French Elections 2017

+25
M99
Blue
sportsczy
Freeza
Blue Barrett
urbaNRoots
Firenze
Robespierre
DeletedUser#1
footyfan01
Tomwin Lannister
Unique
Adit
rincon
RealGunner
iftikhar
McLewis
Arquitecto
VivaStPauli
DuringTheWar
Myesyats
zigra
BarrileteCosmico
Pedram
Nishankly
29 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:54 pm

So its over.

From I get is Le Pen is actually the French Trump but only worse. I hope for France that if she wins, Her party has enough people who can help make wise decisions for the French economy once they leave the EU. She talks uneducated shite on live TV but she still has a lot of support.

Macron: This guy is very interesting, I don't think he's been able to connect with the poorer people yet, Plus he's 39, That hurts him.

Mechelon: He seemed very eager to take up Macron on most issues. Seems he recognizes Macron is weak and has no experience. Spoke some good points IMO

Hamon: He's the reason Le Pen spoke for 30 mins, He hates her. Could win him some votes.

I expect Le Pen to be in the final but there is a chance she would lose out, She's showing she's all accusations and no proof from the start of the candidacy.

I'd wager Mechelon or Macron in the final run in alongside her and like I said Fillion's supporters will decide this election.

Night lads.


Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Posts : 20493
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:47 am

@Nishankly wrote:Macron: This guy is very interesting, I don't think he's been able to connect with the poorer people yet, Plus he's 39, That hurts him.
Why is being young a factor against him? Look at Canada or candidate Obama
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27309
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by Nishankly Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:04 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:Macron: This guy is very interesting, I don't think he's been able to connect with the poorer people yet, Plus he's 39, That hurts him.
Why is being young a factor against him? Look at Canada or candidate Obama


I was told by a couple of French people that French are loyal to those who serve more and their party. Macron is arguably new in both contexts. Obviously its based on talking only to 4-5 people but this was general opinion why he could fail against others so I included it in mine hmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20493
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:35 am

@Nishankly wrote:She also says other candidates promises are impossible because EU won't allow them. She says the French must decide for themselves

Actually this is the most accurate claim of all.

However, either she is unfit to be president or she purposedly focuses on the one most important issue because it would get her the crucial votes.

Trump being elected shows actual merit isn't the most important. You need to be controversial & intriguing. Hitler or Mussolini had ridiculous views, but they got to the people by being incredibly charismatic etc. Just look at Mussolini's speeches, his body language was incredible. People listened to that guy because he was special and one of a kind, even despite his awful ideology.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 15883
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by Nishankly Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Very true.

But leaving the EU is not the option for most countries because none of them can stand on their own feet. Everyone needs to sit down and work out better plans. I can't believe they haven't been able to come to a conclusion ever.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20493
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:31 pm

@Nishankly wrote:But leaving the EU is not the option for most countries because none of them can stand on their own feet.

I'm sorry but this statement is so untrue that it hurts my eyes. Ever since Poland joined the EU, it is noting a downfall in economy growth. During the period after the fall of communism and before joining the EU, Poland was growing better and stronger. As a result of joining the EU, even despite all the funds, we are noticing a significant decline (in comparision with earlier years, ex. 7,1% GDP in 1997, which is impossible under EU's occupation). As a result of all the regulations, excises and other BS like that imposed by the EU, we are declining even despite all of the hugely generous funds....

I could go on and on but you are not going to take me seriously, I'm afraid we are too far into the EU delusion. But the real truth here is: the EU is holding us back.

A good Russian despised the Soviet Union, a good German despised the 3rd Reich and so a good European should despise the EU.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 15883
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by Nishankly Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:40 pm

If a huge chunk of people in Europe are questioning whether Britain will survive Brexit, I am not wrong to question the smaller countries.

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20493
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:00 pm

It's the EU that should be afraid, not Britain.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 15883
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by Unique Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:54 pm

@Nishankly wrote:If a huge chunk of people in Europe are questioning whether Britain will survive Brexit, I am not wrong to question the smaller countries.

the empire will live forever Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:04 pm

The question whether the UK will "survive" Brexit is laughable. It's a world power that existed for long centuries and will continue to do that.

Leaving the EU will only strenghten them economically as they won't have to follow their BS rules and restrictions. They'll also have freedom on the border policies and such.

A better question would be: "What's bad about leaving the EU?"

It's bad for the Union itself, but certainly not for the UK.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 15883
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by Unique Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:10 pm

@Myesyats wrote:The question whether the UK will "survive" Brexit is laughable. It's a world power that existed for long centuries and will continue to do that.

Leaving the EU will only strenghten them economically as they won't have to follow their BS rules and restrictions. They'll also have freedom on the border policies and such.

A better question would be: "What's bad about leaving the EU?"

It's bad for the Union itself, but certainly not for the UK.
Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:45 am

@Nishankly wrote:If a huge chunk of people in Europe are questioning whether Britain will survive Brexit, I am not wrong to question the smaller countries.



They should all stop questioning that lol.


Worst case scenario, 2 decades of stunted economic growth. And there's nothing to say this sort of thing wouldn't happen had we remained, I don't see the EU prospering for much longer (Relatively speaking, I.E decades)

Best case scenario, Britain long term is better off. Which was my prediction before Brexit and after the doom and gloomers died down a bit some economists started singing the same tune.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26891
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 81

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by Myesyats Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:59 pm

Russia 'actively involved' in French election, warns US Senate intelligence chief

http://www.france24.com/en/20170330-russia-actively-involved-french-election-warns-us-senate-intelligence-chief

Already preparing the ground to blame the Russians if the outcome turns out to be 'inconvenient' as they did with Hillary?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8c5wmeOL9o
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 15883
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by Nishankly Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:19 pm

Macron: "I agree with the action of the United States, but my preference is for a coordinated under the aegis of the United Nations."

This is why he's going to lose unfortunately.
His ideals are near perfect for their crumbling economy but the way he portrays it is so difficult for uneducated people to comprehend that they lose interest.

Le Pen in any of her speeches: I hate hijabs, I hate this, I hate that, France first Others second.

while

Macron: I think religion is a very contorted issue, See the very first French revolution in 46 BC told us that Human beings need water to survive....

All his supporters be like *bleep* u noob u talk shite we are now #JeSuisLePen
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20493
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by footyfan01 Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:00 am

Having refused to pose with the others for the official photograph, saying “they’re not my colleagues”, Poutou (whose name means “little kiss” in French) told Le Pen that ordinary workers did not have the option of ignoring a legal summons.

“Since January, it’s been a feast. Fillon? Nothing but affairs; the more one digs the more one smells corruption and cheating ... it’s the same with Marine Le Pen, they’re pinching from public funds, and the FN, which is supposed to be anti-system, isn’t bothered because it’s protected thanks to parliamentary immunity.”

He arrived at the studio wearing a beige T-shirt – in stark contrast to the other male candidates all in suits and ties – and was combative from the start.

Asked to introduce himself, he said: “I’m a factory worker and apart from Nathalie Arthaud, I believe I’m the only one to have a normal job”, adding that he was against the “indecent rich”.

When the moderators pointed out he was running over the time limit, Poutou said: “Just because I’m not wearing a tie, doesn’t mean you can interrupt me.” At one point he added: “Everyone is fed up with corrupt politicians, and some here know that.”

Source - (Poutou - Star of the 2nd debate)
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/06/world/europe/with-disrespect-mechanic-candidate-bursts-french-political-elites-bubble.html

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 620
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by footyfan01 Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:02 am

Far-left candidate Jean-Luc Melénchon was the “most convincing” candidate in Tuesday’s all-in French presidential debate, according to an Elabe poll for BFMTV.

About 25 percent of the 1,024 people surveyed thought Mélenchon, leader of the Untamed France movement, was the most convincing of the 11 candidates to take part, four points ahead of centrist candidate Emmanuel Macron on 21 percent. Conservative François Fillon finished third, with 15 percent. National Front chief Marine Le Pen, who was the target of a number of attacks from the other candidates, was the first choice of 11 percent of those surveyed.

http://www.politico.eu/article/melenchon-won-french-presidential-debate-poll/

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 620
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by footyfan01 Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:04 am

Poll BVA

Macron: 23% (-2)
Le Pen: 23% (-1)
Fillon: 19% (=)
Mélenchon: 19% (+4)
Hamon: 8.5% (-3)

Second round: Macron 61% (+1), Le Pen 39%.

Looks like the Two main parties - The Republican & the Socialist parties may not even make it into the Top 2!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 620
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by Pedram Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6627
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:16 pm

@Nishankly wrote:Macron: "I agree with the action of the United States, but my preference is for a coordinated under the aegis of the United Nations."

This is why he's going to lose unfortunately.
His ideals are near perfect for their crumbling economy but the way he portrays it is so difficult for uneducated people to comprehend that they lose interest.

Le Pen in any of her speeches: I hate hijabs, I hate this, I hate that, France first Others second.

while

Macron: I think religion is a very contorted issue, See the very first French revolution in 46 BC told us that Human beings need water to survive....

All his supporters be like *bleep* u noob u talk shite we are now #JeSuisLePen


Man, you are so off the rail.

This horrible piece of shit, Macron was saying that about US' illegal strike on Syria...what does that have to do with economy ? How are these 2 related ??

Macron is as fake as they get. Google his background, he is a Rostchild controlled banker, in a fake marriage. He sounds about as honest in his speeches as Hillary did. lol

Anyways, Le Pen won't even make it to 2nd round. Due to a computer "error" (lol, how convenient), 500,000 French people who live outside of the country, have been given 2 ballots to vote. This won't be investigated until after election, and French living outside France (including one of my flatmates) are not voting Le Pen at all. so she's facing a disaster.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4414718/Polling-card-blunder-means-500-000-people-vote-twice.html

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 5155
Join date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:10 pm

A) Was drunk that night (mixed scotch and soda, Unique told me off Sad )

B) I don't really support Macron. What I meant over there are two separate situations but explaining the same thing.
An Average French Joe will not care about USA or UN, He'll just talk about the War. Le Pen will say straight NO which is comprehensible easily. Macron will yes but with verbage.

French seem to dislike him because he has a way of not being straightforward about everything from War to his policies.

It was pretty poorly constructed due to my inebriated state during the post. So could the new explanation hmm

Im not supporting anyone in the elections, What will happen is what will be decided by the French people for themselves.

Spoiler:
I just personally prefer anyone over Le Pen for my career reasons. I just want a good start and then move to South Asia, Le Pen might put me back to square one in my ambitious career plans.

Macron's policies for France is what has kept him alive in this race uptil now, Not his background. His background will be the reason he won't win IMO
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20493
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by footyfan01 Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:04 am

Le Pen has no chance of winning as everyone hates her, even conservative Fillon voters, everyone is united to hate her.

She says she will ban all religious headwear including turbans of Sikhs, hijab of Muslims etc. And again she has started holocaust denying anti-semitic comments. Her father was the devil of the Republic.

Nishanky has obviously no idea about France. He has little to no policies, very hazy one's. En Marche was only opened recently, he barley has organization, firm policies. None of my French friends support him because they are not sure what his policies are. He doesn't have baggage, is a new, pro-EU, pro-business face who is getting huge support from Socialist party voters, someone of whom have gone against Hamon.

The fake marriage stuff was totally cheap. The guy married his teacher, 20 years his senior & has 7 grandkids @ 40 odd (due to his wife) & has been in this marriage for a while & would have left if he was that conscious as this is certainly not good press.

Macron is trying to gain from the anti-Le pen surge & play his centrist credentials to get votes from all sides.

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 620
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by Nishankly Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:01 am

@footyfan01 wrote:

Nishanky has obviously no idea about France. He has little to no policies, very hazy one's. En Marche was only opened recently, he barley has organization, firm policies. None of my French friends support him because they are not sure what his policies are. He doesn't have baggage, is a new, pro-EU, pro-business face who is getting huge support from Socialist party voters, someone of whom have gone against Hamon.



Hahahahaha "little to no policies", He gonna be a president of the 6th highest GDP in the world and get fat on that chair right?

You're friends are dumb because they can't understand any economic model and its out of their realm of political approach. French people are just a bit scared because he offers the remedies very similar to the ones that have been offered in the past and not worked for the French people.

Being young and having a new party does not affect him as much as I thought when spoke to people in France, Melechon's party is a month older than En Marche.

All of my French friends support him, Hell I know for a fact top Business Schools or Grandes Ecoles (Including the B school im joining) as they call them in France support him through thick and thin against atleast Le Pen (Not sure how this will change if Melechon gets through). Well, I don't expect you have that deep connections tbf to you.

I've brought all the points up that you say about Macron and En Marche in this same thread. Yet you say I have no idea about France.

@Nishankly wrote:French seem to dislike him because he has a way of not being straightforward about everything from War to his policies
.

I literally said the same thing in the post above your post you absolute clown.

Even if a guy from Syria came in GL and posted about his situation, FootyFan would still discount him and go on rambling. Continue doing your thing Footy, Continue reading articles in newspapers everyday and telling other people how their leaders should run their country.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20493
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by footyfan01 Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:36 am

@Nishankly wrote:
@footyfan01 wrote:

Nishanky has obviously no idea about France. He has little to no policies, very hazy one's. En Marche was only opened recently, he barley has organization, firm policies. None of my French friends support him because they are not sure what his policies are. He doesn't have baggage, is a new, pro-EU, pro-business face who is getting huge support from Socialist party voters, someone of whom have gone against Hamon.



Hahahahaha "little to no policies", He gonna be a president of the 6th highest GDP in the world and get fat on that chair right?

You're friends are dumb because they can't understand any economic model and its out of their realm of political approach. French people are just a bit scared because he offers the remedies very similar to the ones that have been offered in the past and not worked for the French people.

Being young and having a new party does not affect him as much as I thought when spoke to people in France, Melechon's party is a month older than En Marche.

All of my French friends support him, Hell I know for a fact top Business Schools or Grandes Ecoles (Including the B school im joining) as they call them in France support him through thick and thin against atleast Le Pen (Not sure how this will change if Melechon gets through). Well, I don't expect you have that deep connections tbf to you.

I've brought all the points up that you say about Macron and En Marche in this same thread. Yet you say I have no idea about France.

@Nishankly wrote:French seem to dislike him because he has a way of not being straightforward about everything from War to his policies
.

I literally said the same thing in the post above your post you absolute clown.

Even if a guy from Syria came in GL and posted about his situation, FootyFan would still discount him and go on rambling. Continue doing your thing Footy, Continue reading articles in newspapers everyday and telling other people how their leaders should run their country.


My friends in France study in good institutions, everyone has atleast a Masters degree to a Phd.  - everything from Insead, HEC, to Escp & those are the French people I know from Exchange. But apart from that in my group no1 goes to a B-School unless it is Ivy League & Masters atleast because an Under-grad degree from a B-School is garbage. B-school students naturally would support a former Rothschild banker in Macron, most of my class-mates hold good position in Wall Street. Very few B-school grads doing masters from a top institution actually have the intelligence though, I find most people dumb & not well read enough - You will understand when you look in the mirror ! Very Happy

I don't read random newspapers to know my stuff, I have peer reviewed research papers in Economics when I was in my B-School & I had a legendary teacher who is one of the most learned & well read person that there is, who has 4-5 rooms of books stacked up in his home!

Anyways coming to Macron's policies, you have to be a serious level of clown to believe his campaign is about specific policies. Being in the EU is not what policies are only. (look I love the EU, it allows free hassle transit between countries). This whole year the campaign has been about his reluctance to share policies - He famously said he wanted to put more than 10 or 12 "strategic directions" & he was rightfully attacked by his opponents for that reason.

But anyways I think he has improved, he recently gave a lot of specific proposals on work week, corporate taxes, detailed figure of public investment sector wise. He doesn't give details of nature of cuts around 50-60B (which IMO is not enough to balance the big cuts in Corporate taxes, payroll taxes plus big defense investment with 2% of GDP defense etc proposed by him) to balance it out. But he has improved a lot.

I like Macron to be honest, more so as a person & his commitment to the unusual love story with his wife & because his policies in general benefit people like me & my friends. But almost all the other parties have been in politics for years while En Marche is a recent phenomenon & he is very new & there is a lot of apprehension about policies. Any sensible person should know that.


Anyways just saying that if someone runs for a major country means he is a very specific policy person is insanely stupid. Trump had barely specific policies & won the White House.

And the term 7th biggest GDP is also for noobs since GDP is largely influenced by population. At the very least, per capita PPP adjusted GDP is used to judge the relative overall economic activity of a nation. Since you don't know much about Macro-economics, I would ask you to refrain yourselves from using any term minorly related to it.

And I anyways my research was largely about deficits n specifically Maastricht Treaty during the formation of the EU about the 3% of GDP target & 60% overall Debt target blindly copied globally in different countries with different tax to gdp ratio & economic situations. France & Germany are the hub of the EU & you have to study political systems since it is so intertwined with economics.

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 620
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by Nishankly Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:14 am

Rambling, Elaborating where we both stand, Getting Personal. Every FootyFan post ever.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20493
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by Pedram Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:41 pm

Macron seems to be a good choice for France tbh, what they need right now is a economic liberal who can fix their restrictive labor laws that punishes entrepreneurs and prevents business to grow. he's not exactly economically right-wing as some people try to portray him, like he hasn't talked about cutting social security or increasing working week like Fillon, he'll probably try to promote entrepreneurship and a push for a more competitive private sector but i think he's mostly going to maintain the status quo.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6627
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:33 pm

Julian Assange' official twitter:

For American voters who want to know what French candidates are like

US guide:
Macron - Hillary aged 39
Le Pen - Female Trump w/o gaffs & with big youth vote
Fillon - Romney w/o religion
Melenchon - Sanders

Very Happy

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 5155
Join date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

French Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: French Elections 2017

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum