BarrileteCosmico
McAgger
M99
Freeza
RealGunner
41 posters

Page 29 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by CBarca Sat May 30, 2020 1:59 pm

RealGunner wrote:Seems like the standard of sitcoms have really gone down over the years. Maybe there really isn't anything new to try anymore.

B99 and It's always sunny are the two good ones.

Curb Your Enthusiasm, Rick & Morty, Community, Bojack (although I've only watched bits and pieces). Not recent but if you haven't watched Flight of the Conchords you're missing out

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by Myesyats Sat May 30, 2020 2:26 pm

You should watch Barry, its a great comedy series.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun May 31, 2020 12:12 am

Warrior wrote:I just watched 2 episodes of Space Force... it's not very good Thumbs up

yea i could sense it would be shit just by watching the trailer
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:57 pm

After more episodes of Space Force, it gets better tbh. The concept behind the show is interesting, but they don't properly introduce the viewers until ep. 3 then we can appreciate
Second episode was a bit ridiculous, i felt inside the delirium of a scientist on acid trip.

Also IT Crowd's episode about the german cannibal was great. Crazy it really happened Laughing

Curious about the Jeffrey Epstein documentary, i don't see any reviews here, and didn't bother to search elsewhere

For those who like mafia/crime mini-series, i suggest Bad Blood, perhaps i did before, in february
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:25 am

Currently in episode 3 of Space Force, and yeah, it's pretty poor.

I did enjoy episode 2 and it was pretty funny, a chimpanzee in space is a surefire winner tbh, but it didn't hold. Episode 3 is absolutely terrible, and it's all over the place both in terms of politics and in terms of the main character.

Really disappointing from Carrell. Par for the course from Netflix. Says it all when the real life events a comedy series is based on are patently more funny. They couldn't even settle on what to make fun of. Very confused production.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:49 am

Did you ever watch Twin Peaks: The Return, Hans?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:15 am

Thimmy wrote:Did you ever watch Twin Peaks: The Return, Hans?

Not yet ffs

still waiting for that perfect moment

thought I would have more time in 'lockdown' but turns out I didn't

I still find time to watch worse shows, of course, but with Twin Peaks I would need to be able to focus
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:53 pm

Lost for words how bad Space Force is
In equal parts bland, over-caricatured, completely uninspired, all over the place, decidedly unfunny, mercilessly random, boring, pointless storylines, without any direction and devoid of gags, with characters being implausible, incoherent and uninteresting at the same time.
And all that based on real life material that in itself is already a comedical slam dunk. How can you fuck this up so bad?
Who writes this stuff? And how long does is take them? And who reads it and considers it good to go?

What a disaster. Wow. Only good few minutes are in episode 2, it's been downhill since then.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:14 pm

yup i could see all that coming from the trailer Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:47 am

RealGunner wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:We started watching Harry Potter on HBO Max yesterday, since I never got past the 3rd movie in my youth. Watching as an adult you realize Harry and his friends are privileged POSs who only break rules and keep getting rewarded for it. The whole ending (where Dumbledore decorates the hall with Slytherin colors because they won the House Cup, and then goes "but wait! There's more!" and tears down the banners to put Gryffindor ones there instead) was worse than calciopoli, it pays to have friends in high places. Can't believe I didn't see the corruption as a child.

Lol this 1000x

You only realise it as an adult what a farce hogwarts was.

but calciopoli wasn't a farce
Anyway lol I am not really the only one to notice same analogy. Laughing I wrote it even on twitter - Guido Rossi is our Albus Silente. ( both "headmasters" who assign the title, Silente was a former Gryffondor student while G.Rossi  had been part in Inter Board of Directors)
Gryffondor win his first title in the table after many years without winning it  (Inter) - and after  this one get in the table they win  them  in a row ( Inter).
* in that title on a table, the abitual winner ,  the evil ..(Slytherin, Juve) and rival of that other... get declassed
Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nNM_x0P08I

so i finally finished Bojack today. The ending broke me. Really great series, you know it's always good when you project yourself, your life moments and relationships onto characters and moments in the show.

i found season 6 to be a bit of a drag sometimes, some unnecessary episodes and moments in the earlier episodes, but at least the series found form again for the last 5 or so episodes.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:13 am

After several friends suggested it, i watch Peaky Blinders season 1 yesterday. I rate it B-

What i like the most is the atmosphere and the british accents. Also the main actor, Cillian Murphy, i did not like his face since he played Scarecrow, but i turn my coat, in this role he is excellent. Rest of the cast is also credible.

The story itself is not that much original, but it's not overused either. Fair enough about the plot. Last episode was a bit disappointing, i expected Tommy to knew all along about the barmaid. Instead it's gonna turn into a complicated love story, i think.

The main flaw of this show, it's extremely slow-paced. They could do in 3 episodes what they did in 6. Anyways, i'll probably watch the second season, later.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:25 am

Warrior wrote:After several friends suggested it, i watch Peaky Blinders season 1 yesterday. I rate it B-

What i like the most is the atmosphere and the british accents. Also the main actor, Cillian Murphy, i did not like his face since he played Scarecrow, but i turn my coat, in this role he is excellent. Rest of the cast is also credible.

The story itself is not that much original, but it's not overused either. Fair enough about the plot. Last episode was a bit disappointing, i expected Tommy to knew all along about the barmaid. Instead it's gonna turn into a complicated love story, i think.

The main flaw of this show, it's extremely slow-paced. They could do in 3 episodes what they did in 6. Anyways, i'll probably watch the second season, later.

Fun fact: Peaky Blinders named best value for money TV show - beating 48 others. With one of the lowest budgets of the lot at £1.6million per episode, the gangster drama comes out on top with it's 8.8 IMDb rating

This show has a really small budget, in comparison, but it's really great.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:09 am

1.6 million is among the lowest Laughing

What costs so much ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:26 am

Other series i've followed since the pandemic started

Vikings: Not sure if i said it before, dropped out halfway through season 3, it became redundant. I'll resume later. No doubt it's quality.

IT Crowd: some chuckles here and there, 2 great episodes, overall it was a decent show

Space Force: i rate it D- it's mediocre. Very few episodes show glimpses of not being pure crap. Interesting concept poorly executed. It probably cost 5 millions per episode Laughing somehow it gives the impression of being low budget
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:30 am

I would imagine it costs a lot to prepare the sets with cars and stuff of that era, the visual effects, the salaries are high especially for Tom Hardy and Cillian etc. It all adds up
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:34 am

Wait Tom Hardy will join the cast lol ?

I'd swear this guy is everywhere
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:39 am

Warrior wrote:After several friends suggested it, i watch Peaky Blinders season 1 yesterday. I rate it B-

yea if there's one criticism i have of Peaky Blinders, that'll be it.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:17 am

Warrior wrote:Wait Tom Hardy will join the cast lol ?

I'd swear this guy is everywhere

Yeah, he is awesome in the show, as always

Also Adrien Brody will be there. Lots of big names, they ask for quite a bit of money I'd imagine
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:01 am

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:43 am

Have to say Hamilton is the first (and so far only) thing I'm hyped for in Disney+
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:51 pm

A fallout TV show?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:18 pm

RealGunner wrote:

A fallout TV show?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fallout-tv-series-westworld-creators-works-at-amazon-1301570
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:34 pm

Completely missed it (or maybe not advertised well?) but Amazon have made an Alex Rider tv show ffs.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:44 pm

nvm it's shit

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:52 am

Alex Rider :bow:

A forgotten memory from age 9-13 or something (great period of life imo) it's always welcomed

Big fan of the books, the movie was a disgrace
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next