Kebab
Nishankly
BarcaLearning
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We're fked Empty We're fked

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:41 pm

So, it all looks set now, Neymars going Sad Never ever thought anything like this was even possible, lol? PSG going to pull of quoting Bankz, the mother of all transfer coups ever. Good for PSG, and we are left fked. I say that because clearly our club has been for a while, being clueless espeically in transfers. I just want to say again, this is just another path along our natural down cycle after our dominant era, its just inevitable. Our key players are aging/leaving, and most of the replacements are just no where near good enough. Compared with what Real are doing, I dont want to imagine the games that we will play against them this season, we are gonna get raped. Apart from Messi brilliance we might have a chance, otherwise, we're fked.

Ok, to the specifics, whos available that we can buy as replacement u think?

MSN has been the best trio in history, ffs I want to cry now almost thinking its breaking up so soon Sad Sad Sad

Last edited by BarcaLearning on Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

We're fked Empty Re: We're fked

Post by Nishankly Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:59 pm

@BarcaLearning wrote:
Ok, to the specifics, whos available that we can buy as replacement u think?

Lingard.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:33 pm

PSG are fked.They forgot that career of brazilians end at 27
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:39 pm

Im getting all sentimental now, seeing all the fans comments and videos, pictures of NEymar with us ffs... Sad
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:45 pm

we are *bleep* in the sense that our management will buy some overpriced mule! I would rather they invest the money in stadium rebuild or paying off debt. That way we actually win something.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:12 am

Yea the main issue here is that clubs will try to charge us up the ass because they know we have a ton of money to work with.

So let's say Dembele would of been had at 50, now I'm assuming Dortmund will ask for 90. If Dybala would of been had at 90, they will probably ask for 150. And why not? They know we have 222M Euros to work with plus they know we are desperate to sign a new player.

I mean no way we can go in to the new season with Arda and Deulofeu with Denis as the left wing options. That's just shit.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:47 am

Dembele is probably value at between 130-150 mil right now. Easily in fact when you think of the price for Coutinho... he's better and younger than Coutinho.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:22 am

If we come out of this with Dybala and Coutinho we'll be better off than with just Neymar. It depends on how the funds are reinvested.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by svt Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:03 am

I use to post a lot back in the goal days and start of goallegacy, it's been a while, but I feel compelled to post. What's with the negativity? Neymar was one part of MSN, and not even the most important part.

I remember this exact same sentiment after 2007/08 season (can't believe it's been 10 years). On paper we had a wonderful team, the defence boasted the likes of Puyol, Marquez, Milito, Thuram, Zambrotta, Abidal and Sylvinho. In midfield we had Deco, Edmilison, Xavi, Iniesta and Yaya Toure. In attack we had Eto, Ronaldinho, Messi and Henry with two wonder kids in Bojan and Giovanni dos Santos coming through. At the beginning of the season I thought we were a shoe in to win it all. Only we weren't. The team didn't gel, there were too many chefs, too much complacency and we crashed and burnt - epically. We finished third in the league and got embarrassed in Europe.

Following that season, we got rid of Thuram, Zambrotta, Sylvinho, Deco, Edmilson, Ronaldinho, GDS and almost Eto too. We tried to rehaul the whole team to focus on players who were hungry to win and wanted to be at Barca. At the time our biggest transfers in were Dani Alves and Keita. What followed was one of the most dominant spells of any team in history, the following 3 years we were truly special.

This year is a lot like that, we have the same opportunity to let go of the drift wood and set ourselves up for the next half decade. If it was up to me, we would release Arda Turan, Andre Gomes, Aleix Vidal, Douglas, Munir and one of Rafinha/Dennis Suarez (both if we are able to sign a new midfielder). Of course, we have lost Neymar because he wants the money, however every cloud has a silver lining and we should aim to strengthen the weak parts of our team with that huge windfall.

- In midfield we have Rakitic, Iniesta, Busquets with Samper, Roberto and one of D.Suarez/Rafinha backing up. Ideally, we could use one more quality midfielder as Iniesta is on his way out over the next few seasons and I think that was the idea with Verrati (obviously not possible) - bring back some control of possession that we've missed since Xavi left. I would attempt to use a decent chunk of our war chest to strengthen here. I can see the idea that Barca has with Coutinho or Ozil swapping out Iniesta here. If we do purchase one of the above, we still need someone who can control the pace and with the return of Samper - we have a ready made metronome for the midfield that we should give a chance to cement his place in the squad.

- In central defence, we have Pique, Umiti, Mascherano and Marlon. Ideally we sign one world class CB now to rotate at CB, so as pique ages and mascherano leaves we have someone to step in with Umiti. Marlon looks like an interesting prospect and it would be good to see how he develops moving forward.

- On the flanks, we have Digne & Alba on the left and Semedo & Vidal on the right. I think Semedo is the best of the bunch, he has boundless energy, attacks savagely, tracks back well and has incredible passing for a fullback - he finally may be our answer to losing Alves whose loss incredibly weakened the team. In a perfect scenario you'd want one of your wings to have a solid defender and I would like to see one of Digne/Alba moved for a more well rounded LB who can defend better.

Lastly, we come to the attack. In a team with Messi and Suarez who can each score 40+ goals in a season. We need someone that can create chances, chip in 15-20 goals a season and track back defensively on that LW. I've heard mention of Mbappe, Coutinho, Dybala, Hazard, Griezmann and Dembele. Each has merit to an extent, but I question how hard they will work to provide balance in Europe when we need players to track back.

I think we have a ready made squad to challenge for all titles next season, we have the greatest player in history and one of the best CF in the world. Losing a player of Neymar's quality is never easy, but his potential was never maximised here playing second fiddle to Messi anyway. Replacing what Neymar added to Barcelona isn't as hard as replacing how great of a player he is when a team is built around him. So I'm not overly worried. The real shame is, in 3-5 years as Messi fades, Neymar is likely to be one of the best players in the world still.

If we can use the warchest we recieve to add:

- Creative hard working LW, perhaps Dembele
- CM that can control tempo and possession, hard to say who, or a CM that is creative to replace Iniesta, Ozil or Coutinho
- CB that can give competition to Pique and Umiti, someone like Virgil Van Dijk, Jan Vertonghen, Jerome Boateng or David Alaba (could cover LB)
- Put some focus back to La Masia and what we have developing there.

I'm extremely optimistic moving forward that if we strengthen in a few key areas either from La Masia or purchases, we are one of the best teams in Europe and will challenge for the CL.

svt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:40 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:If we come out of this with Dybala and Coutinho we'll be better off than with just Neymar. It depends on how the funds are reinvested.

I would try for Leon Goretzka to strengthen the midfield and Dembele for the left wing; and sell Arda while I'm at it and evaluate the club and maybe do another move in the winter window depending on how the club is doing.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:29 am

Don't you wish you had Fassone and Mirabelli at this point? Those guys basically created a whole new squad with 150 million euros, with quality players too.

With the money you are getting from Neymar's sale you have the opportunity to spend wisely and effectively. A big opportunity. Lets see if your management does it right. Neymar simply had his heart elsewhere and you're better off moving forward without him. With the trainwreck PSG is (and you proved this in the CL last season), he may not reach his potential there.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:43 am

@sportsczy wrote:Dembele is probably value at between 130-150 mil right now.

rofl rofl rofl

The stuff some people smoke on this forum Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:48 am

@svt wrote:I use to post a lot back in the goal days and start of goallegacy, it's been a while, but I feel compelled to post. What's with the negativity? Neymar was one part of MSN, and not even the most important part.

I remember this exact same sentiment after 2007/08 season (can't believe it's been 10 years). On paper we had a wonderful team, the defence boasted the likes of Puyol, Marquez, Milito, Thuram, Zambrotta, Abidal and Sylvinho. In midfield we had Deco, Edmilison, Xavi, Iniesta and Yaya Toure. In attack we had Eto, Ronaldinho, Messi and Henry with two wonder kids in Bojan and Giovanni dos Santos coming through. At the beginning of the season I thought we were a shoe in to win it all. Only we weren't. The team didn't gel, there were too many chefs, too much complacency and we crashed and burnt - epically. We finished third in the league and got embarrassed in Europe.

Following that season, we got rid of Thuram, Zambrotta, Sylvinho, Deco, Edmilson, Ronaldinho, GDS and almost Eto too. We tried to rehaul the whole team to focus on players who were hungry to win and wanted to be at Barca. At the time our biggest transfers in were Dani Alves and Keita. What followed was one of the most dominant spells of any team in history, the following 3 years we were truly special.

This year is a lot like that, we have the same opportunity to let go of the drift wood and set ourselves up for the next half decade. If it was up to me, we would release Arda Turan, Andre Gomes, Aleix Vidal, Douglas, Munir and one of Rafinha/Dennis Suarez (both if we are able to sign a new midfielder). Of course, we have lost Neymar because he wants the money, however every cloud has a silver lining and we should aim to strengthen the weak parts of our team with that huge windfall.

- In midfield we have Rakitic, Iniesta, Busquets with Samper, Roberto and one of D.Suarez/Rafinha backing up. Ideally, we could use one more quality midfielder as Iniesta is on his way out over the next few seasons and I think that was the idea with Verrati (obviously not possible) - bring back some control of possession that we've missed since Xavi left. I would attempt to use a decent chunk of our war chest to strengthen here. I can see the idea that Barca has with Coutinho or Ozil swapping out Iniesta here. If we do purchase one of the above, we still need someone who can control the pace and with the return of Samper - we have a ready made metronome for the midfield that we should give a chance to cement his place in the squad.

- In central defence, we have Pique, Umiti, Mascherano and Marlon. Ideally we sign one world class CB now to rotate at CB, so as pique ages and mascherano leaves we have someone to step in with Umiti. Marlon looks like an interesting prospect and it would be good to see how he develops moving forward.

- On the flanks, we have Digne & Alba on the left and Semedo & Vidal on the right. I think Semedo is the best of the bunch, he has boundless energy, attacks savagely, tracks back well and has incredible passing for a fullback - he finally may be our answer to losing Alves whose loss incredibly weakened the team. In a perfect scenario you'd want one of your wings to have a solid defender and I would like to see one of Digne/Alba moved for a more well rounded LB who can defend better.

Lastly, we come to the attack. In a team with Messi and Suarez who can each score 40+ goals in a season. We need someone that can create chances, chip in 15-20 goals a season and track back defensively on that LW. I've heard mention of Mbappe, Coutinho, Dybala, Hazard, Griezmann and Dembele. Each has merit to an extent, but I question how hard they will work to provide balance in Europe when we need players to track back.

I think we have a ready made squad to challenge for all titles next season, we have the greatest player in history and one of the best CF in the world. Losing a player of Neymar's quality is never easy, but his potential was never maximised here playing second fiddle to Messi anyway. Replacing what Neymar added to Barcelona isn't as hard as replacing how great of a player he is when a team is built around him. So I'm not overly worried. The real shame is, in 3-5 years as Messi fades, Neymar is likely to be one of the best players in the world still.

If we can use the warchest we recieve to add:

- Creative hard working LW, perhaps Dembele
- CM that can control tempo and possession, hard to say who, or a CM that is creative to replace Iniesta, Ozil or Coutinho
- CB that can give competition to Pique and Umiti, someone like Virgil Van Dijk, Jan Vertonghen, Jerome Boateng or David Alaba (could cover LB)
- Put some focus back to La Masia and what we have developing there.

I'm extremely optimistic moving forward that if we strengthen in a few key areas either from La Masia or purchases, we are one of the best teams in Europe and will challenge for the CL.

Great read, you should post more often here Smile

However I believe the Barcelona board are so incompetent that they won't be doing anything about it all. Selling drift wood? They'll probably end up buying more, as their previous record shows.

Funny how Madrid, known to be the master of buying crap have quietly bought two of Europe's biggest talents for a modest amount in their bid to strengthen their team while Barcelona go from bad to worse.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by svt Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:24 pm

@danyjr wrote:Great read, you should post more often here Smile

However I believe the Barcelona board are so incompetent that they won't be doing anything about it all. Selling drift wood? They'll probably end up buying more, as their previous record shows.

Funny how Madrid, known to be the master of buying crap have quietly bought two of Europe's biggest talents for a modest amount in their bid to strengthen their team while Barcelona go from bad to worse.

Would you believe I remember you from back in the day as well as windkick, eelier and barrilete. Does Alex, Free Cat, JD and Dani still post here? Hope everyone is doing good.

The negativity just got me hyped to post - everything is going to be alright, we'll stay a top team for as long as Messi is playing.

I think a positive outcome from this situation could be our board gets fired and we have an election. We need new management in the worst way. Laporta for all of his troubles, put the team first and empowered some good coaches/directors/executives to do their job poperly and believed in La Masia.

Also, I think Nelson can be a good talent and I consider him a shrewd purchase. I think it's inevitable we get another attacker to replace Neymar. My hope is we make the right acquisition for no more than 100m so we can use the rest of that money to strengthen other areas, namely a CM and CB.

svt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:25 pm

Good reads, and I hope u r right.... and also hope there is some changes in our management, there is certainly things not right.

Sorry to be negative, but I just believe and feel its the natural down cycle after years of domination, especialyl with Real flying high atm, AND the fact that they are buying better than us in terms of players. So I think its natural to be bit down right now, add to this Neymars scenario now, just cant help it Razz But as always, will have to come to accept as things pan out.

Dont know the comparison between the transfer market now compared with previous seasons, but it feels strange atm that there isnt really someone clear who can replace Neymar thats we can easily attract. But then Neymar is just a player thats probably impossible to replace. How they are going to strengthen and fix the missing 'holes' in the team we will just have to see in the remaining days on the market, and hope they finally get the players we need in order to keep our level.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:53 am

with the nerman money you could probably build a functional team for once.

442/4231

Ter Stegen
Semedo Pique Umtiti LB
RW Roberto Busquets LW
Messi Suarez

left midfielder spot is up for grabs as both Coutinho and Eriksen have been linked this summer with Barca. find someone who can play on the right and a decent LB because Alba is a scrub.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:34 am

@svt wrote:I think a positive outcome from this situation could be our board gets fired and we have an election. We need new management in the worst way. Laporta for all of his troubles, put the team first and empowered some good coaches/directors/executives to do their job poperly and believed in La Masia.

This will be the best outcome, one that should have happened 4 years ago.

Laporta, even though he is not a football person, had a great mentor in Cruyff. I wouldn't call Begiristain the best sporting director (he had his fair share of amazingly good and god awful signings) but he was certainly better than the nobodies who claimed the role later on.

Also Laporta was on it when it came to dealing with other clubs. In transfer negotiations he would be the person in control of the situation. He also had the dare to show Madrid he's got the bigger dick when dealing with their arch-rivals.

Bartomeu on the other hand has no footballing brain and is a true beta, always getting dominated in negotiations, overpaying for scrubs and letting others bully him. Remember Thiago's release clause? That was disastrous enough for the whole board to be sacked (not to mention Madrid quietly signed Isco the very same year, the other Spanish U-21 superstar - when Barcelona let their heir to Xavi leave for peanuts), but in the end this epic failure wasn't even mentioned, not even in the media! He is the exact type of person you don't want as a club president. He is a bigger disaster than Gaspart was and he, and Barcelona, are extremely lucky to have had Messi's brilliance overshadowing their lack of incompetency to clean up their mess all these years.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:44 am

@Valkyrja wrote:with the nerman money you could probably build a functional team for once.

442/4231

Ter Stegen
Semedo Pique Umtiti LB
RW Roberto Busquets LW
Messi Suarez

left midfielder spot is up for grabs as both Coutinho and Eriksen have been linked this summer with Barca. find someone who can play on the right and a decent LB because Alba is a scrub.

Playing Coutinho at LW is similar to playing Pique at LB. Pointless.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:36 am

It seems these four players are being majorly considered as possible replacements :-

Phillipe Coutinho
Ousmane Dembele
Paolo Dybala
Kylian Mbappe

Which of these do you want? I think Coutinho is not the ideal fit but do not have a definitive favorite among the other three either.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:38 am

@BarcaLearning wrote:
MSN has been the best trio in history

If you mentioned forward trio that might have been acceptable but I could not disagree more with this.

MXI will forever be the greatest trio for me, the very definition of football in my eyes. The true beauty of football is in the midfield even though forwards get more limelight.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:46 am

Dembéle or Hazard for me. The other names you mentioned are not wingers.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:17 am

@danyjr wrote:Dembéle or Hazard for me. The other names you mentioned are not wingers.

Yes I too would want a fast left sided winger type player who preferably is somewhat adaptable to other roles. Then again we are also being linked to Griezmann, a very different type of player.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:25 pm

Need 2-3 good signing , thats all is needed.

:coffee:
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:20 pm

I don't think Griezmann/Dybala will work on the wing. For starters they are not really wingers, and also they are left footed, and Barcelona already have Messi on the right cutting in on his left.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:59 pm

Griezmann wouldn't work at all. In fact, Dembele is better on the right than the left.... good on the left too, but he's just more comfortable on the right. He's two footed so it's not a big difference.

One that you guys should be looking into is.... Sterling Laughing That would be hilarious.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: