RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
Firenze
guest7
82 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 11 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:15 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
Would be quite embarrassing for pique if nerman goes now. Nerman Sr thinks different.

Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 11 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by juve_gigi Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:17 pm

RealGunner wrote:He is staying at barca 99.9999999999%

So it's pretty much a done dealio then...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:20 pm

Neymar didn't even like or retweet piques tweet yesterday. Lmao. That desperate attempt at trying to be a smartass. Imagine if ney actually leaves after pulling this retarded sunt? I will lol so hard rofl #piquesident
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:24 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:

I don't know if I want this to happen more because I want Neymar to stay or because I want the people on GL who take rag talk as gospel to eat their words.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:29 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

I don't know if I want this to happen more because I want Neymar to stay or because I want the people on GL who take rag talk as gospel to eat their words.

I'd rather hear from Nerman directly if I were a barca fan.
The fact that he still has been quiet about this publicly is fairly damning if you ask me. It's not like Barcelona are a small time club. Most players in the world dream of joining one of Real Madrid or Barcelona. Why has Nerman been quiet in public so far? The fact that he needs "convincing" to stay at a more prestigious club says a lot about Nerman.

Personally I am indifferent as to whether he stays or goes. But the silence sure points to him going.

and if he is going, the only hold up to the deal is probably PSG trying to make absolutely certain that they won't trip up FFP regulations from buying out the Nerman. the threat of a ban of any kind can deter any club.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:45 am

Whats the penalty or implication if psg pay the full sum? And if theres really any implication, then why are barca desperate and panicking? They should fairly be confident knowing that psg won't be able to trigger the release clause. No?
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:01 am

could be a transfer ban, could be being banned from CL competition. could even be both. If there is a deal and its only the details that are holding it up then it could only be that. Teams have been barred from CL and Europa League due to failure to comply with FFP regulations before. I would imagine that would give Nerman pause before saying yes if he were interested in leaving. would give a lot of pause for PSG as well. being barred from cl would not go down well with the squad. hence why the delay if there is one. PSG have to be real careful here.

PSG are desperate especially as they know their project is getting stale. Nerman would be the best possible way to rejuvenate said project. PSG while they are pretenders, they're also trying to become legit contenders in europe. Nerman would put them on the map. Barcelona are concerned as they know PSG can afford it but more importantly, Nerman has done absolutely nothing to quell their concerns.

Barcelona has every right to be panicking, Nerman still hasn't said anything publicly yet. especially with Nerman Sr really pushing for the exit to get his 40-50m cut out of the deal.
We'll see what happens.

I hope Nerman stays. I am really not fond of the idea of 222m going to Barca coffers. Madridistas dont think. With that money, Barca could potentially disrupt Madrid's own transfer plans this summer. We already hit an uppercut on Barca with regards to Ceballos. Who's not to say Barca won't try to throw a counter punch our way should the Nerman deal go through? Nerman deal affects Real Madrid too most people don't realize.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:11 am

Technically, the player needs to pay the release clause and not the buying club. That's how release clauses work in Spain. For example, Bayern paid Javi Martinez who then triggered the release clause.

PSG are looking to circumvent FFP using this rule as it creates a loophole. Namely, the state of Qatar would buy Neymar and then sell him at a discount to PSG. It wouldn't be a TPO since Qatar would not retain any rights to Neymar. The impact on PSG's books would be basically null depending on the discount.

It's sneaky, but legal. Besides Neymar agreeing... the army of lawyers are making sure every facet is covered in the paperwork.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:37 am

Just because it's "legal", doesn't mean FIFA won't come down on PSG after the fact because it's clearly unethical. In other sports it's called tampering and that's exactly what it would be here.

Not to mention the blatant conflict of interest if would be for Qatar to pay the funds to Neymar on behalf of PSG. I can't imagine FIFA being that stupid. They should just call it what it is and be done with it.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:58 am

They can't.  You can't retroactively make something illegal.  It would get thrown out by the CAS or another arbitration court quicker than you can sneeze.  They can, however, fill the loophole going forward.

PSG have a little time however since FIFA, UEFA, Ligue 1, etc. can change its rules until they formally convene and vote on it.  That doesn't happen quickly.

And the conflict of interest to Qatar?  Who's going to complain... PSG or Qatar?  Those are the only two parties to the transaction that are impacted by the alleged conflict (there isn't one to be clear).

This is what happens when you have parties to a transaction that absolutely don't give a rat's arse about money.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:00 am

Sad days for football.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:09 am

Literally any team could come forward and complain about this move. It's intentionally circumventing ffp. Without, digging more into either FFP or this deal because both are jokes, it's a clear matter of ethics.

