RealGunner
Hapless_Hans
Firenze
Abramovich
McAgger
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

It's time we talk about Joshua Kimmich! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's time we talk about Joshua Kimmich!

Post by footyfan01 Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:39 am

Sushi Master wrote:
footyfan01 wrote:He is playing like Lampard. And it is difficult to survive for a Lampard type player in a modern football to be honest. Technically tactically vision n possession wise you need to be better to play in CM for an elite team.

Kimmich is a good talent & is a fighter but I hope his overall play grows, he will be a top RB though & for Germany will be a natural successor to Lahm!

Are you kidding?

Kimmich has started CL matches as a CB. Tactically, Lampard is a two bit player is comparison to the talent the boy is showing.

Let's just make a list:
CM (natural role)? Check.
Fill in Lahm's boots at RB? Check.
New age Pep-playing CB? Check.
Let the reigns lose with AM movement? Check.

You put Lampard in a CM role and your midfield ceased to exist. Great player, but not a good CM.

I am not disputing that Kimmich is more versatile than Lampard. The truth is Kimmich doesn't offer much creativity, great vision, dribbling, 1st touch, technical ability, great possession play, etc - some or most of which is needed for an elite CM.

I think he should play RB on the long run. And anyways Lahm has been horrible & has fallen off a cliff. It is probably time for Kimmich to play more RB for Bayern too! The Bayern CM line-up is not good enough & needs big upgrade IMO!

This is not to belittle him. He has a decent mentality, scores a lot of goals, he is versatile & a hard worker. I think he is a good talent. I like the kid - Currently I would probably start him regularly - On the long term Bayern is in trouble if he is the main starting CM!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

It's time we talk about Joshua Kimmich! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's time we talk about Joshua Kimmich!

Post by Valkyrja Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:03 am

Why would Bayern be in trouble if he is the main starting CM ? He looks a player tbh.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:12 am

I'm wondering which of the Bayern CM's will get tired of being benched.

Boateng's injury at the beginning of the season meant Javi Martinez has been playing CB and Kimmich, Vidal, Alonso, Thiago, and Renato have been rotating for the 3 spots.

I don't know how soon Carlo will fully commit to Boateng-Hummels partnership pushing Martinez to also fight for the limited 3 midfield spots. And Alonso seems to be the preferred DM having played most of the minutes of the rest of the bunch.

If Kimmich's great form continue's it's gonna hard to see one of Thiago and Vidal being happy to be benched in their prime. Renato is young so I can see him being understanding but the other two I don't know.

Same thing goes for the front 3. Lewa and Muller are undroppable. Bayern has been lucky with injuries to Ribery, Robben, and Costa at different times. Imagine when everyone is fit and sitting on the bench at the same time. Laughing Haven't even mentioned Coman who is probably been the luckiest benefiting from the injuries.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:56 pm

His first touch indeed needs improvement, especially balls he receives above the ground.
He played a (small) number of very tidy games in CM under Pep though, most notably against a brutally hard pressing Ingolstadt last season, which made it seem like he could be good at distributing the ball in tight spaces.

He's appearances in the last months do not give the same impression, he sure does not look like he improved on the ball.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:40 pm

Don't call me James wrote:I'm wondering which of the Bayern CM's will get tired of being benched.  

Boateng's injury at the beginning of the season meant Javi Martinez has been playing CB and Kimmich, Vidal, Alonso, Thiago, and Renato have been rotating for the 3 spots.

I don't know how soon Carlo will fully commit to Boateng-Hummels partnership pushing Martinez to also fight for the limited 3 midfield spots. And Alonso seems to be the preferred DM having played most of the minutes of the rest of the bunch.

If Kimmich's great form continue's it's gonna hard to see one of Thiago and Vidal being happy to be benched in their prime. Renato is young so I can see him being understanding but the other two I don't know.

Same thing goes for the front 3. Lewa and Muller are undroppable. Bayern has been lucky with injuries to Ribery, Robben, and Costa at different times. Imagine when everyone is fit and sitting on the bench at the same time. Laughing  Haven't even mentioned Coman who is probably been the luckiest benefiting from the injuries.

If you count out Badstuber who is always out, we have 2 CB's in Boateng & Hummels & Hummels is injury prone as is Martinez. We will be playing 2 games every week thus Martinez will be starting as CB every week. Plus there is a chance Hummels may get benched as Martinez is the better CB.

Regarding Muller & Lewa, when all the wingers are healthy, 1 of them have to be dropped if we play with the 4-3-3 we are playing. Muller is just a bad winger & neither Muller nor Lewa are WC elite ST who create amazing chances & score decisive goals most times like Suarez or Aguero.

The midfield 3 has -> Kimmich, Thiago, Vidal, Sanchez, Alonso.

This is one of the smallest & thin midfield of any major team. Alonso is on his last legs & is playing because the others are not playing good enough to bench him. Sanchez has been consistently bad this season. Let us see if he is anywhere near ready to start in big games.

Thiago is the only constant in midfield who is playing well. Vidal is not in great form, but when he regains his form he will start. That will leave us Kimmich vs Sanchez for the 3rd role.

Ribery/ Costa    Muller/Lewa    Robben
             Kimmich           Vidal
                         Thiago
Alaba    Boateng  Hummels/Martinez  Lahm

As of now IMO even Lahm should be benched as he is horrible & Kimmich could be played there as well.

We will have 2 matches every week not like Chelsea. And the unfortunate part is if we play this CM trio, we can only play Alonso n Sanchez the next match. We can't replace & put a new midfield. Our bench is not as good as last year. Last year we had Goetze, Rode, PEH, Benatia - We lost all 4 & added Hummels/Sanchez.

When we will have injuries, Bayern will crumble.

Robben, Ribery (2 Wingers) Thiago, Vidal (2 CB) Martinez Badstuber (2 CB) are incredibly injury prone. So in a long season with 2 matches a week, injuries n cards, we will barely have players to put in the bench.

2 Weeks ago we were putting scrubs like Felix Goetze, Julian Green,Feidenhald etc in the bench as we had no-one!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:48 pm

The players who are benched in Madrid > Coentrao, Danilo, Varane, Isco, James, Morata, Kovacic.

Bayern (when all fit) -> Martinez, Costa, Muller, Alonso, Sanchez

You can add players like Vasquez or Coman etc who are useful off the bench! But I see our bench as being weaker than Madrid. And we have an incredibly injury prone squad.

A top squad playing CHL needs depth!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2