Twoism
Jay29
urbaNRoots
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sri
35 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:09 pm

N'Zonzi-Xhaka would be great. Almost as good as N'Zonzi-Banega.

In all seriousness, there hasn't been many links to CMs so far. It seems like after we finish our attacking signings, that'll be it unless someone leaves. Wenger did say he only wanted two or three, after all.

Which would suck because at the moment we'd be going into next with injury-prone Ramsey as a starter with Elneny and Coquelin as backup. We won't get very far with those options.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:56 pm

Jay29 wrote:This weekend is making me think we're going to sign Lacazette and Mahrez and keeep Alexis and Ozil. I'm scared. Laughing

Imagine having two, maybe three signings done before our first pre-season game.

see what happens when we zone positive energy.

And can we with the formation we ended with last season with all of Mahrez, Alexis and Ozil?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:58 pm

The most serious link with a CM has been  Nice's Jean Michael Seri just 5 days ago (via Guardian, also Wenger and Gazidis were spotted in Nice).

Understand that Arsenal are still interested in signing Jean Michaël #Seri from Nice. Roma unwilling to meet his €40m release clause

https://twitter.com/ed_aarons/status/879972851155177472

Ramsey is Wenger's son so I doubt he will make a big signing to threaten his position. Foolish of course as Ramsey is not only inconsistent but injury prone as well, Cazorla is out until 2018 (probably longer), Elneny is average, Wilshere should be gone.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:14 pm

Leicester Internet Bullshit Artist (Laughing) says Mahrez to Arsenal is done £35m plus add ons.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:06 am

I'm still wary of the Mahrez stuff because it's unusually quiet for a transfer that's supposed to be close.  No Ornstein/Olly/Wilson reports at all.

Cazorla out until April now. We have to sign someone.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/824374/Arsenal-Exclusive-Santi-Cazorla-Gunners-Injury-Premier-League-Contract-Arsene-Wenger-News

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:24 am

I very much like the prospect of Lacazette, Alexis and Özil spearheading our attack even if it means we're risking losing Sanchez for free. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that a good transfer window, title challenge and a lavish contract offer (or any one of the three) convince him to stay now or at any point during the season.

But as has been said, we haven't received any bids yet and the numbers we've seen quoted in reports are paltry to say the least.

Got to hope that Cazorla news isn't true. I wasn't expecting his body to be up to allowing him to play a crucial role for us ever again but for him to stay on a full season and basically not get to play would be painful to see. Then again, maybe he makes one last FA Cup final masterclass appearance next season vs Chelsea.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:56 am

Hopefully Wenger doesn't get blinded by his love for Ramsey/Wilshere, we absolutely need a new CM... even a U21 cheaper talent like Goretzka/Ceballos would be acceptable.

Also we're not hearing a lot of outgoing rumours (aside from players we actually want to keep).

Gibbs, Debuchy, Wilshere, Jenkinson, Gabriel, Campbell, Elneny, Ospina, Perez, Walcott possibly Giroud/Oxlade-Chamberlain should all be used to raise funds for better players.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:05 am

There are outgoing rumours.

Gibbs is wanted to by Watford, Stoke and Brighton, but we're asking for £15m and he wants £80k p/w, so nothing has happened yet.

Wilshere is linked with West Ham but clubs are being put off by his injury record.

Gabriel was linked with Valencia but he's injured.

Ospina was about to join Fenerbahce but the move collapsed over the transfer fee. LA Galaxy want him, as did Nantes.

Lucas is being linked with every La Liga club possible except the big three.

Giroud is wanted by Everton, West Ham, Marseille and Lyon.

Chamberlain is being linked with Liverpool, Chelsea and City.

Nothing on Debucy, Jenkinson, Elneny, Campbell or Walcott as yet.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:04 pm

Completely forgot we still have Debuchy.

Is Wilshere so far gone that he has no future at Arsenal?
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:09 pm

He was dropped by a mid-table Bournemouth for being crap and can't go a year without injury. I think it's safe to say he's done at Arsenal.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:36 pm

With a halfway competent manager, the fabled Brit core + dat guy would have actually accomplished something.

And we wouldn't be losing Alexis and Özil in one window, reminiscent of the summer where we sold Nasri and Fabregas.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Really? Gibbs and Jenkinson were always average, Welbeck is a poor finisher no matter his other qualities, and Wilshere has always been injury prone. Most manager would have ditched half of these guys.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:49 pm

We know that now - not when the club decided to make a lot of hullabaloo in 2012/13 when tying them down.

They were all decent youngsters. When a well coached team like Leicester can win the league while we twiddled our thumbs, there is no reason these lads couldn't have accomplished something with the right tutelage and system.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:50 pm

Wilshere and Oxlade were seriously overplayed as teens before they became so injury prone. There's also an argument in there somewhere for taking better care of younger players.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:11 pm

Decent youngsters were never going to win us titles, though. If you're going to bring up Leicester you might as well say that ANY team can win the league with the right system.

