Gil
CBarca
Lucifer
49 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Conte sack watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Conte sack watch

Post by rincon Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:03 pm

Could also do with a Lukaku since they want a target man.

Lukaku
Hazard - De Bruyne - Salah

They have one of the all time worst transfer records.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:13 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Why would Conte take over a job as dreary and unpromising as Italy NT coach?

Why would Conte take over a job as dreary and unpromising as AC Milan coach? It's most likely his other option if he gets sacked.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:40 pm

Straight swap with Simeone/AM.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:51 pm

rofl

"I have to speak more with the managers who are very, very good at persuading their clubs to spend money to buy top players," he said.

"I think I'm a bit of a disaster to convince the club to buy players. I think in this aspect I can improve a lot.

"I have to learn a lot from the other coaches, the other managers, in that aspect."

"My task is to try and improve every single player, in every aspect - in terms of their mentality also. For this, I'm very good," he said.

rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:00 am

rincon wrote:rofl

"I have to speak more with the managers who are very, very good at persuading their clubs to spend money to buy top players," he said.

"I think I'm a bit of a disaster to convince the club to buy players. I think in this aspect I can improve a lot.

"I have to learn a lot from the other coaches, the other managers, in that aspect."

"My task is to try and improve every single player, in every aspect - in terms of their mentality also. For this, I'm very good," he said.

he is laying into the club left and right Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:08 am

Obviously Conte can't wait to get back to Italy, I feel like a broken record for repeating this. He won the title, he's not getting along great at the club, he's somewhat homesick... It's only a question whether he'll be sacked (and entitled for compensation) or walks away on his own initiative (doesn't get paid).

I just hope Chelsea lose Conte and Hazard in the same summer and go into a crisis while Abramovich has lost his interest, too, and won't be putting more cash into the club.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:47 am

lol, he's quite clearly miserable and obviously gone this summer, just a matter of if Roman sacks him between now and then, I don't think he will, they could still make top 4. Genuinely curious to see where he ends up. No chance of Milan, they are so far below him it's not even worth speculating over. Can see PSG this summer.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:46 pm

In press conferance he used the word "suffer"... Literally said "we must suffer against Barcelona".

0 mentality points there. Obviously skipped psychology class along with Buffon
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:05 pm

Sacked in the morning
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:10 pm

you still want him at Milan? I wasn't that impressed by him winning the league in his first season simply because I know having no European responsibilities and playing once a week is huge, look at how thin that team was last season if they weren't rested each week no way he would have won it. Wonder if PSG will go for him.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:13 pm

Not really, the only coaches i want are Mou/Poc/Klopp/Sarri, we have our own Conte right now in Gattuso. Thoufh i am skeptical of him going into next season, could be anpther Montella (his second half of the season last year was like this one)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:29 pm

Welcome back to the NT cheers
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:30 pm

Firenze wrote:you still want him at Milan? I wasn't that impressed by him winning the league in his first season simply because I know having no European responsibilities and playing once a week is huge, look at how thin that team was last season if they weren't rested each week no way he would have won it. Wonder if PSG will go for him.

Firenze pls. Everyone was fapping to Pep and Mou in preseason while Conte walked the league with an inferior team.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:40 pm

Kaladin wrote:Not really, the only coaches i want are Mou/Poc/Klopp/Sarri, we have our own Conte right now in Gattuso. Thoufh i am skeptical of him going into next season, could be anpther Montella (his second half of the season last year was like this one)
You really want Sarri as much those other guys? The guy plays excellent football for the first time in his career but he's an ass, screams provinciale to me. Of course if I were a Milan fan I'd take him, but he's not on the same tier as the other ones you mentioned.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:43 pm

He is a giant ass but what has someone like Poc done to be considered better than him? Mou has done waaay more but I wouldnt take 2018 Mou over many coaches, including Poc, Klopp or Sarri. Milan will almost surely renew Gattuso anyway.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:00 pm

Poch may not have any titles to his name yet, but he has the most points over the past 3 seasons in the PL, turned the weakest defense in the league into the most solid one, and turned Spurs from a top 6 side into one that goes head to head with European top sides like Dortmund, Real and Juve. If things keep going like they have he will eventually get silverware to go along with the good performances.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:06 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Poch may not have any titles to his name yet, but he has the most points over the past 3 seasons in the PL, turned the weakest defense in the league into the most solid one, and turned Spurs from a top 6 side into one that goes head to head with European top sides like Dortmund, Real and Juve. If things keep going like they have he will eventually get silverware to go along with the good performances.

Achievements like those are pretty much just like Sarri's. Poc hasn't really been close to a PL title and he hasn't had to compete with a team like Juve. Lost to Leicester and Chelsea, even finished below Arsenal twice recently. Lost to Genk in EL. If he hadn't looked good in CL this year his hype would be cut in half.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:20 pm

Lol English teams never take the EL seriously.

