2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

+52
juvealbanian
windkick
Onyx
Warrior
zigra
iftikhar
CBarca
chemicalboy99
Nivash
futbol_bill
Socur Toxanarosa
elitedam
ExtremistEnigma
ioilersrock448
urbaNRoots
Glory
dronte
breva
Abramovich
BarrileteCosmico
Jay29
Helmer
Robespierre
Hapless_Hans
halamadrid2
FilthyLuca
footyfan01
juve_gigi
Tomwin Lannister
Blue
Valkyrja
farfan
RealGunner
Lucifer
Luca
Casciavit
Kaladin
B-Mac
Doc
Great Leader Sprucenuce
sportsczy
Firenze
Kick
rincon
Blue Barrett
Unique
Mr Nick09
Arquitecto
Winter is Coming
Freeza
M99
S
56 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Unique Tue May 23, 2017 10:54 pm

Firenze wrote:come on now

more chance of me starting for Milan next season

I'm sure Milan are heavily interested in signing top players, but top players aren't heavily interested in signing for  Milan
the only reason top players agree to join manure is because they are bribed to do so and you think they come for the football gtfo Laughing

Unique
BOSS MAN

Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Firenze Tue May 23, 2017 10:56 pm

they come to us because we're the biggest club in the world, pretty simple to understand
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 34267
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Kaladin Tue May 23, 2017 10:57 pm

Not even that mate

Top players are at the behest of super agents like Raiola and Mendes, what better way make a truckload than to take United for a joyride
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24585
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Unique Tue May 23, 2017 10:59 pm

Firenze wrote:they come to us because we're the biggest club in the world, pretty simple to understand
yeah they just have to finish 6th in the premier league and win a poverty league cup its what all the top players dream of. I mean why dream of winning titles and champions leagues when you could be coming 6th in the premier lge. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Unique Tue May 23, 2017 11:00 pm

Firenze wrote:they come to us because we're the biggest club in the world, pretty simple to understand
you are not even the biggest club in Manchester now Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Kaladin Tue May 23, 2017 11:01 pm

Also, no idea why im siding with you

Tfw when 6th place clubs in Serie A/PL attract better players than Pool rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24585
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Unique Tue May 23, 2017 11:05 pm

ES wrote:Also, no idea why im siding with you

Tfw when 6th place clubs in Serie A/PL attract better players than Pool rofl
Burnley will attract better players than Liverpool if they pay them enough. There are only 2 ways a club will get a top player one is the team are winning titles and and champions leagues and they go for the football. 2 they go to a shit team because they bribe them with silly money. Milan and Man U are not winning titles and champions leagues so that kind of narrows it down. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Firenze Tue May 23, 2017 11:13 pm

You keep thinking the only reason Loserpool aren't pulling in top players like their rivals is because you refuse to pay them as much if it makes you feel better. It's not because you've won 1 trophy in the last decade, huh.

We attract players because we are the biggest brand in football, the most recognizable club in the world and as such we have the funds to pay players well, top players expect to be paid well, it's different from paying no name melts like Henderson 50K p/w. If you want a top player, you pay them well. They come to us because we win trophies (more trophies in the last few years than Loserpool have dating back to the 80s)

but yeah keep thinking it's because we pay players and you don't

nah, it's because you're a nothing club that have qualified for the CL like 3 times in 10 years and done nothing of note in it.

The most excitement you're gonna get in this transfer thread this summer is trying to rustle me.


Last edited by Firenze on Tue May 23, 2017 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 34267
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Unique Tue May 23, 2017 11:20 pm

Firenze wrote:You keep thinking the only reason Loserpool aren't pulling in top players like their rivals is because you refuse to pay them as much if it makes you feel better. It's not because you've won 1 trophy in the last decade, huh.

We attract players because we are the biggest brand in football, the most recognizable club in the world and as such we have the funds to pay players well, top players expect to be paid well, it's different from playing no name melts like Henderson 50K p/w. If you want a top player, you pay them well. They come to us because we win trophies (more trophies in the last few years than Loserpool have dating back to the 80s)

but yeah keep thinking it's because we pay players and you don't

nah, it's because you're a nothing club that have qualified for the CL like 3 times in 10 years and done nothing of note in it.

The most excitement you're gonna get in this transfer thread this summer is trying to rustle me.
listen Chelsea and city were mid table clubs that had average players. As soon as the rich owners came in they were buying the top players. It's all about the money. Juve just won the league and cup double and have a great chance of winning the champions lge yet pogba gave that up for the carling cup and a 6th place finish or did he give it up to make 3 times more money. Ibra left psg who were winning titles and doing ok in the champions league for a team that finished 6th and who were not even in the champions lge. Why because you paid him 3 times more money. I know you like to think players give up there dreams to finish 6th with Man U but they don't. They do it for the money Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 23, 2017 11:28 pm

Lol there's a reason why even Liverpool's most well known signings in recent years weren't established at the top level, even Suarez wasn't.

Their inability to be relevant at the top level for pretty much the last decade has basically meant  players don't exactly find them the most attractive destination.

They don't care what they did in the 70s and 80s as they weren't alive then  lol, Spurs have the same issue and they have a much worse history than Liverpool although if they continue to improve that might change.

That's the reality of their situation, the same thing will happen to Man Yoo as well regardless of money if they still irrelevant for too long but that will take a long time.

Money doesn't really have an impact here and not the reason they can't attract the players you want.

Unlike the other guys, i'm not even slightly trying to troll either. That's just the reality i'm afraid, it could have been very different if you convinced Suarez to stay and continued to improve but alas.

You are just going to have to buy players like Mane for the foreseeable future until such time comes where you can start to sign established players.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Unique Wed May 24, 2017 12:05 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Lol there's a reason why even Liverpool's most well known signings in recent years weren't established at the top level, even Suarez wasn't.

Their inability to be relevant at the top level for pretty much the last decade has basically meant  players don't exactly find them the most attractive destination.

They don't care what they did in the 70s and 80s as they weren't alive then  lol, Spurs have the same issue and they have a much worse history than Liverpool although if they continue to improve that might change.

That's the reality of their situation, the same thing will happen to Man Yoo as well regardless of money if they still irrelevant for too long but that will take a long time.

Money doesn't really have an impact here and not the reason they can't attract the players you want.

Unlike the other guys, i'm not even slightly trying to troll either. That's just the reality i'm afraid, it could have been very different if you convinced Suarez to stay and continued to improve but alas.

You are just going to have to buy players like Mane for the foreseeable future until such time comes where you can start to sign established players.
if bill gates took over at Liverpool tomorrow and started signing blank checks we would be getting the best players out there this summer and that's a fact. money talks
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 24, 2017 12:26 am

i agree money talks, although ibra was a poor example because he was making more money with PSG, he just decided to leave them.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Unique Wed May 24, 2017 12:34 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:i agree money talks, although ibra was a poor example because he was making more money with PSG, he just decided to leave them.
thought ibra was on about 600k per week at Man U
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by CBarca Wed May 24, 2017 2:29 am

Sure money talks but can Liverpool offer players a chance at the treble?

With Liverpool what you're offering them is a chance at a KFC cup every 5-10 years. Man U is the biggest club in the world and is competing for multiple trophies every season.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 20401
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 24, 2017 2:37 am

CBarca wrote:Sure money talks but can Liverpool offer players a chance at the treble?

With Liverpool what you're offering them is a chance at a KFC cup every 5-10 years. Man U is the biggest club in the world and is competing for multiple trophies every season.


This hasn't been true since mid 2008
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28302
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by CBarca Wed May 24, 2017 2:42 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
CBarca wrote:Sure money talks but can Liverpool offer players a chance at the treble?

With Liverpool what you're offering them is a chance at a KFC cup every 5-10 years. Man U is the biggest club in the world and is competing for multiple trophies every season.


This hasn't been true since mid 2008


Explain to me then how Man U are currently looking to complete a treble?

Sure maybe it wasn't true under Moyesie but Moyesie was a disaster. LVG and Mou have gotten Man U back on the right track and that's evident now with multiple deep cup runs.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 20401
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Unique Wed May 24, 2017 2:46 am

CBarca wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
CBarca wrote:Sure money talks but can Liverpool offer players a chance at the treble?

