BarrileteCosmico
Nishankly
Firenze
VivaStPauli
Interman
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Dortmund finished? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Dortmund finished?

Post by Thimmy Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:38 am

As for Dortmund, I don't think the coach or manager is the main issue, but they need to sign better defenders who aren't far past their best, and that just doesn't seem to be a priority for them. Personally, I really would have wished that they had kept Lucien Favre. I assume they fired him to paper over the cracks in their team building and injury absences at key points in the season, which is what most notable clubs seem to do.

They're playing a risky game by putting the majority of the focus on not only offensive-minded talent, but young talent as well. I imagine they're doing very well economy-wise, but the club is always going to be a stepping stone for future prospects, as long as they ignore or fail to strengthen their defense.

And from what I can tell, that seems to be their intention. They pride themselves on nurturing young players and eventually selling them for profit. It's been a sustainable business strategy for them, but it reflects negatively on their ambitions.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:27 pm

Thx for the details, its a bit strange how u seem to do the test everyday but only came out positive a few days into the symptoms... I agree the vax are pretty useless by now, I figured the best way is naturally immunity. Although I thought the covid passport means u need to be vaxed to get it? Or just being negative is ok? Hope u recover soon, hang in there n take the needed rest. Can enjoy the football on the weekend~

Thats true regarding Dortmund's strategy. I guess just being top 4 is ok with them so from that perspective they are very successful.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:02 pm

There are two ways to get a Covid passport. One is to prove that you got a vaccine within x amount of time ago. The other is to test positive on a PCR test, which from what I understand would make you immune for a period of time since you will develop antibodies. None of this reduces the risk of spreading the virus, so I'm not sure why there's so much emphasis on immunity and vaccination for travelers.

I personally believe that herd immunity or a period of complete, social isolation was the ideal solution from the start, but there are hardly any populations on this planet that are disciplined enough to achieve that, and of course there's always going to be divisive politics involved.

There's also the ethical issue of how to protect the elderly and those who are at risk of serious illness and death from contracting the virus when going for the herd immunity alternative - and so vaccines turned out to be a more realistic option for most nations.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2