Tomwin Lannister
rincon
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Luca
Kaladin
37 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Juve should not be considered an elite club anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: Juve should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by Warrior Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:50 am

Juventus is a Lady, maybe one day some people here will understand this.

We like to keep our best players, like any other team, but we don't challenge them when they ask to leave. That's what happened for Pogba. We refuse every offer until it became clear that the player himself wanted out.

Then the Old Lady raise her chin up, make a doleful smile and said "ok". We all know how women act when they feel offended, well Juve acts the same.

The same will happen for Sandro if he handles a proper transfer request. Yes we like to keep our best players and make them legends in our club. But these legends, they need to be passionate lovers for the Lady you know what i mean...

Del Piero, Buffon, Marchisio, Chiellini... all these players have Juve tattooed on their heart and those are the jewels we like to have in Juventus. We'd prefer a team with a (quality) Juventino in every position rather than a 500 millions worth melting pot.

Always been the case btw, this is not a recent trend. Some might say it lacks ambition, well if you say so look at our trophy case and you'll realize you are wrong. Only thing laughable is the 7 lost CL finals, but at least it means we went 9 times to the Holy Grail of football matches.

Milan fans criticizing Juve's transfer policy is the most ironic situation. 7 years of bull shit and now they give us lessons because they bought superstars KessiƩ + Rodriguez ??

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Juve should not be considered an elite club anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: Juve should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by McLewis Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:02 am

Considering the fire sale we have going on now, I've not much to say about this, but what I will say is that there is no harm in being prudent.

Just because you have the ability to spend oodles of cash, doesn't mean you should. Prudence and a wiliness in the transfer market have served Juve well. More power to them if they want to stay that course.

Think it's more important to actually be a force than to merely project the image of being a force.

For me, it's inevitable. Juve's time will come one way or another.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:27 am

We don't have illimited budget like Real & Barca. For example, when CR7 "wants out" it's because he knows Real will give a raise no matter what.

You feel sad ? Florentino will suck your dick and give you a 5m pay raise. Happy now ?

In Turin we don't have this behavior, mostly because we don't have enough money, but also because NOBODY is bigger than Juventus. It's a mix of self-love and clever wallet management.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:17 am

Warrior wrote:Milan fans criticizing Juve's transfer policy is the most ironic situation. 7 years of bull shit and now they give us lessons because they bought superstars KessiƩ + Rodriguez ??

What does that got to do with anything?

So if i were a Real fan my criticism would be more valid?

What a stupid assertion

Oh and this is about Juve retaining its players, nothing about who you should get in the market
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:21 am

I kind of like what they're doing, tbh Wink
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:46 am

No need to be mad ES Laughing

Just a reminder that Juve knows best when it comes to recruiting. We've rebuilt from 3 major loss over the years and i don't see why the club should make a saga around Sandro's departure.

You see PSG blocking a move for Verratti, it causes many problems. If the club, finally accepts to sell him after saying it's out of question, they will look like ball-less fools. Punish him in the reserves ? This will affect the club's performance. All this drama for a lose-lose situation lol, bravissimo !

Hopefully my old lady doesn't act the same.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:37 am

Warrior wrote:

Then the Old Lady raise her chin up, make a doleful smile and said "ok". We all know how women act when they feel offended, well Juve acts the same.

You and me seem to know two very different kinds of women hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:39 am

ES wrote:

Yes.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:04 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
ES wrote:

Yes.

I will be in Germany sometime in the next 3 months, you want to back up your words with your fists?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:24 pm

For starters, Barca and Madrid do very much have a limited budget. Also, yeah, Jjuve management have a very good idea w.r.t what they are doing though selling Sandro, who is a very good full back, world class even, in today's standards, is really something that they shouldn't have done.

Should not have sold Paul either but I guess that one was very much unavoidable.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:36 pm

been hearing juv fans telling how they wanted to focus more on attacking department with back 4 forever, arent sandro going to be the extremely crucial piece of this?

he's sold for 70m because the thin quality of choice in full back department. u wouldn't get back another similar quality player even u throw back the 70m on market,

unless u use it to fund the 80m on a champion like james and he lead u guys to a treble season, this gonna silence all the haters who questioned the policy.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:49 pm

ES wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
ES wrote:

Yes.

I will be in Germany sometime in the next 3 months, you want to back up your words with your fists?

If you're really up for it I'm ready to fight you any day.

