free_cat
Myesyats
windkick
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Next Barcelona Manager Discussion Empty Next Barcelona Manager Discussion

Post by windkick Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:13 pm

Figured we should centralize discussion of future candidates away from Lucho's thread. I might of not been a fan of the guy, but he still did some great things with us and I respect that.

These are the names tossed around

Valverde (Atletic Bilbao)
Sampaoli (Sevilla)
Koeman (Everton)
Allegri (Juventus)
Klopp (Liverpool)
Unzue (Barcelona Assistant)
Blanc (unattached)

These managers have been linked with us but have already came out and said they wouldn't accept the role

Eusebio (Real Sociedad)
Wenger (Arsenal)
Pochettino (Spurs)
Beisla (signed with Lillie)

Last edited by windkick on Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Next Barcelona Manager Discussion Empty Re: Next Barcelona Manager Discussion

Post by windkick Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:19 pm

In case anyone is wondering, Xavi has a contract with his current club Al-Sadd until 2018 (he signed a contract extension). I've read he is getting his manager license while living in Qatar but I don't know any real details about that. Point being that if he were to return to the club to coach, it wouldn't be until the 2018-2019 season at the soonest; and if anything that season he would probably take over the B team for a year or 2 like Pep did with us before taking over the first team. So more than likely whoever becomes the next coach will then later on be succeeded by Xavi in the future, but is definitely not an option by any means for now.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:39 pm

Valverde or Sampaoli would be fine or even great but knowing this board I expect Jordi Roura or some other major scrub. I hope for the best though because otherwise I'll probably get completely disinterested in futbol.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:54 am

For me:

Best choices:
Valverde (Atletic Bilbao)
Sampaoli (Sevilla)

Acceptable choices:
Allegri (Juventus)
Blanc (unattached)
Eusebio (Real Sociedad)
Pocchetino (Spurs)

No *bleep* way:
Koeman (Everton)
Klopp (Liverpool)
Unzue (Barcelona Assistant)
Bielsa (unattached)
Wenger

You will wonder why I put Klopp down there. Although I like him as a coach, there's no way he could work for us. All he cares is his gegenpressing and high tempo, impossible to work at Barça with our current squad. The pressing would be great, the high tempo and ultra direct attacking wouldn't work.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:20 am

Eusebio Sacristán an acceptable choice? Surely you're being sarcastic or a mistake sneaked into your post.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:17 am

Myesyats wrote:Eusebio Sacristán an acceptable choice? Surely you're being sarcastic or a mistake sneaked into your post.

I'm not a fan, didn't love him at Barça B and he had a terrible spell at Celta. However, he is doing very well since he took over at Real Sociedad, and after the tactical bath Real Sociedad gave us this season at their stadium, he showed he is clearly better than Lucho. Hence, acceptable.

On Klopp, look at how he is failing in England because he can't win teams that setup on the counter. Imagine that at Barça, were 95% of the teams would set up at counter....
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:35 am

First Allegri would be much better than acceptable. He should be a dream appointment honestly even over Sampaoli.

Second Klopp is not failing in England. He put too much faith into the same garbage squad that Brendan Rodgers built and was mid table with.

The worst thing that happened to us was over achieving last season in Klopp's first six months. He thought the players were better than they were.

And now he's realizing technically the Liverpool squad is awful. The midfield is cancerous and cannot break down anything resembling a defensive ream.

He will hopefully put that right in the summer transfer window with a huge squad turnover.

With the quality of Barca's midfield specially technically, he will be more than fine in breaking down defensive teams.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:19 am

Pippo.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:41 am

Don't call me James wrote:First Allegri would be much better than acceptable. He should be a dream appointment honestly even over Sampaoli.

Second Klopp is not failing in England. He put too much faith into the same garbage squad that Brendan Rodgers built and was mid table with.

The worst thing that happened to us was over achieving last season in Klopp's first six months. He thought the players were better than they were.

And now he's realizing technically the Liverpool squad is awful. The midfield is cancerous and cannot break down anything resembling a defensive ream.

He will hopefully put that right in the summer transfer window with a huge squad turnover.

With the quality of Barca's midfield specially technically, he will be more than fine in breaking down defensive teams.

