M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
31 posters

Page 7 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 02, 2018 4:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaW0tYpxyp0&feature=youtu.be

Turn of the century hmm I wonder if we'll play through the Blackwater Massacre.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 02, 2018 4:13 pm

Either i'm looking way too into it or this is Marston

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 7 DcM07WAXUAA1zSw

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 7 DcM09kzXkAAVPMO
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 02, 2018 4:37 pm

Apparently they'll be previews by press tomorrow as they've been shown gameplay.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 02, 2018 7:18 pm

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 7 1e6agd1f9hv01
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 02, 2018 8:00 pm

Watched the trailer again and I'm thinking the girl that says " he won't change, I know that " is Abigail? Really looks like her.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 02, 2018 8:26 pm

That's absolutely Marston, no doubt about it

I think we all knew he'd be in the game, but regardless :bow: :bow: :bow:

Gonna watch it again. I love it
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 02, 2018 8:27 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Watched the trailer again and I'm thinking the girl that says " he won't change, I know that " is Abigail? Really looks like her.

Yeah its abigail.

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 02, 2018 8:29 pm

Definitely Abigail too, you're right Mole

:bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 02, 2018 8:31 pm

So if this is 1899 then wouldnt John and Abigail have already had Jack and their daughter? They had two kids when they left Dutch's gang.

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 02, 2018 8:41 pm

So 1899...I like it, I was hoping for a little bit earlier in time, but it's a really good place to pick up story wise as far as the John Marston arc

Though I think if they continue the Red Dead series they'll have to give up the Redemption arc and start with something else. Would be awkward to make a prequel to the prequel and unless they go somewhere between RDR and RDR2, which would also be a bit odd imo, they've run out of gas on the wild west time frame.

I imagine that if they continue it will be a new story and they'll set it a little earlier, maybe the 1870s or 1880s. Personally I was kind of hoping a little bit early since RDR had nailed the "death of the west", but this time frame just fits too well with RDR1, I'm not upset about it
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 02, 2018 8:46 pm

CBarca wrote:So 1899...I like it, I was hoping for a little bit earlier in time, but it's a really good place to pick up story wise as far as the John Marston arc

Though I think if they continue the Red Dead series they'll have to give up the Redemption arc and start with something else. Would be awkward to make a prequel to the prequel and unless they go somewhere between RDR and RDR2, which would also be a bit odd imo, they've run out of gas on the wild west time frame.

I imagine that if they continue it will be a new story and they'll set it a little earlier, maybe the 1870s or 1880s. Personally I was kind of hoping a little bit early since RDR had nailed the "death of the west", but this time frame just fits too well with RDR1, I'm not upset about it

They would have to go much earlier if they ever did another.

its crazy to think 20-ish years after the end of RDR1 in the same area is this:
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 7 Header

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 02, 2018 8:50 pm

Agreed.

Here is the description: " The end of the wild west era has begun as lawmen hunt down the last remaining outlaw gangs. Those who will not surrender or succumb are killed.

After a robbery goes badly wrong in the western town of Blackwater, Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang are forced to flee. With federal agents and the best bounty hunters in the nation massing on their heels, the gang must rob, steal and fight their way across the rugged heartland of America in order to survive. As deepening internal divisions threaten to tear the gang apart, Arthur must make a choice between his own ideals and loyalty to the gang who raised him."

I like it. Definitely a lot of potential in that story. Can't wait :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 02, 2018 8:57 pm

CBarca wrote:Agreed.

Here is the description: " The end of the wild west era has begun as lawmen hunt down the last remaining outlaw gangs. Those who will not surrender or succumb are killed.

After a robbery goes badly wrong in the western town of Blackwater, Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang are forced to flee. With federal agents and the best bounty hunters in the nation massing on their heels, the gang must rob, steal and fight their way across the rugged heartland of America in order to survive. As deepening internal divisions threaten to tear the gang apart, Arthur must make a choice between his own ideals and loyalty to the gang who raised him."

I like it. Definitely a lot of potential in that story. Can't wait :bow:

Blackwater Massacre confirmed, possibly at the beginning of the game.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 02, 2018 9:07 pm

Isn't a lot of the history behind Blackwater Massacre from the game basically told by Landon Ricketts?

Would be great to see him have a cameo at the very least, they have to be careful though as John said in the first game they never met before.

Maybe John is split up from Morgan, Dutch and everyone else during the Massacre.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed May 02, 2018 11:10 pm

Absolutely floored.

Glad R* is ditching their attempts at camp which simply is not needed in RDR2 given its far more rich in cinematic and historical depth than GTA series.

RDR remains a game which aged profusely well and whilst I'm not a fan of Prequels due to their lack of continuity, and the fact that this is near the same time period; late 1800 to early 1900 was a far more Raw and overlooked behemoth of a time in laying the foundations for the West along with United States.

If that is Marston then it will break R* tradition of separating protagonists from their other sequels but not using Marston whom happened to be by far the greatest R* character and that by a mile, would be a travesty and can be further enriched with R* now more confident hand in direction and story telling.

Reminded me a lot of the themes and feel of the highly underrated Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, which I encourage anyone to watch to get a feel of the time period this will take place in.

Best trailer so far and the developers keeping their cards close is intelligent.

Like God of War, you can tell this will blow minds away as some games and more so developers evolve into something that good and consistent, in not to.

Will be a true sequel to perhaps what was R*'s finest game ever.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 02, 2018 11:26 pm

They kind of had to use him once this direction was the one which was considered.

If you are going to do a story about Dutch gang he has to be included, it's different from Rockstar but I feel like if any game was deserving of such treatment it was the original Red Dead.

With that said I do hope Marston is somewhat secondary to the experience, I feel like fleshing out the story and the characters of Morgan and Dutch and who ever else is what's important here.

Lastly I agree 100% with CB on the synopsis description they gave to set up the story sounds very interesting with lots of potential and I have no doubt they'll pull it off.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed May 02, 2018 11:36 pm

I hope the single player campaign is good and long. That's my only hope. My worst fear is that they'll cripple it cause MP is hundred times more profitable.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 02, 2018 11:49 pm

danyjr wrote:I hope the single player campaign is good and long. That's my only hope. My worst fear is that they'll cripple it cause MP is hundred times more profitable.

I wouldn't worry about that, their MP have been a major part of their games since GTA4 the only difference with GTA 5 is they supported the MP after launch and didn't make DLC for single player.

What I would get concerned about is possible DLC like Undead Nightmare is pushed to the side for multiplayer stuff. But the game itself won't be hurt by the MP imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu May 03, 2018 1:55 am

I think R* is pretty well aware too that there is a difference between GTA V and RDR and the fanbases of both. No doubt R* didn't take note of what everyone loved in RDR -- an amazingly well done story in a beautiful Western world. A long, emotional, and engaging single player was what had many heralding RDR as a modern masterpiece.

R*, despite their weird inability to hit deadlines, is an incredibly well run organization who get it done time and time again. I have the utmost confidence in R* to emphasize the single player campaign and make sure that it does not suffer at the hands of multiplayer, especially with some of the criticism that R* has received from GTA Online (despite how much of a success it has been).

I honestly think that might be one reason for the delay. I think they decided to add more focus onto the single player upon seeing that, if you go anywhere online, many people are concerned about a focus on multiplayer detracting from the single player campaign.

I also don't worry about them focusing too much on Marston, though I agree on that note. Nothing worse than focusing on a different character too much instead of the main character (and your playable character) just to serve the fans. I think Marston will play a big role, but no bigger than Dutch or Arthur. The trailers so far seem to confirm this, anyhow.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 03, 2018 2:47 am

I'm predicting Arthur will be a mentor to John and influence him in a lot of ways. I am 90% sure that in the first trailer Arthur is talking to John.

"When the time comes, you gotta run and don't look back"
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 03, 2018 3:06 am

CB I don't think Rockstar pay attention to stuff like that tbh.

The online stuff is way too overblown imo, GTA 4 and Red Dead 1 had massive online stuff too.

The only differences is they massively supported GTA 5 after launch online wise and therefore ignored single player expansions.

But go back to when GTA 5 came out, online didn't come out until like a week after the fact and it was incredibly threadbare not really something which would hold a game back.

The argument would be GTA online prevented future content for GTA and other games being made and that's fair enough but it didn't really hurt GTA 5 the game itself so I'm not really concerned this will either.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu May 03, 2018 5:11 am

Seems like heists are back in the form of train robberies and bank robberies. Not surprising, something you saw coming after GTA V/Online

I think that's dope, and I'm excited for it. I just hope that it isn't TOO much of a focus in the storyline.

Train robberies :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 03, 2018 3:38 pm

Some IGN preview coverage stuff.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/05/03/worlds-first-look-at-red-dead-redemption-2

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/05/03/red-dead-redemption-2-who-is-arthur-morgan

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/05/03/why-red-dead-redemption-2-is-more-than-just-a-prequel-2
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 03, 2018 9:52 pm

Bunch of info here about loads of specific things from various different outlets...

http://gtaforums.com/topic/908955-rdr2-press-previews-info-drop-3rd-may-2018/

So *bleep* hyped, the only thing i want to hear is will the gunplay and physics ( how enemies react etc ) is like Red Dead because GTA 5s was very meh by comparison.

Everything else sounds *bleep* amazing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 04, 2018 12:40 am

Just got through the IGN stuff and you already know R* have absolutely done it again

Everything sounds incredible. I love the talk about the player-horse dynamics. The Fable series and Molyneux didn't get everything right, but the idea for the dog and the connection you forged with it was brilliant and I don't know why we don't see more player-animal connections in games. Most treat them as disposable. This improves upon that. In Fable 2 you had that connection but iirc the dog couldn't die. Knowing that you might have to face that and keep it safe, and potentially start all over...

Everything that they've said so far has been brilliant. It sounds amazing. They've added depth to every aspect of RDR.

And I'm still so hyped about the map. Don't get me wrong, I love the Southwest and RDR's classic Western feel, but the diversity and density of the RDR2 map, from what we've seen so far, and it's placement as part of America's heartland is special for me and I can't wait to see it.

The camp aspect sounds really neat as well.

Honestly I know Danyjr talked about length but this is R*, they always put out a pretty lengthy game. I'm not too worried about it. But even if it was somewhat short, as usual it sounds like you could just get lost in the world and have plenty of things to do. As you'd expect from R*

I love this angle of real immersiveness that they're adding to it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri May 04, 2018 8:28 am

The camp stuff sounds like a cool side quest indeed and it seems like R* put a lot of effort into details for this one so there's no way we won't love this game since the first one was so amazing...

I'm glad it's October this year and not the beginning of 2019.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 32  Next