Except Shabbath of course.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:54 pm

Stream your fight on twitch imo, we as GL members can come and place bets like the waving pig merchants we are.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:47 pm

Y'all just a bunch of pussies if you don't stream it on Twitch
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:11 pm

I don't know what Twitch is tbh
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:22 pm

Just because teams want to pick off your players by offering crazy money does not mean it's good business for you to accept it even if you can buy 4/5 alright players with that money. Fair enough if the guy was average himself like Zaza or Lichsteiner but every season Juve are farming out players to the highest bidder. Sandro won't probably be the only one Juve lose, Conte is after Bonucci too and he already had a foot out the door last summer.

Atleti managed to hold on to Koke despite Barca's long-standing interest, same with Saul now. Griezmann has been courted for a good 3/4 seasons and Atleti have managed to hold onto him.

PSG just offered is over 200mill for a 32 year old, they gave a blank check to Messi, we havr been after Alaba and Lewa before yet these all stay at their clubs despite the exorbitant amounts being offered. You don't see their clubs contemplating selling their stars, Bayern even threatened clubs with reporting them to Fifa

You can sugar coat it all you like with the "oh but we've made 2 finals in 3 years" arguments but when Barca manage to claw back money from Messi's pocket and use it to buy Veratti, what then? What happens when United and Chelsea start getting to the latter stages of the CL, simply by buying ready made stars from teams like Juve/Dortmund and co?

This model is only sustainable for so long before it starts a chain reactjon of events of sorts where players start wanting to move because the club can't hold onto stars or because other teams are more attractive in a sporting sense
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:26 pm

Hilarious arguments put here. From these posts you wouldn't realize that the team gets better every year Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:58 pm

rincon wrote:Hilarious arguments put here. From these posts you wouldn't realize that the team gets better every year Laughing

The point is what Juve is doing is not sustainable and if the ambition is to win the CL they will never achieve it if they don't have a good core for years and keep chopping the team left and right. Can you imagine if someone paid a huge sum for Chiellini and broke the Juve defense that has become so good over the years? That's what's happening with the rest of the team. Juve's message seems: if you pay enough, you can get any of our players and that's not the message a top club should send.

I'm sure surprised Juve fans are fine with this. I get that Juve have been successful with this method for a couple of years but what happens when Juve blunder and sign the wrong players? You step back as a team and it's hard to get back up top.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:03 pm

How is this not sustainable? what other way to grow do we have? this is basically the ONLY sustainable way to grow the team. That's basically the whole point.

An unsustainable way would be to spend money in transfers and wages that your budget can't support to get short term success and be broke like the Milan teams.

Another way is to not sell anyone, even for huge profit, and then in turn not be able to sign top players because the budget is not there.

I don't understand most of these points. People think that Juve has Madrid levels of money, we don't.

The team has been getting better every year for 7 years. Everything at the club has grown. How can be surprised that fans are fine? You can be sure that come the end of August, the team will be better than it was in June.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:27 pm

No one is saying sell no one, that would be dumb but don't sell first team players that will be hard to replace.

Are you seriously saying Juventus, a team that reached 2 CL finals in recent years and is the most valuable Italian club, can't afford to keep every good player they have AND add one or two very good players to this already good team?

This way you have the same team that was already very successful, only with added experience plus one or two players who can further elevate the team, and if not then you still have a guaranteed stronger team because this team is more experienced and less likely to flop in CL finals. That's how you improve. Chopping up your already good team only to rebuild again and expect the team to always get better is not how you usually improve, all you're doing is risk getting weaker.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:32 pm

Who is replacing Alex Sandro if he leaves?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:40 pm

As if you need to sell Sandro to fund moves for a fullback, CM and winger lol.

I see the ridiculous loser mentality extends to the fanbase too.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:48 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:As if you need to sell Sandro to fund moves for a fullback, CM and winger lol.

I see the ridiculous loser mentality extends to the fanbase too.

You have no idea what you are talking about, go support your loser coach.

urbaNRoots wrote:Who is replacing Alex Sandro if he leaves?

Can't say, that bridge will be crossed when all this stops becoming hypothetical and actually happens. Excluding very unexpected signings, the best would probably be to bring back Spinazzola. Then use that money to spend on more pressing needs for the team (forwards and midfielders).
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:55 pm

I wanna join the making fun of Rafa line but one must also remember, Rafa actually knows how to win a European final (UCL and Europa) so let's keep that in mind. Allegri lost both his finals with an aggregate score of 7-2.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:57 pm

Rafa won cups over a decade ago. Since then all he does is lose while playing particularly boring football.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:12 pm

rincon wrote:Rafa won cups over a decade ago. Since then all he does is lose while playing particularly boring football.

I agree.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next