I didn't say Klopp is failing. I defended Klopp in the general section. I mentioned that he is not suited to Barça in any way. His counterattacking tactics are not suited to teams that want to dominate games and part of Liverpool's problems vs. small teams comes from that reason.

Allegri would be an acceptable choice because he is definitely a good coach, but I'm unsure if he would be good at our kind of football. If he moved away from it, I'm not sure we could adapt.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:58 am

Btw for those of you saying that Bielsa is available, he announced he would sign a contract with Lille at the end of the season
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:03 pm

free_cat wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:First Allegri would be much better than acceptable. He should be a dream appointment honestly even over Sampaoli.

I didn't say Klopp is failing. I defended Klopp in the general section. I mentioned that he is not suited to Barça in any way. His counterattacking tactics are not suited to teams that want to dominate games and part of Liverpool's problems vs. small teams comes from that reason.

Allegri would be an acceptable choice because he is definitely a good coach, but I'm unsure if he would be good at our kind of football. If he moved away from it, I'm not sure we could adapt.

The main thing with Allegri is control. Controlling matches, by which ever play style, to reduce the amount of chances conceded. He explodes every time one of our players makes an unforced mistake in terms of interpreting the game, like the wrong pass, taking unnecessary risks, gifting a counter opportunity, etc. He is very meticulous and demanding of concentration and tactical acumen.

The rest he adapts to. He has played 100 different ways from Cagliari to Milan to Juve. With us he has changed so many times to fit to our players. Which is great, he doesn't force any systems (352, 4312, 433, 442, etc.) on our players, he finds the ones that compliment them the most in really interesting ways.

Hope we stick with him, if we don't then I'm sure he will find success in most teams.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:21 pm

I've been a big fan of Klopp and supporter of his since his Dortmund side broke out. I even defended him when that same Dortmund side struggled and he left (I was wishing Wenger would step down and Klopp would take over). I've even voiced I would of liked him at our club around the time Lucho and Tata took over. However somethings with his current Pool tenure worry me.

One thing I can say is that I don't like how his defensive line was handled. Now, I don't know how much that is his fault, or how much of that is the Liverpool boards fault, but between the 2 of them they failed to address the biggest issue the team was having. Sure allot of it is tactical, but we have been knowing since last season that Moreno wasn't good enough to start. His solution? Move Milner away from a struggling midfield and stick him in the left back position. And to add to that Can seems to have regressed under his guide vs when Rodgers was in charge. And then he decides to hold a grudge against Sakho and use Lucas Leiva instead at CB, even when the team was struggling with injuries at CB. So all in all he ended up with a pretty insanely weak back line. I won't blame the keeper failings on him, as apparently Pool has had some same keeper coach dating back to the Reina days. All in all I am ok with a manager asserting himself over players, but even Pep gave Yaya his chance when he needed him due to Gundogans injury. All in all I still like Klopp allot, but these things kind of worry me and make second guess if I think he's ready to lead a club like ours that demands a damn near perfect season every year. I think he's still developing and is perfect at Liverpool for the time being.

Last edited by windkick on Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:41 pm

My post from another thread...

Man idk how I feel about any of them.

Sampaoli - all offense but not good defensively

Valverde - Would be interesting if he can handle the pressure of Barcelona and how the players would react to him.

Koeman - Like Moyes, I think he is best at a mid table club, not suited for a big club like us.

Allegri - Not super sold on him for us, not sure why but he doesnt quite convince me even though he is a coach who is pretty solid

Klopp - I think he wants to stay at Liverpool and succeed. He doesnt seem to be leaving any time soon unless the club itself axes him

Wenger - He really should be considering retiring over anything. I don't want even though he would likely get the most out of our Masia/B team development

Beisla - he would run our team to the ground by mid season and would likely bounce at any give time. He is too unreliable

Uzue - would be more of the same.

Blanc - when I think of him, all I think about is how his France side was handled during the 2010 Word Cup.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:06 pm

Stay clear off Blanc. He is a fraud.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:50 am

Btw, every report I've read from the board and it seems like everyones set on Valverde. They keep saying comments like they want a player who's been at the club and yada yada.

I saw a post on twitter that had fan polls on who they thought should be the next manager across various websites and Samp was the over whelming leading choice and it was event close.

So looks like the majority of the fans want Samp but the club will likely go with Valverde. Either or is solid imo.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:05 am

Robert wrote:sería muy bueno que el futuro entrenador haya pasado por la casa y que conociese el club.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20170304/42543140790/robert-seria-muy-bueno-que-el-futuro-entrenador-haya-pasado-por-el-club.html

this was a pre-match interview he gave (the celta game)

translation: "it would be great if the future manager has had experience in the club"
he then back tracked his statements and said barca would not rule out anyone based on not playing for barca

we may already have contacted sampaoli, maybe he rejected us or maybe we are respecting Sevilla by not announcing such things during the season.
or maybe we're just going to play it safe and go for boring option with Valverde, whose contract runs out this summer.
it is reported we'll do an announcement in early july
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:53 am

Pretty crazy the stress of managing our club has now sent 2 coaches into a sabbatical.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:02 pm

rincon wrote:
free_cat wrote:

The main thing with Allegri is control. Controlling matches, by which ever play style, to reduce the amount of chances conceded. He explodes every time one of our players makes an unforced mistake in terms of interpreting the game, like the wrong pass, taking unnecessary risks, gifting a counter opportunity, etc. He is very meticulous and demanding of concentration and tactical acumen.

The rest he adapts to. He has played 100 different ways from Cagliari to Milan to Juve. With us he has changed so many times to fit to our players. Which is great, he doesn't force any systems (352, 4312, 433, 442, etc.) on our players, he finds the ones that compliment them the most in really interesting ways.

Hope we stick with him, if we don't then I'm sure he will find success in most teams.

See, that's great, but I'm not a fan. I like control, but also creativity. Too much control and you are left with a Van Gaal or a Mourinho. IMO, players need guidelines before reaching the final third, and more creativity there.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:03 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Btw for those of you saying that Bielsa is available, he announced he would sign a contract with Lille at the end of the season

Thank god!
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:06 pm

Don't you fear that signing Sampaoli would be a little bit signing the flair of the month?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:44 pm

Sampaoli has been doing well for a long time. My main concern with him will be not being able to handle big stars but then again he handled a star-studded Chile national team very well.

I am a fan of Klopp and to a certain extent I agree with free_cat, however I don't think the main reason behind Liverpool's failures against small teams has been his style but lack of top quality players. I'm not saying Liverpool's squad is bad but compared to City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs they do lack a few world class difference-makers. With BVB he managed big feats and you can't deny that he is a top manager capable of winning against small teams. You don't win Bundesliga if you can't beat bottom half strugglers.

With Valverde, I'm not sure. He is the riskiest of these three in my opinion. The thing is, he could end up being a great coach for Barça, his tactical mastery and style would definitely fit Barcelona's way of playing but then again he could also fail catastrophically in his inability to manage big egos. He is not really the type of coach with exceptional man-management/psychological aspects of the game. Something Guardiola, Conte, Mourinho and Simeone are masters at. I think what Barça needs right now is someone who can give the players a bit of a kick when they are playing badly, no matter who he is. Someone who can add some bite and aggressiveness to Barcelona's play because like it or not, modern football is physical and winning those second balls are very important these days. Something Barcelona have been lacking greatly for a long time.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:10 pm

With Sampaoli now being ruled out, Ernesto Valverde and Carlos Unzue remain the main candidates to take over at Barça #fcblive [cat radio]

This is so going to be Unuze.... damn lazy ass board can't even land a decent manager

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:17 am

Yup, ever report I read on twitter today from various reports are saying the board is heavily leaning towards Unzue, and have apparently decided to not even consider Sampaoili at all. Which is ridiculous when you think about the super high polls votes from the fans across various sources that had Sampoili as the over whelming favorite that the fans wanted.

And in other news, Unclo Flo is apparently going to snatch up Monchi who's a free agent this summer. That blows..
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CM Pep Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:10 am

smh if that's true
CM Pep
CM Pep
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:07 pm

Probably Unzue is not the worst possible coach we could get, but it's an unnecessary gamble. As a manager, he has been quite mediocre in his tenures at Numancia and Racing Santander. And he has always been a specialist as a GK coach.

Very underwhelming if we sign Unzue...

Last edited by free_cat on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down