CM Pep
Myesyats
windkick
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nélson Semedo  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nélson Semedo

Post by danyjr Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:16 pm

He has improved massively since he joined Barcelona a few years ago. Back in the day he was defensively prone to ball watching and contributed zero going forward. He has improved in both criteria. I thought he played a tidy match against Real Madrid and, if he was a bit more selfish, maybe could have got himself on the scoresheet too.

He is no Dani Alves, I wouldn't even put him in the world class category but he is good enough for now. Should be the preferred option to Sergi Roberto at RB.

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:26 pm

Been saying Semedo > Roberto for like 2 years now lol. Roberto has always been a CM, and he was never good enough for us there and for some reason we decided to stick him at RB and somehow he stayed there ffs. Countless times watching he getting raped by opposition wingers was just frustration. He does has his strengths, but hes just not good enough for us to deserver so many starts. Rotation and flexible backup is what he gives.

Semedo has steadily improved since he joined, and he clearly is a better defender. I guess its impossible to replace Alves, but hopefully Semedo keeps on improving especially in helping attack so that we are not always relying on Alba and Messi, otherwise our right side is gonna stay so average going forward.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:01 pm

The fact that he was taken off and Roberto wasn't proves again that Valverde.... finish the thought

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:05 pm

...is a god damn racist? Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:09 am

View this post on Instagram

Addicted! Who else? Quenha Más? DBZ

A post shared by Nelson Semedo 🇨🇻🇵🇹 (@nelsonsemedo50) on

Not gonna lie, he's gone up a few notches in my FB ranking since this tweet
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:28 am

He is a very good player, better at the ball than our midfielders ffs. Deals with pressure very smoothly and calmly.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:55 pm

Are you kidding? 2 good games at home against relegation fodder and he is better than midfielders?

He is as average as it gets.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:17 pm

He's been much better than Roberto every time he played for the past 2-3 years. His poor game is Roberto's very good performance.

So no, not 2 games. And his fee was only 20M.

Valverde played Roberto more which speaks only of his managerial ineptitude.

Name better RBs. Bissaka? Kyle Walker?

He is a top 5 RB comfortably. I rate him a lot as opposed to the rest of our players.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:54 pm

I rate Wan Bissaka, but right now he’s just a 22 year old, defensively reliable youngster with great physical qualities. He doesn’t offer much offensively, doesn’t seem to want to commit to Maicon or Alves-like, bombing runs down the flanks despite having the physical attributes to do so, and generally seems to hesitate when moving past the halfway line.

Like I’ve mentioned before, the standard of expectations towards players in top clubs is unrealistically high these days. There simply aren’t any prime Dani Alves’ or Antonia Valencias out there. Semedo isn’t exceptional, but I think he’s been a very good signing for you, considering what’s available out there.

Witnessing Pogba’s average performance output for a few years now, has made me appreciate more the overall usefulness of less exceptional, but more reliable players. Many RM fans seem to think Achraf Hakimi is the convenient solution to replacing Dani Carvajal, but I personally don’t think his offensive potential quite compensates for how shaky he can be defensively. He’s nowhere close to a prime Marcelo, and it seems to me that Bundesliga teams have already learnt to exploit his side rather than challenging Guerreiro on the other side. Solid fullbacks are hard to come by. 20m for Semedo was a steal.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2