rincon
S
17 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Club's new logo - Page 4 Empty Re: Club's new logo

Post by Luca Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:08 pm

Main man Tom

To me, the crown and the bull were staples of the emblem but I've come to terms with our new emblem, as everyone should because it is here to stay, and I think we'll see some very stylish shirts.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:13 pm

Absolutely i'll miss aspects of the old logo, because in terms of being on a football kit it looked classy as *bleep*. However people sit there myself included moaning about how Serie A is a shambles and we need to do more to close the gap with the European elite. Well this is what this move is, it's a step towards creating our own brand. We're clearly trying to make the letter 'J' synonymous with our brand. That's why we didn't sell our stadium rights to the highest bidder, that's why we have J museum and eventually will have about 100 more J related businesses/facilities etc.

This is a step towards true modern globalisation. That is where the money is. The only thing we really can do whilst the rest of Serie A sit around the campfire talking about the 80's and 90's whilst the rest of the world tune in to the relevant leagues that people willingly follow all over the world. Serie A is an afterthought in football after the PL and the Spanish clubs. And Juve will hit a glass ceiling very soon if we don't break the mould. Who is going to continue to pay us even 1/4 of what PL clubs get in TV money if people outside of Italy don't give a rats ass.

Watch a PL game on Sky, or El Classico. Watch the HD quality video packages they show, the top class presentation it gets, the in depth coverage.

Then watch a big Juve game, with some American mispronouncing the players names and the only video clips you get are replays from last Weeks games. Marketing wise, it's a horror show. Nobody who isn't already a fan outside of Italy will follow us over top class presented teams with all the hype in the World. They draw viewers in, we chase them away with one monotonous commentator mumbling in to his mic all game because we don't deserve 2.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:30 pm

100% agreed with Rincon

I understand why they did it. Agnelli wants to expand the Juventus brand, make it a global thing that does not only include football. Give Juventus a stellar image that everyone knows and recognize on sight, far ahead of every Serie A rival and on par with Real Madrid, Barca and co.

They want to make more money selling jewelries, polos, kitchen furniture, dildos, all kind of stuff. Using the name Juventus and the double-J logo which is more easy to sell because of its simplicity. That i understand and the owner has every right to do so.

Problem for me is, i am a football fan and i love Juventus Football Club. Do i care about other business in the Agnelli family ? No. In fact, i don't give two shits about that. Changing Juventus Football Club logo without any warning was incredibly rude for the fans like me who just want to be proud of the club they support. I'm not proud of this double-J basic and tasteless logo. The old one had prestige, it was beautiful and i have it as main picture on my Facebook account. New one represents sod all and looks like a poor chinese replica of Nike/Adidas.

They should at the very least keep the same logo for the football section and use the double-J logo for everything else they wanna sell. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty damn sure that's what's gonna happen sooner or later.

JUVE FC: old logo
JUVENTUS brand: double-J logo

would be the best of both worlds for me
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:38 pm

Unfortunately that defeats the point of the whole thing, you can't pick and chose when to use the badges. The idea is everything from our football kits to whatever we release in the future falls under one brand

It's much more powerful having the exact same logo for everything, as opposed to having some half assed money making attempt under one logo with the 'real' logo still the old one. It doesn't work, it's all or nothing.

Imagine let's say Google wanted to start manufacturing their own vehicles.

Which scenario would make that brand instantaneously recognisable with every other aspect of google.

1. They have the google logo somewhere on the car

2. They make a random new logo on the cars, and most people don't even realise they're related.

Everything has to fall underneath the new emblem, or it looks disjointed and half assed.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:54 pm

We're going to have one logo for everything from summer 2017.

Juve is a football team but its also a company in business terms. Whatever stuff you're trying to sell using Juve's name is going to directly benefit the club.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Unfortunately that defeats the point of the whole thing, you can't pick and chose when to use the badges. The idea is everything from our football kits to whatever we release in the future falls under one brand

It's much more powerful having the exact same logo for everything, as opposed to having some half assed money making attempt under one logo with the 'real' logo still the old one. It doesn't work, it's all or nothing.

Imagine let's say Google wanted to start manufacturing their own vehicles.

Which scenario would make that brand instantaneously recognisable with every other aspect of google.

2. They make a random new logo on the cars, and most people don't even realise they're related.

Everything has to fall underneath the new emblem, or it looks disjointed and half assed.

Exactly.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:13 pm

At first I was shocked but now I'm fully behind this change.

We have to evolve, we have to move forward. We can't stay stagnant.

We are being pioneers with this move.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:18 pm

i mean, of all possibilities, come on

Club's new logo - Page 4 Rtrtrt10

i'm currently living a dogshit of a week, this might be the reason why i can't over it, maybe one day i'll like it. Probably on the same day that Hell sees snow.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Imagine let's say Google wanted to start manufacturing their own vehicles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waymo
:coffee:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:46 pm

Independent company, and I bet you they'll have google or just the 'G' on the cars if the project succeeds.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:53 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)

:coffee:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:59 pm

And spot the google reference(s)

Club's new logo - Page 4 250px-Android_7.0-en

You don't separate your image entirely, if our football club doesn't have any connection to the new J symbol, then the future brand means nothing in relation to the club. When we eventually open J hotels and god knows what else the idea is it's synonymous with Juventus and people know it.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:02 pm

Here's the google phone too

Club's new logo - Page 4 Hero_banner

See how google aren't using one logo for their search engine and something entirely different for their phones?

Repetition, you want people to see your brand everywhere. Not completely different logos for different situations.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:07 pm

Waymo WAS part of google. It's not a conpany of it's own still part of Alphabet though. It's really the exact opposite of what you said. They HAD the logo and all. They were part of Google but Alphabet decided to have it under its own name and with its own logo. Seperate it from Google.
And they won't change it back, you'll see. Just look at Alphabet. The companies will keep their logos. The Alphabet cars will be Waymo. Not Google.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:10 pm

They will have 'google' on the car if it takes off, guarantee it.
Might not be the badge of the car, as Waymo are the ones producing it. But it will be there. On the wheel, on the dashboard, on the side, wherever.

Not sure why i'm arguing that as a company you want your name and logo on everything you touch where possible.

Seperating the J logo from Juventus football club, having no trace of it on our kits would be stupid. It would have been easier to ditch J entirely and do something else.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:12 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:They will have 'google' on the car if it takes off, guarantee it.
Might not be the badge of the car, as Waymo are the ones producing it. But it will be there. On the wheel, on the dashboard, on the side, wherever.

Not sure why i'm arguing that as a company you want your name and logo on everything you touch where possible.

Seperating the J logo from Juventus football club, having no trace of it on our kits would be stupid. It would have been easier to ditch J entirely and do something else.

No they won't and I'm willing to take any bet on that. Just like the other Alphabet companies won't.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:13 pm

"The company, called Waymo, will act like a venture-backed startup, but it's actually a standalone organisation within Google's parent company, Alphabet. Headed by long-time automotive executive John Krafcik, it has the goal of making self-driving cars available for all, among other things."

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/139769-what-is-google-waymo-and-when-can-you-expect-the-first-cars

Obviously as a standalone company, they're going to have their input as well.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:15 pm

You mean alphabet, the conglomerate based at... 'Googleplex' california?

Google is on everything it can be, just as our new badge will be.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:18 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:You mean alphabet, the conglomerate based at... 'Googleplex' california?

Google is on everything it can be, just as our new badge will be.

I mean Alphabet which essentially IS Google. But the companies within keep their own logo. Actually are GIVEN their own logo.
I understand that you don't want to believe me now so we just have to wait then you'll see. I hope you'll still be around then Proud
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:19 pm

I don't plan on living past 50 but we'll see Zigra... we'll see.

Look forward to seeing thousands of 'J' everything all over the place before I die too.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:23 pm

Are u not something like 20 though hmm

I doubt I'll see many Js. If Juventus want to make regular clothes they'll have to compete with regular brands as well. Even if you like the logo and think it offers a chance it's still a very long way to go especially as Juve is quite small compared to clothing manufacturers.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:26 pm

Early 20's indeed.

And one thing i'll agree on is we have a ways to go. But you have to start somewhere, and this project has Agnelli & friends behind it, not like some lads in their mums spare garage with a sowing machine and a 2:2 degree in fashion.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Did Juventus Take Corporate Signalling Too Far with Rebrand?
By Richard Whittall  |  January 19, 2017  |  12:36pm

The etymology of the word ‘brand’ is a little unclear, but the Online Etymology Dictionary claims it first meant an “...identifying mark made by a hot iron” (1550s) [and] broadened by 1827 to ‘a particular make of goods.’ ‘Brand name; is from 1922.”

The ‘brand expression’ company Black Coffee offers some more detailed insight into how “brand” became a cornerstone of corporate marketing jargon, and how the noun became a verb:

...it wasn’t until May 13, 1931 that Procter & Gamble’s Neil McElroy proposed the modern concept of “branding.” Through an internal memorandum, he proposed a new business strategy called “brand management” and the age of product and brand differentiation was born.

Interestingly, the original meaning of “brand” as verb had a much more sinister connotation, which Black Coffee cites—without irony—from the Morris Dictionary of Word and Phrase Origins: “We do know, however, that brands were first used on humans—criminals and slaves.”

