Robespierre
RealGunner
sportsczy
rincon
S
61 posters

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Go down

The European Super League Megathread - Page 2 Empty Re: The European Super League Megathread

Post by M99 Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:08 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Cruijf wrote:Have no idea how we managed to sneak ourselves into that top 11 list rofl

Prestige i think

That plus TV money. Most watched teams from the top 5 leagues.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The European Super League Megathread - Page 2 Empty Re: The European Super League Megathread

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:01 pm

After the Football Leaks/Spiegel story yesterday that Bayern looked into leaving BuLi and CL for an European Super league, here today was the reaction of Bayern supporters at the home game vs Freiburg

The European Super League Megathread - Page 2 DrFqNXbW4AEB_HV

Banner says "We adhere to the Bundesliga, Superleague without us"

The European Super League Megathread - Page 2 1573003239-03-11-2018-fussball-1-bundesliga-bayern-muenchen-freiburg-lEFeVoQ7ia7

Banners say "Never again 'German Champion FCB'? Never again  'honest titles'.."
['the most honest title' is what Hoeneß and Rummenigge like to call the league champonship]
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:05 pm

Not gonna lie, I would ditch Arsenal in a heartbeat if they broke away into a Super League.

Any trace of sporting integrity, competition and tradition would be gone as teams just play out for who can get the biggest pot of cash. No thanks.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:16 pm

Am I missing something?

I read this proposal as an alternative to CL, not that the clubs would be abandoning their own country leagues.

The proposal some years ago was a super league which was these super clubs leaving their country leagues, but this time it is a new tournament proposed in place of CL. perhaps the name is what is misleading!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:21 pm

Everyone agrees Inter should be fix and not Initial guest in Superleague?

Pls, History, derby of Milano, San Siro always sold out by Inter fans etc. Who cares of City

Good banners by Bayern fans, thanks Hans for sharing this
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:23 pm

Robespierre wrote:Everyone agrees Inter should be fix and not Initial guest in Superleague?

Pls, History, derby of Milano, San Siro always sold out by Inter fans etc. Who cares of City

inter over City anyday
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:24 pm

Robespierre wrote:Everyone agrees Inter should be fix and not Initial guest in Superleague?

Whose everyone?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:48 pm

sportsczy wrote:Will never fly.

/thread

This will never happen.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:57 pm

Never say never IMO
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:07 am

Sounds like franchising tbh which by itself is not terrible. It's all about the money, all these teams have enough prestige to pull in the international viewing numbers and it seems like they're pulling enough numbers to ditch the domestic market. It's not like the rich EPL teams care about it and when the EPL deal expires that's a lot of TV money that has to go somewhere.

Don't forget that every single entertainment industry has realized that China is a market equal in size to EU and NA combined. What domestic fans want is becoming increasingly less important (or even relevant from a business perspective)
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:13 am

Jay29 wrote:Not gonna lie, I would ditch Arsenal in a heartbeat if they broke away into a Super League.

Any trace of sporting integrity, competition and tradition would be gone as teams just play out for who can get the biggest pot of cash. No thanks.

I think this is where I'd probably end up with Roma as well. I didn't become a Romanista to see this club sell its soul for a seat at the big boys table. Some people believe they've done that already, but I don't. Joining something like this would absolutely seal it though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:47 am

Not sure it is a good idea. Giving smaller clubs inside and outside the top 4 leagues is necessary.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:48 am

How is it necessary for the purposes of creating a super league and having unrivaled advertising power?
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:33 am

I think this type of competition will surely help some teams like PSG and Juventus. because winning the league they play in isn't important really. it is not satisfying enough. not a true challenge. and if they crash out of CL their season ends there.

so having another competition and opportunity where they face strong teams is very good for them and their fans.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:46 pm

Nah you know nothing about Juventus
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:34 pm

Awful take from Agnelli. Atalanta are one of the most entertaining sides in this competition. I want to see more sides like this make it this far in the comp, not just the same old elite sides. That shit is boring as hell. And I don't appreciate him using Roma as a reason for why Atalanta shouldn't be in this comp. We're ass right now and are very likely going to get waxed by Sevilla in the fucking Europa League. And we'll have deserved it. Atalanta are better than Roma right now. Full stop. The right team is in the CL this season. Agnelli is wrong here.

If it wasn't clear, I'm against the Super League. It's an elitist circlejerker's wet dream.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:00 pm

He either has something personal against Atalanta or he's just not that bright because what he's saying doesn't make any sense.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:25 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:He either has something personal against Atalanta or he's just not that bright because what he's saying doesn't make any sense.

This is actually on-brand for him. He's one of the most aggressive proponents of a super league that consists of Europe's richest and most storied teams.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:27 am

Pretty much the worst possible take on this that ge could have chosen to promote the super league
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:30 am

Given a Super League is exactly what every elite Sheikh, Oligarch, serial investor and of course Elite/billionaire would want, no surprise trust fund baby Agnelli would say something in that form. Would like to see if he repeats something in the spectrum when Lyon knocks Juve's ass out of the competition.

Speaking of Atalanta, Gasperini did say:

"We most definitely should be part of the Super League Atalanta, after the way we have been playing. And at that I would say in the Top seed."
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:37 am

and then people wonder how I went from a die-hard Juve fan... to someone who can't stand them.

Someone should point out that Juve isn't exactly a great CL team.  I don't see where Juve thinks they belong in the European elite historically unless we're talking about 10 teams having an automatic invitation.

Even in the US, you actually have to make the playoffs.  You can't get demoted... but you're not guaranteed to make the playoffs.

What a bunch of nonsense.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:13 pm

Most owners or directors of big clubs including the directors and/or presidents of football associations think that way. Even though the epl gets some sort of bragging rights to have teams like Leicester win the league or play in europe, those who run the association would rather a team like utd be in the mix as that's a cash cow

It is also why policies like the la Liga one regarding injured players exists as u know in no way shape or form is it meant to help the small teams in the league. Everyone loves the cash cow. Every director of every big club agrees with agnelli.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:51 pm

No, no and no.

It will ruin the sport.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:32 am

i would be disgusted by my club if milan signs up for this - to ditch prestige for money driven agendas. like many says, i would be more than happy to watch lower level clubs competing in UEFA Champions league than this

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:37 am

If this happens i stop following football

Agnelli is a prick since 2016. He ruins my fun as Juve fan with his delusion, and now as general football fan with his shit superleague project. No interest except money.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:52 am

tbh warrior me too or better yet it would be better if teams like ajax or some teams from french leagues or even teams from serie a who are not part of this circus can get more UEFA CL actions because in the end - prestige > money and fans will choose UEFA CL anyday ahead of super league

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next