If A owns B and the normal transaction on the books is to transfer funds from A to B, let's say as a sponsor, in order to purchase C but now instead A goes straight to C, in order to then go to B to circumvent a rule, it's clearly a breach of ethics at the very least.

Let's say Juventus, who's owner is of FIAT group, decides to, instead of provide Juventus with sponsors, just turns around and shells out cash to buy players on Juventus' behalf, so that then Juventus doesn't have to pay some sort of penalty or so that FIAT could benefit in some way, I'm quite confident that everyone could see that it's unethical.

You're right though, unethical and illegal are two different things but this transaction, if it goes this way, will be rightly scrutinized. I'm assuming that PSG won't claim that they signed Neymar on a free after Qatar paid out his contract, if it in fact goes down like this, but if they do, everyone knows that isn't right.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:45 am

I think the loophole was intentionally created so that clubs could get around it somehow. It happens all the time with regulations/organizations. They're called "loopholes", "backdoors" for a reason. Trust me, if there was no way psg could somehow trigger it, without going against FFP, i'm sure barca wouldn't be scratching their heads as we speak. Moreover, psg could just bring up the javi martinez incident and cry double standards on the part of uefa. Btw, i don't think they can cover the loophole tbh, as it would mean holding on to players against their will. I mean, what if in a case where club wants to buy, and player wants to go? So are u saying said player cant leave then? Even when they have a right to? Then why aren't uefa punishing clubs for putting unattainable release clauses? Wouldn't it remove the essence of a release clause in the first place? Its a release clause and not a prison/jail clause FFS!!! U can't prosecute something that isn't condemned in the book tbh.. No matter how hard you try.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:15 am

Announcing Neymar? PSG schedule surprise press conference on Tuesday

Benjamin Newman
By Benjamin Newman
on Tuesday, July 25, 2017

PSG pull a surprise
Is Neymar joining PSG?

Is the Barcelona forwards set to smash the world record transfer fee moving from Barcelona to the French capital?

What the hell is going on?!

PSG have set off alarm bells on Tuesday morning revealing they are having a shock press conference in Miami on Tuesday.

According to PSG’s official website, there will be a presser at 5pm local time, which means 11pm in France.

The purpose of the press conference is unknown, while the link on PSG’s official website currently sends users down a dead end.

It should also be stressed that PSG – who usually send out briefings before such events – haven’t done that on this occasion.

What’s going on?
With the PSG presser shrouded in mystery, it’s easy to jump to conclusion.

Over the past few days, rumours have steadily be getting louder that Neymar could be on the verge of a 222 million euro move to the Parc de Princes.

There’s no substantial proof that PSG are about to reveal Neymar today, however the presser is unquestionably curios.

It’s also worth noting that Barcelona have scheduled their own press conference on Tuesday at almost the same time. That starts at 11.30pm French time, while it’s set to feature Gerard Pique.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:17 am

Sh*ts about to get real methinks...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:31 am

Its happening ffs!!! Although, it might be anything else, but the timing, urgency and the location (USA) makes it a little mysterious. Psg are probably trying to hurry up so changemar doesnt change his mind like clockwork? hmm
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:39 am

Btw, heard N€ymoney $r is in paris looking for a house for his son as we speak. What blockbuster week this has been in an otherwise boring transfer window. I don't want this saga to end ffs :sad:
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:50 am

Aren't Barcelona and psg participating in icc?

Could be pre match pressers. Let's not jump to conclusions.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:13 am

Yes, but they don't have games today and not at the exact same time. Anyway, i'm still not sure its the neymar announcement tbh. But then again, this news was reported by the brazilian marcelo blecher, the guy who first broke the neymar to psg news, so, who knows?
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:55 pm

sportsczy wrote:PSG are looking to circumvent FFP using this rule as it creates a loophole. Namely, the state of Qatar would buy Neymar and then sell him at a discount to PSG. It wouldn't be a TPO since Qatar would not retain any rights to Neymar. The impact on PSG's books would be basically null depending on the discount.

How exactly does a state purchase the contract of a footballer?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:57 pm

Through their investment fund QSI the same way they bought PSG
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:59 pm

That sounds very similar to a 3rd party agreement.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:00 pm

cant wait to get our hands on that 220m and we pay 150m for some real estate development on the barca innovation hub Smile
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:00 pm

UEFA are going to nail them regardless, they won't give a damn about the financial montage we all know what is happening
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:46 pm

Verratti + €100m = Neymar. I'd do that in a heartbeat if I were Barcelona.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:08 pm

Thats the thing psg are unwilling to sell veratti at this point. They feel that selling veratti in itself might discourage neymar from coming. I hear psg are willing to do anything within and outside the books to land neymar.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next