Paul Pogba, the biggest fraud of our time?

+32
M99
Warrior
Myesyats
The Demon of Carthage
Thimmy
Glory
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Adit
futbol_bill
Doc
huntsman
jibers
BarcaLearning
Jay29
Mr Nick09
free_cat
Harmonica
CBarca
Luca
sportsczy
zigra
Nishankly
RealGunner
Unique
Robespierre
farfan
rincon
Hapless_Hans
Firenze
Lucifer
Turok_TTZ
Tomwin Lannister
36 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Paul Pogba, the biggest fraud of our time? - Page 5 Empty Re: Paul Pogba, the biggest fraud of our time?

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:22 pm

Barca should have bought him free... he wanted to go there for less money too. What happened?

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Paul Pogba, the biggest fraud of our time? - Page 5 Empty Re: Paul Pogba, the biggest fraud of our time?

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:25 pm

Matuidi has been crap Nick.  He gets caught up the pitch all the time.  If you look at the defensive stats for the Euro, Pogba's were actually better Laughing  He covered more ground, won more duels, allowed fewer players passed him and recovered more balls.  In fact, Deschamps tried Matuidi on the right for a game at the Euro (Pogba's best game as he was on the left)... he was so awful that he had to put him back on the left!

Reason that people criticize Pogba is that they expect him to do all that and make assists/score goals.  In fact, he could be utter crap at his CM role yet make assist/score goals and people would say he was fantastic.

I don't rate CM's like that.

In any case, Kante is going to be the water carrier for France or Deschamps is an idiot. That should at least free up Pogba to move up the pitch at least.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:27 pm

sportsczy wrote:Barca should have bought him free... he wanted to go there for less money too. What happened?

Neymar's raise happened and then funds only sufficed for one André Gomes
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Barca should have bought him free... he wanted to go there for less money too. What happened?

Neymar's raise happened and then funds only sufficed for one André Gomes
It was hard call anyway to choose between Andre Gomes and Paul Pogba.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:04 pm

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:21 pm

sums up his second spell with us

good riddance, let him go tear up Ligue 1 or Serie A again
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:42 pm

I was called a hater for criticizing this guy Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:56 pm

As opposed to you, I always rated him. He's one of the best players in the world, no doubt.
Spoiler:
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:15 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:He's a professional and he's getting paid generously for the mediocre service he's providing. It doesn't matter whether or not you get along with your coach. It doesn't matter whether or not you feel the system is not getting the best out of you. When you get out there and step into the field, you must give 100% and carry out your duties to the best of your abilities.

Surely, you don't need a tailored masterstroke of a plan to make a simple pass, right?

I don't rate Mourinho at all. He's a toxic, childish has-been who does more harm than good wherever he goes, and I'm pretty sure his negative, soul-sucking football is partly to blame for Pogba's amateurish display. But there are things, really simply things that Pogba, as a professional football player, should be able to do with insane ease and yet he's failing at them miserably.

He's an overrated player who can only thrive in a very specific system, but he's not a world beater. Never was and I'm guessing probably never will.

Paul Pogba, the biggest fraud of our time? - Page 5 20201001011

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:26 pm

Yes, that's why I put the Mourinho laughing picture as a spoilter. I thought it was obvious I was being ironic?

It's pretty well-documented how much I don't rate him Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:31 pm

His downfall coincides with a poor career choice. While a return to Man Utd was understandable, staying there for years under such dysfunctional management ruined him. With France he does not seem to have lost his football and i believe he can turn it around at club level.

PSG (or maaaybe Juve) most likely destination
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:25 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnuK6r2-ziM
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:58 pm

There was a chance for him to come to Madrid and his numpty ass declined us in favor of a return to manutd. From that point on I questioned his judgement and decision making. Years later it seems he is in fact overrated. Sorry sports, I genuinely believe Pogba did us a favor in his declination. He should have yes when he had the chance before he was exposed a fraud. His stock has fallen so low that I don't even fear him going to barca.

I hear some reports every now and then that Now he wants Madrid. That ship has long sailed and is never returning to port.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:36 pm

Juve willing to let him leave for as little as 10 million allegedly

I prefer not to speak..
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:13 pm

Warrior wrote:His downfall coincides with a poor career choice. While a return to Man Utd was understandable, staying there for years under such dysfunctional management ruined him. With France he does not seem to have lost his football and i believe he can turn it around at club level.

PSG (or maaaybe Juve) most likely destination

I know I've pointed this out before, but the world cup is a short tournament where even players who aren't big names for their club teams can shine simply by performing in short bursts. I just don't think it's a very good indication of sustainable ability, personally. It's not like Pogba hasn't had some great performances for Man United, just ask Arsenal Razz Incredible inconsistency has been his primary issue for Man United, as far as I can tell, and I'm not sure why so many people seemed to think his World Cup performances indicated that Man United were holding him back somehow.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:29 pm

what are you talking about, he had one good game vs us, in a game where we should've won 6-3 if it wasn't for De Gea
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:16 pm

He had several of his best performances for Man United against you. It was the same with CR7. I'm not sure why certain players seem to shine against Arsenal in particular. I'm not throwing shade at Arsenal, they're my favorite team in the PL. it's just a pattern that I've noticed over the past decade or so 😅
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:25 pm

Pogba wants to play the Euro... he's not going to Saudi Arabia. Next summer, yes.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:45 pm

We need Pogba in midfield. For me it's very simple. If he's healthy he plays for Juve next season, if injured again we might as well release him and he joins Saudi or MLS club whatever...
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:56 am

Thimmy wrote:He had several of his best performances for Man United against you. It was the same with CR7. I'm not sure why certain players seem to shine against Arsenal in particular. I'm not throwing shade at Arsenal, they're my favorite team in the PL. it's just a pattern that I've noticed over the past decade or so 😅

Similarly Ronaldo only had one standout good game against us too... the CL semi at the Emirates in 2009. It seems like scoring or assisting two goals against us in a game = several best performances in your mind hmm

Players that qualify for this statement are Messi, Rooney, Drogba, Aguero

in fact, Pogba has had two red cards in 8 apps vs us, seems like you're remembering the other way around, matey

https://i.servimg.com/u/f69/18/75/76/10/rc_pog10.png
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:18 am

El Gunner wrote:
Thimmy wrote:He had several of his best performances for Man United against you. It was the same with CR7. I'm not sure why certain players seem to shine against Arsenal in particular. I'm not throwing shade at Arsenal, they're my favorite team in the PL. it's just a pattern that I've noticed over the past decade or so 😅

Similarly Ronaldo only had one standout good game against us too... the CL semi at the Emirates in 2009. It seems like scoring or assisting two goals against us in a game = several best performances in your mind hmm

in fact, Pogba has had two red cards in 8 apps vs us, seems like you're remembering the other way around, matey

Obviously, red cards aren't a good indication of a good performance, nonetheless, I've seen him play some of his best performances against Arsenal under various managers. Consistency has been a persistent issue of his throughout his career at Man United, yet that has never been an issue for him against Arsenal. The red cards don't change that. CR was asked in an interview once if Arsenal were his favorite opponent team, to which he just laughed.

Of course, I'm sure my definition of a good performance is objective, but it doesn't seem to me like I'm the only one who's noticed this. At least we can agree that there are other players who have good track records against Arsenal, and you even included Messi who doesn't play in the same league. I don't know what to tell you.

"Best" might be an exaggeration. I've never seen him play poorly against Arsenal. Even when he's gone through a patch of being so bad that I thought he was generally working towards the goals of his team, he would always look closer to his peak performance against Arsenal. I'm pretty sure I even called it once on here, prior to a match between the two clubs. Either he's got a personal grudge against the club, or they've just been allowing him the space he needs in order to thrive. Maybe that's a more nuanced way of putting it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:55 am

Arsenal are a big team, players like to get up for a big team in general. Many players admired Titi, Pires, Bergkamp and Wengerball growing up.

You don't have to say anything much else, not being confrontational, I'm just correcting you, coz I believe your statement is objectively untrue and polluted with "big game" judgment. You probably watch more Arsenal v Man Utd games than any other singular fixture in the PL, and perhaps that's why you think so.

Also i don't know why Ronaldo would laugh at that or confirm it when it is more known that he loves to beat up on Spurs. I'm sure Ronaldo has scored a decent amount of goals against us by virtue of just playing a lot of games against us and being a good goalscorer, but the only dominant performance i can remember is that 2009 CL one.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:15 pm

Thimmy wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

Of course, I'm sure my definition of a good performance is objective, but it doesn't seem to me

I meant to say ’subjective’. I haven’t been getting a lot of sleep lately Laughing

I definitely do not watch Man United vs Arsenal games more than any other singular fixture in the PL. I typically watch all of Man United’s matches, and I watched all but one or two matches from Man City last season.

The Arsenal vs Man United matches don’t particularly stand out in my memory, but I was keeping track of Pogba’s performances for a while, and those matches against Arsenal always seemed to break him out of a chain of poor performances, if only briefly. Arsenal will probably always be my favorite team in the PL due to sentimental reasons, but I haven’t watched them regularly over the past decade.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:02 pm

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:32 pm

Fucking BS
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:48 pm

He was so good in his first Juve stint. Streets will not forget him

Sadly not consistent and comitted enough to maintain a high level. I blame tiktok and instagram

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next