With Liverpool what you're offering them is a chance at a KFC cup every 5-10 years. Man U is the biggest club in the world and is competing for multiple trophies every season.


This hasn't been true since mid 2008


Explain to me then how Man U are currently looking to complete a treble?

Sure maybe it wasn't true under Moyesie but Moyesie was a disaster. LVG and Mou have gotten Man U back on the right track and that's evident now with multiple deep cup runs.
stop with this treble shit you sound like frenzy ffs. They have won a league cup and that's all.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Firenze Wed May 24, 2017 3:37 am

Unique wrote:
CBarca wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:


This hasn't been true since mid 2008


Explain to me then how Man U are currently looking to complete a treble?

Sure maybe it wasn't true under Moyesie but Moyesie was a disaster. LVG and Mou have gotten Man U back on the right track and that's evident now with multiple deep cup runs.
stop with this treble shit you sound like frenzy ffs. They have won a league cup and that's all.


2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Slowpoke2
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 34267
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed May 24, 2017 4:14 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Lol there's a reason why even Liverpool's most well known signings in recent years weren't established at the top level, even Suarez wasn't.

Their inability to be relevant at the top level for pretty much the last decade has basically meant  players don't exactly find them the most attractive destination.

They don't care what they did in the 70s and 80s as they weren't alive then  lol, Spurs have the same issue and they have a much worse history than Liverpool although if they continue to improve that might change.

That's the reality of their situation, the same thing will happen to Man Yoo as well regardless of money if they still irrelevant for too long but that will take a long time.

Money doesn't really have an impact here and not the reason they can't attract the players you want.

Unlike the other guys, i'm not even slightly trying to troll either. That's just the reality i'm afraid, it could have been very different if you convinced Suarez to stay and continued to improve but alas.

You are just going to have to buy players like Mane for the foreseeable future until such time comes where you can start to sign established players.

We haven't signed established players any time in our history, even at our peak. One of the main reasons is that Liverpool as a city is not really an attractive, exciting destination for players to move to.

Unless we get an oil tycoon as our owner who is willing to splurge extravagant fees/wages on players, that fact is never going to change.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2535
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by sportsczy Wed May 24, 2017 4:47 am

hmm... not sure about that. Fernando Torres was a huge signing. Back in the day... Dalglish was signed for a world record transfer fee back then and Souness was second. Ian Rush was signed for a record fee for a teenager.

I can go on and on.

Liverpool were, by far, the club that spent the most money in the UK when I was in my teens.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 21514
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed May 24, 2017 6:09 am

Atletico Madrid (back then), Celtic, and Chester City were/are smaller clubs than Liverpool though.

We even broke the British transfer record by signing Carroll for 35m.. doesn't mean much.

To put this in perspective, for example, we cannot sign players like Man Utd who bought Pogba from Juventus and Arsenal who bought Ozil/Alexis from Madrid/Barcelona.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2535
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Nivash Wed May 24, 2017 8:25 am

Unique wrote:if bill gates took over at Liverpool tomorrow and started signing blank checks we would be getting the best players out there this summer and that's a fact. money talks


No big player signed for Chelsea or City until they started winning/legitimately competing. Expensive players, and promising players who met or exceeded their potential/reputation at that point, but no legitimately big players

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 336
Join date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 24, 2017 10:37 am

Bild reporting that Sanchez is too expensive for Bayern and they're going to look at other options. hmm
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 10352
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by zigra Wed May 24, 2017 10:44 am

Money talks but money isn't just down to the salary your club pays you. Many players make massive money from advertising etc and the club you play for has a big influence on how much you get out of that so even if you play for a club that pays you less itself you might end up with more money.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax
Posts : 4247
Join date : 2013-08-15

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 24, 2017 11:12 am

i think very few actually make massive money from ad and endorsement deals. you are talking about a dozen or so players. the rest still heavily rely on their contracts, not everyone is a CR, neymar, pogba etc...

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 24, 2017 12:24 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Bild reporting that Sanchez is too expensive for Bayern and they're going to look at other options. hmm


Good. They say he wants 25m € per year. That's ~66% more than our top earners.
He can go *bleep* off to China or City IMO
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 34047
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum