The Last Of Us: Part 2

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by M99 on Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:06 pm

@Babun wrote:
@M99 wrote:
@Babun don't you have to discuss superior exclusives on the PC thread rather than posting memes from incel cesspools? Btw didn't know you managed to finish the game on PC twelve hours after it only released on PS4. Damn, PC master race reaching new technological heights :bow:

I bought it for my cousin (because he is 15) who anticipated the game like no tomorrow and saved up money long before the release. There is no proper school due to Corona and he won't go on holidays ( he goes two times per week just for 3 hours to get his homework). He played through the game, I don't want to spoil anything:
1. The gameplay and mechanics are absolutely fantastic, much better than LOTU I.
2. The plot was completly ruined from his perspective by Femanzis as he says.
If you're okay with femnazis shoving minorities everywhere for the greater good then the game itself shouldn't be a problem. If you're a huge sucker for the first part (the last of us I) brace yourself Very Happy
He wants to sell it after he played through no one wants it on ebay.


Take your incel shit (along with your stupid sig) and shove it lmao. The existence of a certain group of people is not an agenda. Plot ruined by feminazis lmao.

For the record I have read the leaks (unavoidable, people were spoiling it everywhere). And yes, the story sounds absolute shit to me. I am still giving it a chance by actually playing through it. Most people are upset and review bombing this because of the presence of LGBTQ characters and comments like these are prime example of it.

If that makes me a cuck, then so be it.

M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Posts : 28822
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by Thimmy on Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:18 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Sure, just not a political one Smile


No, I don’t think those are common, at all. Slant magazine is the only politically- driven game critic I’ve seen in recent time, and I get the impression that some of their critics are being intentionally controversial.

The comment section/visitor count tracker on their website explodes every time they rate popular games low, or accuse developers of sexism. But again, it’s just one of many reasons why I take professional critics on sites like, Metacritic with a grain of salt.

_________________
The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 1577400459_125840_1577471755_noticia_normal
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10599
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by Jay29 on Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:22 pm

I wouldn't even say it's agenda driven. AAA games happen to be a good games, on the whole. There's a lot to be said about the direction these games are heading in but, for the most part, they have solid gameplay loops and impressive visuals which is enough to earn a high score. This game isn't an exception.

Personal context plays a role as well. If a reviewer loved their time with the game they're going to gush about it regardless of its flaws. It's not the reviewer's job to be objective, but to give their honest opinions and if that opinon is 10/10 masterpiece or 0/10 dumpster fire then so be it. Accusing any site of overscoring or underscoring is the reader's bias, not the writer's.
And from what I've heard, some reviewers are more scared of being attacked on the internet than theg are of angry publishers which might explain a reluctance to give lower scores.

The inherent problem here is that reviews that come immediately after a first playthrough tend to be exaggerated. You usually have to distance yourself a bit, or play the game again, to make a more accurate assessment.

Anyway, I hope people enjoy the game. I only posted because the whole critic vs user discrepency is important to consider but thats a discussion for another place.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19195
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by Thimmy on Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:34 pm

I don’t know how it works in the rest of the world, but a friend of mine is a movie/game critic, and he once specifically told me that his job was to be as objective as possible. Personally, I don’t see the point in having professional critics, if their ability to distinguish between objective criticism and sentimental response is on the same level as the average, user critic.

I, personally, don’t care what some journalist’s subjective opinion on a game is. I’d rather read their attempt at being objective, and then make up my own opinion based on that information.

_________________
The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 1577400459_125840_1577471755_noticia_normal
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10599
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by LeVersacci on Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:42 pm

Incels is simply cancerous. I hate that we’re spending more time on these cucks than the game itself.

_________________
Fuck the police - N.W.A
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13084
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by LeVersacci on Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:43 pm

Anyway decided to dip early so will play this for a few hours maybe more Proud

_________________
Fuck the police - N.W.A
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13084
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by rincon on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:17 am

"feminazis", "cucks", etc. whenever these words are used to describe a situation 99% of the time its oversensitive BS. Internet pseudo-trolls want to act like the tough guys by saying: "sjw are so sensitive"; while hypocritically overreacting to every bit of media that goes against their ideologies.

People need to grow up. Almost every time there is no grand political conspiracy on most stuff. Don't want to watch a lesbian? don't play the game with a lesbian in it. Why act entitled and attack naughty dog for making a game with character's with different sexuality? not everything is a personal attack. Most people simply don't care and can enjoy media regardless.

Incels are just an extremely toxic community.

