Valkyrja
Kaladin
Dante
Clutch
BarcaLearning
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Was MSN the best attacking trio ever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Was MSN the best attacking trio ever?

Post by Harmonica Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:01 pm

Easily, not even a debate.

^ And lmao trying to pass up scrub trios who didn't even win the treble. CL that MSN won, against champions in every round pisses on every fake CL BBF has stolen with Uefas help.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Was MSN the best attacking trio ever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Was MSN the best attacking trio ever?

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:09 pm

None of those names are even close to MSN except for Di Stefano, Puskas, and Kopa.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:35 pm

Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs and Tevez was better.

Juve had Boniek, Platini and Paolo Rossi.... and then you had Baggio, Vialli and a young Del Piero.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:06 pm

Henry/Bergkamp/Pires...really? lol

It's most likely the best trio yes. Not the most successful but winning a treble is still pretty massive, among other things.

Actually that entire list is just...what? Messi alone beats most of them. Ribery/Robben/Muller would have come close if a better player than Muller were in it, but otherwise they're all very far off from MSN.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:18 pm

Keizer-Cruijff-Swart :coffee:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:27 pm

Best doesn't mean 3 strikers lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Interman Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:44 pm

Brazil at one point boasted a front three of Romario, Rivaldo and Ronaldo.

2002 World Cup Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho. All 3 Balon Dor players.

Interman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:48 pm

Well then you have to put in Pele, Garincha and Vava.  Or Cruyff, Rep and Rensenbrink (what a player Rep was btw that nobody really talks about; Rensenbrink too). Van Basten, Overmars and Bergkamp.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Interman Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:54 pm

In sheer numbers, maybe.

Talent wise, no.

Would you really put Suarez or Neymar in the same class as Dino, R9, Rivaldo, Romario?

Interman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:01 pm

sportsczy wrote:Best doesn't mean 3 strikers lol.

What's the point of this post? Laughing (I legit don't get it, neither who you're replying to nor what you're trying to say)
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:48 pm

Attacking trio to me includes wingers, etc.  Basically anyone 3 that are on the front line.  So if you're asking whether MSN is the best threesome in the narrow scenario of 3 strikers playing on the front line....   sure along with Puskas/Kopa/Di Stefano.  But until recently, you didn't play 3 strikers.

But if you're going with a broader definition as I understood it... than no.  In the era of the 442 where you had a winger support 2 attackers, there were incredible combos that were actually more effective overall than a 3 striker set.

Do you understand now or do you want a picture book?

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:58 pm

I "legit" don't know what his point was with this post either.

Was MSN the best attacking trio ever? - Page 2 73gw8l
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:04 am

sportsczy wrote:Attacking trio to me includes wingers, etc.  Basically anyone 3 that are on the front line.  So if you're asking whether MSN is the best threesome in the narrow scenario of 3 strikers playing on the front line....   sure along with Puskas/Kopa/Di Stefano.  But until recently, you didn't play 3 strikers.

But if you're going with a broader definition as I understood it... than no.  In the era of the 442 where you had a winger support 2 attackers, there were incredible combos that were actually more effective overall than a 3 striker set.

Do you understand now or do you want a picture book?

Yes I understand now and I do agree that an attacking trio doesn't have to consist of 3 strikers. I just didn't see anyone posting that an attacking trio has to consist of three strikers, that's where my confusion came from.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:06 am

ah ok. Sorry dude.

Ajax has the best threesomes ever imo along with Juve on several occasions btw imo... but i have a soft spot for Ajax since I actually witnessed one of the golden ages.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:10 am

No problem.
I'm actually really jaelous about that. Especially as I don't expect the club to ever reach anything close to these heights again Laughing

What's your favourite trio from Juve?
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:27 am

Boniek and Platini were incredible and you had the WC hero Paolo Rossi for a year and then Briaschi help out.  

But the best I saw from Juve in my era was Roberto Baggio, a young Del Piero, Ravanelli and Vialli.  Pick your 3.  That was a great attacking side.  The 80s Juve team was a defensive super team and they relied mostly on Platini to carry the scoring.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:29 am

Lol, The Shield would wreck MSN, heck New Day would
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:31 am

@zigra... that mid 80s Ajax team followed by the early 90s one was unbelievable to watch. Dear lord they were fun.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:43 am

what about the real BBC? they almost won a CL in 2017
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:41 pm

Some of the opinions here are pretty far off, wtf.... everyone has their own opinions but certainly I find some of them just strange.

Im not old enough to have watched those trios like in the 80s and prior, but definitely sure MSN is right up there if not the best. If we start talking about Pele and Di Stefano, etc., I wouldnt be able to have an opinion obviously. I know for sure though MSN some of the goals and chance created were just the three of them alone, and not from much help from the team comparing with some of other teams. Messi is the best in the current era, his chemistry with Suarez, and Neymar I always thought was the third best behind MEssi and CR, their abilities, their coverage, its hard to beat that. I seriously doubt those great trios in the past had as little creative support as often MSN have had during their time.

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:26 pm

I would actually argue that, when Mueller was on and Ribery/Robben were in their prime, they were far more effective than MSN.  Nothing to do with individual talent.  They just brought a far wider scope of danger and approaches while MSN is more narrow since all 3 are strikers mostly.

Another relatively current trio that I thought was absolutely lethal was Dinho, Eto'o and Giuly with Deco supplying them.  Giuly kills the talent comparison... but man were they ever balanced. They were more effective in terms of the total package than MSN.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:50 pm

No way Muller and co. were more effective than MSN. MSN in 14-15 did everything. There were waaaay more dangerous, and Barca (bar MSN) was worse than the Bayern team behind primer Muller and co.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:37 pm

Yes and it's not even remotely close. The GOAT, the best 21 century brazilian player and the best uruguayan ever. Also, 3 of the 4 best players in the world while they played together.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:03 am

Bayern with the Ribery-Mandzukic/Muller-Robben trio was the best team I've ever seen, but MSN was by far the most entertaining for me.

If we're just looking at the treble season, I think MSN might be the greatest, but if you take the other seasons into account then idk. Because you have to consider the fact that they didn't score against Juve and kinda flopped against Atletico in their other 2 CL participations

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:33 am

Isco Ronaldo Mbappe is the best attacking trio ever
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Lmao. Mbappe aint going to mehdrid bro.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next