salmano9
rincon
Warrior
juve_gigi
Luca
16 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Juventus 2017/2018 Champions League Winners Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Juventus 2017/2018 Champions League Winners Thread

Post by rincon Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:34 am

This game is more important than Inter's. Dybala needs to play, he can rest during the weekend, or more likely, against Bologna.

If we lose against Inter we still have over half a league to make that up, if we dont win today we could be in for a world of trouble.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Juventus 2017/2018 Champions League Winners Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Juventus 2017/2018 Champions League Winners Thread

Post by juvealbanian Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:04 am

Not only Dybala.We should rest Higuain as well.
Mandzukic upfront with Berna and Costa or Cuadrado behind him should do it against Olympiakos imo.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:16 am

What's the point of resting players in a must win game to play them in a game were a draw and loss doesn't kill you?

Allegri said it too, this is the first decisive game of the season, in the league there is time, in this game there are no rematches.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:30 pm

Losing against Inter would kill me for sure.

Whilst i agree about the importance of this CL game, i see the opponent is Udinese level, so i would not mind resting some key players. Higuain for example.

2-0 classic Juve win
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:22 pm

So Buffon and Pjanic are doubts, so they might be rested to prevent issues. Buffon particularly is almost surely gonna be protected. Szczesny and Marchisio will play if those don't make it. Chiellini is unavailable. Reported 11:

Szczesny; De Sciglio, Barzagli, Benatia, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Marchisio, Matuidi; Dybala, Douglas Costa; Higuain
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:25 am

We did it

Also, I never, ever, want to see anyone saying we should rest anyone for a CL match in favour of a league match when qualification isn't confirmed. Not particularly anyone here but I've seen it everywhere that we should've rested Dybala and everyone we could. Why? First of all, this same group of people [not anyone particular here but you know who you are], repeatedly like to discuss how Juventus is incapable of moving forward in Europe and then when it comes down to risking qualification or a league match, the league match gets prioritized. I don't care that the league match is against Inter, even if they beat us 5-0, we can recover in the league. We would not have been able to say the same here if we bottled qualification on the last day. In fact, these were Allegri's sentiments exactly, when asked about resting players and the importance of this match.

I'm happy we got it done and BERNARDESCHI [BERN], comes on and scores @rincon @warrior
Great goal too, Pjaca-esque

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:33 am

Luca wrote:We did it

Also, I never, ever, want to see anyone saying we should rest anyone for a CL match in favour of a league match when qualification isn't confirmed. Not particularly anyone here but I've seen it everywhere that we should've rested Dybala and everyone we could. Why? First of all, this same group of people [not anyone particular here but you know who you are], repeatedly like to discuss how Juventus is incapable of moving forward in Europe and then when it comes down to risking qualification or a league match, the league match gets prioritized. I don't care that the league match is against Inter, even if they beat us 5-0, we can recover in the league. We  would not have been able to say the same here if we bottled qualification on the last day. In fact, these were Allegri's sentiments exactly, when asked about resting players and the importance of this match.

I'm happy we got it done and BERNARDESCHI [BERN], comes on and scores @rincon @warrior
Great goal too, Pjaca-esque

Because he is burnt, he needs rest. He is playing awful few matches in a row even Allegri confirmed it. If he was fit and firing I wouldn't mind playing him, but he looks burnt, nervous and I think he needs a rest. We should be and must be able to beat teams like Olympiacos with DC and Berna if not we don't deserve the big eared trophy.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:37 am

I don't mean Dybala specifically, although I agree and particularly in the CL, he's been quite poor this season but I mean in general, this was not a game to rest players

We could probably beat Inter with Douglas and Bern too, its not that unbelievable, we have a great team

My premise is that the CL is never to be taken lightly, in fact, if we had a better showing we would not have left it to the last day to qualify

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:47 am

Missed the match but i saw the highlights... half of the video was celebrations so i'd suppose it was boring at best.

Sczeszny seems a very agressive goalkeeper, and frankly i appreciate that. His attitude shows confidence. Confronts the attackers and with those extra centimeters he is able to cover wider angles. Overall it's clear that he is a much better choice than Neto.

Bernardeschi scored his first goal in Champions League ! Well deserved, he is an honest, humble person and a hard worker. Tremendous shooting and understanding of the game. Him & Dybala are quite similar, can't wait until Allegri decides to associate them in a 4-3-2-1... (but i WILL have to w8 since nobody is in misform currently)
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:58 am

If Cuadrado plays like he did today then he'll be benched shortly, got the goal but bottled a lot of attacks. Probably just some rust from a couple games off with injury

Bernardeschi has all the tools to become a world class player. He's big, strong, fast and has great technique. Lets just hope he has the right mind for a top team. I trust Allegri. I would've loved to see the substitution about 25 minutes earlier, but he came on in the 83rd and scored anyways.

I really liked that Allegri subbed off Dybala and went with Pjanic, changing to a three man midfield. This has been a growing trend lately which is good.

Overall, a goal in the first 15 minutes is everything you could ask for in a game like this. Onto the round of 16 drinking

Lets see which English team we get

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:28 am

I knew Higuain Dybala and also Costa would underperform and you can easily see these guys need a rest sometime.
I don't think we were risking qualification against a side which we should be able to smash even with our worst bench players.We could have made it with Mandzo and Berna.

Inter match is more important than you think. If we take the league lead now and let no one as "winter champions" other teams will be under huge pressure while we continue our road to 7th title.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:08 am

I get the point but I still think it would be too much of a disaster if we hadn't qualified yesterday to risk it. Against Inter we should see Mandzukic back to harass Nagatomo Proud

Chiellini, Mandzu, Pjanic back in it. Costa rested.

Then rest Dybala and Higuain vs Bologna and start Mandzu as CF and Berna-Costa behind him with a mid 3 imo.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:45 am

Spurs we got.

Thoughts ? Serious thoughts ?

The Trollneral Section thread will derail, it's written in the stars.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:39 pm

Thoughts: we got this

Serious thoughts: we still got this.

Its a tough draw I think. It will have to be 2 well worked games. The only concern for me is that the return leg is there, thats never easy. Still, Spurs basically play like a worse version of our game. The last 5 matches have inspired confidence for me. 5 clean sheets in a row including Barca, Napoli and Inter. If we play like we did against Inter or Napoli in their stadium then we should win the tie. In february imo we will be better, its usually like that with Max.

Kane and Erikssen are big threats that have to be handled well.

rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:54 pm

It's a harder matchup than Porto last season. I rate Kane over Higuain and Dybala equal as Eriksen. Yet our defense is well proven.

Funny how i just wrote the same things as you in the Troll section thread... so yes i agree about everything What a Face
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:14 pm

It wont be easy. They have lots of talented players all of them under 25 years.
Kane,Eriksen,Dele Alli,Son , they are pretty dangerous offensively but we might find it easier to score against their defense.
Anyway it's a long time before we play the first match, we need to make sure we have our top players in form.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:15 pm

I forgot Lamela.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:19 pm

I am still upset

In the Champions League:
-Given a 2 goal lead inside of 10 minutes (ok we earned it)
-Great chance for 3-0 at 30ish minute
-Penalty at 45th minute

The silver lining is still being alive in this tie, not that we deserve it after such cowardice. So many negatives that I can't even really see the light at the end of the tunnel. Even our best players didn't play well. I think Pjanic is the only one who looked up to the level of this match. On any other day, you say Higuain played well too, given that he scored a brace, but missing a penalty to complete his hattrick going into half time is such a massive miss.

Buffon in these matches too, I just don't see the point anymore. I can't blame him, but he wasn't a shining star either.

Khedira probably with the worst performance of any player to have even worn a Juve shirt, and Sturaro is on the team

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:34 pm

It was one of the worst performances i've seen since Max took over the club. Still managed to draw and not lose Laughing

Nobody should care that Spurs play "home" (not even their true stadium) for the second leg... if Allegri and our veterans learn the right lessons from yesterday we will pass. Those lessons are quite simple: apply pressure in every area and not only in our zone, be patient with the ball.

I think yesterday we saw the absolute best of Spurs and the absolute worst of Juve. I am confident.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:37 pm

I think it’s one of the worst performances ever. At least the finals were on neutral ground, this was in Torino with 2-0 in 10 minutes. It was fraudulent

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:46 pm

The ones I rescue are Higuain, De Sciglio, Pjanic, Bernardeschi.

Yes, Higuain missed a penalty but he also scored a brace. If the striker scores 2 then you should win the game. That's how I see it. That chance he missed with his left he even created himself. He was sharp and doing the right things, his first goal was unreal finish too.

De Sciglio did everything you could possibly ask him. He even launched the counter that started that Higuain chance in the first half (the miss). Maybe his best match with Juve. He was always there.

Pjanic tried hard all night and 0 competent partners in midfield. Bernardeschi was busy defending the whole time and at least did it well. Earned the penalty and had the shots at goal in the second half. He was ready to do anything, the rest of the team failed.

Khedira had me so mad, the worst game by far I've ever seen him play. 7 passes ffs.

Losing a 2-0 lead at home in CL just doesn't make sense. It does't even matter much to me that Spurs had possession or that we missed a penalty. Going 2-0 up at home means you win the game. That's it. Its a disaster to go out like that.

We can do it London for sure, we just cannot play this carelessly. Please no Khedira, let Mauidi come back and play Marchisio.

I wanna see that 4-4-2 that looked airtight.

Higuain - Dybala
Matuidi - Marchisio - Pjanic - Costa
Sandro - Chiellini - Benatia - De Sciglio
Buffon
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Maybe the problem is precisely getting those 2 goals too early ??

It seems like the whole squad thought Spurs are lowballers and we could play our defensive game against them just like we do with Hellas, Crotone, Bologna and stuff like that. Score then let them attack endlessly and pray for Chiellini to boss them all.

Took them lightly all of a sudden whilst i don't think we underestimated them BEFORE the match.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:09 pm

Warrior wrote:Maybe the problem is precisely getting those 2 goals too early ??

It seems like the whole squad thought Spurs are lowballers and we could play our defensive game against them just like we do with Hellas, Crotone, Bologna and stuff like that. Score then let them attack endlessly and pray for Chiellini to boss them all.

Took them lightly all of a sudden whilst i don't think we underestimated them BEFORE the match.

No, I don't think scoring early was an issue. We started with an offensive formation, we could have easily left Bernardeschi out of the 11 to have as an option for later in the game and add either Bentancur or Marchisio into our line up- in fact, its what I expected to happen. We opted for an offensive line up because Torino is a fortress and it paid dividends instantly. You cannot ask for a better start to a two-legged tie against a tough team.

This game had shades of our 3-0 to Barcelona last season, in which we also scored two goals early- we were up 2-0 after 22 minutes in that game too. Instead we have a reverse of the Bayern match from 2016 in Torino, we were down 2-0 after 55 minutes and drew 2-2, and then we went to Munich and went up 2-0 after 28 minutes and missed 2-3 strong chances to also go up 3-0, and guess what happened? We blew that game too and let them draw it in the 90th and win 4-2 in extra time.

Its the fine differences in these matches that define the ties, Higuain's penalty, Mandzukic's point blank header, Costa's center that was cleared just wide of the net, Bernardeschi's Robben cut and shoot, Higuain's chance to make it 3-0. Can we say we didn't have the chances despite not having the ball for much of the game? On the flip side, we could have easily, EASILY, lost this match too because Tottenham really had the chances to score, they only thing is they hamstringed themselves by having the worst 9 minute start of all time.

Is this tie winnable still? Heck yeah. It's a one-off game now to quote Allegri in which we have to win. I can't see Tottenham playing for a draw, they'll come out to play. We can only hope to have our players fit by the next tie and to have gained an understanding of how to improve. If we don't go through, I'd say that's fair and deserved, if we do, it will be in spite of this performance and not because of it. All can be erased in the next leg but if it was played next week, would expect us to be out, abruptly and without much of a fight based on what we witnessed last night.

All these people talking about how transfers didn't work out and key players left, its a complete load of shit btw. Khedira started last season and we made a CL final and we kept Messi, Suarez and Neymar from scoring over 180 minutes. When did you hear we weren't good enough? After the CL final, when despite Bonucci being on the receiving end of the 4-1, he was a sorely missed absence last night? No. Oh, again after the Lazio super cup game, Juve is finished, average signings, average players- that game was in August, when did we hear this again? Last night. So, while many of our players played like complete dog shit, I will not sit and say that oh my god, we went from Pogba and Vidal to this because guess what? Pogba played in that 4-2 Bayern match and in the Barca CL final. Vidal played in the CL final and the Bayern match the season prior. Don't re-write history based on the stupid nuances of people with nothing better to do than to try and give you a reason for things that does not need to be reasoned with. Now Allegri isn't good, Alex Sandro sucks, even Pjanic sucks? I never want to hear this line of reasoning.

End of my rant.

Love ya'll

Still hate the game

Still kind of mad but not really

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:21 pm

This game could have been like a 5-5 which is absurd for Juventus at home. The 2-2 is not what bothers me the most, in other contexts it can happen. The ridiculously open game with like 10 clear goal chances total is the problem. Too out of character for Juve.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:23 pm

Lets hope its an anomaly and treat it as such. It really was a wild game and as a neutral I'm sure it was quite enjoyable. As a Juve fan, certain aspects hurt- but all in all, the chances were there and really quality chances at that

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:47 pm

The tie is not over by any means

Drop Mandzukic, go back to 433 with Matuidi returning and start with a Dybala-Costa-Higuain frontline

Atleast we know we have to attack now, no more sitting back pussy mode and that could actually be a good thing.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next