iftikhar
Hapless_Hans
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Things Liverpool need to do - Page 2 Empty Re: Things Liverpool need to do

Post by Sri Mon 30 Jan - 10:20:18

Curtinho wrote:
We're looking at the wrong thing right now. This is not a player issue.

Well it is not *only* a player issue. However, you guys still need depth, can't deny that.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 30 Jan - 11:47:44

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:
Coutinho - Sanchez - Mane
Lallana - 9gollan
Weigl
Milner - VVD - Matip - Clyne

Make it happen. We are not winning shit without those 4 quality additions. Doesn't have to be specifically those players. Would take Paredes if can't get Weigl. Would take Strootman/Kessie/Naby Keita if 9ggolan can't happen.

VVD must happen though.

Sanchez is the only impossible signing there. Hard to see anyone else that would fit as perfectly as him under Klopp.

I can't understand why you can not be serious about this for once. Is this not serious to you? Am I more serious about Liverpool, than you, the supposed supporter?
Or are you a still a trolling Real fan at heart?

OF COURSE you can't get Weigl. And Sanchez turned you down already.

Stop making fun of him, this is him being serious.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 30 Jan - 12:24:53

Curtinho wrote:It doesn't matter who we have until Klopp learns to take a better approach or change how he gameplans against teams that play extremely defensively and look to hit us on the counter.

I'm sorry, but you can't blame the players constantly when we're dominating against the better teams in the league that are willing to open up and play football with us. Are you saying that this team, which beats or outplays teams with rosters like Chelsea, City, Tottenham, United and Arsenal, doesn't have good enough players to beat teams like Burnley, Swansea and co.?

We're looking at the wrong thing right now. This is not a player issue.

Klopp's not entirely innocent this season, no. He has his faults, every manager does. But he's one of the few people at the club that is "world class", he's not done much wrong this season. He's had one bad month (a REALLY REALLY BAD MONTH) which has to be said. But again, he does not have the depth, and it IS essentially his first season. I have no doubts we'll be playing in Europe next season.

You could argue there's a January window, but he's here for the long term. He believes in his project. He's not going to panic sign anybody. He's always been like this, he's always done business in the summer.  

With that said, notice how he TAKES THE BLAME when it goes wrong / the players let him down? That's the sign of a great manager son. He doesn't throw players under the bus. He WILL turn this around, especially now as Henderson, Coutinho, and now Mane are back from injuries / AFCON / regaining match fitness.  

Also, you CAN blame the players. *bleep* oath you can.

We've been mid-table since 2010. THAT'S SEVEN YEARS. And have a look at our transfers in the last 7 years. It's no surprise. We're always hunting players from mid-table clubs. We've bought ourselves into mediocrity. We had ONE OUTLIER year where we title challenged because we had Luis Suarez in our team; but at the end of the day half our current team is "depth". We have a decent spine at the club, don't get me wrong, we do have some very good players; and when these players DO play we've shown what we can do. I've stayed away from pretty much every forum since Klopp has been at the club, because it's always the same. We ALWAYS have either the best team in the world and nobody can touch us, or we lose, and we're I don't know, getting relegated because everyone's a dud. There's no median. It's ALWAYS THE SAME BULLSHITTTTTTTTTTTTTT :s

The biggest problem with half the players is mentality. They WANT to play well against the top 6. They want to prove themselves. The games open, they show what they can do. But against the likes of Swansea and the other teams you've mentioned, they don't have that urgency, they don't put that 100%, they're sluggish, they're *bleep* complacent, they're patient, they don't have the balls to go forward and shoot, they always play the simple pass, they don't get into the mindset of getting the 3 points; they're too comfortable. They think it's going to be a breeze. It's all in the body attitude. Look at it closely. Watch em play against Chelsea, and watch em play against, I don't know, Sunderland. It's completely different. It's predictable. Until they concede and realise "oh what the *bleep* just happened".

And it's been *bleep* the biggest problem Liverpool has had since I've supported the club. It's been happening since the late 90s. On the average, we ALWAYS do well against the top sides, it's the smaller sides we have a problem with. I've said it before in a previous post, but we EXPECT to get the 3 points against the smaller sides despite not playing well. The likes of Chelsea and United (under SAF anyways) ALWAYS put in the necessary performance to get the 3 points or atleast always DID ENOUGH to get the 3 points. We don't. We pass the ball around like dumb *bleep* and have 75% possession not having any shots and then wonder how we lost a game despite "dominating" a game. rofl

The current side doesn't have a winning mentality yet. They still pass the ball to Coutinho and hope he can pull of a 30 yard worldie against the likes of Swansea.

Our current midfield / selection in January has been horrid. I didn't want to read your essay before this because I know for a fact you're going to defend that Wijnaldum-Henderson-Can midfield when it's essentially the sole reason we've had a very bad month / "ruined" our season. (Although you've never rated Can so you've properly entirely blamed him. Laughing)

I'm sure we'll start doing better now we have some key players back and/or they're getting into match fitness (the likes of Coutinho, Hendo, Mane are massive when fit, we lost them for majority of January)

Also, we only have solely the league to focus on, so we can't really *bleep* this up any more. Positives, eh. Make sure we can get into that top 4, so we can get the Gotze's etc in the summer.

Didn't re read any of that, was in a rush so apologies if some shit doesn't make sense, tell me and I'll elaborate it on further when I get a chance.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon 30 Jan - 19:03:29

I still have faith in Klopp. I'm not saying 'Klopp out' or anything like that or berating him as a manager. I'm just saying right now what he's been doing or how he's been setting up, regardless of our player performances, hasn't been good enough. Even early in the season when Mané was available the struggles were still there against those kind of teams. It's not a depth issue.

As far as players go...he had this summer to sign people if he thought he needed it. You can blame them if you want but Klopp believed/believes he can work with the players he has and he made some buys to supplement that.

I also didn't defend the Hendo/Wiji/Can midfield btw. Those three shouldn't play together. I more defended Hendo/Wiji as individual players and said that they do need a complementary player to be an effective midfield (someone like a Lallana, or even Coutinho there to be the guy that is more technical, aggressive on the ball and capable of creating real space and driving the play forward).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon 30 Jan - 19:47:04

Klopp needs time.

But he needs to sort out some issues too.

YNWA
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveSlug Sun 5 Feb - 1:21:06

I love Klopp and think he will get things right and obviously deserves more time but the man seems to be somewhat immune from criticism and anyone who dares speak out to against some of his decisions etc should support someone other than Liverpool or they are deluded etc etc.

Couple of things on Klopp, yes he's a world class manager and I have no doubt he'll get things right given time but a few things that he could do better right now are: 1) Why did he play a 2nd team against Wolves? We were low on confidence and needed a win, this would have been a great chance to achieve that. 2) Why is Can continuously getting picked, he literally hasn't done anything in about the last 10 or so games he has played he should be dropped and Wijnaldum should be in his place. 3) He really *bleep* needs a plan b for when plan a fails. People are saying everyone can play against Liverpool now and Klopp has been found out but that is all nonsense and his team can still take others apart the issue is we don't have a big enough squad to keep up the kind of pressure and performances that we seen at the start of the season and we don't have enough squad depth to stick to just plan a. 4) Make subs *bleep* earlier in the game stop leaving subs to between the 80th - 90th minute it never *bleep* helps and chance our set piece takers, our corners are awful and needs changed. 5) I don't know if this is Klopp or FSG but we really need investment in the squad, Milner is not a LB, yes he's doing a good job there but we need a proper LB, we need proper striker, Studge isn't doing the business, Origi isn't good enough to be a full time striker and everyone else in the team is just an attacking player not a striker. We also need a whole new defense apart from Clyne. We need two new starting CB and as previously said a new LB and finally we need to signing more squad depth for pretty much every position in the squad. If all this happens I'm sure we'd be in a much better position.
LoveSlug
LoveSlug
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2