Glory
Lucifer
Nishankly
CBarca
sportsczy
86 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 38 Empty Re: The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:40 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:If you sign a five year contract, you are at the club for 5 years of your own will, not against it..
titosantill wrote:they signed a contract. if u sign a deal, unless someone can pay what the club wants, u sit your butt down and fulfil your contract. some of these athletes dont even realize that the contract is there to protect them as well.....a club just cant fire u with no pay if u lose form, because the contract is there to help you. if you know you will have plans of leaving then dont sign a long term contract....although once again, the long term deal is there to protect you. its simple business, as much as i'd like mbappe at madrid (as well as haaland, i want both tbh), psg have done absolutely nothing wrong, and they've honestly been fair with their players. you cant eat your cake and have it
You're both looking at it solely from a legal standpoint, which is not entirely accurate and is not the humane thing to do.

Forget Mbappé, you have an employee who wants to leave and you know they want to leave, but you're refusing to let them go just because they are still contractually bound to you? You know that they come every single day to work against their will and are unhappy being there, but you still choose to be totally oblivious to that and force them to run down their contract up to the very last second?

Sorry, I couldn't that.

Think the word "humane" is utterly ridiculous in this context. He's not a slave. He can quit anytime he wants. He can forfeit the contract, move to the beach, sleep all day, pay someone to feed him grapes. He can do that tomorrow. (God knows I would).

What he can't do is just decide he now wants to play professional football for a different club and earn 30 million Euros a year there, when he willingly signed a contract with PSG that required them to pay, what, 160 million Euros to secure his availablilty and the right to register him?

one hundred and sixty million Euros?

and he himself has collected nearly the same in wages already?

GTFO with human or inhumane

It's not comparable with normal work contracts. Normal labour law, I can quit within 4 weeks.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 38 Empty Re: The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by Warrior Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:29 am

This story is barely interesting after all, a storm in a cup of tea and sports journalism at its lowest
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:30 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:you have an employee who wants to leave and you know they want to leave, but you're refusing to let them go just because they are still contractually bound to you? You know that they come every single day to work against their will and are unhappy being there, but you still choose to be totally oblivious to that and force them to run down their contract up to the very last second?

Yes

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:15 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:If you sign a five year contract, you are at the club for 5 years of your own will, not against it..
titosantill wrote:they signed a contract. if u sign a deal, unless someone can pay what the club wants, u sit your butt down and fulfil your contract. some of these athletes dont even realize that the contract is there to protect them as well.....a club just cant fire u with no pay if u lose form, because the contract is there to help you. if you know you will have plans of leaving then dont sign a long term contract....although once again, the long term deal is there to protect you. its simple business, as much as i'd like mbappe at madrid (as well as haaland, i want both tbh), psg have done absolutely nothing wrong, and they've honestly been fair with their players. you cant eat your cake and have it
You're both looking at it solely from a legal standpoint, which is not entirely accurate and is not the humane thing to do.

Forget Mbappé, you have an employee who wants to leave and you know they want to leave, but you're refusing to let them go just because they are still contractually bound to you? You know that they come every single day to work against their will and are unhappy being there, but you still choose to be totally oblivious to that and force them to run down their contract up to the very last second?

Sorry, I couldn't that.

Think the word "humane" is utterly ridiculous in this context. He's not a slave. He can quit anytime he wants. He can forfeit the contract, move to the beach, sleep all day, pay someone to feed him grapes. He can do that tomorrow. (God knows I would).

What he can't do is just decide he now wants to play professional football for a different club and earn 30 million Euros a year there, when he willingly signed a contract with PSG that required them to pay, what, 160 million Euros to secure his availablilty and the right to register him?

It's not comparable with normal work contracts. Normal labour law, I can quit within 4 weeks.

Then how come nobody bats an eyelid when club chooses to sell players before their contract is up when it favors them? And now mbappe should be held against his will?
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:30 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Sorry, I couldn't that.

This is a sport. yeah there is a contract but you as a club have to be reasonable.

player signs a 5 year contract. it's the last year. he wants to leave and there is a very good offer. you have to take it.

that aside, if a player is not happy he is not going to perform. so it is a lose lose scenario.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:57 pm

Bankz wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Sorry, I couldn't that.

Then how come nobody bats an eyelid when club chooses to sell players before their contract is up when it favors them? And now mbappe should be held against his will?

No club can sell a player against their will
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:58 pm

Mamad wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Sorry, I couldn't that.

This is a sport. yeah there is a contract but you as a club have to be reasonable.

player signs a 5 year contract. it's the last year. he wants to leave and there is a very good offer. you have to take it.

that aside, if a player is not happy he is not going to perform. so it is a lose lose scenario.

that is all true. Still, just pointing out that the notion of being "held against his will" is relative and the situation certainly doesn't warrant the label inhumane
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:56 pm

a contract is a contract, no matter how one wants to slice it, whether in sports or life. there is no separate definition in sports, and sports have been flexible to allow negotiations which dont happen in the real world. whether those negotiations are successful or not is different

people say "its a very good offer so you have to take it". u cant dictate what offer is or isnt good for them. a 'good offer' is relative, and they know the risk they're taking in losing him on a free. not to mention they never said nor implied that he wont play unless he signs, which is kinda what lvg did with de gea
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:24 pm

as far as players, even clubs negotiate exits for players its not something thats commonly talked about but it happens. and itsvery rare u hear a club sack a player under contract even when players do dumb stuff. its all negotiations and you cant force me to accept a deal that i dont like, when ure under contract.....there's a reason these deals are not 'verbal' contracts. theyre written n signed for a purpose. mbappe wait out a year (i dont think he's complaining)
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:02 pm

Bankz wrote:
sportsczy wrote:That's not what he said at all.

Here's the interview:  https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/ligue-1/evenement-rmc-j-ai-dit-fin-juillet-que-je-voulais-partir-kylian-mbappe-se-livre-sur-son-transfert-avorte_AV-202110040205.html

Quote: "I asked to leave because, from the moment I didn't want to extend, I wanted the club to get a large transfer fee so that they can buy a quality replacement.  It's a club that has brought me a lot.  I've always been happy during the four years that I've spent here, and I am still happy. I announced it early enough for the club to handle things. I wanted everyone to go out the better for it, moving forward hand in hand, striking a good deal for everyone, and I wanted to show respect. I told them also that, if you don't want me to leave, I'll stay."

He did say, however, that it's absolutely false that he rejected seven extension offers.  He's always made his position clear and very early.  He didn't appreciate that people said that a deal was attempted in late August.  He had told PSG much earlier than that... he's protecting Real Madrid here as a FYI.  Making sure people understand that the Real Madrid offer wasn't a last second effort.

The point of the interview was the make a few points clear:
1-  He loves and respects PSG and continues to do so.  Will always be grateful.
2-  But he doesn't want to extend as he's looking for a new challenge.
3-  He told PSG early in the summer so that they could get a good transfer fee for him and have enough time to get a replacement if they so chose.
4-  PSG choosing to keep him was their choice and he perfectly respects it.  He has a contract.  He's also happy at PSG despite not extending.
5-  Nothing happened at the last minute.  Everything was made clear early in the summer (right after the Euro).

Thought you said he never asked to leave?

Mistranslation from me. He asked to leave because he felt it was the best time for him and club... he's very brand and PR oriented. But PSG didn't want him to go. It's one of those "I'd prefer to leave now for various reasons; but I have a contract so it's up to you" type of thing. There was never a clash or a hard demand... just a preference.

But he did think it was going to happen and, when it didn't, it did shock him a bit. That's true.

Last edited by sportsczy on Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:23 pm

"I asked to leave," he said. "From the moment that I did not want to extend, I wanted PSG to get a transfer fee so that they could find a quality replacement. PSG is a club that has given me a lot. I have always been happy over the years that I have spent here, and I still am happy."

"I announced it early enough for the club to react," he added. "I wanted for everyone to come out of this strongly, to work hand in hand, to find a good deal and I respected that. I said that if you do not want me to go, then I will stay."

"People say that I turned down six or seven extension offers and that I did not want to speak with Leonardo anymore," said the former AS Monaco man. That is totally untrue. I was told: 'Kylian, now you speak with the president.'

"It is not for me to judge but my position was clear," added Mbappe when asked by former PSG player Jerome Rothen if it was because Leonardo was judged incapable of striking a deal. "I said that I wanted to leave, and I said it early enough.

"Personally, I do not really appreciate it being said that 'left it until the last week of August' as that sounds thief-like. I said at the end of July that I wanted to leave."

"No, clashing would have been ungrateful towards a club that has given me so much over four years," he said. "I always want to play and show that I am a top player, that not even a failed transfer can affect me and that I can make a difference until the end. I do not make decisions on impulse. I had made my decisions after thinking long and hard about it. At the time, I was disappointed. However, I quickly moved on. Unfortunately, I got injured during the internationals and returned. I had the time to mourn while there were no games."

"I view the booing differently," he said. "I told myself that I would have done the same in their position. I took it as a sign of affection. They did not want me to leave which means that I am more important. When your president tells the entire world that you are not leaving and not going for free, I will not lie that was a bit worried at the time. I asked myself what will happen if I do not go on a free. After that, you tell yourself that it is their way of showing their attachment. It means that the club likes me and will not let me go."

"I thought that my adventure was over with PSG," he told L'Equipe. "I wanted to discover something new. I had been in the french league six or seven years and given what we tried, I think I have done it well. Everyone is free to draw their own conclusions, but that was mine. Leaving was the next logical step. I am attached to Paris and if I had left, it would have only been to go to Real. I stayed and I am happy. At no point will you hear me saying 'you did not let me leave, so I will take it easy.' With regards to my contract, we have not discussed a renewal for a month and a half, two months -- since I said I wanted to go."

"I have been in football long enough to know that yesterday's truth is not necessarily today's or tomorrow's," he said. "If I was told that Messi would join PSG, I would not have believed it. You never know what will happen. Most of all, I had to explain myself. I had to end the silence as I said I would. I owed it to the fans. Now that summer is over, I had to clarify some things. This time seems right.

"I want to get rid of this label that I am the sort of guy who controls his career with a plan. Every play at any level has aspirations. I do not like the label of a guy who follows a strict plan. No career is that straightforward. We are far from me staying seeing as I wanted to leave over the summer. I will not be hypocritical and send out a plea. My ambitions were clear this summer. Right now, my future is not my priority. I have already wasted a lot of energy this summer and it is draining."

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:31 pm

thanks for the translation, @sportsczy ! Thumbs up
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:13 pm

I just listened to the entire 45 min interview.

Rothen asked him:  "So as of today, you're leaving next summer for sure."

Mbappe:  "You know, one of the things I've learned is that today's truth is not necessarily the same tomorrow.  Honestly, did you ever dream that Messi would come to PSG?  There you have it."

Interviewer (other guy):  "What of the story that you asked PSG to buy a team worthy of you staying?"

Mbappe:  "Do you really think that me, a player of 22 years old, is going to tell Nasser, who is a very important person in football, something like that?  Are you joking?"

Mbappe:  "And by the way, I don't hold anything against Nasser's words over the summer.  I like him a lot.  He says everything out of a passion for football and PSG.  Knowing his intent, I absolutely have no problem."
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:47 pm

On Messi:

"We have a lot of preconceptions. But the guy is super calm. He is a football genius. There is no overrated reputation. On the first day, he had no rhythm, he was coming back from Copa America, but you see the guy's talent. It's crazy. I have a message from the heart: I would really like us to enjoy it. Paris Saint-Germain brought back a lot of great players, but no one thought he would leave Barcelona. There is of course this quest for the Champions League. Only God knows that we will do everything. But it would be saddening to me, if we didn't win it, to say: "Messi, he came, he didn't win the Champions League". He came to make people dream. When he scored (against Manchester City), the stadium went crazy. That's also why we buy players like that."

Last edited by sportsczy on Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:50 pm

On him sacrificing his game for Neymar and Messi:

"Honestly, it's very easy to player with great players. Playing with Messi is easy. He is THE left-footer, THE player. He always makes the right decisions. If the game calls for dribbling the whole team and scoring, he will dribble the whole team and score. If the game calls for one-touch play, he will play in one touch. It is really his respect for the game that makes what him what he is: one of the greatest in history, if not the greatest."
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:39 pm

Sounds pretty mature guy just according to those quotes, although words n actions can be different Razz Like the part about Messi n that they should win the CL.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:49 pm

Trust sports to twist/translate this as much as possible to paint mbappe in a good light Very Happy
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:22 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Marca has published a snippet of his interview with Rothen for RMC Sport which will be published in full tomorrow.

Man, it's truly fucked up the way PSG treats its players and keeps them against their will.

PSG are an insecure beta club with beta personalities like Leonardo and El Khelaifi. Seems they're unable to digest the massive L they're just about to take.

They're just too salty that despite spending their billions, their most valuable asset is leaving their trash oil team to a bigger club.

Mbappe might be an arrogant little shit but kudos to see him take a dump on them and leave them without any transfer fee.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:11 pm

This guy is single handedly carrying a team with walkessi and glassmar. Imagine thinking vini is better Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:23 pm

Vini+Mbappe next season. Perez going for the knockout blow
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:30 pm

So Real will actually have freakin Vini/Benzema/Mbappe attacking trio, fuk me XD BMV or MVB or VBM or what nickname?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:32 pm

PSG is finished without him. He’s the only one who runs off the ball. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:35 pm

Dunno why I hadnt realised it until now, maybe was still hoping Mbappe not move to Real, but the thought of a now much improved Vini on one wing, n Mbappe on the other, with Benzema is pretty frigthening thought ;( Would definitely dominate the league for yrs to come if not guaranteed that already.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:37 pm

he's the slightly rich mans Martial lol, dont sweat it

guy performing against Brugge, big deal

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:07 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Dunno why I hadnt realised it until now, maybe was still hoping Mbappe not move to Real, but the thought of a now much improved Vini on one wing, n Mbappe on the other, with Benzema is pretty frigthening thought ;( Would definitely dominate the league for yrs to come if not guaranteed that already.

Benzema will likely only be around another year or two. When he does go, Mbappe will likely move to the central position. I’m betting that Rodrygo follows Vinicius path re development and will eventually take over the RW spot. He had just as much flair if not more as Vinicius in Brasil. He is progressing well now but still at least a year before he can breakout. His issue next season will be getting game minutes. Objective for rest of this season is securing starter role (over Asensio, Bale and Hazard) and demonstrating he can be a solid 4th forward off the bench for next year.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:43 pm

Kylian Mbappe has agreed a deal to join Real Madrid as a free agent in summer, report Bild.

They present an exclusive and say he'll earn €50m a year.

doubt

though surely he is going to Real

I honestly feel like I'm living in bizarro world though when it comes to Mbappe, hyped like he's the second coming of prime Ronaldo whenever I've seen him he's been meh, doesnt even tear up that farm league ffs

not a top 5 player in the world and never will be, French Rashford
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next