Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
22 posters

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by M99 Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:43 pm

I'll take Mole's review more seriously than a guy who calls the game cuck friendly before release.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:55 pm

Mole tell us you rate the game a modest 6.5/10 to shut Dany up pls
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:41 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Mole tell us you rate the game a modest 6.5/10 to shut Dany up pls
Thumbs up Thumbs up
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:28 am

The dogs in this game can fuck off Laughing

Feel like i’m facing the cobra tanks in Arkham Knight Laughing
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:31 pm

I'm 6 hours in and can't for the live of me understand why everyone is so pissed off.

Game is great, maybe instead of watching some leaks thinking you know everything play the fucking game.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:44 pm

As for Dany's comment about not trusting me lol.

Why the hell would i change my mind about something after i played it lol? Also yes i decide before reviews because i don't need an opinion of some random idiot and don't follow consensus like some blind sheep.

Also I'm not sure what i have done for anyone to be so hesitant towards me, what was the last objectively bad game i praised? Without sounding arrogant or cocky i feel like I've got a pretty good track record when it comes to this stuff.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:02 pm

Also you want a game where i changed my mind(negatively)on while playing it? Arkham Knight.

I just don't usually criticize or talk something extensively if i didn't like it, don't see the point. Just move on to the next thing.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:43 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm 6 hours in and can't for the live of me understand why everyone is so pissed off.

Game is great, maybe instead of watching some leaks thinking you know everything play the fucking game.
Pretty much the same. I’m nearly 10 hours in and can’t see what it is yet. It must be the characters that these incles are so pressed about.

Maybe i’ll see it later. So far there’s no forced narrative or anything.

Also I doubt very much these guys have played the game and just read 4chan. I mean a 15 year old retard saying “feminazi” and quits a few hours in and someone who completed in less than a day. Laughing

Unreal how far some people will go to push their agenda about this game Laughing
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:18 pm

Most story complaints are about the last story third. I've managed to keep away from spoilers, but it must be truly awful stuff if a perfectly decent game is turned into a 0 by it. Rolling Eyes

My copy gets here tomorrow
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:01 pm

I'm now over 10 hours in and this is either the most dramatic fall from grace I've ever seen or as usual the internet overreacted to something they either know absolutely fuck all about and have no context because they didn't actually play the fucking game.

Yeah I'm choosing the latter.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:19 pm

I haven't had time to play the game this weekend, but many of the complaints seem to be about how the story eventually unfolds, like BC alluded to.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:33 pm

A story that they really don't have a clue about because they only know of it partially through a second hand account.

I'll apologise if I'm wrong but i doubt i will be.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:38 pm

I withold my judgement until I've actually played through the game, myself. I do suspect that they have a point in their criticism, and I doubt all of them are just bashing it without actually having played the game, but it's probably not half as bad as most of them make it out to be.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:44 pm

4 hours or so in.

This game so far is freakin epic. My god.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:58 pm

Thimmy wrote:I withold my judgement until I've actually played through the game, myself. I do suspect that they have a point in their criticism, and I doubt all of them are just bashing it without actually having played the game, but it's probably not half as bad as most of them make it out to be.

Your memory seems very short lol, this is what gamers on the internet are mostly like and it isn't new.

Also most of the people bitching have admitted they haven't played the game so you'd be wrong. I have no idea why you're giving them the benefit of the doubt anyway. hmm

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:13 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Thimmy wrote:I withold my judgement until I've actually played through the game, myself. I do suspect that they have a point in their criticism, and I doubt all of them are just bashing it without actually having played the game, but it's probably not half as bad as most of them make it out to be.

Your memory seems very short lol, this is what gamers on the internet are mostly like and it isn't new.

Also most of the people bitching have admitted they haven't played the game so you'd be wrong. I have no idea why you're giving them the benefit of the doubt anyway. hmm

Because while I'm aware that a lot of those people are impulsive and hysterical, I somehow doubt it's all made up nonsense with absolutely no basis in anything other than some leaked material. As usual, there's likely a middle ground here. I highly doubt the game is shit. It's Naughty Dog, it's The Last of Us, I have high expectations and I imagine many of them are true. I don't doubt that there's some truth to the criticism as well, though. And I think that's something worth discussing, once we've all played through the game.

You should have realized by now, that you tend to be comparatively much more optimistic when discussing games than I am. Every game has flaws to some extent, and I don't think it's pointless to discuss them, even if the total sum of the game is near perfect. If there's anything I'm not interested in reading about, it's when people praise a game's most obvious strong points over and over again, as if they think other people haven't noticed it already. That's all well and good, but nothing worth discussing, in my opinion.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:09 am

Tbf to the people complaining about the story, the fact that one of the co-writers was a writer in Westworld is a huge red flag IMO. Terrible show that keeps putting the plot ahead of the characters.

But it's hard to take them seriously when all the complaints are about sjw, muscular women and trans people. But maybe that's all they can say without going into spoilers.

I'm definitely going into it with the attitude that it all might turn to shit eventually.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:47 am

This is basically how i feel.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:32 pm

That is basically how you feel whenever someone has criticism towards any game hmm

I’m only about an hour in, and I already see where some of the criticism is coming from. It doesn’t necessarily take away from the general enjoyment too much, but the burly woman and the multicultural friend circle doesn’t seem very organic, to me. I’m sure I’ll be able to enjoy the game just fine in spite of it, but it still seems a bit awkward and cheesy.

Surely, there are ways to empower female characters without making them look jacked or masculine? Does every race have to be presented, in order for something to not be «white washed»? I mean, these design choices aren’t a big deal, so far, but I’d be lying if I said they didn’t feel very deliberately implemented. Some people don’t mind that it is this way, or even support the political ideals behind it, but no one should be surprised that this level of politics in any media, is divisive.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:37 pm

The characters and their story do not feel forced for me in any way. Matter fact I applaud ND for not giving us another game with all white male characters without it being forced.

Kudos to them because I like all the characters in the game so far and their back story as the game progress.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:53 pm

Yeah, the inclusion of non-white characters is welcome, and I don’t mind strong, female characters - a lot of games and movies get those right, but I do think these decisions stand out in the game so far. Forced isn’t the right word, but I personally think they could’ve made it more organic or more like a realistic, multicultural community than a progressive paradise, if that makes any sense.

And I’m not saying this makes the game bad in any way. I’m still expecting great things from it, but I would’ve done those things a bit differently. Those are my early impressions, anyway. I’m only about an hour in, and it’s looking good so far. How far have you guys gotten?

Last edited by Thimmy on Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:01 pm

I can’t say much without spoiling. In my opinion as you progress it’ll feel more natural as you learn more.

It’s easier to discuss this when we finished the game though.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:04 pm

LeVersacci wrote:I can’t say much without spoiling. In my opinion as you progress it’ll feel more natural as you learn more.

Yeah, I agree. How far into the game are you?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:As for Dany's comment about not trusting me lol.

Why the hell would i change my mind about something after i played it lol? Also yes i decide before reviews because i don't need an opinion of some random idiot and don't follow consensus like some blind sheep.

Also I'm not sure what i have done for anyone to be so hesitant towards me, what was the last objectively bad game i praised? Without sounding arrogant or cocky i feel like I've got a pretty good track record when it comes to this stuff.
It is not that you praise bad games. It is that, in my opinion, you overpraise decent games and more often than not and don't change your initial assessment of a game. I know you mentioned Batman and Pedram mentioned Mafia III, so I'm sure there are exceptions to this that I was not aware of.

Last edited by danyjr on Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:11 pm

Thimmy wrote:
LeVersacci wrote:I can’t say much without spoiling. In my opinion as you progress it’ll feel more natural as you learn more.

Yeah, I agree. How far into the game are you?
11 hours according to my save file. So about halfway through the game now.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:59 pm

Just as a quick aside, Ellie is born in 2019 and is part of the first generation in the US where American caucasians are expected to be less than 50% of their generation. Millenials are 56% and Zoomers 52% so not exactly an overwhelming majority either. (Not even sure what the people after Zoomers are called).

I get how having every race represented might feel like they're checking a box and make you roll your eyes as if you were looking at a corporate brochure intent on making everyone feel welcome, but multi-racial groups should be the norm by then (they're pretty common already). Especially in a post-apocalyptic zombie world where many of the systematic segregation structures that keep people separated in the US no longer exist. The Walking Dead had a very diverse cast and no one ever complained about it.

Not that ND is thinking about any of this, just pointing it out.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next