Twoism
Jay29
urbaNRoots
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sri
35 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by EL Patron Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:46 pm

Need Debuchy,Perez and Jenkinson to leave if we are to sign any more playa's. We can't register anyone at the moment. We badly need a midfielder. Personally i don't trust anyone there bar Xhaka.

EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Rumours are dead for us.

Wonder how many dropped points will force us into loaning Kallstrom again
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:55 pm

^^My housemate and I just talked about this!
Can't understand why Wenger is so passive.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:57 am

.. because it is now time to drop points before the panic sets off the deadline week trolley dash.

Also, we have way too much deadwood that we have been unable to move on. Pretty sure there is no place in the squad to bring new faces in.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:18 am

It's interesting to note that the top six in general at the moment are very quiet. Things will get going again towards the final two weeks or so.

From our perspective, we need to get rid of players and it's taking way longer than expected.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:21 am

Jay29 wrote:It's interesting to note that the top six in general at the moment are very quiet. Things will get going again towards the final two weeks or so.

From our perspective, we need to get rid of players and it's taking way longer than expected.

Yeah. I was thinking that in the context of a world record transfer, you usually see some sort of domino effect. Barcelona will need to make some moves to replace Neymar so the transfer market won't stay this quiet for the final three weeks. I suspect that their interest in Lemar will either force our hand or see them sign him since they have the capital for him.

Still not 100% sold on Alexis not being.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:37 am

Also difficult to make signings when we have 62 players as it is and none of them want to leave for less money and more football.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:11 pm

N'Zonzi wants to leave Sevilla. £35m release clause.

Arsenal should be all over this.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:34 pm

who else is interested in him?
N’Zonzi+Lemar drunken
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:36 pm

So who will be replacement for Sanchez and Oxlade?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:11 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:So who will be replacement for Sanchez and Oxlade?

N'Zonzi and Lemar
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:41 am

N'zonzi the same midfielder we spend 3 years doggin down because he played for stoke haha .

A pivot of Xhaka and N'zonzi is too static and slow I think. Xhaka started working well with Ramsey during the end of the season. So if we are going to look for a midfielder, we should be looking at someone in the mould of/ better version of Aaron Ramsey.

Well that or something like Santi.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:32 am

Wenger on Mahrez:

"We were never close... I rate him as a player but we have similar types with [Alex] Iwobi and [Jack] Wilshere back."

"[With] Ozil [too], we have plenty of the same type of players.”

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:55 am

Wait, Wilshere?
--

The lack of activity, though almost completely explicable, is a tad irksome. It's so frustrating, how repetitive our travails every season have become!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:17 am

Ornstein spoke about our transfer on BBC Radio 5Live last night. He said Lemar is still a target but it's very unlikely now. He also said "there's scope" to bring in one more player (didn't give a name) but the club's priority is getting rid of players now.

Sounds like we've chased just one player and hit a dead end. That's never happened before Laughing

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:18 am

Wenger is right, you don't need him.

You need an actual winger, not a 10 masquerading as one. Thus the Lemar links, but i guess that's not going to happen though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:30 am

I'm not all that bothered about Mahrez, honestly. I think most of us agreed before that we needed a different type of attacker.

What I think has happened now is that we've given up on Lemar and have decided we have enough in attack (aka we had no backup choice). Maybe we'll try and sign a midfielder now.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:43 am

I think our midfield needs more fixing than the wing, especially if we're going with 3 at the back. Or?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:41 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Wenger is right, you don't need him.

You need an actual winger, not a 10 masquerading as one. Thus the Lemar links, but i guess that's not going to happen though.

Even if he is a 10 playing out of his position, he still would be a better option than Walcott in that position
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:50 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Wenger is right, you don't need him.

Even if he is a 10 playing out of his position, he still would be a better option than Walcott in that position

Well you are not wrong ofc, but considering the charity shield game and Walcott didn't even start without Ramsey, Ozil and Sanchez i'd say that's the least of your concerns.

Realistically i think you need a winger, CM and CB, but you can get away with it IF you get lucky with injuries.

I doubt that happens though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:02 pm

The issue we have on the flanks is that Welbeck and Iwobi have zero end product. Walcott gets you 10+ goals a season without even being a starter so for me he's never an issue, whereas a 10 goal seaosn would be amazing for Welbeck. I like Welbeck and think he offers a lot, but if there's no Alexis or Ozil we need goals and creativity, not just pace and hard work.

In an ideal world, we'd sell Welbeck and Walcott, loan out Iwobi and sign a new winger. But Walcott's probably retiring with us, nobody wants Welbeck and Iwobi has to be cover, so we can't do much there.

CM is a must. I really want N'Zonzi here. He can do more than sit in midfield. Him and Xhaka would keep possession for fun and unlike Ramsey, N'Zonzi wouldn't leave Xhaka on an island to defend on his own.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:52 pm

where is our opportunistic signing for this summer?
im disappoint Mad
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:55 am

From Wenger's press conference this morning:

Wilshere will stay for the season.

Chamberlain is not being sold to Chelsea.

No progress on a new deal for Alexis.

Wenger is "busy" trying to sell players.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:11 am

Each of them is in the last year of contract right?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:21 am

Yup. Laughing

Imagine us trying to replace Chamberlain, Ozil and Alexis next summer. I'm laughing already.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:23 am

Also World Cup year so wheee
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next