In any case, I'm not arguing that he's much better than Sarri, I'm arguing that he's on a similar level but he's not an ass (or much less so than Sarri is), so I think most fans would prefer to have Poch over Sarri.

Also Poch did compete with "a team like Juve" and didn't look terrible, I seem to recall he turned around a 2-0 deficit in Turin :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:27 pm

all I know is I had never heard Sarri's name mentioned or even knew who he was until about a year ago

while Poch inspires children from the favela's in Buenos Aires to the streets of Catalonia, much like Messi :coffee:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:40 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Poch may not have any titles to his name yet, but he has the most points over the past 3 seasons in the PL, turned the weakest defense in the league into the most solid one, and turned Spurs from a top 6 side into one that goes head to head with European top sides like Dortmund, Real and Juve. If things keep going like they have he will eventually get silverware to go along with the good performances.

That actually made me lol, that's a great banter stat but come on brah.

As for Conte, let's not detract from his league win. He worked miracles that season but his shitty attitude rears it's head once again. I can't see him last more than a few years at any club until he stops being a bitch about transfers.

I was willing to agree with him where Juve were concerned but then 'Milan reject' Allegri comes along with the exact same resources Conte had and gets us to 2 CL finals. Then he goes to Chelsea of all clubs and bitches that top 3 sugar daddy Abramovich isn't spending enough and instructs his team to sit back like a pub team Vs City. Pathetic.

Only clubs who spend what Conte seems to need is United, City and PSG. I'm not even sure Real Madrid would have been exempt from his bitching after the Summer they had. Laughing

He's just a great motivator. But when he's pissed off his biggest strength dies because he ends up transferring that bitterness to his squad a la Mourinho.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:45 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Lol English teams never take the EL seriously.

In any case, I'm not arguing that he's much better than Sarri, I'm arguing that he's on a similar level but he's not an ass (or much less so than Sarri is), so I think most fans would prefer to have Poch over Sarri.

Also Poch did compete with "a team like Juve" and didn't look terrible, I seem to recall he turned around a 2-0 deficit in Turin :coffee:

I seem to recall he still lost that tie :coffee:

Nah but you know what I mean. Leicester winning the league pretty much destroyed every other top coach in the PL that year. Wenger and Poc will never get as good a chance again. Then the following year Chelsea won it and they are in no way a "great team. Sarri has to beat a Juve that is much more consistent and deep than recent pl champions and still comes closer to the title (bad can still win it this year).

Poc for me has a way to go still.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:33 am

I think Poch and Sarri are on similar levels. What I can say is at least Poch took the CL seriously instead of putting out his B team Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:13 am

CBarca wrote:I think Poch and Sarri are on similar levels. What I can say is at least Poch took the CL seriously instead of putting out his B team Laughing

There's actually quite a few parallels to be drawn between Sarri and Poch, along with Napoli and Tottenham respectively hmm

I can completely understand why Milan fans would want Sarri. He's quality. Napoli is competing with Juventus with 1/3 of the budget, the play a wonderful style too. I don't like Napoli, De Laurentiis or even Sarri but respect is due. If Sarri leaves Napoli, it would be a big loss for them and I bet he would drag Milan to the top 4, but that Milan team needs a lot of love.

Suggesting GOATTuso is anywhere near Conte at this point is a bit shortsighted and at the very least, extremely premature. He's a long way away from Conte, albeit having a much shorter sample to work off of. At this point, and any point, Conte would still be an immediate upgrade to Gattuso, even if they operate in similar ways. Again though, I have a lot of respect for Gattuso leading Milan onto a good stretch of results. They're just lacking quite a bit of quality up top for me.

Conte absolutely needs to go from Chelsea, clear disconnect between him, the club and the players. I knew this would be the case when he started hammering the club about transfers- the same way he exited Juventus

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:33 am

CBarca wrote:I think Poch and Sarri are on similar levels. What I can say is at least Poch took the CL seriously instead of putting out his B team Laughing

This thing of Sarri to not take seriously CL is just an urban legend Laughing
He did not take seriously just EL , and it is same for Pochettino
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:09 am

Even if I give that to you, the fact remains that Sarri's Napoli went out with 6 points in a group of Shaktar, City, and Feyenoord. Shaktar in second got 12.

Horrific CL performance

Although I agree there are a lot of similarities between them, and Poch too went out the previous year in the group stages, so when I say what I say, it's not in support of Poch (as I've said, I view them on similar levels as there are indeed many parallels), it's just me pointing out that if they didn't take CL seriously then the results are arguably even more embarrassing for Napoli.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:25 pm

Kaladin wrote:Sacked in the morning

he's not sacked yet, is he?

I thought he was already out

Myesyats
World Class Contributor