Myesyats
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
31 posters

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:37 pm

CBarca wrote:How does one go about burglaring a house by yourself. I understand there is this Pedro lad (not there yet, I've been introduced to a Fence for the first time, that's how far I am) and I'd do that but also want to do by myself.

Feel like I should probably get a bit farther in the story rn. But also want to do some prime exploring. Haven't been back up to the grizzlies since leaving and might have to go on a hunting expedition.

Choices. Too many choices imo

I don't think his actual name is Pedro lol. I just don't remember what it is. Rodríguez? Ah, doesn't matter. You can find him in the camp, but his burglarly quests don't become available immediately. I think you have to advance the story a bit first.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:39 pm

Firenze wrote:some genuinely creepy things in this game, was exploring stumbled across quite a few wtf moments.

also stumbled across an isolated house that I robbed, wasnt an actual mission but it had legit depth to it and I felt like a complete scumbag, but were some valuables around. wish I handled it differently though.

I really need to start making story progress though. Legit spend hours exploring and hunting.

One of those creepy, deserted, cult houses has a valuable item lying somewhere around a desk. I don't remember what the item was, but I remember thinking "damn, didn't think I'd find this here" Razz I forget a lot of things nowadays. Gettin' old tongue
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:42 pm

Thimmy wrote:
CBarca wrote:How does one go about burglaring a house by yourself. I understand there is this Pedro lad (not there yet, I've been introduced to a Fence for the first time, that's how far I am) and I'd do that but also want to do by myself.

Feel like I should probably get a bit farther in the story rn. But also want to do some prime exploring. Haven't been back up to the grizzlies since leaving and might have to go on a hunting expedition.

I don't think his actual name is Pedro lol. I just don't remember what it is. Rodríguez? Ah, doesn't matter. You can find him in the camp, but his burglarly quests don't become available immediately. I think you have to advance the story a bit first.

You talking about Javier Escuella lol?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

You talking about Javier Escuella lol?

Yes, Pablo Escudero.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:57 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
McLewis wrote:Pumped just under 36 hours into this game over my weekend and have the story about 50% done.

The best word I can think of to describe this game is immersive. I can practically smell the swamps, the mud, the saloons, and of course the people in this game, I can hear and see the buzzing around of insects, and it all just sucks me right in. The really mundane stuff like brushing my horse, feeding it, shaving my beard, cleaning my guns by a campfire, making coffee in the morning after camping out in the wild, eating the stew in the big camp, hell even fishing....it's all incredibly immersive in ways other games simply aren't. This game is on a completely different level and it's nuts that I still have roughly 30 more hours to look forward to.

I played literally until I couldn't keep my eyes open and kept dying from random attacks on the road while in cinematic mode after dozing off Laughing

You're further than me Laughing Says how much time I've spent doing random shit. Which also says how good exploring is.

Yeah I've been mostly sticking to the main mission, major side missions and the stranger missions. I haven't done much exploring or hunting though I like to fish quite a bit. I have achieved max Honor though by helping out people and haven't gotten my horse stolen yet. The only hunting I tend to do is when I set up a camp when going to waypoints on the opposite end of the map, trying to simulate what a normal gunslinger of that time would probably do.

You're in for a hell of a story though. It's been superb so far.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:03 pm

To be clear I'm not massively far behind, like 45% iirc but I've spent probably even more time just exploring and I've probably played over 40 hours.

Agree from what I've played mind, love the story and the characters so far.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:18 pm

lol I‘m on 25% and still not rushing, probably done most of the stranger/random encounters though.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:19 pm

Personally waiting for Freeza to get it so he doesn't feel alone.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:19 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:lol I‘m on 25% and still not rushing, probably done most of the stranger/random encounters though.

Do I have you on ps4?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:22 pm

Personally waiting for Mole to encounter a random stranger in a park Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:30 pm

RealGunner wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:lol I‘m on 25% and still not rushing, probably done most of the stranger/random encounters though.

Do I have you on ps4?

Don‘t own a ps4, but I play at my brothers sometimes (more often than he does tbh, GoW 4 and Detroit: Become Human were godly games).

Xbox GT if anyone cares: ni2tre. I‘m mostly playing story based games but you can find me playing GTA Online (yes, still) and Rocket League.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:31 pm

Xbox Laughing

50cent.gif

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:36 pm

To be fair it was a gift!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:46 pm

I've completely adjusted to the controls now and find no issues with it, even enjoy the weight to movement. It was def blown out of proportion.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:52 pm

wish the upgrades to camp were a bit more elaborate btw, spending ages hunting animals etc and yeah its realistic but u barely notice the additions. yet im compelled to get them all.

also regarding something really *bleep* creepy..., I'll spoiler tag it but it's during chapter 3's area. stumbled upon it randomly, I guess it's something you can find whenever

Spoiler:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:57 pm

Firenze wrote:I've completely adjusted to the controls now and find no issues with it, even enjoy the weight to movement. It was def blown out of proportion.

It was never about adjusting to it for me, it just isn't as smooth and responsive as I wish it would be. The aim controls are more of an issue, in my opinion. I actually rely a lot on the aim assist in this game. Can't aim for shit without it, due to how clunky aiming feels. One of these days, I'll have to fine tune the aim settings. It's bothersome, though Razz

Been trying to rob a certain store, but these sheriffs eventually recognize me even if I'm entirely covered in nothing but mud from a foreign country.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:21 am

Story is getting insanely good. :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:53 am

Came into some money via the story. Spent thousands insanely fast lol. Spent like 1K customizing my guns, underestimated the visual appeal. Look like a boss now.

Racking my brains over a sidequest thing. Have a fully developed map I put together from various parts of it and I swear I recognise the area it's trying to show me on the map I just can't recall where ffs. Don't wanna look it up online.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:36 am

I am still in Chapter 2 Laughing Been unfogging the map, got $1000 from doing a treasure hunt, doing bounty hunts, doing Stranger missions and killed the Legendary Wolf and Bear. @Kaladin I did not need any bait to kill them, in fact I didn't even know there is such a thing as legendary bait. The animals were surprisingly easy to kill, the bear got ROLFstomped by a shotgun and the wolf I kiled with bow and arrow. The wolf is huge though, looks like Grey Wind from GOT Laughing

Need some recommendation for some good horses.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:40 am

Firenze wrote:Came into some money via the story. Spent thousands insanely fast lol. Spent like 1K customizing my guns, underestimated the visual appeal. Look like a boss now.

This was me yesterday. Spent like 1.5K on buying up every gun in the catalogue and then customizing the best ones of the bunch. Volcanic pistol a straight up beast. Paired it up with my sawed off shotgun. Both take chunks out of people's faces. The shotty takes whole heads off Proud
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:31 am

Has anyone been to RDR1 territory yet? I'm so curious to see it but I wanna wait till game gets me there naturally, as I think that will be a special moment
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:57 am

I went to Great Plains in West Elizabeth and had a huge smile on my face the whole time. Did not dare enter Blackwater because the map area red and I'm wanted dead or alive because of what happened when the story began.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:24 pm

M99 wrote:I am still in Chapter 2 Laughing Been unfogging the map, got $1000 from doing a treasure hunt, doing bounty hunts, doing Stranger missions and killed the Legendary Wolf and Bear. @Kaladin I did not need any bait to kill them, in fact I didn't even know there is such a thing as legendary bait. The animals were surprisingly easy to kill, the bear got ROLFstomped by a shotgun and the wolf I kiled with bow and arrow. The wolf is huge though, looks like Grey Wind from GOT Laughing

Need some recommendation for some good horses.

There's a white Arabian in the mountains about as far North West as you can go. It's basically left of the A on Amborino on your map.

Has unreal handling, one off max speed and two off max acceleration.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:42 pm

I'm around 23-24 hours into the game and I don't want to sound like this game is the worst game in the world because it is not by any means. I am enjoying it overall so far and looking forward to the upcoming 40 hours it has to offer. My perceivably negative reaction is to all the hype around this game and some issues that are put a blind eye on by the reviewers and people on this forum alike and the 10/10 scores that seem to be dished out like smarties on a Halloween night.

People have talked in lengths about the controls and shooting mechanism so I will just get that out of the way by saying it is signature Rockstar. Most parts of the game engine have not been improved from previous Rockstar games (and they weren't good to begin with). I suggest playing RDR 2 back to back against Assassin's Creed or Horizon Zero Dawn or God of War and feel how much more free and effortless the latter play. But I would say even compared to GTA V and the original RDR, RDR2 is a step down in gameplay mechanism. This could and will hinder online play if not addressed correctly and considering there is a lot of money in there for them in online, I think they will improve this aspect of the game with patches. We shall see.

While I'm still talking about old-fashioned Rockstar, I must say having to watch a cutscene over and over again (and there are many of them) because I died in a mission and the outdated checkpoint system doesn't realise that is extremely frustrating. People went berserk on NBA 2K18 for the exact same reason but it seems this is put a blind eye on with RDR2.

Next big point is realism which I had question marks over before launch and I can say now that my concerns were valid. It is just too much and doesn't add any depth or fun to the game. I can imagine for the nolifer who has nothing to do in life it will be okay to watch a character loot and skin as well as doing chores people do IRL multiple times, but for someone like me who has a job and is in a relationship (sorry Hans) as well as other hobbies, when I game I want it to be fun and engaging, not all of that repetitive stuff. Playing Horse Simulator 2018 for 15 minutes and back for a fetch that is going to take 1 minute to complete, cooking, shaving beard, etc. (and do it 15 more times) isn't fun either. I do most of that IRL, I don't want a The Sims minigame when I could be out doing more interesting things in the RDR2 world. Oh and why can't I sprint in the camp? It actually makes more sense to mount your horse, go outside of camp, ride at full speed to the other side of the camp than just walking across it. So much for realism...

To expand on the Horse Simulator 2018 comment, the horse controls seem to have taken a downgrade from the original RDR. It has been a long while since I played the prequel (or sequel?) but I seem to remember horses being able to more or less follow the path by themselves. In RDR2 if you turn to shoot pursuers, you risk for your mount running face first into a tree. For a game that seems to have a love affair with realism, when it is convenient of course (e.g. taking 20 bullets in a gun fight is just a flesh wound), I find a horse running head long into a tree just because you didn't tell it not to a little hard to swallow.

The open world is grand and beautiful with signature Rockstar gems found in between but I still maintain I preferred the freedom that Zelda: BotW offered without being too Minecraft-y and too much of a directionless sandbox. You could just do more and in different ways in Zelda.

Last but not least, although I am not a huge fan of Witcher 3 it was difficult not to fall in love with its writing and characters. RDR2's characters are well-written and the story is interesting, but it still doesn't come close to the bond I felt with the ones in Witcher, Mafia (1&2), Mass Effect (1&2), Uncharted, AC (Ezio) or the original RDR. I can't put my finger on what it is, but it is there for me.

Again, there are a hundred and one things RDR2 does right, and occasionally better than anything else. But people have talked in lengths about those so I decided to concentrate on the negatives in my post.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:29 pm

I agree with all of your points, regarding mechanics that are flawed or not completely ideal. I still think it's a great game, though, and I rated it 9/10 on Metacritic. Personally, I think negative observations in games tend to be far less obvious than the positive ones, and makes for more interesting reading than repetitive praise, but that doesn't seem to be how people roll on here Razz

Care to explain why you weren't "a huge fan" of The Witcher 3? The game has flaws like all other games, but even if I nitpick, there's very little I can criticise that game for. It set the standard sky high, for other games to follow, and I can scarcely think of any other games I would rate 10/10.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:05 pm

I think 9/10 is what I would give it too. It looks gorgeous, the story is memorable, characters are impressive, there are tonnes of interesting things to do in the world and the soundtrack/sound design is on par with RDR as my GOAT. But to get a 10 I think not only you need to do everything right, but you also need to have something new to bring in a game unlike its predecessors, much like Zelda, MSG or Uncharted did.

I think my reasons for not regarding Witcher 3 so highly are personal preference however I still appreciate the many things that it did right. Perhaps I just didn't fall in love with the setting itself. You know, like a girl who you know is beautiful but just doesn't do it for you Razz
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next