Hapless_Hans
Nishankly
Art Morte
48 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:16 pm

Pedram wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dear-brogressives-please-let-women-mourn-hillary-clinton_us_5829c44ee4b02d21bbc97a6a

This kind of nonsense from the regressive left is the reason Hillary lost, and they wonder why Sanders supporters didn't vote for her. the mainstream liberal media needs to stop calling everyone sexist, racist, fascist, xenophobe, homophobe. name-calling certainly didn't help her against Trump.

I know it's been touched upon before in detail but yeah... this Laughing

Regardless if what 'side' you're on these idiots that make up a really loud vocal part of society labelling everything as ...'ist' when something doesn't go their way and it makes people vote in protest.

Some extremely unlikable woman doesn't get in... SEXIST

Trump (I know he's probably a racist pos but in this particular instance) says illegal immigrants should be deported. XENOPHOBE. How dare he try and uphold immigration laws.

etc etc. Happens to average people in average situations too. I read an article that pointed out how the only group you can literally mock and insult in the mainstream US media again and again often without repercussion is the working class white Americans, particularly men. You can call them all rednecks, idiots, fools and stereotype them to death etc etc. Pretty much any other group, if you so much as make a negative remark in passing the P.C brigade storm in to save the day.

And then they wonder why these ordinary working class people who have been lumped in with 'racists... somethingists and rednecks' have voted strongly in favour of Trump.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:47 am

At this point, it's the guys around Trump that are scarier than he is.

Bannon is bad news....all the way around. He makes everyone else Trump has been tapping for spots seem civilized. I follow Breitbart (just as I follow HuffPost on the left) and there's only so much of that garbage I can read in a given day. And the comments sections.....makes 4chan look like a tame subreddit.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:51 am

Looks like Ben Carson has turned down the chance to join the Trump Administration.

His reason?: I feel like I don't have any government experience.

This from a guy who ran to be president.

Apparently being President is easier than being HHS Secretary....who knew? Laughing

Can't make this stuff up. Now he's free to go pursue his real dream.....Egyptology.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:16 am

I said I would stay away from politics post-election but it's been very difficult for me. I'm too intensely interested in the outcome of this past election (disgusted is another way to put it) and, well, I like reading a lot of it.

I don't mark this particularly as a return to me discussing such matters here, but I did want to throw out a couple good articles that complicate the picture of a Trump presidency as something propagated by and driven primarily by the working white class (NOTE: that is not me saying that they weren't a major player in him winning. They were, especially because the electoral college, in its brilliance, paved the way for this group to take over swing states in the rust belt that traditionally go blue).

With that being said, there is a more complicated picture here. Which is exactly why I was very wary and averse to labeling Trump supporters by broad strokes and stereotypes.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/09/white-voters-victory-donald-trump-exit-polls

This next one I've linked before and stand by it being the best article of the US election season. In hindsight (I've read it again), it has profound clarity.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/oct/13/liberal-media-bias-working-class-americans

And finally, this last article is an interview from NPR's On The Media with the author of the previous article, "Dangerous Idiots" in which they extrapolate a little bit on the article and its themes.

http://www.wnyc.org/story/truth-trump-supporters/?hootPostID=0e9b2b7dacaccc3d3279a781e34cde78

There is a lot of analysis going on post-election...again, reading a lot of it, I'm 50/50. Some of it is decent, a lot of it is trash. The liberal media has gained a little perspective but a lot of it is still disappointing to me. I have to say, Clinton's blaming of the election result on Comey and other reasons...what a terrible mentality. She's quite clearly part of the liberal elite who won't admit their party has abandoned many of the people it used to (or claim it used to) represent. Or won't admit she was weak.

Aside, for the people of WI and Clinton's embarrassing treatment of them:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:18 am

McLewis wrote:Looks like Ben Carson has turned down the chance to join the Trump Administration.

His reason?: I feel like I don't have any government experience.

This from a guy who ran to be president.

Apparently being President is easier than being HHS Secretary....who knew? Laughing

Can't make this stuff up. Now he's free to go pursue his real dream.....Egyptology.

I was wondering if this was him being an idiot, which is more than in the running considering his views on things, or if it was a backhanded insult and slap at Trump, whilst refusing to be a part of his cabinet. I feel it's the latter, really.

I also agree with McLewis re: the people around Trump. Bannon is an absolute disaster. Hope somehow someone can purge him. The guy is a cesspool of a human being, absolute scum of the earth.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:24 pm

The Trump team naming Bannon, employing him, and Republicans going along with it, already tells you how f*cking scary it's going to be the next four years for members of any minority.
F*cked up times ahead.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:14 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:32 am

Trump adviser Roger Stone says Alex Jones is going to be a "valuable asset” for the Trump administration

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/11/17/trump-adviser-roger-stone-alex-jones-will-be-valuable-asset-new-trump-admin/214526
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:25 am

VivaStPauli wrote:The Trump team naming Bannon, employing him, and Republicans going along with it, already tells you how f*cking scary it's going to be the next four years for members of any minority.
F*cked up times ahead.
I just don't understand why anyone is surprised he named his campaign chief to the white house.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:06 pm

I'm not surprised, I'm just telling people who think Trump might "not be that bad" that he's going to be that f*cking bad.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:44 pm

The only one who's happy atm is David Duke.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:48 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:The Trump team naming Bannon, employing him, and Republicans going along with it, already tells you how f*cking scary it's going to be the next four years for members of any minority.
F*cked up times ahead.

I find it nearly as scary as your government employing organizations with connections to Stasi agents to police the Internet. Rolling Eyes
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:16 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:
F*cked up times ahead.

I find it nearly as scary as your government employing organizations with connections to Stasi agents to police the Internet. Rolling Eyes

Just noticed your signature. You're so close-minded that your brain might as well be stuck inbetween your buttcheeks :coffee:
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:36 pm

F*cked up times ahead.

These colors don't run Thumbs up

Although I am planning on leaving Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:51 pm

Thimmy wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:
F*cked up times ahead.

Just noticed your signature. You're so close-minded that your brain might as well be stuck inbetween your buttcheeks :coffee:

Yeah that quote Laughing conservatives are sure as hell very creative at justifying their narrow-mindedness. makes sense why their brain can only process the bible and religious mumbo jumbo.

Still it shouldn't harm them much if they could "open" their thick skull to new ideas sometimes.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:30 pm

Pedram wrote:
Thimmy wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:

Yeah that quote Laughing conservatives are sure as hell very creative at justifying their narrow-mindedness. makes sense why their brain can only process the bible and religious mumbo jumbo.

Still it shouldn't harm them much if they could "open" their thick skull to new ideas sometimes.

Although not the quote's progenitor, it's often attributed to Carl Sagan, that damn rock-ribbed religious conservative.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:44 am

The strangest thing about Bannon, and probably the alt right in general, to me is the Idea of "Ethno-Nationalism". I mean, how weird is it to be a nationalist on something as weird as that? Now I will be the first to admit that as a person of Japanese descent we really don't have anything much to be proud of, but even if I were of a descendant of something really amazing like Ancient China(although by Proxy I can say I am since the modern Yamato are definitely descendants of people who crossed into Japan from the Chinese/Korean Peninsula) or Egyptian/Nubian/Kush civilizations I don't think I could ever go around proud of that fact alone.

I am proud of things I achieve, and things that make me what I am as a person, not an ethnic idea. Like I am proud to work in the pharmaceutical industry helping make things which make life better for people. That is pride based on achievement, not birth.

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:40 pm

"Darkness is good"

Steve Bannon's first interview as Trump's Chief Strategist.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/18/politics/steve-bannon-donald-trump-hollywood-reporter-interview/index.html

-------------

Interesting that he bills himself as a econo-nationalist and then mentions Darth Vader, Dick Cheney and Satan in the same sentence Laughing.....all that was missing was Gordon Gecko.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:03 pm

is trump getting the presidents job any worst than roy hodgson getting the England job. I'm not sure tbf. anyway now he has the job we should all get behind him like we did roy. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:39 pm

http://www.mediaite.com/online/how-trumps-victory-was-a-lot-like-the-o-j-simpson-verdict/

Those do seem like a lot of parallels hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:54 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:I find it nearly as scary as your government employing organizations with connections to Stasi agents to police the Internet. Rolling Eyes

I don't see how one has anything to do with the other.
But at least we're a provincial little country, and your (mostly imagined) problems here are unlikely to impact much of the world.

Trump will turn back progress to the tune of decades. It will be the 1950s again, ethically. Horrifying.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:55 pm

Interesting - The future First Lady and First Son will not move to the White House

. Instead they will continue living in New York at Trump Tower so that the boy can continue going to the private boarding school he's attending right now. This will essentially create a 2nd White House since it will be swarming with secret service agents and Melania's staff. Very interested to see what this does to the local businesses around that area. It's a pretty high-class area of course, but I wonder what they think of this.

Trying to find out if there's historical precedence for that. I think the last family to not live in the White House was Washington's family, since it wasn't built until 1802. The capital was New York at the time. All other first ladies and their families have lived at the White House since John Adam and Abigail Adams.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:51 pm

57th street on Fifth avenue is going to be insane with security now. Glad I don't work or live there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:50 am

tbh I like trump. he don't take any shit and says exactly what he thinks. when was the last time a world leader did that.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:46 pm

Unique wrote:tbh I like trump. he don't take any shit and says exactly what he thinks. when was the last time a world leader did that.

Hitler.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:54 pm

futbol wrote:
Unique wrote:tbh I like trump. he don't take any shit and says exactly what he thinks. when was the last time a world leader did that.
Hitler.
Putin
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down