I know you like to shit on Wenger but winning things with Gibbs, Jenkinson, Welbeck, Ramsey, Wilshere, Chamberlain, and Walcott as a "core" would have been a miracle. I don't buy that a better manager would have succeeded with these guys.

Out of all of them, Ramsey and Walcott were the only ones to have outstanding seasons and they never replicated it.

Also, only Wilshere was overplayed. Chamberlain wasn't.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:32 pm

Wilshere was ruined by injuries, plain and simple.

Or to be more precise, his injury history and his certain lack of brains reinforced one another.
He was injured for too long stretches to develop further his tactical and game intelligence, and every time he got back his lack of game intelligence led him to go into challenges that would end up hurting him.
The latter of course was just being a tiny part, most was bad luck.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:48 pm

Wilshere is the only who was really unlucky with injuries and it was not because of Wenger either. Most of his injuries were impact injuries caused by reckless tackling (*bleep* you Agger and especially McNair the inbred *bleep*).

If anything Wenger has been too kind to some of them and gave these players a career at a top club when they didn't deserve it.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:56 pm

He's always been a pretty thick player though, i said this when everyone was hyping him after that performance at Barca that he needs to get better when it comes to decision making and intelligence.

He never did, you can argue that injuries prevented that from ever happening but i personally think he's just not a very intelligent footballer and he never would have adapted.

Chamberlain is the same, they are both pretty thick. Same case with most English players really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:06 pm

He played 49 games when was 17, in central midfield. I think that did contribute to his injury problems, especially if he had dodgy ankles.

But he did come back and have stretches without injury. 2012/13 and 2014/15 come to mind. Rather than get better, he seemed to get worse.

You look at him now and he's just squat, bulky mess who can barely move. Laughing

He could never adapt to a role either. We blamed Wenger for constantly changing his position but wherever you put him there was something wrong. Not intelligent enough to play as a 10, but not disciplined enough to play in a double pivot. We tried him out at 8 and our midfield was open as hell.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:07 pm

In other news:

"La Tercera | All signs point to Alexis staying at #afc, where he is regarded as a genuine and a key figure."

To convince Alexis to stay, #afc offered him a big contract that is worth £300k a week.
http://www.latercera.com/noticia/alexis-camiseta/
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:11 pm

hmm

I'll be impressed if you get Alexis to stay tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:14 pm

Slow Sports News rofl Lacazette's been at Arsenal since this morning.

I still think Alexis will leave. I'm just conditioned to thinking that Arsenal will take the money instead of risking him leaving for free.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:31 pm

We should be swapping Sanchez for Douglas Costa.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Also, I don't understand how one transfer for us can take so long while teams like City, Milan and *bleep* Everton are picking up players like they are having a stroll at a grocery store.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:57 pm

Jay29 wrote:
I know you like to shit on Wenger

The rest of your post is your perspective and I respect your right to that. But this part here is judgmental.

I have been a supporter of this club for as long as you, if not more. Granted, I don't live in/around London to have regular opportunities to watch games at the Emirates or hold a season ticket. That doesn't take away anything from my dedication to this club, its board, and its manager for over 15 years now.

To say that I like to 'shit on Wenger', I find, is rather unfair. What, is he now so big that one doesn't have to right to criticize him any more?
Do you genuinely not feel an iota of aggravation at how we have stagnated and even regressed under his stewardship in the last 5 or so years, after the stadium excuse is behind us? Are we going to pretend that we are oblivious to his obvious systemic flaws and poor man and squad management? Do his tactics and stubbornness leave nothing to be desired?

I could go on. Or maybe I should be digging up posts in this section over the years where I have vehemently defended him tooth and nail through good times and bad, before I lost my faith in him?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:25 pm

To start with, in no way was I saying that you can't criticise Wenger. Nor did I ever question your support. Frankly, how long you've been a supporter for and how dedicated you are makes no difference to me.

Maybe I shouldn't have phrased my post in the way I did, but the implication was that your recent criticism of Wenger - and the majority of your recent posts have been derogatory remarks about him and his decisions - had led to a bias where you are now, in my view, criticising him unfairly. You might feel that your criticisms are valid and I respect that, but I don't agree with all of them, and all I thought was that on this occasion you were overreaching in an attempt to criticise him again.

In any case, going by the tone and content of your posts this season, I didn't think it was "unfair" to say that you like to shit on Wenger. If that wording offends you, then take it to mean that you like to criticise Wenger. Whether it's a judgement or observation, it doesn't mean I don't understand your position. You can find many posts from me where I've been critical of the manager.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next