TLOU2 is not a 3/10 game. I don't know if it's a 10/10 either, I will play it and see, but it's very obviously not 3/10. It also obvious that the disproportionate amount of negative reviews on the day of launch aren't actual reviews made on good faith by people who completed the game.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14365
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by Jay29 on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:51 am

@Thimmy wrote:I don’t know how it works in the rest of the world, but a friend of mine is a movie/game critic, and he once specifically told me that his job was to be as objective as possible. Personally, I don’t see the point in having professional critics, if their ability to distinguish between objective criticism and sentimental response is on the same level as the average, user critic.

I, personally, don’t care what some journalist’s subjective opinion on a game is. I’d rather read their attempt at being objective, and then make up my own opinion based on that information.


To be honest, anyone who thinks they're writing an "objective" review is kidding themselves.

All reviews are subjective because the so called pros and cons of any game are the perception of the reviewer based on their experiences.

A reviewer can always make their argument as fair and constructive as possible, but the premise will still be an opinion, hence it cannot be objective.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19195
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by LeVersacci on Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:29 am

Had to turn my off my PS4. Legit thought it would implode.

Fan is going craaaazy

_________________
Fuck the police - N.W.A
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13084
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by LeVersacci on Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:44 am

Holy shit the first few hours is insane.

ND Proud

_________________
Fuck the police - N.W.A
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13084
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by Babun on Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:43 am

@rincon wrote:"feminazis", "cucks", etc. whenever these words are used to describe a situation 99% of the time its oversensitive BS. Internet pseudo-trolls want to act like the tough guys by saying: "sjw are so sensitive"; while hypocritically overreacting to every bit of media that goes against their ideologies.

People need to grow up. Almost every time there is no grand political conspiracy on most stuff. Don't want to watch a lesbian? don't play the game with a lesbian in it. Why act entitled and attack naughty dog for making a game with character's with different sexuality? not everything is a personal attack. Most people simply don't care and can enjoy media regardless.

Incels are just an extremely toxic community.

TLOU2 is not a 3/10 game. I don't know if it's a 10/10 either, I will play it and see, but it's very obviously not 3/10. It also obvious that the disproportionate amount of negative reviews on the day of launch aren't actual reviews made on good faith by people who completed the game.

I've got nothing against a strong female lead, a homo or trans protagonist or side character. I'm awaiting Horizon for PC, played all of the Tomb Raiders and Ripley from alien is one of my favourite protagonists ever. I hate it though that to appease to certain audiences characters were literally forced into existing franchises without a proper development and with the total disregard of the previous story or the universe. Best example are Star Wars, GoT etc.
Not the actresses/actors are the problem but plot developers/company politics who just shove characters in. This is clearly motivated to drive inclusivism forward and to keep FemNazis quite. I don't mind if done right like in the case of Horizon: develop a plot around a character or introduce a new NPC properly, don't shove it in to appease.

I won't discuss anything about LOTU 2 until you guys finished the game. Afterwards, we could talk whether the game deserved a 10 or not.

_________________
The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 A3w1-Gr1-460swp
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6617
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by danyjr on Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:48 am

@Babun wrote:I won't discuss anything about LOTU 2 until you guys finished the game. Afterwards, we could talk whether the game deserved a 10 or not.
I can already tell you it is not a 10/10 game.

_________________
The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Ezgif-10
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 6902
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by LeVersacci on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:05 pm

Neither of you 2 have finished/played the game lmao foh.

Is it a 10/10 like TLOU1? We’ll find out about it when we finish the game and have a discussion about it.

_________________
Fuck the police - N.W.A
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13084
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by danyjr on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:11 pm

My brother just finished the whole thing. He was a huge fan of the first game (I personally preferred Unchartered series a lot more), and he has nothing against female protagonists, homosexuals or trans people, but said the narrative felt absolutely forced. He compared the game to the Left Behind DLC of the first game and how the DLC was done right whereas this sequel was clearly following an agenda that was given more importance than the fine storytelling of the original.

+ Cutscenes
+ Combat
+ World

- Characters and story
- Didn't feel like TLoU


Last edited by danyjr on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Ezgif-10
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 6902
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by Myesyats on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:12 pm

Nothing was forced in TLOU, it was clearly hinted at in the 2014 Left Behind expansion that Ellie is interested in girls when she hanged out with Riley at the mall and they kissed aswell so their reliationship was 6 years in the making and expected. And she could be bisexual also, I would imagine there's a large number of people who are willing to mingle either way, especially girls.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 12561
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:18 pm

My spoiler free take on this


I don't care about the gender or orientation of make believe characters but I do care about the story and the decisions they made. The leaks being confirmed plus the direction the game takes you plus the ending all sounded absolutely terrible to me so I skipped it.

Having said that aren't the main 3 characters a Lesbian, a Jewish lesbian and a trans woman? What percentage of the population even fall into any of those categories?That's extreme over representation tbh lol. Not 100% sure about that part since I seen the leaks ages ago and was more interested in the major events.

Tlou1 didn't need a sequel and it happened way too late anyways.

For me it's close to a zero because it's not something like DOOM or a CoD campaign

ND make interactive movie games and if the story is shit to me then no amount of visuals or gameplay improvements will make me shell out £50 to get pissed off over. I'm judging it like I would a movie and this is star wars Ep 8 in game format.

I'm sure the gameplay, voice acting and scenery is fantastic being ND but it's absolutely irrelevant to me in a ND game in comparison to the plot.


Last edited by Tomwin Lannister on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________
The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 EuVAp8C



Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.


:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26878
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 79

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by LeVersacci on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:18 pm

“My brother just finished the whole thing” yeah okay mate lmao

I’m 3.5 hours in and nothing feels forced. All the characters so far are great and the story is on point. Again this doesn’t mean much because I haven’t finished the game yet.

I will get back to the characters and the story when i’m finished.

_________________
Fuck the police - N.W.A
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13084
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by M99 on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:42 pm

@Tomwin Lannister wrote:My spoiler free take on this


I don't care about the gender or orientation of make believe characters but I do care about the story and the decisions they made. The leaks being confirmed plus the direction the game takes you plus the ending all sounded absolutely terrible to me so I skipped it.

Having said that aren't the main 3 characters a Lesbian, a Jewish lesbian and a trans woman? What percentage of the population even fall into any of those categories?That's extreme over representation tbh lol. Not 100% sure about that part since I seen the leaks ages ago and was more interested in the major events.

Tlou1 didn't need a sequel and it happened way too late anyways.

For me it's close to a zero because it's not something like DOOM or a CoD campaign

ND make interactive movie games and if the story is shit to me then no amount of visuals or gameplay improvements will make me shell out £50 to get pissed off over. I'm judging it like I would a movie and this is star wars Ep 8 in game format.

I'm sure the gameplay, voice acting and scenery is fantastic being ND but it's absolutely irrelevant to me in a ND game in comparison to the plot.


Spoiler:
Abby is not transexual. This is false info being sprouted everywhere just because she is a muscular woman.

_________________
#JUSTICE4The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Lulcas11The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBThe Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 ZidaneThe Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 SmurffThe Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 GhelyonThe Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Hungry_boyThe Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Lol-sign

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 28822
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 97

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:43 pm

Yeah I wasn't sure about that part lol because when I seen the major events I said I was done


_________________
The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 EuVAp8C



Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.


:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26878
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 79

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by RealGunner on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:50 pm

Gotta say, i love the return of monday night wars on GL. Incredible heat.


I don't think any of us have actually played or finished the game yet. Let's just make up our minds once we play it.

Mole must be near completing it at this point. Been at it since yesterday afternoon ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 86417
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by danyjr on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:59 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Mole must be near completing it at this point. Been at it since yesterday afternoon ffs
Mole's views have zero credibility to me. He decides what he will like before he even plays it and I don't think I've ever seen the guy admit he was wrong about something once.

I can already tell you he's going to come here and say the game is a 9 or a 10. You can quote me on this.

_________________
The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Ezgif-10
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 6902
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by Pedram on Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:18 pm

@danyjr wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:Mole must be near completing it at this point. Been at it since yesterday afternoon ffs
Mole's views have zero credibility to me. He decides what he will like before he even plays it and I don't think I've ever seen the guy admit he was wrong about something once.

I can already tell you he's going to come here and say the game is a 9 or a 10. You can quote me on this.

Didn't he change his mind about Mafia 3 after playing it?
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6189
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by danyjr on Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:50 pm

Maybe he did, I don't remember. But that's the general feeling I get from Mole.

_________________
The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Ezgif-10
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 6902
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by Myesyats on Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:26 pm

@danyjr wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:Mole must be near completing it at this point. Been at it since yesterday afternoon ffs
Mole's views have zero credibility to me. He decides what he will like before he even plays it and I don't think I've ever seen the guy admit he was wrong about something once.

I can already tell you he's going to come here and say the game is a 9 or a 10. You can quote me on this.

That's because it probably is much closer to 10/10 than 3/10. Even if the story is "unsatisfying" it's nearly impossible for it to drop that low unless Ellie decides to go mad and burns the entire city on a dragon.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 12561
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by danyjr on Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:33 pm

I haven't played the game, but from what I heard from those with views close to mine, it is more like a 7.

_________________
The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Ezgif-10
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 6902
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by M99 on Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:43 pm

I'll take Mole's review more seriously than a guy who calls the game cuck friendly before release.

_________________
#JUSTICE4The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Lulcas11The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBThe Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 ZidaneThe Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 SmurffThe Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 GhelyonThe Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Hungry_boyThe Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Lol-sign

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 28822
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 97

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us: Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Of Us: Part 2

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum