Glory
Lucifer
Nishankly
CBarca
sportsczy
86 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 40 Empty Re: The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by farfan Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:20 pm

Myesyats wrote:You're not getting both

And you're basing this on what exactly? wishful thinking? Laughing

farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 40 Empty Re: The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:36 pm

You just posted this:

------------Haaland---Benzema----------
Vini______________________Mbappé

seriously? Laughing :facepalm:

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:13 pm

That doesn't answer my question Laughing What makes you think Flo won't get both? His own history of stacking up galacticos points to the opposite.

Tactical headaches were never a concern of his. Either the coach will have to find a way to cram all these players in a single formation or certain players will have to accept a reduced rule. You're talking about the team that fielded a double pivot of Beckham-Guti at some point Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:12 pm

Because they both aspire to be leaders/biggest stars of their respective teams IMO and for the same reason Ronaldo and Messi were never at the same team

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:20 pm

Getting both Haaland and Mbappe would be ridiculously challenging (almost unrealistic imo) but I cannot see Haaland saying I don't wanna join Madrid because Mbappe is there or vice versa.

As for Mbappe's supposed position, I'm positive the young man is professional enough to play in the position his manager would want him to play.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:52 pm

No Doc.  He's going to demand (in fact he's made it a requirement for any contending team for his signing) that he play left or centrally.  He's being a pro by making the conditions of his signing clear.

In fact, like CR, Messi, etc...  there's a clause in elite players' contracts that require the club to play him at a position, only have him train with the first team, days off, etc.   You can only play a player somewhere else if he agrees.

If you are in breach of contract, the player can force an exit.  It's very very common with the top players.

Why do you think Zidane had to convince CR to play more centrally?  He couldn't do it without his consent.  Same with Neymar at PSG... he will only play in the role that his contract specifies unless he consents otherwise.

In real-world terms... if you hire me to be VP of Marketing, you can't make me work an executive assistant.  The offer/contract specifies the actual role.

So don't fantasize about him playing on the right.  He won't.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:04 pm

Well, we'll see. I agree with you btw, if you have someone like Mbappe, you put him in his preferred position (contractually or not).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:10 pm

sportsczy wrote:There's exactly -100% chance Mbappe plays on the right.  He's going to dictate where he will play if he's going to sign... and right is not it.  Central or left.

If he doesn't get the guarantees, he'll just sign somewhere else.  He can go anywhere he wants and everyone will accommodate his demands.

That's like asking Haaland to play on the right to accommodate Benzema as the CF.  Will never happen.  Haaland is a 9.  Not only would Haaland not accept the change, but it would be beyond stupid to move him there.

My personal feeling is that you put Mbappe left and Haaland central... two best players in the world for the next 10 years and you put them in their best positions.  Everyone else either adapts or gets sold.  It's nonsense to do anything else.

Here we go again! This coming from the guy who has been posting for several years now why Madrid will never be able to sign Mbappe. He's also the guy who constantly hypes French players always suggesting that one of them is the right solution for madrid. Only to find out a few years later that most them have their budding careers fizzle out! He's also the guy who dispises every thing about Perez. and he's also the guy that constantly is diminising the youth movement at Madrid, especially the Brazilians.

Meanwhile the Mbappe deal is reportedly done. So much for his "demands". And Flo has been slowly and steadily building a financial war chest to be able to compete with the big boys. He also has been battling both Tebas and Ceferin and is winning the battles on all fronts.

Madrid may or may not manage to get Haaland, but it sure does appear as if they are the favourites to get him.

As far as how the coach (Carlo) will play them, it is ludicrous to suggest that both Vinicius and Benzema will be out or moved to the bench because of these signing. Those two are the backbone of every success the team is currently having.

Maybe most of you are too young to know this, but Madrid had always played with two strikers until Ronaldo, Benzema and Kaka were signed. So it is not a stretch to see both Benzema and Haaland starting together. and with the speed of both Vinicius and Mbappe it minimizes the need for wing backs possibly going with a three man defense. However, there will be undoubtedly be injuries and that will lead to the 3 forward formation. plus Benzema will likely only remain for another year or two. He has had a lot to do with Vinicius progress and did hit it off with Mbappe on French team so it does seem as if he can be a mentoring influence on all three of them.

But at end of day, all four of them are going to have to make some adjustments to enable the four of them to play together.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:12 pm

There's no way Mbappe is playing on the right in a 4-4-2 Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:21 pm

Maybe in a 4-3-3 yeah. Last time I saw France he was playing in the right channel in a 3-4-1-2.

Last time I remember him playing as a RW was the 2018 WC and Emery's last season at PSG. Didn't he complain to Tuchel about playing on the right when he first joined? The Madrid move is obviously designed so he can join a team that will build around him as the main man. It would be funny if he joined and he wasn't allowed to play in his favorite position. Laughing

It's tricky though because Vinicius on the LW and Mbappe on the RW is better for Madrid than the other way around. I don't know if Mbappe will make a fuss about it at Madrid, but it's going to be an interesting story development when he joins.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:31 pm

Maybe Vini can surprise us again next season and turn into a world class RW out of the blue. Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:33 pm

farfan wrote:Maybe Vini can surprise us again next season and turn into a world class RW out of the blue. Laughing

He already is passing AND shooting well with his left foot so why the hell not at this point.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:35 pm

When he joined PSG casci... he was so young.  Very talented and had an incredible first 1.5 years as a pro.  But still a kid.  He knew that Neymar and Cavani were the players on the left and central.  So he actually had no problem playing on the right.  He just wanted to be guaranteed a regular spot, which Madrid didn't offer him because of Bale.

Since he was playing on the right at the club level and Griezmann was actually a top player on the left of as a 10, he did the same with France NT in a 433.

Now, once his status increased post-WC 2018, he started making demands.  It's normal.  He's right footed.  He wants to be a scorer.  He will have exponentially less scoring changes if he's playing on the right given that he's right-footed and doesn't have a great left foot (it's ok).

It's a normal demand for a superstar:  Play me at my best position, play me regularly., etc.  As a superstar, you are allowed to make demands because every club wants you.  So those guarantees will have to made (and they apparently already have) with Madrid before he joins.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:39 pm

Until I see florentino hold up a players jersey at a presentation, I'm not buying into any rumors that we've signed this or that player. I dont wanna put my mind through that rollercoaster. Hypothetically speaking though a 4 4 2 is super unrealistic imo. I dont see carlo sacrificing the strength of a midfield 3 by playing only 2 midfielders. So if we get both someone will have to seat on the bench or leave.

But as I said I'm focusing on this season and going into the next transfer like we wont make any signings. That way I'm not agitated if nothing happens
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:39 pm

As a fyi, with Benzema it doesn't matter so much IMO. Benz literally plays everywhere. That's not the case with Haaland and Vini. Haaland must play as a 9 and Vini cannot play right... So to me, we will never have all 3 players on our team. One will get sacrificed.

That's ok too btw. I think Benzema, as great as he's been, should be sacrificed for Haaland.

Vini, as great as his development looks, is nowhere near the level of Mbappe. So he should be sacrificed too.

If you can get Mbappe and Haaland, you do whatever you need to. End of story. It's not a question,
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:40 pm

Let your crusty old Madrid heart believe for once Tito
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:28 pm

Hmm I dont see Flo making the mistake he did in Galaticos v1 surely. Even any idiot would see too many attacking stars means unbalanced team means poor results n underachievements means unhappy fans, etc Razz

So Mbappe is enough pls... stop dreaming Haaland as well Razz As for Vini being so young, surely he can adapt his game to play RW if Mbappe do insist on playing on the left.. as yrs go on n even after Benzema retires Real will still have two of the best players in the next gen Mbappe/Vini, maybe then can get Haaland to replace Benzema Sad

-------

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/viewtopic.php?t=42839
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40