Do you really eat geese for Christmas?

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

General UK politics - Page 18 Empty Re: General UK politics

Post by Nishankly on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:02 pm

@Jay29 wrote:
@Unique wrote:most of the crime we see now is done by young people that have no jobs and are taking drugs or selling drugs that leads to violent crimes. if we start spending money to train young people to get jobs in things like construction ( where most of the people coming from the EU seem to take ) we can cut down on crime. brexit does 2 things that help us. 1 it will save us crazy amounts of money and 2 it will stop the free movement of people. you have to invest in training and jobs for young people to get them off the streets commiting crime. its simple maths that tell you if the young people of britain has to compete with the whole of europe for homes and jobs then you will get problems. we have a shortage of homes jobs and health care in this country and i would love to see anyone tell me how free movment of people from the EU can not make them problems worst

Brexit is going to happen whether I like it or not, but I will say this: the problem I have with this argument is the assumption people from the EU are taking jobs away from people born and living in the UK just by turning up. An employer offers the same rate regardless of where the candidate comes from, and should be employing based on who presents themselves as the most attractive candidate and what they can offer (if anything, unconscious bias of employers should favour UK nationals, but that's a whole other discussion). If the people from the EU are beating out those living in the UK, I have my doubts that it's because they're from the EU. It's more likely because they have better skills and experience.

Not valid in low paying labour force jobs.

I doubt British people have a problem of say KPMG hiring an Italian Analyst who speaks Spanish, French and English with 3 years of work experience. That person won't be a problem to anyone because he'll directly be at a richer, open minded part of society where cultural differences don't matter at all. Its the lower ladder where the issues are. Its already tough enough to immigrate using employment in the high paying jobs. I had posted the statistics in the immigration thread. 100 times likely for a cab driver to get a Permanent Residency and job in a new country than a Business School Passout.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:44 pm

And so it starts. Lilly Allen is saying Boris only won because Britain is racist and Stormzy has said this is not good for the Muslims in the UK as he says the Tories are against the Muslims in the UK but he does not say anything about the rife anti semitism under Corbyn so I guess it's fuck the Jews and just worry about the Muslims from Stormzy. Laughing

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:51 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:headline in the Spiegel

"the geese voted for christmas"

this is really, really dragging me down
fucking depressing
not sure how much more of this shit I can't take

I didn't think it would be so bad when I was growing up
thought things were only going to get better, slowly maybe, but better

instead this is escalating quickly

I thought it's pretty common in Europe. We eat geese too, among many other things of course.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:53 pm

Only a turkey will do at Christmas

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:24 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:headline in the Spiegel

"the geese voted for christmas"

this is really, really dragging me down
fucking depressing
not sure how much more of this shit I can't take

I didn't think it would be so bad when I was growing up
thought things were only going to get better, slowly maybe, but better

instead this is escalating quickly

Yes.
Not me personally, there's different traditions and in my family goose isn't one, but it is a tradition in Germany. Weihnachtsgans, christmas goose

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:29 pm

@Unique wrote:
@McLewis wrote:US Health insurance companies have to be salivating at the mouth at the prospect of carving the NHS up and loading up UK citizens with premiums and copays just we Americans are suffering under.

I sure hope the people who voted these Conservatives in do their homework on what deductibles are. The days of health-care related bankruptcy are coming.

Sad night for the UK. I feel terrible for the Labour folks, but where was the effort to get out the vote with British milennials and Gen Zers? Did Labour even try to get them out to vote?
boris has said the NHS is not for sale.

Yeah and Alisson wasn't for sale either....until you guys came in with the right price Laughing

Nothing is ever "not for sale".

Waiting 45 minutes to be seen for 5 minutes by a doctor is about the least of UK citizens concerns when they have health problems and that's super tragic.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:38 pm

Winning this election was never a challenge for the Conservatives*, making a success out of Brexit is, let's see how they handle that one.

*considering what a mess the Labour party have become, usually opposition parties have it easier since they can point out all the shortcomings of the parties in power and promise they'll do a better job, I have never seen a party in opposition screw themselves over as badly as Corbyn's Labour.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:06 pm

@McLewis wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@McLewis wrote:US Health insurance companies have to be salivating at the mouth at the prospect of carving the NHS up and loading up UK citizens with premiums and copays just we Americans are suffering under.

I sure hope the people who voted these Conservatives in do their homework on what deductibles are. The days of health-care related bankruptcy are coming.

Sad night for the UK. I feel terrible for the Labour folks, but where was the effort to get out the vote with British milennials and Gen Zers? Did Labour even try to get them out to vote?

Yeah and Alisson wasn't for sale either....until you guys came in with the right price Laughing

Waiting 45 minutes to be seen for 5 minutes by a doctor is about the least of UK citizens concerns when they have health problems and that's super tragic.
waiting 45 minutes. We wished we could wait for 45 minutes. Some times it takes 3 days to see a doctor and that's no joke.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:20 pm

So unsurprisingly, the Tories were voted in by men aged >65

The older the voters, the more percentage the Tories get

Almost like it's a paradoxical tragedy for mankind that life expectancy is so high

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:28 pm

@Unique wrote:
@McLewis wrote:
@Unique wrote:

waiting 45 minutes. We wished we could wait for 45 minutes. Some times it takes 3 days to see a doctor and that's no joke.

That's still better than being buried under medical bills that eventually result in bankruptcy. I think Americans would be totally fine waiting 3 days for treatment on a health issue if they knew they weren't going to be billed hundreds or thousands of dollars that will take significant financial effort to pay off.

As I said, waiting is going to be the least of your issues once the US Insurances companies get a hold of the NHS. Boris Johnson's word is about as good as Trump's.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:09 am

https://news.sky.com/story/general-election-boris-johnson-urges-uk-to-find-closure-and-let-healing-begin-11885684

Looks like my man Boris is kicking ass and taking names Cool

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:11 am

You have to hand it to Boris he knew what he was doing with this election. As soon as people were opposing him he called the election so he could get rid of them and it worked a treat.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:41 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:So unsurprisingly, the Tories were voted in by men aged >65

The older the voters, the more percentage the Tories get

Almost like it's a paradoxical tragedy for mankind that life expectancy is so high
so what your saying is it was a mistake for Corbyn to target the brain dead gamers with his offer of free internet if he wins rofl

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:44 am

While Johnson was talking about fixing the NHS and releasing us from the chains of Europe jezza was telling people to vote for me and get free internet and people wonder why he got raped. rofl

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex on Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:39 pm

Logged in to my Facebook for the first time in ages and, boy, what a shit show. I never knew so many of my friends were whiny little bishes. That was one thing. What I couldn't believe was the unbridled and unabashed vitriol targeted at conservatives, tantamount to death threats and calls for violence against them, as well as accusing them of murdering children and ruining people's lives by proxy, branding them every evil name ever consigned to the annals of history. All because they chose to exercise their right to vote Rolling Eyes

👏 and 👏 then 👏 they 👏 wonder 👏 why 👏 they 👏 constantly 👏 get 👏 utterly 👏 smashed 👏 and 👏 lose 👏 every 👏 election 👏 lately 👏

@The_Badger wrote:Chelsea fans forget that they are only where they are due to the ill-gotten gains of their owner who had people murdered to make his fortune.

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:06 pm

Are you English Lex? Your humor suggests so Very Happy

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit on Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:01 pm

@Jay29 wrote:
@Unique wrote:most of the crime we see now is done by young people that have no jobs and are taking drugs or selling drugs that leads to violent crimes. if we start spending money to train young people to get jobs in things like construction ( where most of the people coming from the EU seem to take ) we can cut down on crime. brexit does 2 things that help us. 1 it will save us crazy amounts of money and 2 it will stop the free movement of people. you have to invest in training and jobs for young people to get them off the streets commiting crime. its simple maths that tell you if the young people of britain has to compete with the whole of europe for homes and jobs then you will get problems. we have a shortage of homes jobs and health care in this country and i would love to see anyone tell me how free movment of people from the EU can not make them problems worst

Brexit is going to happen whether I like it or not, but I will say this: the problem I have with this argument is the assumption people from the EU are taking jobs away from people born and living in the UK just by turning up. An employer offers the same rate regardless of where the candidate comes from, and should be employing based on who presents themselves as the most attractive candidate and what they can offer (if anything, unconscious bias of employers should favour UK nationals, but that's a whole other discussion). If the people from the EU are beating out those living in the UK, I have my doubts that it's because they're from the EU. It's more likely because they have better skills and experience.

Meanwhile, there are various other reasons why young people end up jobless and on the streets. One is poverty. Another is poor education. Both go hand-in-hand. These kids can't get jobs because they have poor skills. They have poor skills because they did poorly at school, lacked a good support system, and didn't get the chance to do higher education or go to a vocational school. This stems from under-investment in the country's education. One possible reason for that is the money going to the EU, sure. But equally, I could point out the increasing number of billionaires and corporations not paying tax and hoarding wealth.

Stopping free movement does not solve the root cause of the problem. Employers are still not going to hire candidates who lack the skills and experiences to do the job. To say nothing of the internal competition that's now being caused by companies pulling out of the UK thanks to Brexit; tens of thousands of people now jobless due to companies closing down or outsourcing their work because it's cheaper. I'm fortunate enough to work for a university, who aren't about to be pulling out of the UK anytime soon, so my job is fine. But if I was working for a private company, I'd be concerned about my future, and having fewer EU nationals would be scant consolation when I'd just be up against more domestic competition instead.

just like Nish said not applicable to low paying low skill jobs.

The less skilled jobs are the bread and butter of poor. If EU people are coming and taking all the jobs at a lower wage then it is a problem.

Isn't your NHS operating using a lot of indian nurses? They are suppressing the wage increase and also making it less attractive for british to seek employment as a nurse.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto on Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:16 am

@Lex wrote:Logged in to my Facebook for the first time in ages and, boy, what a shit show. I never knew so many of my friends were whiny little bishes. That was one thing. What I couldn't believe was the unbridled and unabashed vitriol targeted at conservatives, tantamount to death threats and calls for violence against them, as well as accusing them of murdering children and ruining people's lives by proxy, branding them every evil name ever consigned to the annals of history. All because they chose to exercise their right to vote Rolling Eyes

👏 and 👏 then 👏 they 👏 wonder 👏 why 👏 they 👏 constantly 👏 get 👏 utterly 👏 smashed 👏 and 👏 lose 👏 every 👏 election 👏 lately 👏

And then of course the glorification of Corbyn as if he is some fallen martyr done wrong against.

If one is letting an election control and sway the wind of their lives then a closer look into their lives will tell you exactly why they are in the state to let things that out of their control, be banked upon to improve their pathetic lives.

The protesting of "Not our prime minister" is democracy as democracy does allow such as that but I can assure you the billionaires indirectly paying for such things to happen are laughing whilst some lost and misled citizens are thinking them shouting their disagreement upon the streets is going to make any difference at all.

Arquitecto
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:30 pm

The selling off to USA has begun

In one unedited passage of the report, the Ministry of Defence said if the deal went ahead there was "a risk that the institutional framework and safeguards required by the government's security framework may be undermined".

Government published this news after 10pm on a Friday so no one would notice Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:49 pm

you will find that the uk will from time to time deal with america but dont believe corbyn when he tells you your food will have maggots in it and you will be charged £600 for a painkiller

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:19 pm

Stormzy says Britain is "definitely, 100%" racist and it has got worse since Boris Johnson became prime minister.

The grime artist made the comments in an interview with Italian newspaper La Repubblica where he was asked if Britain was still racist. Since Mr Johnson entered Downing Street, racism in Britain was worse as people who hold racist views felt emboldened to express them, he said.

"Before, people had to hide their racism. If you felt something bad about black people, about Muslims, you had to shut up.

"Now these people have the confidence to come out in public to say everything. This is scary to me, that scares the s*** out of me."

do you notice how stormzy never says anything about the jew hating in the labour party. thats because the jews are not black or muslims and they are the only people he cares about.

well stormzy as the saying goes if you dont like it here then FUCK RIGHT OFF

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex on Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:46 pm

@Myesyats wrote:Are you English Lex? Your humor suggests so Very Happy
I'm of Greek lineage (King Leonidas great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great cousin) but born and bred in good ol Blighty

@The_Badger wrote:Chelsea fans forget that they are only where they are due to the ill-gotten gains of their owner who had people murdered to make his fortune.

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:17 pm

I'd dare to guess the only Greek part about you is that you're balls deep in debt hmm

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:45 pm

@Unique wrote:Stormzy says Britain is "definitely, 100%" racist and it has got worse since Boris Johnson became prime minister.

The grime artist made the comments in an interview with Italian newspaper La Repubblica where he was asked if Britain was still racist. Since Mr Johnson entered Downing Street, racism in Britain was worse as people who hold racist views felt emboldened to express them, he said.

"Before, people had to hide their racism. If you felt something bad about black people, about Muslims, you had to shut up.

"Now these people have the confidence to come out in public to say everything. This is scary to me, that scares the s*** out of me."

do you notice how stormzy never says anything about the jew hating in the labour party. thats because the jews are not black or muslims and they are the only people he cares about.

Fuck off where, he was born in England and is British.

A black guy who criticizes the country should just leave then lol, talk about thin skin.

#JUSTICE4General UK politics - Page 18 Lulcas11General UK politics - Page 18 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBGeneral UK politics - Page 18 ZidaneGeneral UK politics - Page 18 SmurffGeneral UK politics - Page 18 GhelyonGeneral UK politics - Page 18 Hungry_boyGeneral UK politics - Page 18 Lol-sign

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:53 pm

@Unique wrote:Stormzy says Britain is "definitely, 100%" racist and it has got worse since Boris Johnson became prime minister.

you're proving him right man...

did you notice how the media stopped talking about the jew-hating labour party now that elections are over? wonder why... could it be they never really cared in the first place and were just using it for electoral purposes?

Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum