Vlad the Impaler
Katy Perry
jibers
Glory
S
67 posters

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid - Page 11 Empty Re: Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid

Post by titosantill Thu May 16, 2019 5:23 pm

maybe i'm mistaken am i the only one here who thinks girezmann is a good player? i'd take him at madrid in a heartbeat

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid - Page 11 Empty Re: Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 16, 2019 5:30 pm

danyjr wrote:
Casciavit wrote:Why does Messi agree to these signings? He needs runners, players who move away from the ball, not players who will move closer to him. Griezmann isn't really a 9 and I doubt Suarez is going to get benched even though he should be getting benched. We will probably see all three of them play together.

Building around Messi should be the easiest thing in football.

A reference point upfront who can pin the centrebacks and have the technical ability to link up with him.

Wingers who make constant inside and outside runs so he can find them with his passes.

Midfielders who can get the ball to him high up the pitch (line-breaking passes) so he doesn't drop deep (one of the midfielders being a donkey who can balance his movements and compensate for his laziness).

Imagine if he had someone like Mbappe as his LW, hell Barca should be going for someone like Sane rather than Griezmann.
Agreed 100%. It is astonishing to see someone on a forum knows more than the whole Barcelona board ffs Laughing

Not really, most people in football are utterly thick. Far many people assume because they are professionals that they know more than the average joe, most of the time it isn't the case.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 16, 2019 5:41 pm

titosantill wrote:maybe i'm mistaken am i the only one here who thinks girezmann is a good player? i'd take him at madrid in a heartbeat

Oh and no one thinks he's anything less than a good player lol.

It's that it's a bad fit, you either take Suarez spot where he's significantly worse at being the lone striker or you have absolutely no width whatsoever.

Don't mistake people pointing out how a Messi-Griezmann partnership doesn't really work or Messi-Suarez-Griezmann trio doesn't really work for people thinking he's a bad player.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 16, 2019 5:44 pm

Griezmann is a surprisingly bad fit for barca and a bit puzzling they want him so bad. I have a feeling that he will play in a role/position that's not natural to him but he will still score goals because of talent and Messi.

Maybe a non positional striker is really what barca wants, kind of a fluid attack.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu May 16, 2019 5:54 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Griezmann is a surprisingly bad fit for barca and a bit puzzling they want him so bad. I have a feeling that he will play in a role/position that's not natural to him but he will still score goals because of talent and Messi.

Maybe a non positional striker is really what barca wants, kind of a fluid attack.

probably but the answer for sure isn't a left footed attacker that drifts to the right side, as that's what messi does
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 16, 2019 7:20 pm

Maybe we are planning to put Messi as false 9, Griezmann on the right (David Villa type of fake forward role, just the opposite wing) and Dembélé on the left. That would actually work. Even if Griezmann isn't at his best as a false winger (neither was Villa but he made the system work and that was more important than having Villa in his best position), having someone occupy that space at all times is far better than having Messi there on paper but having no one there in reality.

Other than that, there is no way we are fitting Messi, Suarez, Griezmann, Dembélé in the same lineup and if every keyboard warrior on the Internet sees it, a professional coach like Valverde will also know it.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 16, 2019 7:22 pm

Dembélé Messi Griezmann
Coutinho DeJong Arthur
Alba Lenglet DeLigt Semedo
tS

CL 2020, here we come. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu May 16, 2019 7:54 pm

oh god thats awful, with Valverde at the wheel idk if I'll be watching any games next season
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu May 16, 2019 9:56 pm

Villa was a striker, but he was also a very good all round footballer with the technical skills and brains to play in that system, with Pedro on the other side. Griezmann should also be good enough, but one thing I think Villa has over him, is his finishing. We need players to step up in goal scoring more so now and not just Messi. One vital thing is if Griezmann can get the goals we need, whereever he plays.

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 16, 2019 10:23 pm

titosantill wrote:maybe i'm mistaken am i the only one here who thinks girezmann is a good player? i'd take him at madrid in a heartbeat

No you're not, I'm still a big fan of his but I am not sure about him at Madrid. I mean, if he comes I wouldn't complain but I do have my reservations.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri May 17, 2019 1:24 am

I love Antoine as many have known since my early hype of him but he does not compare to Villa beyond some aspects. Villa is completely ambidextrous and possesses a better eye for the goal and footballing brain overall than Antoine along with being able to lead a line better paired with being a far bigger influence in bigger games.

Vastly different players yes but Griezmann has been shown not too be too adaptable unless you build around his limits and the same thing happened often in La Real.

Odd signing indeed.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 17, 2019 3:46 am

I think you guys need to watch what he does at NT and stop focusing on the very specific and boxed role he fills with a very constrained system that Simeone runs.

He made the best out of possibly the worst possible attacking setup for any technical striker.  Atleti don't have the ball, play with 2 DMs and will not commit players to the attack at the expense of defending.  Their goal is to win 1-0...not even 2-1...  1-0.

With NT, Griezmann is allowed to actually play and he's shown he can both score like a champ (Euro 2016) or fill a role to help the team function (he played mostly a AM role in WC 2018).

The one thing he learned extremely well at Atleti is to defend like a beast and to take each opportunity as if it's his last.

I am very curious to see what kind of stats he puts up in a ball dominant team that creates a lot of chances and where he doesn't need to expend so much energy on defense.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 17, 2019 4:50 am

I'm going to say that character-wise, Griezmann would fit very, very well at Barca
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 17, 2019 5:09 am

He's a goofball. You guys take his shit seriously when he's just trying to get a laugh... his wife's the one who's all into marketing so he's awkwardly acquiescing (very awkwardly).

He seems like he's just smoked a joint every time he talks.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri May 17, 2019 5:31 am

When I think of goofball, Thomas Muller springs to mind and definitely not Antoine Griezmann. Must be the other Antoine Griezmann you are referring to imo.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri May 17, 2019 5:41 am

strange but i agree with sports mostly, if Barca can't make the most out of idiotmann, that will be on management moreso than the player himself. idiotmann is an idiot but his quality and football iq shouldn't be questioned. Shame we're not in for him.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri May 17, 2019 7:46 am

i don't know how we can say it definitely doesn't work when we haven't seen it. i also cannot say it will definitely work. but as far as adaptability, he played a totally different role at sociedad when he was younger, plays a different style in france from atleti, and the year he was really beasting when france made the euro final, iirc he was the lone man up front. i do hope he doesn't join barcelona though, i'd rather they don't sign another person who can score. they're scoring enough already....he should go to psg.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 18, 2019 5:15 pm

if Barca falls through, Chelsea?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 18, 2019 5:22 pm

Man City to replace Agüero

Or PSG to replace Cavani
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 18, 2019 5:35 pm

Firenze wrote:

if Barca falls through, Chelsea?
this is ajoke surely, like the opinion of Sergi Roberto and Arthur matters Laughing

he will go to barca
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 18, 2019 5:39 pm

Does it say who are rejecting him? That kind of matters lol.

If it's Messi fair enough, if it's Sergi Roberto it's not even a story lmao.

With that said if he doesn't go there, PSG seems the most likely outcome.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 18, 2019 5:40 pm

saw a comment on Ratcafe that PSG can only spend 49m this season without selling due to FFP restrictions
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Firenze wrote:saw a comment on Ratcafe that PSG can only spend 49m this season without selling due to FFP restrictions

Neymar to replace Lingard? Happy days ffs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 18, 2019 5:42 pm

@gerardromero] | There is still a big division in the club about signing Griezmann as some want the striker at Barça while others don't. Valverde wants him to be the 3rd piece of the new trident with Leo Messi and Luis Suárez.

but yeah it basically only matters if Messi is the one that doesn't want him
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 18, 2019 5:43 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Does it say who are rejecting him? That kind of matters lol.

If it's Messi fair enough, if it's Sergi Roberto it's not even a story lmao.

With that said if he doesn't go there, PSG seems the most likely outcome.
according to french medias, PSG went at him and then backed off... they understand his decision his made.

I highly doubt Messi doesnt wan to play with Griezmann, after seeing the way he was pissed at his teammates in CL Laughing

the only people with a voice at barca are Pique and Messi, and i am pretty sure both supports this move.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat May 18, 2019 7:37 pm

Even with Griezmann Barca will still not win the cl. Don't think they will win it with Messi in that ifrst 11 tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next