Freeza
Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
Great Leader Sprucenuce
zigra
25 posters

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 15 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by Freeza Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:06 pm

RealGunner wrote:I really liked it. Thought it's a great film. But it had some parts which felt really forced. Other parts had incredible moments that kept the film up.

Stunning visuals and score as you would expect.

Story was a bit strange at times. Characters too.

Spoiler:

I can see why people didn't like it. But it's mainly hardcore star war fans who would shit on it because the director wanted to take the story elsewhere. Other than that, it was a good watch. Not better than Rogue one but better than TFA.

7.9/10

Responded below your comments in spoilers

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 15 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by Freeza Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:08 pm

RealGunner wrote:also

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:37 pm

Actually liked the movie a lot, loved the "everyone can be a hero" and lineages don't matter, the Kylo Ren-Snoke story was brilliant, the Luke-Rey scenes were fantastic, the Finn... never mind that one sucked. I hated Rose or whatever she was named, when Finn was ready to sacrifice himself for the cause and that selfish bitch comes out of nowhere and has hundreds of people die because of her actions plus put the whole rebellion at risk. If Luke doesn't show up, everyone's basically *bleep*. Well done, bitch.

Didn't like some of the forced comedy, felt very Marvel/superhero-ish and not fitting with the spirit of the original Star Wars movies.

Storywise it's the best SW movie since Empire imo.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:11 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Actually liked the movie a lot, loved the "everyone can be a hero" and lineages don't matter, the Kylo Ren-Snoke story was brilliant, the Luke-Rey scenes were fantastic, the Finn... never mind that one sucked. I hated Rose or whatever she was named, when Finn was ready to sacrifice himself for the cause and that selfish bitch comes out of nowhere and has hundreds of people die because of her actions plus put the whole rebellion at risk. If Luke doesn't show up, everyone's basically *bleep*. Well done, bitch.

Didn't like some of the forced comedy, felt very Marvel/superhero-ish and not fitting with the spirit of the original Star Wars movies.

Storywise it's the best SW movie since Empire imo.

The humour actually gets better once you re-think it. Initially had a problem with the humour in the opening scene, but it felt somewhat true to Han's humour in A New Hope where he speaks over the com when he's in Stormtrooper outfit. It also fits with the humour Poe Dameron has had in TFA when he was captured by Kylo Ren "who talks first, you talk first? I talk first?"

I think Star Wars always had contemporary humour tbh. It's just that the humour has evolved since the good films in the 70's and 80's. Makes sense that the humour evolved over those 30+ years, because they've done the same in our world.

The Finn storyline is still not great. Loved the thematics and idea of it, but felt it was not tight enough and somehwat clumsy. But the thematics were incredible and added to the overall film.

It's weird a storyline that doesn't really fit, can somehow enhance the whole thing thematically. I think it's the weak part of the film, but it would have made everything else worse, if it wasn't in the film.

Can't wait to see how JJ finishes this one. About time he gets a chance to finish something.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:49 am

Walked out of the theatre after like half an hour and went drinking instead.

It was really really bad.

But because I like Star Wars I will give it another chance at home because I think something was wrong with the projector and everything was dark and may have corrupted my viewing.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:44 am

@zigra

Have you read this? Suns up what I felt and been trying to write but way better written. Think it’s a great argument for the movie without dismissing the people that don’t like the movie.

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-last-jedi-defense/
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Firenze wrote:
Freeza wrote:86/100 metascore

94% RT

Seems fine

bought reviews IMO

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 15 Eaa3c513be835a17a2573e60728854df

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 15 Giphy

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:39 pm

Audience score 56% lmao
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:25 pm

It's the star wars fanboys who don't like it lol. It's a solid 75% if not more.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:23 pm

RealGunner wrote:It's the star wars fanboys who don't like it lol. It's a solid 75% if not more.

Much higher than that tbh. The average filmgoer liked it and gave it an A cinemascore. They’re incredibly easy to please overall. They don’t see movies as their whole lives.

This quote by Roger Ebert describes the whole thing so well and why it is so toxic:

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 15 F47b7f10
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:25 pm

I agree with that completely.

if TLJ was a rehash of Empire strikes back, fanboys would have given it 95% min. They didn't like it because it was too different for them.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Freeza wrote:@zigra

Have you read this? Suns up what I felt and been trying to write but way better written. Think it’s a great argument for the movie without dismissing the people that don’t like the movie.

Think you probably wanted to tag RG?

Personally I think the movie was decent but not more which is mostly down to me not liking the whole Finn arc. In fact I think it's complete trash lol (yeah I read what you said about it).
Never really got why people cared so much about Reys parentage though and certainly don't think it's bad to make Luke flawed. Btw his flaw was actually failing to kill Ben.

Also I wanted a proper lightsaber duel and got nothing. Unacceptable.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:25 pm

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:31 pm

I would think Arsenal without Arsene would be the opposite of upsetting hmm
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:33 pm

zigra wrote:

Spoiler:
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:35 pm

zigra wrote:

Personally I think the movie was decent but not more which is mostly down to me not liking the whole Finn arc. In fact I think it's complete trash lol (yeah I read what you said about it).
Never really got why people cared so much about Reys parentage though and certainly don't think it's bad to make Luke flawed. Btw his flaw was actually failing to kill Ben.

Might’ve been Cruijf i wanted to tag. Confused those Dutch things hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:38 pm

speaking of the supreme leader

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:40 pm

RealGunner wrote:speaking of the supreme leader

Spoiler:

Read the link I tagged Zigra in. It doesn’t matter.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:41 pm

i read it. But i still want to know the origin or the lore of it.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:47 pm

RealGunner wrote:i read it. But i still want to know the origin or the lore of it.

They’ll probably explore it in future canon. There’s a lot of lore out there to read hmm

Lost Stars still my favourite of everything. Really loved that story.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:14 pm

Freeza wrote:
zigra wrote:

Lol it wasn't me, I loved the movie. I did say Rian undid what JJ intended from TFA, which I still stand by even though I agree with that article that it was for the best. Another interesting thing about that article is that it answers my biggest problem with this trilogy as a whole, which is that in 30 years all of the OT work was undone and we got right back to where we started. The article makes an interesting point, which is that

Spoiler:
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:16 pm

Cruijf wrote:
zigra wrote:

Spoiler:
It was very nice but no.

Freeza wrote:
I'm extremely offended brother Freeza.

RealGunner wrote:i read it. But i still want to know the origin or the lore of it.

Will get robot legs in an animated series and people will say the character has been redeemed :coffee:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Saw the movie last night.

I came out of the theater and I didn't really know how to feel. I thought it was amazingly well done but there were some small things that bothered me

Then I came here and read brother feeza's posts and the link he had left from slashfilms and it actually made some sense

My thoughts:

Spoiler:

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Spoiler:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:23 pm

Just watched it.

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:21 am

On second viewing I kinda agree with Mole. I'm more conflicted. I still like it and like it as more than TFA but...idk, don't think I liked it as much on second viewing.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next