I am not going to use the history of language to make a clumsy point about capitalistic mental models and dehumanization. Nor am I going to try and pinpoint when the concept of corporate brands and branding first infiltrated the footballing world. But it’s worth questioning whether we’ve truly stopped supporting football clubs and started consuming lifestyle brands.

In truth, as broadcasting rights have pumped more and more money into the game that is becoming increasingly global in scope, clubs have learned to embrace corporate marketing jargon, if only as a form of signalling to potential corporate sponsors. Though fans are not exactly comfortable with this arrangement, they know that it is ultimately about earning more money to buy better players and win more trophies. Football is still football. The times though have changed and so have the way in which clubs have had to operate.

But the boundaries between football the 150 year old sport and football the lifestyle brand are beginning to blur. Many of the articles attacking/defending the recent Juventus “rebrand” for example have adopted the term uncritically, as if the ubiquity of the word itself was not a symptom of what made the crest redesign necessary.

I will be upfront and say I don’t particularly mind the new crest, though I do think this would have been a slightly more respectful take, a more balanced marriage between new and old:

Club's new logo - Page 4 Img_1510

What irks me most is the justification. Juventus claims the redesigned crest will help “...distil its essence into far-reaching experiences which can appeal to the football fan while being highly relevant to entertainment enthusiasts who are further away from football as a sport.”

Another editorial, which includes talk of “essential signifiers” and “general cognitive mapping”, explains the club’s intentions this way:

The need for a brand’s message to be self-evident becomes more necessary as brands also end up inhabiting more spaces. It’s no surprise that the Juventus press release this week repeatedly emphasised the words “black and white” and “more”. The “more” here refers to the space that is now open to a global brand like Juventus, whose visual message is no longer confined to football alone.

That little double J seems to be doing a lot of heavy lifting! Not only will it earn Juve new fairweather fans halfway across the globe, but it will encourage American teens to buy Juve swag. Some backers have gone so far as to say to doubters, ‘You don’t get where football is headed. Clubs need to start thinking like Apple.”

But Apple designs products that people use. The design is closely attached to form—they reflect function. As Mike Markkula, one of Apple’s earliest investors and mentor to Steve Jobs, once said of the company’s design-driven ethos, “We may have the best product, the highest quality, the most useful software, etc; if we present them in a slipshod manner, they will be perceived as slipshod; it we present them in a creative, professional manner, we will impute the desired qualities.” Design in other words is packaging. People buy iPhones not only because they’re well-designed, but because the design reflects the function of the product.

If Juventus want to get into the apparel business, by all means. But they cannot pretend the ultimate ‘function’ of football is anything other than to be loved. Despite the suits desperate to convince the world football is, in fact, another good like toothpaste or eyeliner, football is not a product. Juve is a football club, not a lifestyle brand. They don’t exist to produce shirts, they exist to win trophies. Their fans are not consumers, but supporters. Juventus’ players are not entertainers, but footballers. Juventus is a club, not a company.

The redesign certainly won’t see Juventus lose any fans, and no one thinks the old crest was a thing of beauty. But if fans think the club is risking its history, its roots, its essence in the pursuit of a few instagram shots of Drake wearing official Juve apparel, the knives may finally come out.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:39 pm

Warrior wrote:i mean, of all possibilities, come on

Club's new logo - Page 4 Rtrtrt10

i'm currently living a dogshit of a week, this might be the reason why i can't over it, maybe one day i'll like it. Probably on the same day that Hell sees snow.
This looks so much better. Why didn't they think of at least putting a simple *bleep* crest around J? Jesus christ.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:50 pm

Juventus’s 2017/18 third kit with new badge “leaked” online...

The new Juventus 2017-18 third jersey introduces a totally new color combination for the club, based on a fan design. Combining a military green base with Juventus' famous black and white colors, the new Juventus 17-18 third jersey also boasts the club's all-new logo.

The Juventus 17-18 third kit is military green with black logos and a black and white horizontal chest stripe, inspired by the green shirt worn in the late 1940s until the early 1950s. Apart from that, the Juventus 17-18 third features no other outstanding design features in line with the club's new identity.

However, the most remarkable element is the new club logo that sits on the left chest area that likely was also the reason why Adidas' slightly changed the look of the chest stripe compared to the fan design. Find out more about Juventus' all-new crest.

Black shorts and green socks will complete the Adidas Juventus 2017-2018 third kit.

The Juventus 2017-2018 third jersey is expected to be launched in late Summer 2017.

Club's new logo - Page 4 Img_2122
Club's new logo - Page 4 Img_2123
Club's new logo - Page 4 Img_2124
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:01 am

ugly as hell