The European Super League Megathread

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

The European Super League Megathread - Page 12 Empty Re: The European Super League Megathread

Post by Luca Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:35 pm

@Thimmy wrote:Based on what did people decide that Perez is a key figure in all of this? hmm

He’s the chairman brother

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

The European Super League Megathread - Page 12 Empty Re: The European Super League Megathread

Post by Firenze Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:38 pm

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:39 pm

what a muppet, most fans are against this and backing Uefa and then he makes comments like that ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:41 pm

Well Ceferin salty child... if your organization wasn't so shit we wouldn't be there
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:49 pm

Main reason we are here is that clubs are so mismanaged they are all deep in debt, not uefa. Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:50 pm

The European Super League Megathread - Page 12 5fd985247dff83f36931468a8de33202

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:55 pm

@Thimmy wrote:Based on what did people decide that Perez is a key figure in all of this? hmm

Based on his public lobbying for it over the years and the fact that he is the chairman of the super league
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:03 pm

The European Super League Megathread - Page 12 Ae583b096f32d2bb1295a16c8b50f769

there's so much money on the table here that the only way I can see it not going ahead is if these teams really are kicked from their domestic leagues, and that just won't happen. Nobody is gonna tune into the leagues without these teams. Sad but this is gonna happen.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:07 pm

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:07 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Main reason we are here is that clubs are so mismanaged they are all deep in debt, not uefa. Laughing

I'd say the reason we're here is that big clubs outgrew the need for a sanctioning body.
farfan
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:08 pm

Ceferin Laughing
Hypocrisy by Uefa and FIFA is even irritating.
As if their football has not been based so far on values like money and power.
Just a short time ago FIFA  cheated for World Cup!

Last edited by Robespierre on Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:08 pm

Disgrace. Greedy anti competition monopoly. I hope every club participating end up severely punished.

If UEFA die with this, nobody would shed a tear but its irrelevant.

A league in which founding members can never be relegated and the same 15 teams play each other every single season? Boring, ridiculous and pathetic.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:08 pm

@Firenze wrote:The European Super League Megathread - Page 12 Ae583b096f32d2bb1295a16c8b50f769

there's so much money on the table here that the only way I can see it not going ahead is if these teams really are kicked from their domestic leagues, and that just won't happen. Nobody is gonna tune into the leagues without these teams. Sad but this is gonna happen.

I'm sure the teams in the Super League are prepared to do away with domestic leagues at some point. If this thing keeps growing, it wouldn't even make sense for them to compete domestically.
farfan
farfan
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 pm

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:10 pm

@The Franchise wrote:Disgrace. Greedy anti competition monopoly. I hope every club participating end up severely punished.

A league in which founding members can never be relegated and the same 15 teams play each other every single season? Boring, ridiculous and pathetic.

Punished by who? Laughing the teams are breaking away from the sanctioning bodies that would normally deal out the punishment.
farfan
farfan
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:11 pm

Kinda excited about this, but I'm really selfish here and not thinking about smaller teams.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:13 pm

They were not doing all this without huge guarantees

So it will happen. As everyone else i might follow the results and maybe watch the games as neutral. Still can safely say that was the final nail in my coffin. Not sure how i can still be a Juve fan, i can only praise things i have respect for. Impossible to discard its flaws without it.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:14 pm

@farfan wrote:
@The Franchise wrote:Disgrace. Greedy anti competition monopoly. I hope every club participating end up severely punished.

Punished by who? Laughing the teams are breaking away from the sanctioning bodies that would normally deal out the punishment.

Ban players of their national teams is the best they can do

Which is equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:15 pm

@farfan wrote:

Well nobody if they leave the domestic leagues, but I dont think they are quite as willing to throw away the money they get from those as you seem to be.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:16 pm

@Lucifer wrote:Pathetic stuff. UEFA should strip RM of all their 13 CL titles to teach everyone a lesson.

barcelona's in it too...back to this topic, whilst i understand the general consensus, and i'm not in support of any new competitions, the way uefa and fifa have reacted to this kinda makes me not dislike it. those two have responded lazily or dragged their feet on other important matters, that i never thought them capable of such decisiveness. they responded so fast with threats along the way....i would have loved to see this same energy from fifa and uefa on some other issue. i guess they too are watching their pockets
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:19 pm

The amount of stick Arsenal is getting from this is damn harsh lmaooooo
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:21 pm

@The Franchise wrote:
@farfan wrote:

Well nobody if they leave the domestic leagues, but I dont think they are quite as willing to throw away the money they get from those as you seem to be.

There are no domestic leagues without these teams. Barça and Madrid have been negotiating their individual broadcasting deals for years anyway. I'm sure broadcasters will jump on whatever format the ESL comes up with. They'll probably start their own streaming service as well.

They have this thing ironed out.
farfan
farfan
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:21 pm

Fans want to maintain the integrity of their domestic leagues and keep Champions League. Money already stains football and everybody is used to it, at this point. UEFA is the ally we get by default... not the ally we deserve. It's beyond clear deep down they are just jealous of the Superleague money
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:23 pm

@Warrior wrote:
@farfan wrote:

Ban players of their national teams is the best they can do

Which is equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot

Exactly.

Also, if the figures that are circulating are accurate, we can expect a significant salary bump for players. I'd bet most of them would take an x3 salary increase over a world cup appearance.
farfan
farfan
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:23 pm

yeah I have no problem with them shafting Uefa here in the slightest, but the way they've set this thing up...sheesh. I'll be watching every single game, I know it.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:24 pm

@farfan wrote:
@The Franchise wrote:
@farfan wrote:

There are no domestic leagues without these teams. Barça and Madrid have been negotiating their individual broadcasting deals for years anyway. I'm sure broadcasters will jump on whatever format the ESL comes up with. They'll probably start their own streaming service as well.

They have this thing ironed out.

So are they leaving the domestic leagues willingly or the FA's need them so much they will continue in them unpunished according to you?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum