Myesyats
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
31 posters

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Thimmy Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:48 pm

I wish the soundtrack had a few songs that dared to be more than ordinary. I'm sure a lot of you don't care as much as I do, though Razz  

That said, I understand that it's hard to find a balance between picking songs that leave an impression, yet doesn't distract or seem overpowering over the actual game. A few of the songs in Nier: Automata, for instance, were so bombastic and over the top, that I almost lost focus of what I was doing. A song like this would create a similar effect, with it's bombastic and upbeat "climax" towards the end of it. That's just too much for a game like this.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:25 pm

Yeah just got to Saint Denis while naturally exploring. Can't wait to waste a few hours there.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:27 pm

I've been actively trying to ignore Saint Denis, like Firenze I like to let the story take me to locations naturally. Did the same thing with Rhodes.

Although I did see it off in the distance while exploring the swamp areas, took every ounce of self control I had not to go there. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:41 pm

Was informed by my gf that she will be gone this weekend, so I'll be playing all day every day pretty much next weekend. Need it to get close to caught up to you guys imo.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:59 pm

Enjoying the hell out of this game, especially now that I got the hang of it all (or I think I do).

Makes waiting for Feierabend even harder than it usually is!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:05 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I've been actively trying to ignore Saint Denis, like Firenze I like to let the story take me to locations naturally. Did the same thing with Rhodes.

Although I did see it off in the distance while exploring the swamp areas, took every ounce of self control I had not to go there. Laughing

I'm there now, it's very impressive and not at all what I expected tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:42 pm

Rockstar Games®️ is proud to announce that the critically acclaimed Red Dead Redemption 2 has achieved the single-biggest opening weekend in the history of entertainment*. With over $725 million in worldwide retail sell-through during its first three days, Red Dead Redemption 2 is the second-highest grossing entertainment launch of all time next to Rockstar Games' previously released title, Grand Theft Auto V, which achieved over $1 billion in retail sell-through in three days.* (launched on a Tuesday)

whew
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:03 pm

GTA V 's marketing team was insane, literally GTA ads EVERYWHERE
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:56 pm

PC gamers pls respond

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:44 pm

RealGunner wrote:PC gamers pls respond

'tis happenin'

https://rockstarintel.com/red-dead-redemption-2-companion-app-files-hint-to-pc-version/
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:27 am

This is easily Rockstar's best game ever and I'm not that far into it.

The camp vibe and interaction is glue that holds it all together for me. Really makes the game and characters feel alive. Coming back at night after a day doing missions etc, seeing them around the campfire and what not. Proud
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:09 pm

CBarca wrote:Was informed by my gf that she will be gone this weekend, so I'll be playing all day every day pretty much next weekend. Need it to get close to caught up to you guys imo.

Lmao same, I'm probably gonna log 20 hours total on Friday and Saturday.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:09 pm

The game forced me to shave my majestic full length beard, I'm not sure how I can go on tbh.

Think it's time to retreat into the mountains and live with the Bears, no man, woman or child will live to see clean shaven Arthur Morgan if it's the last thing I do.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:40 pm

I hate hunting. Spent far far far too much of my time doing it. And also, it's dumb, I spend forever in an area marked on the map, for, say, wild boar. And all that I see is *bleep* deer. Even using the hunting items.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:23 pm

Love hunting tbh, also the animals on your map (normal ones at least) just says where you've found one before.

Doesn't mean they'll be in that exact spot next time, they don't just stand still and wait for you 24 hrs a day lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:33 pm

The legendary hunting map is terrible, i can't pinpoint where the animal is exactly, also where do you get the legendary bait? I cant craft it from the cookfire because it doesn't show up as an option, also i have yet to find a trapper and im far in the story where i'm gonna leave the first area.

Also money is so goddamn hard to come by, saved a stranger on the road by healing his leg, found him on Valentine near the gunsmith shop and he told me i can go inside and purchase any gun for free on him, was ectatic
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:38 pm

Robbing houses with the latino guy is one of the better ways of collecting money, and it doesn’t take much effort. You can find trappers in Saint Denis, and most of the mid-large size towns.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:01 pm

Can you rob houses on your own?

Been wanting to ask, is there a quiet way to break into houses and also is there a loud way to do that as well. Tried to break into a house the other day, even shot the dog with an arrow cuz I figured he'd bark and wake everyone up. Turns out I had no clue how to get through a locked door. Feel bad about killing the dog now. Left it on the front porch as a gift
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:05 pm

The only time I tried to rob a house on my own, the house owner + a pack of dogs all jumped me at the same time. As if, that wasn’t enough, bounty hunters suddenly stormed out of a nearby forest and made my life miserable Laughing Also, otherwise locked doors get unlocked when you go with Pedro.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:48 pm

Kaladin wrote:The legendary hunting map is terrible, i can't pinpoint where the animal is exactly, also where do you get the legendary bait? I cant craft it from the cookfire because it doesn't show up as an option, also i have yet to find a trapper and im far in the story where i'm gonna leave the first area.

Also money is so goddamn hard to come by, saved a stranger on the road by healing his leg, found him on Valentine near the gunsmith shop and he told me i can go inside and purchase any gun for free on him, was ectatic

I mean it's supposed to be, it's just supposed to give you a general area not the exact spot.

I have 8 of them and haven't really had an issue and yes CB you can rob houses by yourself.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:16 pm

Pumped just under 36 hours into this game over my weekend and have the story about 50% done.

The best word I can think of to describe this game is immersive. I can practically smell the swamps, the mud, the saloons, and of course the people in this game, I can hear and see the buzzing around of insects, and it all just sucks me right in. The really mundane stuff like brushing my horse, feeding it, shaving my beard, cleaning my guns by a campfire, making coffee in the morning after camping out in the wild, eating the stew in the big camp, hell even fishing....it's all incredibly immersive in ways other games simply aren't. This game is on a completely different level and it's nuts that I still have roughly 30 more hours to look forward to.

I played literally until I couldn't keep my eyes open and kept dying from random attacks on the road while in cinematic mode after dozing off Laughing
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:24 pm

How does one go about burglaring a house by yourself. I understand there is this Pedro lad (not there yet, I've been introduced to a Fence for the first time, that's how far I am) and I'd do that but also want to do by myself.

Feel like I should probably get a bit farther in the story rn. But also want to do some prime exploring. Haven't been back up to the grizzlies since leaving and might have to go on a hunting expedition.

Choices. Too many choices imo
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:33 pm

McLewis wrote:Pumped just under 36 hours into this game over my weekend and have the story about 50% done.

The best word I can think of to describe this game is immersive. I can practically smell the swamps, the mud, the saloons, and of course the people in this game, I can hear and see the buzzing around of insects, and it all just sucks me right in. The really mundane stuff like brushing my horse, feeding it, shaving my beard, cleaning my guns by a campfire, making coffee in the morning after camping out in the wild, eating the stew in the big camp, hell even fishing....it's all incredibly immersive in ways other games simply aren't. This game is on a completely different level and it's nuts that I still have roughly 30 more hours to look forward to.

I played literally until I couldn't keep my eyes open and kept dying from random attacks on the road while in cinematic mode after dozing off Laughing

You're further than me Laughing Says how much time I've spent doing random shit. Which also says how good exploring is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:34 pm

some genuinely creepy things in this game, was exploring stumbled across quite a few wtf moments.

also stumbled across an isolated house that I robbed, wasnt an actual mission but it had legit depth to it and I felt like a complete scumbag, but were some valuables around. wish I handled it differently though.

I really need to start making story progress though. Legit spend hours exploring and hunting.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:35 pm

CBarca wrote:How does one go about burglaring a house by yourself. I understand there is this Pedro lad (not there yet, I've been introduced to a Fence for the first time, that's how far I am) and I'd do that but also want to do by myself.

Feel like I should probably get a bit farther in the story rn. But also want to do some prime exploring. Haven't been back up to the grizzlies since leaving and might have to go on a hunting expedition.

It doesn't just happen, you'll be given tips for house burglaries by either camp members or random NPCs.

I've only done 3 or 4 myself.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:37 pm

CBarca wrote:How does one go about burglaring a house by yourself. I understand there is this Pedro lad (not there yet, I've been introduced to a Fence for the first time, that's how far I am) and I'd do that but also want to do by myself.

I don't think his actual name is Pedro lol. I just don't remember what it is. Rodríguez? Ah, doesn't matter. You can find him in the camp, but his burglarly quests don't become available immediately. I think you have to advance the story a bit first.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next