Mr Nick09
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
SuperMAG
guest7
36 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by futbol_bill Fri May 25, 2018 9:38 am

El Confidencial reporting R. Madrid has rebought Oscar Mascarell for 4M. It says the plan is for him to replace Llorente on squad. Not sure whether Llorente will be sold or lent out.

They also saying club is thinking of rebuying Raul de Tomas and letting Mayoral leave (or lent).

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 25, 2018 10:07 am

If we are going the buy-back route why the hell aren't we linked to Mariano ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri May 25, 2018 10:12 am

My take on these moves is both incumbents were not right for club at least at this time, and whether they are sold, lent or sold with buy back option really doesn’t matter a lot. They are a much different story than Ceballos who still has a potentially huge upside.

Both canteras coming back are older and have a fair amount of top level futbol experience. They obviously are not going to challenge for starter status, but they can provide some backup when needed. I think Mascarell will be more than adequate, but assuming they do bring in at least 1 new scorer, I would prefer the backup striker to be more of a challenge for starter.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri May 25, 2018 10:13 am

Valkyrja wrote:If we are going the buy-back route why the hell aren't we linked to Mariano ?

I don’t think we have a buy back option for Mariano.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 25, 2018 11:51 am

replacing castilla scrubs with more castilla scrubs, sounds like a plan
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 25, 2018 12:38 pm

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 39 Tenor
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 25, 2018 1:02 pm

Anyway it will be interesting to see whether we keep Kovacic or not, that's the main change I am expecting.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri May 25, 2018 1:23 pm

I doubt it Nick. These kids have been long rumoured to be going elsewhere. Kind of good to start getting these out of way. By the way it diesn’t Necessarily mean the canteras coming back are coming as replacements. It can be more of return and sell. Both of them have a higher value that what buy back price is. In reality they are pawns in this chess game.

Look next for movement of Achraf (might wait a bit to see how he does in WC. It still isn’t clear on Vallejo and Theo.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 26, 2018 7:49 am

I wouldn't be surprised if we did nada in this mercato. This club never ceases to surprise
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat May 26, 2018 8:31 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Anyway it will be interesting to see whether we keep Kovacic or not, that's the main change I am expecting.

Highly unlikely this time. They know they screwed up big time last summer by not doing anything and that their attack is in desperate need of major overhaul.

Madrid will go for the hunt this summer, regardless of whether they win the CL or not.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat May 26, 2018 11:12 pm

We must be very smart, i hope Perez is very astute this summer.

We have an opportunity to offload Ronaldo and/or Bale, i think it would be great if we could sell them and start looking towards the future with good purchases. Mbappe and Salah for example. Maybe Ronaldo is being a diva again for a pay raise, but he can fck off to PSG for what it's worth imo.

Bale i think is serious, and if Zidane really doesn't like him, then it's time to Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 39 Eject-Button-e1508857221410
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat May 26, 2018 11:15 pm

We still need signings. We can't afford another league season like this neither can we hope to turn it off and on in ucl's all the time. Which I really didn't think we could do.....i was spook wrong. But let's not risk it again
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 26, 2018 11:20 pm

both Bale and CR hinting they want to go rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 26, 2018 11:24 pm

Ronaldo always does this in contract negotiations... nothing new.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 26, 2018 11:28 pm

but the reaction of zidane is telling.

Zidane about CR: we have to keep him no matter what

Zidane about Bale: we understand he wants more time

Laughing it's clear who is leaving
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 26, 2018 11:31 pm

Bale Laughing Zidane saying thank you and good bye loooooool.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat May 26, 2018 11:33 pm

The fact that Zidane sat Bale in his jump in form and then also mentioned in the press conference that things will not change in regards to player rotations makes me happy about the possibility of Bale leaving. If Bale wants to play week in week out and get his ass kissed by media then go to Man U.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun May 27, 2018 1:28 am

This transfer window is such a question mark. We have a lot of older, complacent players, but we also just won the CL with those older complacent players. Will Zidane continue to trust the old guard? Then there is the WC that throws even more question marks on the situation.

If Zidane is committed to keeping the old guard around, there needs to be a few stipulations-

1] We need a player to compete with Benz (take over obviously but if Benz is happy with staying then I think it is fine).

2] Put more confidence in Asensio (in particular) and the other role players like he did last season. Last season we greatly utilized the bench, now it is just Lucas, Asensio, Nacho.

3] Bring in a proper 3rd CB who doesn't have serious injury issues.

Personally I would cash in on some of these older players and just start a rebuild project, but I can see how some of the higher-ups would again confirm their thinking that this squad can continue to win CL, which is clearly what they want.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Sun May 27, 2018 1:43 am

Our priority for next season should be Zidane getting an assistant coach with great tactical prowess in setting up teams. Zidane will take care of the motivating, the press talk and the voodoo stuff and we'll be golden.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun May 27, 2018 1:52 am

Zees wrote:Our priority for next season should be Zidane getting an assistant coach with great tactical prowess in setting up teams. Zidane will take care of the motivating, the press talk and the voodoo stuff and we'll be golden.

if you're getting such a person, why is such a person not a coach? the coach chooses who he wants as his assistants. you might as well fire the coach if you're hiring an assistant when the coach hasn't asked for one , and telling the coach that he should only be giving speeches. you might as well hire the so called tactical prowess guy (who doesn't have a head coaching job) to be your coach , and fire zidane, then re-hire him to be the team's psychologist . we just need players and proper depth.....not castilla scrubs as back ups
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 27, 2018 1:54 am

humm not true, remember when Rijkaard resurrected barca? he had a master assistant coach doing all the tactics. Likewise when Blanc took over PSG and they started playing positional football. It's an odd thing that happens in footy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun May 27, 2018 1:58 am

I saw a recent documentary on Zidane that explains the close ties he has with Betonni since youth days so we might not see Zidane parting ways with him. In any case, i hope Zidane keeps improving as a manager, buys who we need, and sets up a team and motivates them to win La Liga. We need to keep being the Kings of Spain.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 27, 2018 2:12 am

zero chance Bettoni is let go by ZZ... none. And why should he? Explain to me why we should change the coaching staff after winning 3 CLs in a row and a La Liga in 2.5 years.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun May 27, 2018 2:14 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:humm not true, remember when Rijkaard resurrected barca? he had a master assistant coach doing all the tactics. Likewise when Blanc took over PSG and they started playing positional football. It's an odd thing that happens in footy

the club didn't impose those coaches on them. to come to your coach and tell the coach "hey you're good but we'll give you this assistant" is ludicrous, especially in football. you might as well fire the coach, any coach with pride won't stand for that. its different in a sport like basketball or nfl where there are offensive and defensive sets.

and btw rijkaard's so called great asst. coach did little of note when he left, to be a first team coach,(can't remember if it was celtics or ajax he went to, but we heard nothing from him) just as rijkaard did nothing after leaving
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun May 27, 2018 2:15 am

That's a good point and maybe someone can clarify. I don't know much about David Bettoni, but he is not "technically" the assistant coach is he?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun May 27, 2018 2:17 am

He is just part of the coaching staff, but has all the responsibility of an assistant, without the title

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next