 18, 2018 4:16 am

Unique wrote:
S wrote:
meh. he will be sacked next season. :coffee:

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 12 Laughter
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri May 18, 2018 4:18 am

if he wasn't sacked after a 0 trophy season and spending 500 million he won't be sacked period tbh (predict this happening again within the next 2 seasons tbh)

he will either stay until 2021 or leave of his own will
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri May 18, 2018 4:54 am

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 12 DdFuHHSW0AISyAZ

He won the PL in record-breaking fashion and won the league cup as well.

Got knocked out in the CL quarters, and the 5th round of the FA Cup.

Good season. Seems like the objective is to retain the PL next year though, which would make him only the second manager to do it in the last decade I believe.

Judging by recent interviews, he values creating a PL dynasty higher than a CL win. League titles require an incredibly high level of consistency, and the thing is he isn't playing in a league where his team has a much higher talent advantage. There are other top teams in the PL who will also spend the money required to win the league, which wasn't the case previously.

I definitely want to see City make a better run in the CL though. I thought this year was still too early for them to be contenders, but he'll have the next 3 years to make a serious run in the competition. Assuming he learns from his own mistakes and the players continue developing, then that should be possible.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri May 18, 2018 4:59 am

Casciavit wrote:Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 12 DdFuHHSW0AISyAZ

He won the PL in record-breaking fashion and won the league cup as well.

Got knocked out in the CL quarters, and the 5th round of the FA Cup.

Good season. Seems like the objective is to retain the PL next year though, which would make him only the second manager to do it in the last decade I believe.

Judging by recent interviews, he values creating a PL dynasty higher than a CL win. League titles require an incredibly high level of consistency, and the thing is he isn't playing in a league where his team has a much higher talent advantage. There are other top teams in the PL who will also spend the money required to win the league, which wasn't the case previously.

I definitely want to see City make a better run in the CL though. I thought this year was still too early for them to be contenders, but he'll have the next 3 years to make a serious run in the competition. Assuming he learns from his own mistakes and the players continue developing, then that should be possible.
what.... rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 18, 2018 5:02 am

I definitely thought it was too early, said that all season long that I felt their team lacked experience.

With that said there can be no excuses for how they went out because Pep is fully to blame for that.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri May 18, 2018 5:02 am

tbh pep will do well in the UCL next season as long as he dont draw klopp and liverpool. if he does it will be a short haircut with a sharp blade. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri May 18, 2018 5:05 am

Unique pls go.

United? They're linked to a new big player for big money every day.

Liverpool? Naby Keita is coming. You are being linked with Fekir too, last I heard.

Don't know much about Chelsea, but I'm sure they'll also look to improve considering they didn't make it to the CL.

Can't say much about Arsenal until they have a new coach.

So how am I wrong? All those teams are spending big money to challenge. Pep never had that at Bayern for example.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri May 18, 2018 5:07 am

Casciavit wrote:Unique pls go.

United? They're linked to a new big player for big money every day.

Liverpool? Naby Keita is coming. You are being linked with Fekir too, last I heard.

Don't know much about Chelsea, but I'm sure they'll also look to improve considering they didn't make it to the CL.

Can't say much about Arsenal until they have a new coach.

So how am I wrong? All those teams are spending big money to challenge. Pep never had that at Bayern for example.
dude klopp has peps number on speed dial ffs.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri May 18, 2018 5:08 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I definitely thought it was too early, said that all season long that I felt their team lacked experience.

With that said there can be no excuses for how they went out because Pep is fully to blame for that.

I agree. City was totally outclassed lol. Seems like Pool is their bogey team. It'll be interesting to see how he combats it next year.

I'm thinking he'll just stick to his ways and just play better ball players instead.

Stones-Laporte-Jorginho is much better in the build up than Kompany-Otamendi-Fernandinho lol.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 18, 2018 5:10 am

The thing is they are such a bogey team that he over compensates for it which honestly just makes it worst.

As great as Klopp is Pep made it even worse for himself. I can't see how you can do anything but criticise Pep for that loss.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri May 18, 2018 5:21 am

His tinkering is one of his greatest strengths but also seems to have turned into a weakness in those big European games.

Personally before the Liverpool game I thought City should try to do something different. Their regular 4-3-3 also got outclassed in Anfield a few months before lol, so the 3-4-3 didn't really surprise me.

In theory it sounded good. More numbers in the build up, and if you bypass Liverpool's press, KDB and Silva would end up overloading Henderson.

Obviously the implementation wasn't very good, and the lack of outlet on the RW ended up hurting them. But I still think they would've lost even if they played with a 4-3-3 tbh.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 18, 2018 5:29 am

Most of the goals Liverpool scored in that 4-3 win were due to defensive errors which never happened all season.

So I don't agree really, I would have personally stuck with what they did all season.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri May 18, 2018 7:33 am

In football their are 2 basic approach either you take initiative or you punish those who take initiative, Pep, Sarri, Tuchel are type who take initiative, while Klopp, Conte, Mou and the current RM don't take initiative. It's the reason why they all struggle in the league, when the team gives them the ball they don't know what to do with it most times, just look at their results against the lower teams.

Klopp record against:

Conte 1-2-1

Mou 0-3-1

Pep 4-1-1

Against Pep:

Klopp plays over to top to take advantage of his high line and hits them on the counter and due to the high line this provides Salah/Mane/Firmino acres of space to work in.

Mou and Conte:

He can't do that against Mou or Conte as they focus on defense and give little space to Liverpool 3, however neither Conte or Mou are good with the offensive side to their games to punish Liverpool defense, hence why they cancel each other out at the end. Even in the CL Klopp faced more attacking oriented teams then defensive ones in this run.

Pep has a better record against Mou/Conte compared to Klopp he can break their defensive shape down with the way his team play and control the game and unlike Klopp teams neither Conte or Mou are that good going forward hence they can't punish Pep side as much as Klopp can.

Pep won't win the CL until he's able to beat teams like Klopp more regularly, RM, Barca, Monaco and now Liverpool all beat him the same way, let him bring the game to us and play the ball over the top and hit them on the counter.

At the end domestically Pep will most likely dominate, while the others may have their best chances in cup games depending on draws.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 18, 2018 9:51 am

Domestically most teams that play in that reactive fashion aren't good enough punish. Pep's teams are always good enough that they'll eventually break that team down, the question is whether they'll concede while doing it. In the CL, that's been the case. Domestically, Southampton, Everton etc just don't have enough quality

Over the course of a league campaign, this works really well.

But it's true that Pep has seem to run into some trouble in the CL. He needs to figure that out (though admittedly it is not at all on him that his last Bayern vs Madrid tie went against him, they dominated overall)
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 18, 2018 5:36 pm

Pep team shave always struggled against high pressing teams. Is it any wonder he would struggle against Klopp?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 18, 2018 5:52 pm

CBarca wrote:Domestically most teams that play in that reactive fashion aren't good enough punish. Pep's teams are always good enough that they'll eventually break that team down, the question is whether they'll concede while doing it. In the CL, that's been the case. Domestically, Southampton, Everton etc just don't have enough quality

Over the course of a league campaign, this works really well.

But it's true that Pep has seem to run into some trouble in the CL. He needs to figure that out (though admittedly it is not at all on him that his last Bayern vs Madrid tie went against him, they dominated overall)

Is this a new Pep thing ? Dominating while losing 5-0 ? scratch
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 18, 2018 5:54 pm

Pretty sure CB must be talking about Atletico, Bayern were really unlucky in that tie.

I hope so anyway Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next